LadyDeath1919

I am New.

• Members
  • 5 posts
  • Locationsan antonio, texas
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:chaos

Posted 30 May 2013 - 08:11 PM

Hey there, this is my first time making a wizard. From what I've read on other posts I didn't allocate the points right when I was making her but i'm hoping I don't have to reset her. Right now my stats are: Int: 99 Dex: 39 at Lvl 73 Job 28. My stats will eventually be Int: 120 Vit: 99 Dex: 85 Str and Agi : 1 . I'm a little unsure of what my skills should look like. I'm gonna be playing PvM maybe once in a blue moon go MvPing if possible. I've mainly been lvling by SGing in Magma. Here's a link to what i'm thinking my finished wizard skill tree is gonna look like. http://irowiki.org/~...IXnndndn1cKGKgK Does it look like an ok leveling build? I have absolutely no idea how a high wizard or warlock build should look like. I'm gonna be leveling on turn ins and I assume AoE spells are gonna be the way to go but I am unsure. Any advice on skills, stats, and gear would be very appreciated. Posted Image

#2 Nero89

Nero89

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 833 posts
  • LocationMalaysia
  • Server:Chaos Renewal

Posted 31 May 2013 - 02:41 AM

First of all, thanks for having interest in choosing a mage class.

From what I can see, one of the nicest sets for your Wiz (but not for HWiz later on) is to have 3 elements maxed (SG, LoV, MS). Also, you have one of the Wiz's essentials, Jupitel Thunder maxed. This will greatly help you in leveling in any map that has monsters that weak to these elements. This will help you with the monster information, http://db.irowiki.org/db/monster-info/

Wizard:
(1) For a wizard, hwiz, and warlock, Frost Nova is the pinnacle in your surviving and mobbing skills, since it cost less sp, spammable, and freeze monsters much longer that frost diver while also didn't do damage to frozen monsters, hence the choosing of Frost Diver is quite not good since Frost Nova is again, much useful and you will use it much frequent later on.
(2) Now that you opted out Safety Wall, the only way to survive in the higher leveling is through partying since SW is the reason why Wiz/Hwiz can solo very efficiently (2nd place, since vertical FireWall is the greatest skill a mage could have to survive solo if you master it.). If you still want to solo, you can learn to vertical Firewall-ing through this, /watch?v=4X7AVG2JO68 (sorry, I can't paste full youtube address here)
(3) I would also recommend you to hotkey SG1, SG5, and SG10 (quick SG cast, medium damage and cast time, high damage SG) into your hotkey. This way, it will help you to learn where to time your SG cast so that you could fully harness your SG benefits to the party. Since MS is also quite similar to SG (its cast time is also long), this can be applied to it too. Since parties are more interested in SG, you can rotate to MS if you see fit. LoV? Hotkey LoV10 only. Its only beneficial if its unleashed at level 10 due to faster cast times, and more damage it deals (seriously, don't try to break any frozen monsters with LoV<10, or else you would give hard time to them)

Moving onto Hwiz, Warlock
Suggested build skills: HWiz -> Warlock
http://irowiki.org/~...OdqcBfxaxakcAak
(1) I forgo about the other fire tree after getting Fire Bolt 8 due to low damage output and slower leveling with those skills considering looking at your equips.
(2) Jupitel Thunder 8 or less is okay, since at this class, your SG is much highly appreciated due to higher damage output is possible from the help of Mystical Amplification skills. Soul Drain is essential, this will be your core SP banker for the Warlock life later on.
(3) As a mage, having SW is a must. This is no brainer, unless you know how to survive without it (which would need much support from better equips and other items). Increase SP recovery is again, very useful even on Warlock later on.
(4) As always, follow the hotkey above for SG hotkeying. When you change to Warlock later on, learn the skill Release and buy an SG book, and use the release skill to release SG. This will do alot of wonders to you in early Warlock time (Level 100 - 110)

As a wizard, there's no need to reset or worry anything. Just level up to 99 and then transcend. Then, you can have the option to choose whatever builds that might suit you when you going to hwiz and warlock. Oh, and don't forget. Energy Coat all the time. Its your 1st line of survival skills. Make it your nature, ok.

For MVPing stuff and warlock build, do bump this thread when you reached Warlock later on. The suggested build is based on PVM and some MVPing later on, so its up to you to follow it or not.

Happy leveling!

PS: Oh, I didn't touch on the equips. BTW, these equips will do suffice even until early warlock later on

Edited by Nero89, 31 May 2013 - 02:43 AM.

#3 Kieri

Kieri

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2995 posts
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:Nothing.

Posted 31 May 2013 - 03:35 AM

No need for 120 int add the points needed from 115-120int into luk you will get more matk

#4 LadyDeath1919

LadyDeath1919

I am New.

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 01 June 2013 - 06:59 PM

Thanks for the help guys. And I know this will sound like a total noob question but I've never partied in a TI as a wizzy so I don't know how best to help my group. As a lvl 86 wizzy with JT-10 , LoV-3 , MS-10, and SG-10 so far what is going be the best way to help out the party? I'm doing the Headless Mule and Dark Priest hunting TI currently.

Edited by LadyDeath1919, 01 June 2013 - 07:45 PM.

#5 Kieri

Kieri

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2995 posts
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:Nothing.

Posted 01 June 2013 - 07:11 PM

Its probably best for you to storm gust level 1 to freeze the incoming mobs unless another wizard is already doing that in that case switch to either Storm Gust level 10 to go for the kill on the mobs. You could also Meteor Storm 10 them if another wizard is storm gusting, while the monsters there currently are mainly Fire( Headless Mules, Mace Kobolds). Meteor Storm wouldn't do much but as they're being frozen by the other Wizard you do decent damage still to them. I hope this kinda helped <3 Pm me if you need more information or help in general =D

#6 LadyDeath1919

LadyDeath1919

I am New.

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 01 June 2013 - 07:44 PM

Yes that helped a lot thanks lol, so if I'm the only wizzy do I SG 1 then SG 10? That's how I was lvling with a friend in magma on classic server.

I'm working on putting together some gears for my soon to be HW, this is a list of suggested gears from another post. I have a couple questions on some of the suggestions.

Weapon: +8 Survivor's rod (dex) + Fabre Card ---------(Is there a better card for my weapon or for that matter is there a better weapon?)

Shield: +7 Orlean's sever + Flame Skull Card-------(I still need to buy the card but thought I would ask if this card was a good one or is there a better option for a main shield)

Accessory 1: Orlean's Glove + Creamy Card
Accessory 2: Sprint Ring
Accessory 1 on switch: Clip + Phen Card
Accessory 2 on switch: Clip + Vitata Card
Footgear: +4 Sprint Shoes + Gold Acidus Card
Garment: +9 Survivor's Manteau
Armor: +7 Sprint Mail + Pupa/Peco Peco Cards OR Frus Card OR Pest/Rybio/Sasquatch Cards----(not sure what to put in my armor)

Head Gear up/middle: +9 Crown Of Deceit + Kathryne Keyron Card------(is there a different option for the card that wont break the bank lol)

Head gear down: Well Chewed Pencil

Any suggestions and help would be appreciated xD

Edited by LadyDeath1919, 02 June 2013 - 04:12 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users