• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Forsaken90745

Forsaken90745

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 20 May 2013 - 01:53 PM

top choices in stats ? skills choices ? etc ? Thanks in advance.

Now for an end game pvp coliseum/raid build. Still as a tank.
Skills choices ? We lookin to be more dps oriented such as head crush and maybe the heal for sustainability ?
Considering a skill reset as a viable option once I cap out.

Edited by Forsaken90745, 25 May 2013 - 08:24 AM.

#2 SonicTMP

SonicTMP

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 346 posts
  • LocationAlone in the dishwasher
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 20 May 2013 - 08:27 PM

read rollchans knight guide, it covers everything you need.

#3 ssjdra

ssjdra

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 35 posts

Posted 23 May 2013 - 12:40 PM

Rollchans Guide is great but there are also a few personal choices to be made once all of the basic Knight Skills are selected. Here is my build as an example: http://www.roguard.n...15355311101015/

The personal choices I made here is to go for 3/5 taunt for quicker taunts (I find a 14 second cooldown much more useful than a 20 second cooldown) and I went for 2/2 Battle Tactics for the extra threat.

As for stats, any of the Combo's Rollchan mentioned as good are good. I went 41/41 STR/AGI split. I tend to favor threat generation over marginal HP gains hence why I went that route. 41/41 STR/VIT also works well.

Edited by ssjdra, 23 May 2013 - 12:46 PM.

#4 Chocs

Chocs

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 566 posts

Posted 23 May 2013 - 07:33 PM

We won't really be needing to use Provoke much if our threat generation is good... You covered all the important skills though, so I'm sure your build is fine.

#5 ssjdra

ssjdra

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 35 posts

Posted 24 May 2013 - 08:45 AM

Chocs, I hear you 100% on that one.

I spent hours trying to figure out where to put my last two points and finally decided on provoke. I just do not see anything else that is useful to put points into. Head Crush gives you basically nothing for two more point and to get it to max I would have to take away Battle Tactics.

I am hoping they fix Aura Heal sometime in the future so I can dump them into there and it will solve everything. Until then I opted for the lower cooldown on provoke.

#6 sephiroso

sephiroso

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 946 posts

Posted 25 May 2013 - 07:46 AM

Yea getting more than 1 point in provoke is a complete waste of points, and we're strapped enough as it is. battle tactics is worth way more than faster provoke, you have shield boomerang and grand coss and your single target skills for getting aggro. honestly only reason you should use provoke is if you have just amazing dps and they actually manage to top you for a second while you're trying to grab something else that just spawned.

Basically, the following skills are worthless getting past 1, head crush, provoke, mass provoke, aura sword, don't even touch aura heal and the charge skill oh and magnum break. this is with a pure tank knight in mind of course. every other skill i can kinda see a reason to level up, doesn't mean i would but there can be an argument for leveling them up.

Edited by sephiroso, 25 May 2013 - 07:48 AM.

#7 MrForge

MrForge

I am New.

• Members
  • 3 posts
  • LocationSouthfield, Michigan
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 25 May 2013 - 09:23 AM

I'd recommend taking those two points and putting them into shield charge. Admittedly this is for pvp reasons, but I believe even full tank knights like us need to think about colosseum. I haven't had any trouble holding threat save from people using skills which increase threat (aura armor, grizzly form), so I don't see extra points on provoke being helpful.

#8 Chocs

Chocs

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 566 posts

Posted 25 May 2013 - 01:01 PM

I'm with MrForge here - Shield Charge will help in Colosseum and it'll help get some tank gear if you do it often until you hit 50. But I do understand your reasoning for putting points in Provoke, and a level 3 Shield Charge might not be enough to make much difference.

Yea getting more than 1 point in provoke is a complete waste of points, and we're strapped enough as it is. battle tactics is worth way more than faster provoke...

If you saw his build, you can see that he did get Battle Tactics -- The two extra points on Provoke were leftovers because he already put points in all the necessary skills for a "Pure Tank".

Edited by Chocs, 25 May 2013 - 01:02 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users