Bug Status Thread (Updated 5/22/13) - Bug Reporting - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

Bug Status Thread (Updated 5/22/13)

• Please log in to reply
64 replies to this topic

#1 Njoror

Njoror

Too Legit To Quit

• Retired
  • 1936 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 22 May 2013 - 11:41 AM

Here is the updated Bug/Issue Status Thread.
Submitted/Not Priority:
Posted Image
1.VIP Angeling Toggle
2.Resurrection Timer
3.Auction House
4.Map Icon for Mount Merchant

Submitted but No Answer Yet from HQ:
Posted Image
1.Large Bag Drops
2.Disappearing NPCs in quests
3.Town Scrolls
4.Chat Not Working – “Problems Connecting to Chatting Server”
5.Toggle for World Announcements. Example: Colosseum Champion
6.More Sound adjustments in Settings
7.Character Inspections
8.Anti-Aliasing
9.Cut scene subtitles
10.Targeting Collision System/Better Hit Boxes
11.Dyes Not Right Color
12.Damage Meter
13.More Colosseum Times

Working on Fix/In Progress:
Posted Image
1.Dungeon Finder Issue

a.Being dropped into dungeon group for wrong dungeon/Being disconnected when trying to enter or exit dungeon/Not being teleported to dungeon because group in combat.

2.Hackshield Error Causing Client to Close

a.We are talking with Hackshield to get this resolved.

3.Running Steam’s Ragnarok 2

a.We are actively seeking out and resolving Steam-related issues.

4.Colosseum Issues

a.Improvements to Colosseum are coming. 8 second Explorer potion has been removed.

5.Game Running at Low Framerates

a.Investigating player tickets on this. Adding to article (https://support.warp...enly-drops.aspx) when we find new solutions.

Fixed:
Posted Image
1.Drop Rate Issue
2.Scar of Despair Map Data Bug
3. Colosseum - Explorer Potions now cannot be used in Colosseum.
4.Raid Boss Encounter Exploit
5. SuperLarge Bags for Khara
12.World Clock

a.Where players were able to separate bosses from other minions by pulling them far away. Barriers have been constructed for Garden of Baphomet, Ghost Ship, and Sandstorm.

#2 Hypey

Hypey

I am New.

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 22 May 2013 - 12:47 PM

What about changing channels? is that part of the colo issues?

#3 Wrixne

Wrixne

I am New.

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 22 May 2013 - 12:59 PM

As of 5/22/2013, the voice callouts for certain skills are still absent (first became an issue after 5/14/2013 maint). Note: this is "not" decreased frequency, but complete absence.

Lost voiceovers that I know of:

Female Voice #3 on Priest is missing: Sanctuary, Magnus Exorcismus, Archangel
Female Voice #3 on Ranger is missing: Attention Concentrate
Female Voice #1 on Sorcerer missing: Jupitel Thunder, Varetyr Spear

#4 Njoror

Njoror

Too Legit To Quit

• Retired
  • 1936 posts

Posted 22 May 2013 - 01:37 PM

What about changing channels? is that part of the colo issues?

Can you elaborate? I will add this.

#5 Baddiez

Baddiez

Too Legit To Quit

• Members - No Report
  • 1636 posts
  • Server:Blade and Soul

Posted 22 May 2013 - 03:36 PM

Everytime I try to change channels if it is not immediately after logging in I will recieve the blank world and have to task manager end the game ( still doesn't work if i try to go to character select log-in then channel hop immediately) I must fully close the game and choose the channel i want when logging in in order to get to that channel QQ

He might mean that or it might be a diff problem.

EDIT: Also this didin't happen before the colo patch.

Edited by Baddiez, 22 May 2013 - 03:37 PM.

#6 Njoror

Njoror

Too Legit To Quit

• Retired
  • 1936 posts

Posted 22 May 2013 - 03:44 PM

Everytime I try to change channels if it is not immediately after logging in I will recieve the blank world and have to task manager end the game ( still doesn't work if i try to go to character select log-in then channel hop immediately) I must fully close the game and choose the channel i want when logging in in order to get to that channel QQ

That issue is one of our priorities right now.

What is happening is rare, but frustrating. When you select to enter the dungeon, you are leaving the "Game World" server and entering our "Dungeon" server. However, for those experiencing the world with no NPCs, PCs, or Porings, what happens is you are being dropped by the "Game World" but not picked up by the "Dungeon" server, effectively disconnecting you without actually closing the client.

As I said, Dungeon Finder is definitely on the top of the list as far as fixes since it does have a few things that need work.

#7 Blackthunder

Blackthunder

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 162 posts

Posted 22 May 2013 - 03:52 PM

Invisible NPCs still nothing? :|
Well i sum up all i experienced:
If i enter colo or an Dungeon, i can see the NPC (Screenshots in the old topic), but since i cant "stop" entering. No chance to get the NPC.

And the idea why it happened to me (Miss Lady), i was first in the labdungeon, and triggered the Eremes Cutscene, without having the quest.
If this is the case, the quest probaly just need to be reset in the database i guess? Because something set "You saw the cutscene= True" no need to display anymore the NPC.

I probaly didnt accept the quest before, because i was to lowlevel, and entered with Dungeon Bind from somewhere else when i was higher level.

Pls fix me q_q

#8 Baddiez

Baddiez

Too Legit To Quit

• Members - No Report
  • 1636 posts
  • Server:Blade and Soul

Posted 22 May 2013 - 03:54 PM

What is happening is rare, but frustrating. When you select to enter the dungeon, you are leaving the "Game World" server and entering our "Dungeon" server. However, for those experiencing the world with no NPCs, PCs, or Porings, what happens is you are being dropped by the "Game World" but not picked up by the "Dungeon" server, effectively disconnecting you without actually closing the client.

As I said, Dungeon Finder is definitely on the top of the list as far as fixes since it does have a few things that need work.

Alright Thanks a lot for the reply it is indeed very annoying to have to do that. I have very patient friends that don';t mind waiting for me to reconnect all the time while doing dungeons and whatnot. I did give up on trying to get goblin weapon though but that can wait haha.

Ps: sorry for the rage a few days ago if you saw it I was really mad QQ

#9 ROAdikMaster

ROAdikMaster

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 406 posts
  • LocationROAdikMaster™ Company Limited
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:R.O.A.M. HQ

Posted 22 May 2013 - 05:16 PM

Hey GM

When are you going to fix this type of bug?
The bug is in Khara mission where the items didn't register even you have the correct item in your inventory.

Posted Image

#10 Surrian

Surrian

I am New.

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 22 May 2013 - 06:01 PM

What about Khara quests not giving exp like they are supposed to.

#11 Golden7

Golden7

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 35 posts

Posted 22 May 2013 - 08:11 PM

What about the problem with the animation for Aura Strike for female swordsmen being hung up and taking twice as long as the animation for male swordsmen? :( All of the animations for the other skills are the same and work fine. This seriously affects the dps of the female version.

Please put this on your list and get Gravity to fix the problem.

Edited by Golden7, 22 May 2013 - 08:11 PM.

#12 toastyc12

toastyc12

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 75 posts
  • LocationN. Alabama
  • Server:Odin

Posted 22 May 2013 - 08:23 PM

it's relieving to know that the instance drop bug is being handled as a priority issue now. I've yet to skim down the rest of this thread, but just thought I'd add some points to this issue that may or may not help:
-I'm certain its a windows 8 issue based on player reports. No. amount of troubleshooting will provide a simple workaround. (I.e. compatibility mode, disabling services, updates, etc.)

- not all windows 8 computers are affected. I have a laptop that has no problem with dungeons. The problem persists on my desktop. I've yet to conclude if this is a hardware issue or a software issue, or a cruel mixture of both.

- This bug appeared with the 5/14 patch.

- the issue happens after being logged into the client after a given period of time. You have no issue entering an instance server if you had just logged on, but if you wait at least 10 minutes, you get dropped.

- this not only affects dungeons, nut also affects changing channels, Colosseum, and solo-instances required for quests- Upon the eternal client hang, you are forced to force close the game. Afterwards when you logon. you CANNOT access your friends list, and CANNOT access public chat. you get an error. that says "Connecting to messenger server"

-a second client restart fixes this chat issue. this leads me to believe the server is failing to connect you to said "messenger server" when it initially hands you back over to the game world.Hope this helps. I'll provide anything else that would help to solving this issue, if logs would help, or memory dumps, etc, if given the instructions on how to provide such info.

Edit: fixed up formatting. Phone didn't break lines properly.

Edited by toastyc12, 23 May 2013 - 09:14 AM.

#13 toastyc12

toastyc12

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 75 posts
  • LocationN. Alabama

Posted 22 May 2013 - 08:24 PM

What about Khara quests not giving exp like they are supposed to.

Khara's do not give exp if you are too high leveled.

#14 Terojo

Terojo

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 44 posts

Posted 23 May 2013 - 12:53 AM

This is not fixed and not listed, yet reported by many people:

http://forums.warppo...r/#entry1346847

#15 Ihm

Ihm

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 34 posts
  • Server:RO2 : Odin

Posted 23 May 2013 - 03:40 AM

Anything that involves channel changing is broken, from what I can personally tell its related to Windows 8. Be it entering a dungeon, colluseum, or litterally just channel switching. Upon causing the channel change to trigger, the game seems to drop connection. I've personally watched the internet usage on the game drop to nothing the second I click to change channel or enter an instance.

I hope this is a priority really for fixing because the games pretty unplayable for me right now :( I'm getting kicked out of dungeon and boss groups constantly because of it...

#16 ctophs

ctophs

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 23 May 2013 - 06:17 AM

How about the prontera/alberta scrolls? so it wont be available through NPC? tsk tsk...

#17 Hypey

Hypey

I am New.

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 23 May 2013 - 06:53 AM

Yup.

#18 Blackthunder

Blackthunder

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 162 posts

Posted 25 May 2013 - 07:38 AM

So no answers from ticket since 8days. Not a single word in the bug threads.
Pure ignorance.
Even giving screenshots and hints what could cause the bug. Nothing.
Not a single "We are in to it".
Really i thought ro1europe support was the worst :|

Edit:
Haha 4 minutes after this post, my ticket got an answer.
Atleast now i have a lil hope :)

Edited by Blackthunder, 25 May 2013 - 08:21 AM.

#19 ROAdikMaster

ROAdikMaster

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 406 posts
  • LocationROAdikMaster™ Company Limited
  • Server:R.O.A.M. HQ

Posted 26 May 2013 - 12:31 PM

well my ticket hasn't been answered for over 2 weeks about the khara bug

My ticket no. [070-19222FBF-014B]

Contents: khara mission bug.

Edited by ROAdikMaster, 26 May 2013 - 12:34 PM.

#20 Coulrophobia

Coulrophobia

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 112 posts

Posted 27 May 2013 - 02:01 AM

Seriously, how is the most prominent bug that literally effects every single player not even on the list? That scares me.

Originally they said "Testing if this is actually a bug or just a poor default behavior" and I haven't heard anything since then.

This can't be a "poor default behavior" because, as Artisans and Chefs know, you can gather materials from EVERY corpse of certain mobs no matter if they drop actual loot or not. When this bug happens, and ONLY when this bug happens, you cannot gather materials at all. So what may be less obvious to other professions becomes blatantly obvious when you play one of the above professions.

Please, just let us know you've at least asked about it? The total absence from this list is alarming.

#21 3112130503173544560

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 21 posts
  • LocationSantiago
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online 2
  • Server:ORION

Posted 27 May 2013 - 09:31 AM

ADMIN's Fix this fast...please... is like playing a crappy game with this annoying BUG... happen in both machines (Desktop and Notebook) with Windows 8 x64

#22 Atlessa

Atlessa

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 81 posts

Posted 27 May 2013 - 10:11 AM

ADMIN's Fix this fast...please...

The admins can't do anything about this. They're not the ones working on the debugging, they're only here to relay the bug reports to Gravity.

#23 rokagui54

rokagui54

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 50 posts

Posted 27 May 2013 - 12:54 PM

I also have this problem,this is such annoying,and in this post she said to be like 1/6 or 1/4 of the monsters,for me some times is 1/2 or 1/1.

Edited by rokagui54, 27 May 2013 - 12:57 PM.

#24 IItzNate

IItzNate

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 54 posts

Posted 28 May 2013 - 02:21 PM

ADMIN's Fix this fast...please... is like playing a crappy game with this annoying BUG... happen in both machines (Desktop and Notebook) with Windows 8 x64

Really this needs to be fixed, hell if its not fixed by maint tomorrow I give up. Im sure many have already quit

Cant even play the game at 50 properly.

My normal RHD group:

1. Build group.
2. Have to relog because it took 40minutes to find a healer as there is only 1 effective heal class.
3. Get kicked if I lose leader upon rebooting the client, if not enjoy my rhd.
3b. Get kicked and or lose loot if I die after a boss kill because I have to relog to re-enter the dungeon

4. thisisgettingold.jpg

Edited by IItzNate, 28 May 2013 - 02:23 PM.

#25 Justacio

Justacio

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 28 May 2013 - 09:07 PM

Hey GM

When are you going to fix this type of bug?
The bug is in Khara mission where the items didn't register even you have the correct item in your inventory.

Posted Image

Base on the screenshot you've given, you have the incorrect Broken Bomb. Notice the description saying that it is a "useless item". Make sure you purchase/pick up the correct one, it has a different description. I guess the item does need either a change in name or icon so as not to confuse players with it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users