Raise level caps for expanded classes to 150 now. - Proposals and Suggestions - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
* * * * * 4 votes

Raise level caps for expanded classes to 150 now.

• Please log in to reply
40 replies to this topic

#1 Correy

Correy

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 460 posts
  • LocationMinnesota
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:iRO

Posted 21 May 2013 - 09:51 AM

Yeah we've heard rumors and whatnot about new gunner new soul linkers and new taekwons coming for years now...but let's face it it's a long way away and theres tons of people ready to start going past 99 on their expanded classes, mainly gunslinger. >__>;

I don't think it would be the worst thing in the world to raise their caps to 150. Would just be a jump start to the new classes. Not mention give people new things to level and encourage more activity. :D

Think it over GMs, this is a legit suggestion and I can only see it benefitting the game in both morale and activity and I know for a fact a toooon of players are just itching to play their gunslingers past 99 to compete with the big dogs in WoE, but it's kind of hard at 99.

When the new classes do come out we'd still have to level our job levels anyways. I don't see this doing any harm.

What do you say?~ <3

Edited by Correy, 21 May 2013 - 02:51 PM.

#2 BIuewind

BIuewind

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 222 posts
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:The Titanic

Posted 21 May 2013 - 04:21 PM

+1

This has been suggested in the past and if it were any other time, I probably would have disagreed but with the advent of the K/O's having been able to reach 150, and not making as big of a splash as we expected, it can be assumed that the other expanded classes who don't even have their advanced jobs yet will make even lesser disturbances to the WoE scene (I think this is what most people are concerned about). Allowing them to reach 150 would only give them stats and not skills.

The most notable thing this would do is to give the TK's a new lease in life having been broken by Renewal as well as give a new dimension to the PvM aspect not revolving around the 6 main classes.

#3 Correy

Correy

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 460 posts
  • LocationMinnesota

Posted 21 May 2013 - 04:25 PM

+1 to that Bluewind, my thoughts exactly. TK's and Slingers got absolutely destroyed by renewal and they're not even viable to play anymore. I don't think it would be doing anything gamebreaking to unlock their level ups to 150 right now as opposed to two years from now. Especially with Ninjas getting 150 I think it's acceptable.

#4 voiddisciple2

voiddisciple2

I am New.

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 21 May 2013 - 06:07 PM

i agree it would't be anything game breaking and would give people something to do

#5 Alaska

Alaska

Too Legit To Quit

• RO Fungineering
  • 4817 posts
  • LocationMontreal, Canada
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 21 May 2013 - 07:58 PM

I don't see why not, they aren't going to be able to do much more than they already can now with just some extra stat points, and hey if it encourages people to play these classes in WoE, good! Would be nice to see some actual variety, and we all know the other extended jobs aren't getting their following classes anytime soon.

#6 sb120495

sb120495

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2356 posts
  • Server:Renewal

Posted 21 May 2013 - 07:59 PM

Such a change would require kRO's approval which won't happen.Just wait for the slinger update to hit iRO.

#7 Correy

Correy

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 460 posts
  • LocationMinnesota

Posted 22 May 2013 - 04:47 AM

I don't think we would need kRO's approval, IIRC when Super Novice's job level cap was increased to 99 wasn't that on iRO or jRO first?

Let's get this pushed through guys~ ;D

#8 Minsyy

Minsyy

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 642 posts
  • LocationAnywhere U need me to be :D
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 22 May 2013 - 08:48 AM

its in the "niffleheim" section of this forum. means its either dead or buried before anyone even looked at this thread.

I do support it, I'd main a soul linker if that would happen ~_~

#9 Correy

Correy

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 460 posts
  • LocationMinnesota

Posted 22 May 2013 - 09:30 AM

That was from when K/O weren't even out yet, now that they are and we've seen the impact it's a different ballgame...all i'd say is we can make this happen if we get enough supporters.

#10 sb120495

sb120495

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2356 posts

Posted 22 May 2013 - 06:00 PM

That was from when K/O weren't even out yet, now that they are and we've seen the impact it's a different ballgame...all i'd say is we can make this happen if we get enough supporters.

lol

#11 Aizenath

Aizenath

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1021 posts
  • LocationCloser to hell than heaven...
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:notRO

Posted 23 May 2013 - 01:57 AM

I'm in, my gunslinger it's been on lvl 99 for too long!!!

#12 maayki30

maayki30

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 358 posts

Posted 23 May 2013 - 03:22 AM

+1 great bump

#13 Viri

Viri

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6295 posts

Posted 23 May 2013 - 03:54 AM

This is pretty much the only thing that could happen that could convince me to log in lol. Want 150 linkur plz

#14 KriticalAssassin

KriticalAssassin

They pay me to post.

• RO Fungineering
  • 9326 posts
  • LocationBehind you?
  • Server:Chaos- Renewal

Posted 23 May 2013 - 03:56 AM

How many TI parties would recruit 150 gunslingers and linkers? They don't really have skill sets for killing masses of high level monsters. Except someone may want a linker or something. *shrugs* I guess it would be a bit like 150 SN's. Yet SN could do ms.

#15 Viri

Viri

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6295 posts

Posted 23 May 2013 - 04:01 AM

uhm i could tank most high TI's on my linker now lol. pull with leap? it'd be as effective as backslide pulling(leap is unbreakable cast). Kahii in any TI would be ridiculously useful. Performer link would be incredibly valuable. Kaupe could be useful too.

#16 Alaska

Alaska

Too Legit To Quit

• RO Fungineering
  • 4817 posts
  • LocationMontreal, Canada
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 23 May 2013 - 04:14 AM

Just because they can't TI to 150 doesn't mean it shouldn't be an option. It won't be easy to get to 150 (or at least quick) but it would be a good challenge for those who want to take it, or else they can wait until their new classes.

#17 Viri

Viri

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6295 posts

Posted 23 May 2013 - 04:18 AM

Pretty sure if you marry a sorc you could spam through TIs with your eyes closed. Kahii in TIs would be so ridiculous. Gunslinger I don't know how the damage would scale on their skills. TKM would be interesting...

#18 Delicroix

Delicroix

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 434 posts

Posted 23 May 2013 - 06:01 AM

should make the extension class for gunslingers "terrorists" :ani_slur:

#19 Correy

Correy

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 460 posts
  • LocationMinnesota

Posted 23 May 2013 - 12:47 PM

This is pretty much the only thing that could happen that could convince me to log in lol. Want 150 linkur plz

Amen to this i'm having a HARD time convincing myself to play without the expandeds getting their levels boosted. ;x

How many TI parties would recruit 150 gunslingers and linkers? They don't really have skill sets for killing masses of high level monsters. Except someone may want a linker or something. *shrugs* I guess it would be a bit like 150 SN's. Yet SN could do ms.

Just cause you don't want an expanded class in your party doesn't mean no one else does. And FYI desperado and Whirlwind Kick, destroys mass mobs of monsters, so i'd check some facts sir.

Just because they can't TI to 150 doesn't mean it shouldn't be an option. It won't be easy to get to 150 (or at least quick) but it would be a good challenge for those who want to take it, or else they can wait until their new classes.

Amen.

#20 KriticalAssassin

KriticalAssassin

They pay me to post.

• RO Fungineering
  • 9326 posts
  • LocationBehind you?
  • Server:Chaos- Renewal

Posted 23 May 2013 - 01:08 PM

Just cause you don't want an expanded class in your party doesn't mean no one else does. And FYI desperado and Whirlwind Kick, destroys mass mobs of monsters, so i'd check some facts sir.

Those skills would needs to scale up with the monsters. Monster HP goes up you know.
Level 95 Roween has 7,385 HP
Level 136 Scaraba has 62,600 HP
That's a LOT more hp. It's more than just adding additional levels to a class. It includes adjusting skills in order for it to even matter for a class to go above the current level capacity. It also includes adding a way for the class to have it's HP scale up in order to compete with monsters of their level. At a higher level you are dealing with monsters that have nearly 10x more health and more defense as well as them doing more damage. How many expanded classes go leveling in thors volcano since renewal hit? Also there is the barrier that iRO really has little to no say in making level expansions to existing/previous/or new classes. And does it say anywhere that I wouldn't recruit them? I was merely stating that the chances of them getting parties is lower than most classes.

#21 Correy

Correy

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 460 posts
  • LocationMinnesota

Posted 23 May 2013 - 02:41 PM

No one here is asking them to scale skills and no one expects them to. We don't expect it to be easy to level to 150 with the current skillset. We just simply want to be ABLE to go to 150. And it would be a fun challenge not to mention make a LOT of people happy. We'll take our better skills when the classes actually come out.

That being said, this proposal is about changing nothing except the base level cap from 99 to 150.

Edited by Correy, 23 May 2013 - 02:44 PM.

#22 Viri

Viri

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6295 posts

Posted 24 May 2013 - 03:22 AM

Yup you'd have to get additional job levels later on or whatever if they ever add in a new job but at least it would let you play along side the other classes. As is with a 51 level difference ALL statuses have 100% full duration success on you because of the way statuses scale based on level.

#23 RYUSEISHOUKEN

RYUSEISHOUKEN

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 403 posts
  • LocationHouse of Summer Cherries
  • Server:Iris native

Posted 24 May 2013 - 04:55 AM

+1 to this! It's been to long since I touch Jr.! Correy Let's make a Gs Guild =D

#24 Correy

Correy

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 460 posts
  • LocationMinnesota

Posted 24 May 2013 - 03:21 PM

I might make one once I get my DL card. ;3

Anyways back on topic.

Yup you'd have to get additional job levels later on or whatever if they ever add in a new job but at least it would let you play along side the other classes. As is with a 51 level difference ALL statuses have 100% full duration success on you because of the way statuses scale based on level.

I KNOW RIGHT and have you noticed Disarm is useless against 150's because of the status scaling? 0% chance makes me cry. :( And yes i've tested it against strippable weapons...expandes are just so gimped right now...please consider this GM team. :x

#25 Facekiller

Facekiller

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 9782 posts
  • Server:CHAOS

Posted 24 May 2013 - 03:39 PM

it could be bad when Rebellion comes out tho... its alot easier to level you jobs when youre way ahead in base levels.... youd be maxing all your Rebellion job levels in like an hour... they would have to reset everybody back to 99 when their 2nd job came out just so people wouldnt rage quit over fairness

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users