Do you have trouble getting into dungeons as Beastmaster? - Archer - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

Do you have trouble getting into dungeons as Beastmaster?

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 Memitaru

Memitaru

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 70 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 21 May 2013 - 01:44 PM

I've been trying to run Izlude and Sea God and I'm really having trouble getting into parties. Everyone is asking for a tank and when I say I can tank they ignore me.

I built my beastmaster pretty tanky and maxed my healing moves. The times I've been able to tank have gone smoothly but I guess a lot of people just don't know about beastmasters?

If I'm lucky I get invited as DPS later and usually end up switching to tank bear being an off tank for adds because they keep killing the mages.

#2 Askepios

Askepios

I am New.

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 21 May 2013 - 05:50 PM

Beastmaster makes for a fine offtank mid game and metagame. The reason is most people choosing a swordsman class first, however BM holds highest HP at the end of the game.

#3 Memitaru

Memitaru

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 70 posts

Posted 21 May 2013 - 06:10 PM

After playing a bit more today and talking with my parties... I think the problem is that a lot of people don't know what beastmaster does. When I explain it they're all happy to let me tank/off tank. I just have to find my way into a party to explain it. x.x

#4 Leokimah

Leokimah

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 148 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 21 May 2013 - 06:43 PM

After playing a bit more today and talking with my parties... I think the problem is that a lot of people don't know what beastmaster does. When I explain it they're all happy to let me tank/off tank. I just have to find my way into a party to explain it. x.x

It's this. Though i didn't have a problem with parties in the early game for those dungeons. When i started doing RHD's people started freaking out on how much i could tank a boss solo without heals. There was a couple of times where my party wiped in the payon RHD because people didn't know moonlight had some AoE 10k+ damage thing. I was able to survive and keep the boss aggro multiple times due to tiger form and grizzly damage reduction. Beastmasters are severely underrated in my opinion.

Also it could have been the fact I was kinda geared with random purple 50's from normal mobs because of luck. I also am built as an off tank because I don't like how full tanks are built. They are incredibly versatile in both off tank and full tank.

#5 Askepios

Askepios

I am New.

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 21 May 2013 - 08:12 PM

Yeah just spam your AOE with your threat buff, or run around using pots if theres too many adds. Knight works as a great off tanker too.

#6 gtso

gtso

I am New.

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 25 May 2013 - 05:28 AM

If you can't find party, make one lol that's what I usually do

#7 Javyer

Javyer

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 75 posts
  • LocationSpain.
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 25 May 2013 - 05:40 AM

Yes, it is that. I didn't know anything about BM class until the first dugeon, and yes, they can tank if them build is orientated to tank :D

#8 Kitey

Kitey

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 36 posts

Posted 28 May 2013 - 12:31 AM

I have had no trouble getting parties but then again I usually have a fs priest in my party before I start looking for other people.. and I actually had all my skills from level 25 instead of trying to maximise damage like I saw you did in your build.. really wouldn't say you built your bm tanky instead of just stupid honestly no offense

You maxed fury strike and didn't get either of your stuns.. if you were gonna max anything you should have maxed brutal strike since it hits harder even if you have less chances to hit only the final hit in fury strike really does damage you also didn't get your dot which is essential from level 25 imo and didn't max survival lowering your healing capabilities... cruel bite has a bugged description and heals 10% of your max hp not 10% of the damage you deal, you only ever need 1 point in it anything more is a waste imo, your damage comes from your finishers and your dots otherwise you just focus on keeping your hp up since you're supposed to not die not kill stuff, bm's are not good dps classes they're average at best we are however awesome offtanks so we should build as such at least that's my opinion

#9 Belegnir

Belegnir

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 238 posts
  • LocationAlberta, Canada
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 29 May 2013 - 09:52 PM

The problem with BMs is that not many people know what we do. We can Main Tank, Off-Tank, and/or DPS. However, many don't realize this. The ability to do one of these three roles depends upon builds. You could go and be mainly tank, but you could go and be mainly DPS (the road less traveled). The best road is a sort of hybrid that gets you into a more Off-Tank position later, yet you still have tank and DPS abilities.

The Beastmaster is best in versatility, Tanking or Off-Tanking mainly, so when looking for parties, get into your Grizzly form and advertise as either "LFP DUNGEONNAME, Off Tank Beastmaster" or "LFP DUNGEONNAME, Tank Beastmaster" in your case. Since you're not a DPS Beastmaster, you got lucky, as many would rather look for Rogues or Sorcs for DPS, as they have some of the highest outputs in the game. DPS Beastmasters are sought less due to their damage mainly coming from finishers and DoT.

So, main tips for you;
  • Be in Grizzly Form (Max it out for best results.)
  • Advertise yourself as a Tank or Off Tank, as both roles are pretty similar.
  • Avoid advertising in Bear Form or advertising as DPS. (Rogues/Sorcs and even Sins will be favoured over you.)
  • Try chatting up other members first. Many people prefer this rather than plain invites.

My personal experiences are mediocre in difficulty. I'm a hybrid of all 3 roles, so I find it somewhat easier. People often cringe if I've been asked to DPS, but it seems that when they see what I do get in terms of damage, they do commend me on it. Some don't like the role of DPS on Beastmasters either way, but again, most people prefer BMs as Offs or Main Tanks, so I often find my position with finding parties more on the easy side of mediocre.

#10 Aperture

Aperture

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 48 posts

Posted 30 May 2013 - 01:36 PM

At the start, i did seem to have trouble. But lately, i just jump around in grizz-form and i get an invite pretty shortly after that. My high HP catches attention and then i get an invite. Luckily, most of the priests ive met know all about the goodness of BMs as tanks. So if they are PL they invite me pretty fast.

#11 Sera

Sera

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4831 posts
  • Locationthis evil world
  • Server:iRO Chaos

Posted 31 May 2013 - 08:47 AM

yeah, pure tank, i haven't had issues. knowing the dungeons/mechanics usually gets me parties much quicker than a knight that doesn't.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users