• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Tadferd

Tadferd

I am New.

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 25 May 2013 - 12:02 PM

It takes a long time to do unimpressive damage. At least Aura Strike has some burst to it, although is seems to take twice as long to execute as bash. Is it even worth points into Shield Cannon as a Knight?

Also is there any word about acquiring PvP points outside of coliseum? I've had no luck getting last hits on Knight. Sorcerer is far easier.

#2 Chocs

Chocs

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 566 posts

Posted 25 May 2013 - 12:21 PM

Some people would argue it's better... There's a thread about it but I'm too lazy to dig it up. I do agree with your sentiment though; even if it's marginally better I'd still ignore it and spend 6 skill points elsewhere.

I believe you can gain BP during WoE that is yet to implemented, but so far no other means besides Colo that I'm aware of.

At least Aura Strike has some burst to it, although is seems to take twice as long to execute as bash.

Are you playing as a female swordie, by any chance?

Edited by Chocs, 25 May 2013 - 12:21 PM.

#3 Tadferd

Tadferd

I am New.

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 25 May 2013 - 12:43 PM

Are you playing as a female swordie, by any chance?

I am yes. I assume by your reply female Aura Strike takes longer?

#4 Chocs

Chocs

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 566 posts

Posted 25 May 2013 - 12:54 PM

Yeah, there's some sort of animation error with the female Aura Strike (and errors with some other female classes apparently). If you level a male swordsman to 3 and try out Aura Strike on him, you'll see the difference.

Here's a thread discussing the issue: http://forums.warppo...njoror-save-me/

It had been like this since Colosseum was implemented, if I recall correctly.

#5 sephiroso

sephiroso

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 946 posts

Posted 25 May 2013 - 02:13 PM

shield cannon does way more dmg than aura strike. by far. i dont see how anyone can say shield bash isn't better. the only times it doesnt is when you miss 2 of the 3 hits. but get 2 of the hits to crit...or even better all 3? balances itself out and in the end shield cannon (when maxed of course) does way more than aura strike

as for you not having luck with ur knight, dont know how, i always get to last round and more often than not win on my knight, and i'm built for tank, so not even a dps knight or lvled up shield boomerang/shield charge/shield bash past 1. dont know how ur having so many issues.

Edited by sephiroso, 25 May 2013 - 02:14 PM.

#6 ShinJidaiNoKami

ShinJidaiNoKami

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 256 posts
  • LocationPhantasmagoria
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Odin

Posted 26 May 2013 - 02:07 AM

All ultimate abilities of all classes have an attack animation.its not a dps loss.Since the extra time needed for it it less than 0.5sec.Also why would talking about it as dps?.If you planning to go dps knight just lmao.

#7 sephiroso

sephiroso

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 946 posts

Posted 26 May 2013 - 01:19 PM

All ultimate abilities of all classes have an attack animation.its not a dps loss.Since the extra time needed for it it less than 0.5sec.Also why would talking about it as dps?.If you planning to go dps knight just lmao.

he's talking from a pvp perspective

#8 ShinJidaiNoKami

ShinJidaiNoKami

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 256 posts
  • LocationPhantasmagoria
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Odin

Posted 28 May 2013 - 02:01 AM

About pvp perspective it depends.If you time it right you can still get kill.However if enemy players hp is going really fast down you might be better off w8ing for an Aura Strike.It all depends on the situation.

#9 Jargous

Jargous

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 319 posts

Posted 28 May 2013 - 03:45 AM

Over time, procced Aura Strikes would do better. However, if you're looking for instant damage, that is only found with Shield Cannon. If you get the enrage buff in colo, a lv 5 shield cannon can easily take out 6k life.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users