• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#1 ArcAngel23

ArcAngel23

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 20 May 2013 - 02:48 PM

Hi i normally play Warrior Tank but my priest wants to try wizard and i said i will do sorc and i wanna to be a DPS sorc can some one give me a skill build all the one's i see seem to be hybrid with heals or is full dps not a good idea? help a mage noob

#2 Trickplay

Trickplay

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 71 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 20 May 2013 - 02:56 PM

Hybrid is the way to go, you will be doing as much dps as possible while also being able to heal. Sorc is an off-healer in the way that they will do damage mostly, and heal when its needed.

#3 ArcAngel23

ArcAngel23

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 20 May 2013 - 03:31 PM

hmm i see so its best to add some healing i see so whats the bare minimum i need for party play?

#4 Trickplay

Trickplay

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 71 posts

Posted 20 May 2013 - 03:35 PM

You don't need your heals until you start doing the dungeons past lvl 35, and by then you will have a few already so its no problem.
http://www.ro2base.c...310238.22310238
This is the skill build I used. If you get everything in the first job section you should have ~10 skill points left over after you change, I put them all into the damage skills, then I put 1 point in all the others, leveled up earth shield, then earth seal, then your deluge and Land of Recovery last. You can swap these around and level them as you please though, it doesn't matter too much

#5 ArcAngel23

ArcAngel23

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 20 May 2013 - 04:31 PM

kk thanks will give it shot am going crit so mainly agi btw

#6 Aeynia

Aeynia

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 135 posts
  • LocationThe Cradle Of The Mind
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Odin

Posted 21 May 2013 - 08:02 PM

You don't need your heals until you start doing the dungeons past lvl 35, and by then you will have a few already so its no problem.
This is the skill build I used. If you get everything in the first job section you should have ~10 skill points left over after you change, I put them all into the damage skills, then I put 1 point in all the others, leveled up earth shield, then earth seal, then your deluge and Land of Recovery last. You can swap these around and level them as you please though, it doesn't matter too much

I would lose the extra point in Jupital Mastery for a maxed out Deluge. Deluge is the perfect cinch heal and totally worth the slight reduction in free Jupital, imo.

#7 ArcAngel23

ArcAngel23

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 21 May 2013 - 10:05 PM

deluge lasts for how long? and i hear it has a very long cast time / animation is it worth it to lose potential jupital DPS?

#8 Yooji

Yooji

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 243 posts
  • LocationNorth Korea

Posted 22 May 2013 - 01:33 AM

deluge lasts for how long? and i hear it has a very long cast time / animation is it worth it to lose potential jupital DPS?

yes it's worth it, drop it on the melees and the tank and get out of there. It's meant to support those raidmembers in critical moments, they'll love you :)

The cast time isn't that long either, I believe it's around 2secs?

#9 ArcAngel23

ArcAngel23

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 22 May 2013 - 04:16 AM

Ok how long does the deluge buff last sorry for my lack of skill info have not made the mage yet do to bug fix's yesterday

#10 Yooji

Yooji

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 243 posts
  • LocationNorth Korea

Posted 22 May 2013 - 06:43 AM

Ok how long does the deluge buff last sorry for my lack of skill info have not made the mage yet do to bug fix's yesterday

it lasts 10 secs

#11 ArcAngel23

ArcAngel23

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 22 May 2013 - 08:13 PM

10 Secs huh that means limited uses and knowing when to cast it earth seal can stay at level one. since i rather you wind arms more

#12 Trickplay

Trickplay

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 71 posts

Posted 22 May 2013 - 11:52 PM

Earth seal is pretty important if you plan to do any kind of healing, it makes even low-leveled skills put out some pretty good healing, especially when you crit.

#13 UchihaDave

UchihaDave

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 249 posts

Posted 23 May 2013 - 02:55 AM

Would it be a good idea to deduct 1 pt from cold bolt and add it to LoR to make it 4pt?

#14 Kiyoshiro

Kiyoshiro

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 99 posts
  • LocationYour Monitor O_o

Posted 23 May 2013 - 03:38 AM

Would it be a good idea to deduct 1 pt from cold bolt and add it to LoR to make it 4pt?

Yeah, that's absolutely fine. Even Lv 1 Cold Bolt shouldn't hurt your DPS that badly.

#15 UchihaDave

UchihaDave

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 249 posts

Posted 23 May 2013 - 07:46 AM

Yeah, that's absolutely fine. Even Lv 1 Cold Bolt shouldn't hurt your DPS that badly.

Just realized that i've already put 5 pts into cold bolt. Hope 3pt LoR and max earth seal is enough for raid?

#16 ArcAngel23

ArcAngel23

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 23 May 2013 - 01:59 PM

is max deluge / LoR good enough with only lvl 1 earth seal?

#17 Trickplay

Trickplay

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 71 posts

Posted 24 May 2013 - 08:20 AM

Not really, it won't heal as much as you would need it to.

#18 Aeynia

Aeynia

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 135 posts

Posted 24 May 2013 - 08:53 AM

is max deluge / LoR good enough with only lvl 1 earth seal?

You need maxed Earth Seal if you plan to heal. It doubles your healing out put and gives you a fantastic Heal Over Time on crit heals. It's absolutely critical (no pun intended).

Just realized that i've already put 5 pts into cold bolt. Hope 3pt LoR and max earth seal is enough for raid?

You really do want LoR maxed.
For reference, here's my build. It tries to maximize DPS while Wind Seal is up, while allowing emergency healing with Earth Seal up. I was able to keep our tank alive in many hard modes when our priest was killed in a crucial moment. I can also keep DPS topped off with LoR.
Keep in mind that you can always drop a couple hundred zeny into a skill reset scroll if you mess up too badly.

#19 rzevidz007

rzevidz007

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 234 posts

Posted 24 May 2013 - 10:39 PM

@OP: I can tell you this, you will not be able contribute anything without the maxed Earth Seal as a healer role. You better off DPSing and get complaints from your partymates.

#20 Broconut

Broconut

I am New.

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 26 May 2013 - 02:37 AM

i started a discussion with a Collision Member and he mentioned that lvl 1 Earth seal is fine, since you, as a sorc, are not the one who is supposed to dash out the healings as a Hybrid. Everything that is expected from you is and will be LoR and Deluge. The Singletarget heals will come from Priests, later on in raids you usually have more than one Sorc who is maybe a fullsup and your task will be the DMG.

#21 Aeynia

Aeynia

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 135 posts

Posted 26 May 2013 - 11:53 AM

i started a discussion with a Collision Member and he mentioned that lvl 1 Earth seal is fine, since you, as a sorc, are not the one who is supposed to dash out the healings as a Hybrid. Everything that is expected from you is and will be LoR and Deluge. The Singletarget heals will come from Priests, later on in raids you usually have more than one Sorc who is maybe a fullsup and your task will be the DMG.

Deluge and LoR are affected by Earth Seal, double healing from them is fantastic.
Not to mention that speccing full DPS as Sorc is very inefficient due to relying too much on procs.

Hybrid is really the only way to go right now.

#22 UchihaDave

UchihaDave

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 249 posts

Posted 26 May 2013 - 02:13 PM

I've just found out that in SEA server, they "nerv" sorcerer healing skills. For our warpportal server, is it the same? e.g: LoR only 11% at lvl 5.

If thats the case, don't you think sorcerer should be either full dps or full support? or probably Full dps + semi healing.?

Edited by UchihaDave, 26 May 2013 - 02:46 PM.

#23 Kiyoshiro

Kiyoshiro

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 99 posts
  • LocationYour Monitor O_o

Posted 26 May 2013 - 04:48 PM

I've just found out that in SEA server, they "nerv" sorcerer healing skills. For our warpportal server, is it the same? e.g: LoR only 11% at lvl 5.

If thats the case, don't you think sorcerer should be either full dps or full support? or probably Full dps + semi healing.?

Yes, the nerf from SEA is also here. However, it's still recommended to go Hybrid. All they really did was cut the heal amount in half which is compensated with maxed Seal of Earth.

#24 Aeynia

Aeynia

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 135 posts

Posted 27 May 2013 - 09:27 AM

Max Earth Seal will bring is back up to 22%.

That being said, there's really no merit to going full support or full DPS. They don't do enough on their own. Plus the versatility is amazing

#25 Broconut

Broconut

I am New.

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 27 May 2013 - 10:43 AM

I dont know if this is going to be a usefull build. Srsly if you are aiming for an endgame build which you use for Raids, Coldbolt lvl 1 is NOT an Option. Its your bread and butter. Thats like saying an Assassin could skip double attack. I would either go down on Earth Shield or Earth Seal, since you will always be partyed up with more than one Sorc, since it is the best all around class. If you are willing to pay Zeny for a reskill, you can just search for PvE and Endgame builds.</p>

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users