Can't use Enter to start a new paragraph on forums? - WarpPortal Technical - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

Can't use Enter to start a new paragraph on forums?

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 Godriconian

Godriconian

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 188 posts

Posted 27 May 2013 - 05:22 PM

Okay so is there something I need to enable/disable or download for my enter key to let me start a new paragraph on the warp portal forums? My Enter key starts new paragraphs on Microsoft, notepad, other sites and everything except on this site. Not sure if this is suppose to go in bugs or technical support but anyway haha....

#2 Santaru

Santaru

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 38 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Odin

Posted 27 May 2013 - 05:26 PM

I can use enter just fine for making new paragraphs

This paragraph was made with enter. I neither enabled or disabled anything.

Tech support is probably where this goes, but meh.

Edited by Santaru, 27 May 2013 - 05:27 PM.

#3 GuardianTK

GuardianTK

They pay me to post.

• RO Fungineering
  • 9388 posts
  • LocationIn a certain mansion
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:Chaos Renewal + Odin

Posted 27 May 2013 - 05:27 PM

It's probably your web browser? Possibly?

#4 Godriconian

Godriconian

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 188 posts

Posted 27 May 2013 - 06:19 PM

naw its not my browser or my computer as I can do it just fine on EVERYTHING else. This site just does not let me do it and I don't know why. I tried it on Chrome, firefox, IE8 it does not work on any of them. Also my laptop has the same issue the enter key just does not work for me lol.

#5 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

My Offline Life is Nonexistent.

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts
  • Server:Sakray->Iris->Ymir->Chaos

Posted 27 May 2013 - 06:42 PM

I tried it on Chrome, firefox, IE8 it does not work on any of them. Also my laptop has the same issue the enter key just does not work for me lol.

Are your browsers up to date? The current version of IE is IE9.

#6 Godriconian

Godriconian

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 188 posts

Posted 27 May 2013 - 07:17 PM

well considering it doesn't work on 3/4 of my browsers on both of my computers I HIGHLY doubt that that's the problem lol. Thanks anyway ^_^

#7 GuardianTK

GuardianTK

They pay me to post.

• RO Fungineering
  • 9388 posts
  • LocationIn a certain mansion
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:Chaos Renewal + Odin

Posted 27 May 2013 - 07:26 PM

That is weird though, because I don't see anyone else having this kind of problem. Not in my entire history of visiting these forums anyways. Try sending in a support ticket or something? The CM's here for iRO2 are pretty new, so I don't think they'd know all there is to know about how the WP forum works.

#8 Nicholas1482

Nicholas1482

I am New.

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 27 May 2013 - 08:34 PM

I usually use shift + enter it works on things like facebook where as pressing enter in the chat there sends the message.

#9 Mikril

Mikril

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 125 posts
  • Server:Classic

Posted 27 May 2013 - 09:46 PM

It sounds like the post link is being selected somehow - I think you'd need to hit tab then enter, to do that though. Well, tab enter acts the way you described (in both fast reply and the other), don't know if that helps any but it's probably related.

Edited by Mikril, 27 May 2013 - 09:47 PM.

#10 Bestie

Bestie

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 937 posts
  • LocationFlorida
  • Server:Renewal

Posted 28 May 2013 - 09:49 AM

I'm not the only one !???!!!?? ive been trying to figure this out for weeks !! Everything else out there on either of my browsers work fine ~ but for a while now I cant hit Enter to go to the next line in this forum any more o.0 we must have hit some option change somewhere and we don't know about it and its something stupid once we figure it out :< Now I don't feel so dumb asking bout it lol

#11 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

My Offline Life is Nonexistent.

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts
  • Server:Sakray->Iris->Ymir->Chaos

Posted 18 June 2013 - 11:48 AM

Welp, Microsoft forced me to update to IE10 and now my Enter key doesn't make paragraphs anymore.

However, it does work if I switch to HTML mode when writing posts (the little light switch on the top left corner of the post box). Maybe you guys should try going into HTML mode when posting.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users