Female vs Male Warrior [BUG] Njoror SAVE ME ! - Bug Reporting - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

Female vs Male Warrior [BUG] Njoror SAVE ME !

• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

#1 xPsyex

xPsyex

I am New.

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 17 May 2013 - 08:57 AM

so we just tested some stuff with the warriors cause i felt like males doing faster aura strikes than my sweet little girl...

we even tested Bash/Brandishstorm/Ragestrike and all that-_-...

the animation for those is pretty on spot, just slight delay cause of latency

then we went to perma aurastriking a bossmob to test it, and bscly the male warrior pushes ahead cause of a faster animation of aura strike, he was able to pull of 2-3 aura strikes when i JUST finished my first 1...

for those guys saying its because of a gear diffrence, i was running full haste/vigor gear with the female, and the male was a tank with full dodge/parry gear (also we r arround the same gear lvl)

#2 Reppu

Reppu

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 69 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 17 May 2013 - 09:10 AM

Female Aura Strike is delayed, yes. This is not a 'bug'.

#3 Jargous

Jargous

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 319 posts

Posted 17 May 2013 - 09:18 AM

It has been sent as a request, this is a common thing found in many Korean MMOs where female characters receive "unfair" treatment. I'm not sure what it is.

#4 xPsyex

xPsyex

I am New.

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 17 May 2013 - 09:21 AM

Female Aura Strike is delayed, yes. This is not a 'bug'.

how's that not supposed to be a bug.... its the fkn same class only male or female... thats just so wrong O_O

#5 ShadowKashim

ShadowKashim

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 101 posts

Posted 17 May 2013 - 09:59 AM

how's that not supposed to be a bug.... its the fkn same class only male or female... thats just so wrong O_O

Yep its wrong, but that's how they do it in asia. Well most of them in asia. its the games fault. Just get used to it,

#6 Jargous

Jargous

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 319 posts

Posted 17 May 2013 - 10:45 AM

I call it a human rights issue on equality.

#7 Golden7

Golden7

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 35 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 18 May 2013 - 10:23 AM

I say that WP needs to fix this. WP is going to be the main RO2 and can set the standard. PLEASE fix this discrepancy WP!

#8 Deanleroy

Deanleroy

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 111 posts
  • LocationThe Rigs
  • Server:Chaos/Odin

Posted 18 May 2013 - 01:28 PM

Greedy AND sexist

#9 Wandrin

Wandrin

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 30 posts

Posted 18 May 2013 - 04:17 PM

Female aura strikes can be used every 48 frames(30fps) compared to males 33 frames(30fps) this is a .5sec difference between the two. Most of this time is after the damage strike in the follow through and reset animation as the damage occurs at roughly the same time.

#10 Chocs

Chocs

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 566 posts

Posted 18 May 2013 - 08:54 PM

Kinda like how girls get the glitchy eating animation in seaRO2 and kRO2.

Fix pls.....

#11 rollchan

rollchan

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 77 posts

Posted 18 May 2013 - 10:00 PM

Does this happen to other classes as well?

#12 cipherus

cipherus

I am New.

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 19 May 2013 - 08:57 PM

wow. lvl 30 knight, was having a blast. i think i just quit the game, this is just too absurd.

#13 Sera

Sera

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4831 posts
  • Locationthis evil world
  • Server:iRO Chaos

Posted 19 May 2013 - 09:13 PM

that's really just irresponsible and sexist animation

#14 Varunax

Varunax

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 386 posts
  • LocationNetherworld

Posted 19 May 2013 - 11:06 PM

What I don't get is why everyone is calling this a sexist animation when it's clearly a glitch since the female swordie performs Aura Strike twice as slow due to slowed frames.

Every animation for the male/female swordie is identical other than that. 1 animation is screwed up and you guys think it's the most sexist animation in the world.

#15 Jargous

Jargous

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 319 posts

Posted 22 May 2013 - 10:19 AM

What I don't get is why everyone is calling this a sexist animation when it's clearly a glitch since the female swordie performs Aura Strike twice as slow due to slowed frames.

Every animation for the male/female swordie is identical other than that. 1 animation is screwed up and you guys think it's the most sexist animation in the world.

They used to have the same animations while on SEA, and now it is somewhat switched. It's easy to call it a frame problem that should simply be correct, but wouldn't it be wrong if you made female classes completely inferior to male classes?

#16 Jargous

Jargous

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 319 posts

Posted 23 May 2013 - 09:18 PM

Yes, it's unfair if females were inferior... but they're not? I don't even know what the hell kind of argument you're making. It's an UNINTENTIONAL ANIMATION GLITCH THAT HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH HOW FEMALES ARE BEING TREATED IN THIS GAME.

Let me explain to you why you're an idiot:

First off, it's only the female swordmans and it affects 1 skill, AURA STRIKE. Second of all, it's only the female swordie and none of the other female classes has this problem. Thirdly no one's making a game with the female character inferior. Do you not understand?

Just like how some bosses disappear during some animation attacks and how some classes in general just bug up during animations that revolve around jumping (disappearing, lagging, etc.) It still needs fixing and none of your stupid female inferiority stupid crap.

BTW, the last boss is a female that kicks Eremes Guiles ass. OMG A WOMEN BEATING A MAN OMG WE CANT HAVE THIS NONSENSE IN THIS GAME WTF!11!1

I suppose you're completely unaware of animation glitches on female priests as well. Unintentional as it may be, it is a trend that lives in many Korean MMOs. Why? I don't really care. Instead of applying a fix, have you ever really asked why that happens? I guess you're more into fix this, fix that, without actually looking into a root. If something affected your character directly which could potentially be gamebreaking like this, I am quite sure you would be pushing non-stop for a fix. But hey, I guess it never came across your train of thought to ask why because there are more important bugs to fix.

#17 Chocs

Chocs

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 566 posts

Posted 23 May 2013 - 11:49 PM

It could be that the Female/Male distinction is at the root of a character's programming, and a bad script on the female side caused animation glitches on multiple jobs, some more affected than others. Remember that females also had glitches with their eating animation in seaRO2 and kRO2 before they removed the animation for BOTH genders here.

What I'm trying to say is... all these female animation bugs could have all come from one error. I don't know what happens on other Korean MMO, but there seemed to be a lot of female developers in RO2. I don't see why this should be intentional.

Well whatever it is, it sure is killing my DPS.

#18 Tamashiimizu

Tamashiimizu

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 27 posts

Posted 24 May 2013 - 12:35 PM

Maybe it is just an accident, maybe not, but the fact is that it brings gameplay disadvantage.

And since it isn't an urgent/exploitable bug, i don't think Gravity will care about it, as they didn't cared for A LOT of bugs STILL ongoing in all versions.

#19 lethlora

lethlora

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 42 posts
  • Server:oof

Posted 13 June 2013 - 10:54 AM

I'd find it far, far more likely that a developer like Gravity (not known for their stellar games!) would make a basic, poorly thought out mistake like "I want to do this with this animation, but oh, it's so hard to get it to look good with that number of frames! let's just add a few" and then not even stop to think what the gameplay ramifications of such a difference is than sit down and go "Hey, I am so powerfully programmed by gender roles that I am going to go out of my way to implement female characters in an inferior way."

calling it sexist in a serious manner is goofy given the other much more plausible factors, and i'd especially scrutinize very closely anyone claiming that most korean MMOs are intentionally making these sorts of differences in character gender

putting your foot down about it not being a bug is just arguing semantics. it's also entirely plausible that it is just a bug.

Edited by lethlora, 13 June 2013 - 10:55 AM.

#20 AlexaWhite

AlexaWhite

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 100 posts

Posted 13 June 2013 - 11:01 AM

It not designet. It just a bug.
Some ppl in warpportal do0 their job w/o testing result and messed animation.
On Korea and SEA all genders have same delays.
it's a tip >_~

#21 Bronx

Bronx

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 943 posts
  • LocationPiscataway, NJ
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 13 June 2013 - 11:31 AM

I noticed this on my female Swordswoman. It's not only Warriors. It's safe to assume Female Knights also have the same issue.

#22 Yukyrie

Yukyrie

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 590 posts
  • LocationLook behind you
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online 2

Posted 13 June 2013 - 07:57 PM

Oh deer...

I guess I'll be spending another $6 for a reset then, since it looks like I'll be replacing Aura Strike for Rage Strike. D:

Edited by Yukyrie, 13 June 2013 - 07:58 PM.

#23 AhinaReyoh

AhinaReyoh

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1088 posts

Posted 15 June 2013 - 11:36 AM

In regards to this... did anybody send in a formal report [ticket] about it? Chances are Gravity isn't checking this thread.

#24 KulaDiamond

KulaDiamond

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 42 posts

Posted 25 June 2013 - 02:11 PM

In regards to this... did anybody send in a formal report [ticket] about it? Chances are Gravity isn't checking this thread.

I'm hoping you have by now, or I guess I will. Anywho, is there a way to sex change in this game? Don't wanna put up with slower Aura Strike just cause my sprite happens to be female.

#25 Hermand

Hermand

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 332 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online 2
  • Server:Odin

Posted 25 June 2013 - 03:55 PM

Well skill animation really is at fault (or maybe it was meant to be like that) here, in one game (in which I cannot mention) Female spell users are preferred because it has lesser animations over Male ones.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users