Bug Status Thread (Updated 5/22/13) - Page 2 - Bug Reporting - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

Bug Status Thread (Updated 5/22/13)

• Please log in to reply
64 replies to this topic

#26 sephiroso

sephiroso

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 946 posts

Posted 29 May 2013 - 09:03 AM

Another bug that needs to be added recognized as a bug by you guys so something can be done to fix it is your loot tables are -_- up. They're not random. You can influence what drops depending on your party composition. Where in i mean say for instance you have Knight, Ranger, Sorc, Rogue, Priest. On average, say doing 100 dungeons or so, 40-60% of the loot drops will be solely for Monk/BM. Every other class will consistently just not drop and it'll only drop Monk/BM gear. But if you switch party composition up to include Knight, Priest, BM, Sorc, Ranger. You'll see a DEFINITIVE drop in BM gear and the loot will be alot more balanced towards dropping more evenly(though Monk will still drop a bit more frequent than other because you do not have a Monk in the party).

This bug ONLY happens with the tank classes (minus Warrior, i only see this happening with Monk/BM, i don't see it with Knight because i AM a Knight but others that tank with Monk or BM claim Knight drops alot too).

I wrote a detailed post in this very sub forum titled "Loot tables in dungeons" It's got the HOT tag on it, pretty much everyone that actually does RHDs in the game know its a legit issue and are greatly frustrated by it. Nothing is more frustrating than doing all bosses in Sandarman RHD only to see nothing but Monk/BM drop and maybe if you're lucky 2 drops that aren't Monk/BM. Again i said ON AVERAGE. Yes there will be cases that it will appear this is not true, but on average you will see it skewed depending on what your party set up is. It is entirely dependent on your party composition. Which is definitely not what a loot table should be like. Loot tables should be random and equal across the board(unless you have something like epics and then legendaries also like in WoW).

#27 Madatsubomi

Madatsubomi

I am New.

• Members
  • 8 posts
  • LocationSouthern California
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Odin

Posted 29 May 2013 - 06:22 PM

Now, I'm rather surprised no one has made a mention of this, almost certain it probably was, but it didn't show up on the forum search function.

Some potions, such as Quality and I imagine others brewed via alchemy seem to have the inappropriate image of lower level crafted potions.

Is that supposed to be that way or just an inappropriate graphical reference to said item?

#28 Criptuz

Criptuz

I am New.

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 29 May 2013 - 09:50 PM

I do not know if here is the right place for me to post this, I will try . Sorry mistakes in English, I do not speak much English. The problem I'm having is in the installation. Quando a barra esta quase toda cheia aparece essa mensagem abaixo. if possible help me.

An error occurred while applying security settings. Users is not a valid user or group. This could be a problem with package, or a problem connecting to a domain controller on the network. Check your network connection and click "Retry", or "Cancel" to end the install.

Thanks for attencion!

#29 Arukad0

Arukad0

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 28 posts
  • LocationFrance
  • Server:fRO1 Chaos - iRO2 Odin

Posted 30 May 2013 - 06:40 AM

Please fix the Warrior's Rage Controlling Skill Description.
"Level 2/2 - Learn to control your Rage by no longer obtaining Aura but instead Rage of 5 to 20. This effect can accrue up to a max. 50 100 Rage"
Because I really thought the second level was useless... :pif:

#30 sephiroso

sephiroso

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 946 posts

Posted 30 May 2013 - 07:07 AM

Please fix the Warrior's Rage Controlling Skill Description.
"Level 2/2 - Learn to control your Rage by no longer obtaining Aura but instead Rage of 5 to 20. This effect can accrue up to a max. 50 100 Rage"
Because I really thought the second level was useless... :pif:

i dont get what you mean, its not a bug. You can accrue your rage up to a max of 100 for lvl 2, lvl 1 = 50.

#31 Arukad0

Arukad0

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 28 posts
  • LocationFrance
  • Server:fRO1 Chaos - iRO2 Odin

Posted 31 May 2013 - 07:22 AM

I mean "fixing the description". OKAY it's not really a bug, but a correction is needed (I guess).

#32 Sanzei

Sanzei

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 31 May 2013 - 09:23 PM

Alright here's a couple of things that needs to get looked into:

PvE Arena - The Einherjars
Assassin Boss - Doing hits from 25-30k, which is not tankable by anyone, even if you had full colo gear you would still get one-shot, it's not kitable as well because he either does the jump or he teleports to you. This makes the encounter unbeatable if you actually try to do it legit as we are, if you are not willing to waste real money to buy spinels from the kafra shop. Note: This is in normal difficulty, I can only imagine hard mode even worse.
Wizard/Sorcerer Boss - Frost Nova is global, not that big of a deal but one of the things that make kiting even less possible, and if it isn't intended then its obviously something to look into.
Ranger Boss - Anklesnare(?) - Not sure if it actually is a trap placed by this boss or if its any other boss that does this but the effect icon is the same as anklesnare so thats my guess, the trap is invisible though(if it is a trap) and when you spring it, it is also global(everyone gets affected).
Priest Boss - Randomly bugs out not doing anything for half of the encounter and then randomly tping to a person attacking him.

Ranger skills:
Arrow Vulcan & Fear Breeze - This is actually a major problem. It's completely messed up, either it's all of the information that is incorrect, or just the coding that is completely wrong.
Arrow Vulcan is noted as an instant cast, while it has a cast animation of 2 seconds, which is fine, but that cast animation affects the entirety of the spell, if you have less than 2 seconds of Fear Breeze remaining when you cast Arrow Vulcan, it will fire off the arrows but it will not do any damage. Now this is a huge mistake by the developers, since it's considered to be instant cast it should register immediately as you press the button and not after the cast animation is finished. Either change the description to a 2 second cast or change it so it actually works like it should.

Edited by Sanzei, 31 May 2013 - 09:24 PM.

#33 BerLeo

BerLeo

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 117 posts

Posted 31 May 2013 - 09:43 PM

Not to be snarky, but if the res timer's not a priority, then the large bag "bug" probably isn't either. Nice to know they're fine with copying SEA's scam-like business model... makes me wonder how long these 'non-priorties' will take to get fixed. Maybe I should come back in a couple years.

#34 Sanzei

Sanzei

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 01 June 2013 - 01:12 AM

RHD Bug- Sometimes when you finish the dungeon and ur about to leave the group the entire thing gets stuck, you're forced to shut the program down with the task manager and then you can't login, nothing shows up on ur character screen. Takes a while for this to get back to normal afterwards

#35 OxBLaurens

OxBLaurens

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 46 posts

Posted 01 June 2013 - 02:31 AM

The dungeon finder is incredibly frustrating. I look for RHD and get put with people mostly below level 50. Hence I quit and then can't requeue for another 30 min ..
Being level 50 in this game really isn't that great atm !

#36 sephiroso

sephiroso

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 946 posts

Posted 01 June 2013 - 12:32 PM

Not to be snarky, but if the res timer's not a priority, then the large bag "bug" probably isn't either. Nice to know they're fine with copying SEA's scam-like business model... makes me wonder how long these 'non-priorties' will take to get fixed. Maybe I should come back in a couple years.

it really isn't a priority. i'd rather they leave those in game and 100% focus on fixing RHD bull-_- and player collision than put large bags in game or change a khara.

#37 Puppet

Puppet

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 831 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 01 June 2013 - 01:45 PM

Loot Droping gear in dugeons is complete BS 20+ runs nothing for my class, yet classes not even in party have gear drop like hot cakes.

Grouping system is broke, Sorta does not work, Random HM dungeon is broke.

#38 BerLeo

BerLeo

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 117 posts

Posted 01 June 2013 - 02:03 PM

Loot Droping gear in dugeons is complete BS 20+ runs nothing for my class, yet classes not even in party have gear drop like hot cakes.

Grouping system is broke, Sorta does not work, Random HM dungeon is broke.

QFT.
And they CAN get it right, since the random blues (fierce resonance/arrogant dimensional) and leader's stuff only seems to be dropping for classes in my party.. as a party of sin/priest, except once when I got some crap for ranger.
But yeah, overworld bosses like virus, vador, illusion of moonlight seem to be heavily biased towards dropping stuff for classes that aren't in your party. Dungeon bosses too.

it really isn't a priority. i'd rather they leave those in game and 100% focus on fixing RHD bull-_- and player collision than put large bags in game or change a khara.

My negative reaction isn't because they're focusing on fixing other bugs, but because fixing the res timers is like a whole 1-3 strings in the code. And I'm sure making something drop again is just as simple as removing the pandora boxes/mallets from the drops, which they've already done.
It should take like 5 minutes to fix all the negativity generated by these two bugs... but, not a priority. :$

Edited by BerLeo, 01 June 2013 - 02:10 PM.

#39 sephiroso

sephiroso

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 946 posts

Posted 01 June 2013 - 06:48 PM

QFT.
And they CAN get it right, since the random blues (fierce resonance/arrogant dimensional) and leader's stuff only seems to be dropping for classes in my party.. as a party of sin/priest, except once when I got some crap for ranger.
But yeah, overworld bosses like virus, vador, illusion of moonlight seem to be heavily biased towards dropping stuff for classes that aren't in your party. Dungeon bosses too.

My negative reaction isn't because they're focusing on fixing other bugs, but because fixing the res timers is like a whole 1-3 strings in the code. And I'm sure making something drop again is just as simple as removing the pandora boxes/mallets from the drops, which they've already done.
It should take like 5 minutes to fix all the negativity generated by these two bugs... but, not a priority. :$

look what you and everyone else bitching about the res timers need to understand is res is not the same as a regular old priest res. These are BATTLE RES'S. It would be completely broken to make BATTLE RES cd to what people want them to be. The only way for them to fix things is to 1. leave things as they are which is just fine or 2. remove the ability to res in combat and then shorten the cooldown to pretty much 0 cooldown.

Any game with a BATTLE RES is going to have a long-ish cooldown on them. WoW had 30 minute cooldown on b'res for the longest time. They might or might not have them down to 10minutes now but thats cause they catered to the carebears if so.

In this game, the res spell for every class that can get it is a battle res, its to be used on a MT/OT or healer for super emergencies so you can still win the encounter, it is not meant to res your dead after a boss fight. Thats what ygg leafs are for.

Edited by sephiroso, 01 June 2013 - 06:50 PM.

#40 wasdh

wasdh

I am New.

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 01 June 2013 - 06:49 PM

RHD bugs = low level in 'HARD Mode' party

#41 Sakki

Sakki

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 02 June 2013 - 08:08 PM

look what you and everyone else bitching about the res timers need to understand is res is not the same as a regular old priest res.

What you don't seem to understand is that we are stuck on the god awful SEA RO2 greedy scheme and not the KRO more sensible values.

#42 sephiroso

sephiroso

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 946 posts

Posted 02 June 2013 - 08:20 PM

What you don't seem to understand is that we are stuck on the god awful SEA RO2 greedy scheme and not the KRO more sensible values.

the-_- does that have to do with res timers. cause either way i explained it perfectly why they are long and should STAY long cooldowns.

#43 BerLeo

BerLeo

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 117 posts

Posted 03 June 2013 - 02:47 AM

to paste SEA's response:

Dear,
Although RO2 SEA and KRO2 may be holding the same IP, the developers emphasized RO2 SEA to be different from KRO2. They also acknowledge SEA players to be on a higher skill level and thus decided to raise the bar of gameplay difficulty. The relation of that to the resurrection skill is that having a long duration cooldown will encourage players to play in dungeons and raids with extreme caution, planning & teamwork which is what is expected of skilled SEA players over KRO2.
Again I remind you that RO2 SEA is NOT similar to KRO2. We hope that clarifies your doubts.
Please contact us if you have any further inquiries.

RO2 Admin Team

So, not to be racist, but they expect SEA players and now WP Players to be better at the Korean MMO than the Koreans. I doubt linking to the relevant thread is allowed since it's on SEA's site, or I would. It's not too difficult, the point is they DID needlessly raise to to sell spinels, which are on SEA too.
Players of kRO mentioned that even with the 3m cooldown it still wasn't enough to save teams doing raids. they'd still be selling plenty of their kafra revive items to people wanting to finish raids. But they didn't fix it there, and they probably won't fix it here. As of right now it is a COMPLETELY USELESS SKILL. I cannot stress enough that I have literally no use for it, as I don't want to take focus off a boss if my comrade dies. Literally the only time I use it is to finish that silly khara mission.
30 minutes? I might still be in the dungeon in 30 minutes, but I doubt it, and I'm certainly not sinking 2 more skill points into the skill to get a slightly less cruddy cooldown.
Why are you defending their money-grubbing, anyway? I mean at least they don't have "thief pots" yet, but until they fix the res CD and/or the large bags, I wouldn't be surprised.

#44 shinonyoshida

shinonyoshida

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 14 posts
  • Server:RO II: Odin

Posted 03 June 2013 - 09:29 AM

That channel switching bug is super annoying. Makes the game almost unplayable. It also has nothing to do with AMD; I have an Intel Core i3.

Edited by shinonyoshida, 03 June 2013 - 05:45 PM.

#45 Baddiez

Baddiez

Too Legit To Quit

• Members - No Report
  • 1636 posts
  • Server:Blade and Soul

Posted 04 June 2013 - 03:52 PM

That channel switching bug is super annoying. Makes the game almost unplayable. It also has nothing to do with AMD; I have an Intel Core i3.

Indeed I would love to see this -_- fixed...

#46 Xerain

Xerain

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 214 posts

Posted 05 June 2013 - 12:36 AM

Something to keep in mind about the negativity over SEA RO's res timer is that the problem was not the res timer in and of itself... it was the res timer combined with the bosses having their stats jacked up to pretty much one shot everyone. The timers aren't going to be put to what they are in kRO, because I'm sure kRo sorely regrets making them so short.

However before they can be properly balanced, they need to get the difficulties of the bosses where they want them first. Many of the monsters have been changed in iRO2 to be more reasonable than in SEA RO2, though still harder than kRO, which everyone says was too easy. However I'm hearing the final PVE bosses are still perhaps a bit too hard. I think we as players should be more concerned with that issue.

Anyhow, it's a much larger issue than 5 lines of code. They'll be looked at as heroes the moment they shorten the res timers. However once they've shortened them if they decided they were made too short and need to lengthen them a bit players might end up more angry over the whole thing than they are now.

#47 2616130505210842213

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 39 posts

Posted 05 June 2013 - 06:57 AM

I'm I the only one noticing a discrepancy between what we are being told in this thread what is a priority and what the list at the beginning of the thread states as priority? Either up date the list or stop blowing smoke up are rears. Not being able to switch channels, enter/leave dungeons, or enter/leave colloseum is a huge game breaking bug, yet is not listed as priority over things such as what we just got the Union Quests. (Which I'm assuming are gonna be overlapped by the aforementioned bug due to Ungoliant already being shown as a goal and he resides in a dungeon). WTF?! Also stating something as "rare" that occurs every time I play shows little understanding or concern for the issue. Meanwhile I'm losing buckets of blood points as well as frustrating to no end anyone I try to group with and dungeon as they need to wait 5 minutes for each entrance and exit every time. At lvl 50 there is nothing to do while this bug exist.

#48 Wrixne

Wrixne

I am New.

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 05 June 2013 - 11:12 AM

As of the lastest build 6-03-2013, the voices on various skills continue to be absent.

Also, my ticket from 5/19/2013 regarding this matter has yet to be answered.

Edited by Wrixne, 05 June 2013 - 11:13 AM.

#49 Funen1

Funen1

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 202 posts
  • LocationUSA
  • Server:Odin

Posted 06 June 2013 - 08:44 PM

While this isn't in the OP's list, and not in the latest maintenance notes from what I can see, I figure it's worth mentioning: I think the "disappearing loot glitch" might be gone.

Over the past two days I powered through almost all of the quests in Maple Forest and Divided Plains on my Knight (who had previously been experiencing the glitch just like everyone else), including all of the "overworld" hunting Kharas. I didn't experience the glitch a single time over those two days. My first thought (and probably yours too) as I was partway through Maple Forest was "oh I'm just getting lucky", but that's why I went through two full regions, to really put the theory through its paces. I haven't added them up yet, but between the normal quests and Kharas in both maps, I'm estimating that's somewhere on the scale of thousands of monsters killed, and still no sign of the glitch whatsoever. Considering the rate the glitch came up before, I think that quantity of monsters eliminates luck as a possible factor.

I have no idea if anyone else noticed this too, judging from the recent lack of topics or other talk about this issue. A message either way from the staff would be the most definitive of course, but I want to know if others are still seeing the glitch. Because if it is still popping up, then something must have gone right on my end.

#50 BerLeo

BerLeo

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 117 posts

Posted 07 June 2013 - 02:50 AM

New bug, as of latest patch, map seems to randomly close by itself. Someone else mentioned it only happens when you talk to NPCs.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users