6 replies to this topic

#1 MutekiElements

MutekiElements

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 49 posts

Posted 26 May 2013 - 11:35 AM

Topic says it all.
And if I shouldn't, what exactly is the role where warrior excels at?
seems like a tricky class. One very easy to build and play wrong,

#2 sephiroso

sephiroso

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 946 posts

Posted 26 May 2013 - 01:20 PM

warriors are the masters at off tanking, they can also be one of the best MTs(arguably THE best) once they got their build finished and some decent gear to get their hp up.

#3 SuperGlue

SuperGlue

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 302 posts
  • LocationOceania (servers are sooo far away)
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 26 May 2013 - 03:07 PM

Just whack everyone with your sword. You'll be fine.

#4 LuBuFengXian

LuBuFengXian

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 251 posts
  • LocationXia Pi

Posted 26 May 2013 - 03:47 PM

WAAARRRGGGGHH I HIT SO HARD I MIGHT AS WELL BE DPSING

#5 ShinJidaiNoKami

ShinJidaiNoKami

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 256 posts
  • LocationPhantasmagoria
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Odin

Posted 26 May 2013 - 05:22 PM

Just go tank.

#6 Kitsilver

Kitsilver

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 26 May 2013 - 10:20 PM

I see a ton of DPS warriors running around, and sometimes raid leaders will ask for "DPS warriors". But you can still do DPS and get aura armor. No matter what, get that. The 20% increase hp and 5% less damage is far more useful than 10% increase damage. The difference can be pretty stark, like 4000ish hp for a warrior with aura blade at lvl 50 vs 5000ish hp for a warrior with aura armor. If you really want to do DPS only and dont plan on tanking ever, then you dont need to get defender and can invest those points in berserk, battle tactics, and rage strike.

Just know that as DPSers we are behind sins/rogues/rangers, and as tanks we are behind monks/knights until end game. But we are decent tankers and decent dpsers. Our strengths, in my opinion, are our sturdiness, our strong aoe, and our strong threat potential. Brandish storm does 30% or so damage at lvl 3, Grand cross does 20% plus. More attack means more threat (though you can get that with pots too). 20% attack from berserk and our giant sword combined with aura armor also make us generate a lot of threat. I really have to watch my threat meter to make sure it stays below the MT during boss fights because I can out threat them.

So basically: Go DPS or Tank build! Whatever suits you, just make sure to get aura armor instead of aura blade. You will be generating a lot of threat, so you either have to get good at switching to aura blade to reduce threat during boss fights and/or get sturdy and take few survival skills like parry and endure to help you survive.

#7 Rebirth

Rebirth

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 151 posts

Posted 26 May 2013 - 11:43 PM

It's whatever you'd like to do. Given 3rd class expansion, we may get more high dps skills. Who knows?
On a side note I love seeing 4k crits on rage strike (not fully geared)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users