• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

#1 pandaranger

pandaranger

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 292 posts

Posted 21 October 2010 - 06:33 PM

so i made a gunslinger and i am going shotgun and i found a build i liked and it calls for the skill dust but the skill seems gone? am i crazy or is it gone? also the build calls for full buster but again i dont see that skill. did they mean full blast probably? it wierd cause the build is from strategy wiki.

Edited by pandaranger, 21 October 2010 - 06:35 PM.

#2 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

My Offline Life is Nonexistent.

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Sakray->Iris->Ymir->Chaos

Posted 21 October 2010 - 06:36 PM

I'm thinking Dust is renamed to something else in iRO because my gunslinger's skill tree had never shown any skill called Dust.

#3 pandaranger

pandaranger

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 292 posts

Posted 21 October 2010 - 06:40 PM

I'm thinking Dust is renamed to something else in iRO because my gunslinger's skill tree had never shown any skill called Dust.

remember what it is renamed?

#4 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts

Posted 21 October 2010 - 06:43 PM

I'm going to need more information because I can't read Korean characters and Dust is most likely the original name before it was renamed for iRO.

Do you know what skill you need it for? I can look at the requirements and narrow it down from there.

#5 Sera

Sera

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4831 posts
  • Locationthis evil world
  • Server:iRO Chaos

Posted 21 October 2010 - 06:43 PM

Don't use Strategy Wiki for any sort of gaming resource for any game unless there is no other option.

www.irowiki.org

Look in the forums there.

Look at the icon for whatever skill they were calling "Dust" and match it up here:
http://web.hc.keio.a...skill3/gun.html

#6 pandaranger

pandaranger

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 292 posts

Posted 21 October 2010 - 06:57 PM

Don't use Strategy Wiki for any sort of gaming resource for any game unless there is no other option.

www.irowiki.org

Look in the forums there.

Look at the icon for whatever skill they were calling "Dust" and match it up here:
http://web.hc.keio.a...skill3/gun.html

i think they changed it to crowd control. and full buster is full blast. i dont see builds on irowiki.

#7 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts

Posted 21 October 2010 - 06:59 PM

i think they changed it to crowd control. and full buster is full blast. i dont see builds on irowiki.

That's because stats have been changed dramatically in Renewal so there aren't any sure-fire character builds for the time being.

#8 Sera

Sera

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4831 posts

Posted 21 October 2010 - 07:07 PM

I would go with an agi pistol build with Desperado personally, but I haven't played a renewal slinger yet.

#9 pandaranger

pandaranger

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 292 posts

Posted 21 October 2010 - 07:16 PM

I would go with an agi pistol build with Desperado personally, but I haven't played a renewal slinger yet.

i am going shotgun

#10 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts

Posted 21 October 2010 - 07:26 PM

i am going shotgun

Don't mind Sera.

Anyways, I'm currently rolling a shotgun-slinger myself, but I haven't tested out how my current build works in Renewal. I'm using an archer-ish sort of build on it.

#11 pandaranger

pandaranger

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 292 posts

Posted 21 October 2010 - 07:36 PM

Don't mind Sera.

Anyways, I'm currently rolling a shotgun-slinger myself, but I haven't tested out how my current build works in Renewal. I'm using an archer-ish sort of build on it.

wanna party? the build tells me to get flip coin 5 first but i dont see why. do i remake or just keep going?

#12 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts

Posted 21 October 2010 - 07:50 PM

wanna party? the build tells me to get flip coin 5 first but i dont see why. do i remake or just keep going?

Unless you're on Ymir, I can't really help you out with partying.

Skills-wise, I maxed out Single Action first because gunslingers have crap hit rates. A lot of useful skills requires coins so maxing out Coin Flip is essential. For shotgun-slingers, Crowd Control, Full Blast, and Spread Shot are the basics you need with Tracking and Wounding Shot. Bull's Eye requires you to max out your Coin Flip so that's another good reason to get level 5 Coin Flip.

If you've already started using your job points for Coin Flip, it's okay. You can just use your next job points for the other skills I've mentioned. It's up to you if you want to remake, because it's not bad to put some points into Coin Flip, but you won't really benefit from it early on.

#13 pandaranger

pandaranger

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 292 posts

Posted 21 October 2010 - 07:59 PM

Unless you're on Ymir, I can't really help you out with partying.

Skills-wise, I maxed out Single Action first because gunslingers have crap hit rates. A lot of useful skills requires coins so maxing out Coin Flip is essential. For shotgun-slingers, Crowd Control, Full Blast, and Spread Shot are the basics you need with Tracking and Wounding Shot. Bull's Eye requires you to max out your Coin Flip so that's another good reason to get level 5 Coin Flip.

If you've already started using your job points for Coin Flip, it's okay. You can just use your next job points for the other skills I've mentioned. It's up to you if you want to remake, because it's not bad to put some points into Coin Flip, but you won't really benefit from it early on.

ahh valk here. well i got coin flip 5 and single action 5. now thought of getting crowd control(dust)5 then full blast. now do i snake eyes early on or wait? i heard snake eyes 5 is fine but the build calls for 10. ur thoughts? i was thinking shotgun/gernade launcher.

#14 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts

Posted 21 October 2010 - 08:14 PM

ahh valk here. well i got coin flip 5 and single action 5. now thought of getting crowd control(dust)5 then full blast. now do i snake eyes early on or wait? i heard snake eyes 5 is fine but the build calls for 10. ur thoughts? i was thinking shotgun/gernade launcher.

Snake Eyes is only for pistol users so if you're doing shotgun, you won't get the added accuracy if you use a shotgun. It's only use for a shotgunner is to fulfill the requirement for Increase Accuracy, which enhances your most important stats for 1 minute. I personally don't find Increase Accuracy all that useful so I haven't added any points into Snake Eyes.

There's only one skill that can be used for grenade launcher and that's Gunslinger's Mine. Bullet spheres are really expensive to get and will really weigh you down in addition to your bullets. Might be useful in a WoE setting, but pretty much impractical for PVP and PVM. Really depends on what you're aiming to do with your shotgunner.

#15 pandaranger

pandaranger

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 292 posts

Posted 21 October 2010 - 08:19 PM

Snake Eyes is only for pistol users so if you're doing shotgun, you won't get the added accuracy if you use a shotgun. It's only use for a shotgunner is to fulfill the requirement for Increase Accuracy, which enhances your most important stats for 1 minute. I personally don't find Increase Accuracy all that useful so I haven't added any points into Snake Eyes.

There's only one skill that can be used for grenade launcher and that's Gunslinger's Mine. Bullet spheres are really expensive to get and will really weigh you down in addition to your bullets. Might be useful in a WoE setting, but pretty much impractical for PVP and PVM. Really depends on what you're aiming to do with your shotgunner.

wow i just noticed it was for pistol user and yeah ground drift is not worth it. so here is the build.
Flip The Coin Lv5
Single Action Lv5
Dust Lv10
Full Buster Lv 10
Spread Attack Lv10. now i have extra points. where to throw them? also right now i have a wolverine black rose cause someone gave it to me and i am gonna try for +4 - +6 cause i dont wanna break it(gotta find a whitesmith lol.

Edited by pandaranger, 21 October 2010 - 08:22 PM.

#16 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts

Posted 21 October 2010 - 08:25 PM

wow i just noticed it was for pistol user and yeah ground drift is not worth it. so here is the build.
Flip The Coin Lv5
Single Action Lv5
Dust Lv10
Full Buster Lv 10
Spread Attack Lv10. now i have extra points. where to throw them? also right now i have a wolverine black rose cause someone gave it to me and i am gonna try for +4 - +6 cause i dont wanna break it(gotta find a whitesmith lol.

You can either do coin skills or go for Wounding Shot, which requires Tracking lv. 5.

#17 pandaranger

pandaranger

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 292 posts

Posted 21 October 2010 - 08:34 PM

You can either do coin skills or go for Wounding Shot, which requires Tracking lv. 5.

hmmm which do u suggest? also i have single action at 5 should i bump it to 10? sorry don't have much knowledge of slingers. and i do have a bard so i know u pour ur points into dex. now some people say to then focus on agi and some say put some in int. what do u think? wounding shot is only for rifle or handgun btw.

Edited by pandaranger, 21 October 2010 - 09:05 PM.

#18 darkagentx

darkagentx

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 82 posts

Posted 21 October 2010 - 09:10 PM

Spread attack now works with grenade launchers I hear (going to try it later, when I've made some ammo), so shotgunners could make use of that. Also crowd control can't be interrupted anymore, so now it's useful FINALLY

#19 pandaranger

pandaranger

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 292 posts

Posted 21 October 2010 - 09:17 PM

Spread attack now works with grenade launchers I hear (going to try it later, when I've made some ammo), so shotgunners could make use of that. Also crowd control can't be interrupted anymore, so now it's useful FINALLY

wowo nice and would be awesome if thats true about spread shot.

#20 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts

Posted 21 October 2010 - 10:56 PM

hmmm which do u suggest? also i have single action at 5 should i bump it to 10? sorry don't have much knowledge of slingers. and i do have a bard so i know u pour ur points into dex. now some people say to then focus on agi and some say put some in int. what do u think? wounding shot is only for rifle or handgun btw.

Oh yeah, Wounding Shot is a rifle/pistol skill. My bad. Disregard my previous post about it then.

In that case, yeah, I personally would recommend maxing out Single Action for the improved hit rate. Then you could spend the rest of your points maxing out the shotgun skills.

#21 Sera

Sera

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4831 posts

Posted 21 October 2010 - 11:00 PM

I actually played a gunslinger on Ygg btw. It scales extraordinarily poorly compared to the other classes and is a bit pricey, but what I mentioned with the pistol skills does work. Trigger Happy Shot is really sexy. It actually gives Full Blast a run for its money, just because it is much more economical and deals reasonable damage.

Edited by Sera, 21 October 2010 - 11:00 PM.

#22 KuroNeko

KuroNeko

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 180 posts
  • Locationon the Serinity
  • Server:Classic >_<

Posted 22 October 2010 - 12:34 AM

I actually played a gunslinger on Ygg btw. It scales extraordinarily poorly compared to the other classes and is a bit pricey, but what I mentioned with the pistol skills does work. Trigger Happy Shot is really sexy. It actually gives Full Blast a run for its money, just because it is much more economical and deals reasonable damage.

dont forget that Desperado is one of the best mob skills in the game XD (well was rather who knows how it stacks up in renewal) but for gunslingers Desperado was always a win in any situation involved with mobs imho ^-^

#23 darkagentx

darkagentx

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 82 posts

Posted 22 October 2010 - 01:46 AM

I've been using a GateKeeper-DD, so it's high attack and my high dex means I get rather a lot out of even low levels of full blast, on the right monsters. I'd been using 3 and 7 to smack grand pecos and sleepers, respectively until I got over level 80. Now that it's been mentioned though, I have trigger happy shot and desperado, but since renewal I haven't put them to the personal test. I wasn't going to expect much from THS, as the lower atk of pistols while still having a high SP cost meant in the past it was hard to deal efficient one-shots of certain monsters. Of course, the trade off is being able to chain the skill easily even with no agility and being equipped to also use desperado if things get hairy. Of course, I've been using CCS and normal splash attacks now that both shotgun aspd and said skill have been improved dramatically. It's still a slow weapon, but dammit it feels like you can actually use it now. I wonder what the difference is in base aspd now....

#24 Sera

Sera

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4831 posts

Posted 22 October 2010 - 01:48 AM

I actually found the killing power of pistols had increased, because since monster HP has been lowered by enough in the gunslinger damage ranges, a nice Wasteland's Outlaw will have you OHKOing pretty much anything, as well as having nice auto-attacking capabilities.

I mean, I'm not saying it's *the* way to go, but some of the comments made concerning my post made it seem like it just doesn't work, when it does.

#25 pandaranger

pandaranger

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 292 posts

Posted 22 October 2010 - 07:04 AM

I think guns do more damage in general. I just started my gunner and was killing spores and was doing 69 - 89 after renewal I was doing 140 - 150. Using a rifle till 35 when I can use my carded black rose. Trying to find A whitesmith to upgrade it. Can't find a gatekeeper DD

Edited by pandaranger, 22 October 2010 - 07:45 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users