#1 Nereida

Nereida

Too Legit To Quit

• Members - No Sig
  • 1107 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online 2

Posted 29 May 2013 - 12:46 PM

Just how do you even stay alive?
When I turned my first swordie into a knight, nothing much changed: I played exactly the same just now I had a cool shield and armor design stopped sucking. Fighting in the same style, taking as long to defeat a monster and enduring the same amount of monsters as a swordie before I need to rest.

I thought with warrior would be the same (maybe less endurance, but faster at killing). However, a single monster two levels above my own will down 50% of my HP. Even using tension relax 3 I can't manage more than three mobs before needing to rest.
My routine is building up rage with "bowling" bash, bash and head crush and releasing aura strike when I reach 30. For the second monster, the first time I rise to 50 and use tension relax (which never heals me over the max). What am I doing wrong?

#2 Mistori

Mistori

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 29 May 2013 - 03:56 PM

It sounds like your rage controlling is only level 1.
Rage Controlling should be level 2 to hit 100% rage.

Tension relax level 3, when used with max Rage should recover 60% of your hp.

My question is, why are you fighting monsters two levels above yourself. As long as you are doing all the quests, doing all the khara's, and buying monster busters where it makes sense, this situation where monsters are higher level than you shouldn't happen.

Edited by Mistori, 29 May 2013 - 04:06 PM.

#3 Nereida

Nereida

Too Legit To Quit

• Members - No Sig
  • 1107 posts

Posted 29 May 2013 - 04:45 PM

Well, I'm recovering about 60% of the HP. Although I didn't know rage control is that important, since the description only mentions increasing the max you can get per hit by 3.

About the monsters, I skipped all the dungeon quests and I decided back in Izlude that I would never cross words with that monster buster scammer ever again.

#4 Br0d1e

Br0d1e

I am New.

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 29 May 2013 - 04:51 PM

Sometimes I will buy mulitple copies of the monster buster scrolls due to having to kill the same monster for a khara and quest. Its easy xp and I find myself over leveled for a lot of content (which makes it way easier since you're crit is naturally higher on monsters lower level than you.)

Are you running with Aura Armor? Its a godsend and even if you want to be a dps you should still max it. I highly suggest a hybrid OT build.

#5 Varunax

Varunax

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 386 posts
  • LocationNetherworld
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 29 May 2013 - 09:08 PM

Yeah.. you don't really want to fight monsters higher level than yourself. Even if you're Lv.40 and trying to attack a Lv.43 monster, you'll miss a lot and take quite a bit of damage.

#6 sephiroso

sephiroso

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 946 posts

Posted 29 May 2013 - 09:09 PM

Yeah.. you don't really want to fight monsters higher level than yourself. Even if you're Lv.40 and trying to attack a Lv.43 monster, you'll miss a lot and take quite a bit of damage.

QFT Do Khara quests that give combat exp as you level so you don't fall behind in level areas. Also good practice to do 1 of each monster buster as you level up. Make sure you don't skip dungeon quests, They give lots of exp. Join a guild with helpful people, Many have 50s that can run you through the dungeons easily.

#7 kingarthur6687

kingarthur6687

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1877 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:iRO Chaos Renewal

Posted 29 May 2013 - 09:12 PM

The rotation I use is Head Crush -> Bowling Bash -> Bash spam -> Aura Strike x3 after hitting 90~100 rage -> repeat from Bowling Bash if up or Bash spam.

Assuming I'm not fighting something completely over my level, I can keep on fighting nigh infinitely by popping max rage Tension Relax everytime I get to around 50% HP.

#8 Chocs

Chocs

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 566 posts

Posted 29 May 2013 - 09:23 PM

You can save your monster buster scrolls for another use by putting them out of your inventory (mailing or storage) after accepting the quest. Just as long as you don't have it on your character when you complete the mission.

#9 Nereida

Nereida

Too Legit To Quit

• Members - No Sig
  • 1107 posts

Posted 30 May 2013 - 01:11 AM

Sometimes I will buy mulitple copies of the monster buster scrolls due to having to kill the same monster for a khara and quest. Its easy xp and I find myself over leveled for a lot of content (which makes it way easier since you're crit is naturally higher on monsters lower level than you.)

Are you running with Aura Armor? Its a godsend and even if you want to be a dps you should still max it. I highly suggest a hybrid OT build.

The thing is that I didn't have so many problems with higher level monsters with my knight. I didn't consider doing busters with khara though. Might be useful in the future.

As for aura armor, I didn't think my builg thorugh, so for now it's stuck at level 2, though I did notice the difference when facing toad king.

Assuming I'm not fighting something completely over my level, I can keep on fighting nigh infinitely by popping max rage Tension Relax everytime I get to around 50% HP.

Does HoT increase with 100 rage? At 50, when I added all the ticks it was already about 60% of my HP.

Make sure you don't skip dungeon quests, They give lots of exp.

I skipped them because with the founder title thing I didn't have the luxury of looking for a party. I'm 30 already so I'll come back to them when I finish with another one.

You can save your monster buster scrolls for another use by putting them out of your inventory (mailing or storage) after accepting the quest. Just as long as you don't have it on your character when you complete the mission.

Oh, didn't know about this exploit. Might be useful.

#10 sephiroso

sephiroso

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 946 posts

Posted 30 May 2013 - 04:58 AM

the time it takes you to run back to town after finishing monster buster, get it out of storage, then run back to kill zone is completely not worth the time and effort doing that every 11-14 kills.

#11 Chocs

Chocs

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 566 posts

Posted 30 May 2013 - 07:51 AM

Who said to repeat them every single time? I accept the missions again whenever it's convenient. Otherwise I send them to my next highest level character so they won't spend more money for a pathetic amount of EXP.

#12 Nereida

Nereida

Too Legit To Quit

• Members - No Sig
  • 1107 posts

Posted 30 May 2013 - 08:50 AM

the time it takes you to run back to town after finishing monster buster, get it out of storage, then run back to kill zone is completely not worth the time and effort doing that every 11-14 kills.

Or you can use a bwing and cut the time in half.
In the time it takes me to kill two or three monsters I'm back to the place.

#13 sephiroso

sephiroso

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 946 posts

Posted 30 May 2013 - 09:27 AM

Or you can use a bwing and cut the time in half.
In the time it takes me to kill two or three monsters I'm back to the place.

the process he described is, you pick up monster buster, accept the quest, bank it, go out and finish it, go back to town, take it out accept it, bank it, go out and kill. etc

while yes bwing cuts the time it half, the time it takes to go from town to where you need to go kill monsters for monster buster isn't worth it. since monster busters generally give you like 1300 for lets say izlude hill area. the time it takes you to go from izlude town to out where the rockers are, you probably could have simply killed enough rockers that would have given you more exp in the time it took you to bwing get to storage, take out, accept, put in, and make your way back to the area. That's my point.

#14 LuBuFengXian

LuBuFengXian

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 251 posts
  • LocationXia Pi
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 30 May 2013 - 10:13 AM

I didn't even bother with monster buster, waste of money.

That money you can probably spend on getting an adventurer EXP scroll.

Even without those toys, by the time I got to road of blessed I am like 49 or so and can just RAPE A FEW GOBLINS IN THE ASS AND GET TO 50 SO I CAN GO SUPER SAIYAN BATTLE TACTICS

#15 sephiroso

sephiroso

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 946 posts

Posted 30 May 2013 - 10:24 AM

I didn't even bother with monster buster, waste of money.

That money you can probably spend on getting an adventurer EXP scroll.

Even without those toys, by the time I got to road of blessed I am like 49 or so and can just RAPE A FEW GOBLINS IN THE ASS AND GET TO 50 SO I CAN GO SUPER SAIYAN BATTLE TACTICS

someone throw some money at this guy so we can have him on tv, he's hilarious.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users