What attack power is good for a knight tank? - Swordman - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

What attack power is good for a knight tank?

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Jonss

Jonss

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 144 posts

Posted 31 May 2013 - 02:01 PM

Reading that thread in main section about DPS or somethign and apparently DPS people steal aggro from tanks a lot

I never really have an issue with DPS stealing my aggro from bosses or anything for the most part. The only time it has ever happened was when a boss kept summoning bombs and I'd switch to kill and the archer never once took her sights off that boss so she got close to taking my aggro

anyways just wondering how it should be for endgame stuff

atm with mostly non 50 cloths/acc and goblin weapons

1436 attack power
85 int with battle manual
13.09% crit

#2 LuBuFengXian

LuBuFengXian

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 251 posts
  • LocationXia Pi
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 31 May 2013 - 05:04 PM

BRO YOU ALREADY HAVE BATTLE TACTICS GET MORE INT AND AGI INSTEAD SO YOU CAN RAPE BOSSES IN THE ASS AND MAKE THEM CRAP LOOTS

I GARENTEE YOU IT WORKS, MY FRIEND SHOU HAS 300 INT APPARENTLY AND HE KICKS RAID BOSSES INTO WELLS EASILY

MADNESS

#3 sephiroso

sephiroso

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 946 posts

Posted 31 May 2013 - 05:49 PM

Reading that thread in main section about DPS or somethign and apparently DPS people steal aggro from tanks a lot

I never really have an issue with DPS stealing my aggro from bosses or anything for the most part. The only time it has ever happened was when a boss kept summoning bombs and I'd switch to kill and the archer never once took her sights off that boss so she got close to taking my aggro

anyways just wondering how it should be for endgame stuff

atm with mostly non 50 cloths/acc and goblin weapons

1436 attack power
85 int with battle manual
13.09% crit

first off, any tank that can't keep aggro from dps is a bad tank. like you i've never had any issue with dps stealing my aggro. dps have gotten -close- when i'm target swapping to keep other stuff on me and they ignore the strat and stay on 1 thing, but even then, that wouldn't be because i was having trouble, they're just an idiot dps.

also, don't worry about your "attack power". only thing you need to worry about is your hp for raids. there is no set 'attack power' for so and so raid, there is a number of hp to reach for raids however.

#4 Jonss

Jonss

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 144 posts

Posted 31 May 2013 - 07:10 PM

thanks

I have 6k without blessing ATM but still dont have my 50 hat and pants

Not sure if I should keep going with VIT runes or go AGI and INT

id assume keep stacking hp because im a tank class

Edited by Jonss, 31 May 2013 - 07:10 PM.

#5 LuBuFengXian

LuBuFengXian

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 251 posts
  • LocationXia Pi

Posted 31 May 2013 - 10:41 PM

6k without blessing without 50 stuff? Not bad not bad.

But as for Damage vs Vit, It really depends on your group and the overall difficulty you are having in your raid. For me, I have some nasty DPS in my group that even with my full attention I am starting to have trouble keeping hate away from them (curse their +8 colo weapons) so I just build damage and rely on my MANLINESS TO TANK. You can also build tanky and then just use different potions & food for the different fights you will handle.

Personally though, I would recommend you to get better gears before using runes, unless of course you feel rich enough to burn them now. See if you can't get some good blue cards first.

#6 Jonss

Jonss

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 144 posts

Posted 01 June 2013 - 03:22 AM

6k without blessing without 50 stuff? Not bad not bad.

But as for Damage vs Vit, It really depends on your group and the overall difficulty you are having in your raid. For me, I have some nasty DPS in my group that even with my full attention I am starting to have trouble keeping hate away from them (curse their +8 colo weapons) so I just build damage and rely on my MANLINESS TO TANK. You can also build tanky and then just use different potions & food for the different fights you will handle.

Personally though, I would recommend you to get better gears before using runes, unless of course you feel rich enough to burn them now. See if you can't get some good blue cards first.

Thanks for that info

i was going to use runes on my 50 gears. I am art so its a lot cheaper and I have a good amount of materials for them

I haven't done any raids yet but i was assuming once DPS gear got better it'd become a lot harder to hold aggro

guess ill use agi/int runes when I do finally get the good gear

oh atm I am using all scratch thiefs. Which card do u think is probably the best to get atm?

#7 Wtfast

Wtfast

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 100 posts
  • LocationAlberta channel 5
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online 2
  • Server:Odin

Posted 09 June 2013 - 04:14 AM

dont use ruins in rhd blue imo. farm obb and craft a full parry set and socket full agi ruins. when you get drop from raids, get the dps set armor so you can use it in colo cuz you want to hit like a truck in colo not tank like a truck. why dps armor in colo? cuz you dont wanna miss your target, a lot of time one miss could be fatal because it could have been your kill but instead you miss and someone ks you. As for attack power, imo 3k attack pretty much standard for knight.

Edited by Wtfast, 09 June 2013 - 04:23 AM.

#8 Mistori

Mistori

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 09 June 2013 - 07:38 AM

dont use ruins in rhd blue imo. farm obb and craft a full parry set and socket full agi ruins. when you get drop from raids, get the dps set armor so you can use it in colo cuz you want to hit like a truck in colo not tank like a truck. why dps armor in colo? cuz you dont wanna miss your target, a lot of time one miss could be fatal because it could have been your kill but instead you miss and someone ks you. As for attack power, imo 3k attack pretty much standard for knight.

That's true, but I was under the impression equipment & its stats doesn't matter in colo?

#9 SonicTMP

SonicTMP

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 346 posts
  • LocationAlone in the dishwasher

Posted 09 June 2013 - 11:23 AM

The pvp bonus from colo gear is suppost to count. Other than that everything else is set. But you can buff them via pots and class buffs. My hit jumped to 103% in colo and im sitting at 98.88% outside.

As for general AP. The more the better as a tank but if anyone out threats you its because they vastly out gear you or they burst fast on add swaps.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users