• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 narhak

narhak

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 77 posts

Posted 21 May 2013 - 06:01 PM

Im planing of do a warrior offtank build, with possibility of main tank, but Im not sure, What do you think of this build ?

http://ro2base.com/b...310543.22310543

thanks in advance.

Edited by narhak, 21 May 2013 - 06:02 PM.

#2 Chocs

Chocs

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 566 posts

Posted 21 May 2013 - 06:26 PM

Hm.... I personally would go for Endure more than Parrying. Endure seems to be more reliable in order to survive OHKOs from boss AoE/rage (give your healers some peace of mind, plus the long res CD if you did die-)... while you could tank adds fine without Parrying.

My opinion would be to take one point out of Aura Strike, and all the points from Parrying into Endure.

#3 narhak

narhak

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 77 posts

Posted 21 May 2013 - 06:59 PM

Thanks for answering I choose parrying, for two reasons first parryng has only 60 sec of cd, and endure has 2 min , and second with block rate at 70% and parriying skill at 4 you can reach the 100 % of parry.
but I'll think about it.

One question, 41 str, 31 agi, and 24 vit is a good choice?

thanks again.

#4 DELiTO

DELiTO

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 55 posts
  • LocationMontreal, Canada
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Odin

Posted 21 May 2013 - 07:39 PM

That's an interesting build. There is something bugging me about the Rage Strike skill. For example, in a 10 people raid:

1- Is the Rage Strike going to be really necessary in order to keep your threat on top of the list?
2 - Rage Strike consumes 50 Rage, 20 seconds CD, 80% damage at lv.3 and can hit up to 3 monsters . 3 Aura Strikes adds up to 72% damage, 90 Rage and no CD, Single target, resets Head Crush timer.

Now, I believe I can easily get my Rage to 90 again after using a triple Aura Strike before the RS's 20 seconds CD. Brandish Storm lv. 3 should do its job to keep the summons and whatnot out of the dps and healer's throat.

Finally, if I am not talking crap(and I might be), Rage Strike would be only useful for Coliseum due it's very high damage.

Edited by DELiTO, 21 May 2013 - 07:41 PM.

#5 narhak

narhak

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 77 posts

Posted 21 May 2013 - 07:52 PM

Im not sure about rage strike, maybe can take the points out of berserk, pommel atack, and rage strike, to max parrying and endure, but Im not sure.

Any can help with that question?, Is rage strike, necessary to gain agro?, or is only a pvp skill?

thanks.

Edited by narhak, 21 May 2013 - 07:54 PM.

#6 LuBuFengXian

LuBuFengXian

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 251 posts
  • LocationXia Pi
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 21 May 2013 - 08:03 PM

It is both, I am actually thinking to write a guide about this. I have tested this build for quite awhile and with this maintenance I can finally start work on it.

To give you an idea of how strong rage strike is with a well placed crit, I scored 5.4k crit with defender and aura armor with just a goblin leader sword, I am sure once I get my Colo Weapon I can probably score 7k or higher. It is, in my opinion, Warrior's own version of Asura Strike.

Edited by LuBuFengXian, 21 May 2013 - 08:08 PM.

#7 Chocs

Chocs

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 566 posts

Posted 21 May 2013 - 08:18 PM

RS is not necessary for aggro or raids... but it could come in handy out on the field or when you're helping low guildmates level. Since it's an AoE, you're technically capable of doing 270% damage for just 50 Rage. For single target engagements however... the advantage is marginal (if any).

As for choosing Endure over Parrying, the -passive- Parry rate should also reduce damage ON TOP of Endure's effect, so damage is reduced by 40% (Endure) then halved (Parry). After you hit the 70% cap it should be quite frequent. Simply getting 100% Parrying would net you only one of those effects. Not to mention Parry rates at lower gear levels still isn't high enough to consistently proc when you want it to.

The lower CD for Parrying is nice, but you should still be able to hold boss adds with Defender on. It's the Boss' dying breath that's dangerous-

Also... there is some talk that Parrying doesn't parry 100% at 100%; possibly the 70% cap defeats the skill's effects. I suggest waiting it out before putting more than 1 point in Parrying..

As for the stats.. sounds fine!

Edited by Chocs, 21 May 2013 - 08:25 PM.

#8 DELiTO

DELiTO

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 55 posts

Posted 21 May 2013 - 08:29 PM

I was checking a video on youtube "Ragnarok 2 legend of the second Raid Hard Warrior gameplay" he's using a DPS build with Rage Strike. Just look at his rage, he reaches max rage and he keeps bashing because there is nothing else he can do while the RS CD is up, I see that as a plain waste of DPS there...

Edited by DELiTO, 21 May 2013 - 08:29 PM.

#9 narhak

narhak

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 77 posts

Posted 21 May 2013 - 09:01 PM

Thanks for the aswering, Im thinking, in forgot about rage strike, I read that there is a glich (not tested) If the rage strike hit more than one target, the skill gets all the rage instead of the 50 of the descriptcion, and I read a lot and all the ppl says that skill is only useful in colo, and I dont like pvp, because of that, Im aiming of this build:

Parryng 4: to reach 100 % parry

endure 5: 40% less damage

berserk1: for when one is not tanking

and the rest the same as above

I think pommel is a pvp skill too.

thanks in advance, and sorry for my poor english :)

Edited by narhak, 21 May 2013 - 09:03 PM.

#10 DELiTO

DELiTO

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 55 posts

Posted 21 May 2013 - 09:16 PM

Thanks for the aswering, Im thinking, in forgot about rage strike, I read that there is a glich (not tested) If the rage strike hit more than one target, the skill gets all the rage instead of the 50 of the descriptcion, and I read a lot and all the ppl says that skill is only useful in colo, and I dont like pvp, because of that, Im aiming of this build:

Parryng 4: to reach 100 % parry

endure 5: 40% less damage

berserk1: for when one is not tanking

and the rest the same as above

I think pommel is a pvp skill too.

thanks in advance, and sorry for my poor english :)

I had this updated version of your build in my mind for a while. I am considering reseting my skills and going for it.

Edited by DELiTO, 21 May 2013 - 10:13 PM.

#11 Ghostar

Ghostar

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 22 posts
  • LocationChucklefish HQ Basement

Posted 22 May 2013 - 03:10 AM

Well in playing on my own I've found that with boss adds usually you can "Spin 2 win" a few times and follow up with a Rage Strike (if maxed) and that would usually be the end of the adds pretty quickly. (If you have a few AoEs to back it up.) But I've yet to do a raid so IDK about those environments. I know if you end up doing a lot of Soloing Rage Strike is really good to help you take down beefy baddies.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users