• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 autior

autior

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 01 June 2013 - 12:13 AM

Hi, I'm a new aco and I'm omw to 50 with two other friends (archer and thief). I noticed that two Acolyte skills have wrong descriptions, Renovatio (doesn't heal 22% of target HP but 22% Acolyte Matk, if I'm right) and Highness Heal (to heal nearby party members they have to be less far than 4.5m from the guy who received HH). This is what I found for now, but I'm wondering if there are others bad description (like Reno) or just not accurate enough (like HH) about Acolyte and Priest skills. Any help would be appreciated, ty.

#2 synesthetic

synesthetic

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 557 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 01 June 2013 - 12:31 AM

Meditatio is just a vague mess. It increases how much your crit-heals do depending on how much bonus Hit Rate you have.
Your base Hit Rate is 95%. Anything you have higher than that goes towards Meditatio.
So if you have 100% Hit Rate and Meditatio Lv.1 (340%), that's 5% extra Hit Rate. Multiply that by 340% from Medi to get 17%.
This 17% then gets added to how much your crit-heals do. Normally, crits do 200%. So with this example, your crit-heals would then do 217%.

Sanctuary is a 10-sec channeled skill with a radius of 5m (effectively ~4.3m like what you've seen for HH). If you move while it's going, you stop the skill prematurely.

Recovery doesn't remove "all" conditions. Just Polymorph, Immobility, Frozen, and Silence, so far.

#3 Finraziel

Finraziel

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 211 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 01 June 2013 - 12:31 AM

Reno description isn't wrong per se, you're the one interpreting "22% HP" as 22% of max HP, but that's not what it says. It could be clearer though.
Highness heal on the other hand is just plain wrong.

I think those are the main ones for aco/priest though. Only other thing I can think of off the top of my head is blessing actually has a range it works on as well, as in, party members need to be close enough when you apply the effect (then they keep it wherever they go).

In general though it seems like they need to check skill descriptions, as well as have someone with proper english skills go over all the text in the game. All the spelling and grammatical errors make the game look amateuristic (though I know it's because it's asian).

edit: ninja'd by someone who actually knows what he's talking about :p_sleep:

Edited by Finraziel, 01 June 2013 - 12:33 AM.

#4 autior

autior

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 01 June 2013 - 01:08 AM

Meditatio is just a vague mess. It increases how much your crit-heals do depending on how much bonus Hit Rate you have.
Your base Hit Rate is 95%. Anything you have higher than that goes towards Meditatio.
So if you have 100% Hit Rate and Meditatio Lv.1 (340%), that's 5% extra Hit Rate. Multiply that by 340% from Medi to get 17%.
This 17% then gets added to how much your crit-heals do. Normally, crits do 200%. So with this example, your crit-heals would then do 217%.

Sanctuary is a 10-sec channeled skill with a radius of 5m (effectively ~4.3m like what you've seen for HH). If you move while it's going, you stop the skill prematurely.

Recovery doesn't remove "all" conditions. Just Polymorph, Immobility, Frozen, and Silence, so far.

Meditatio is completely different from what I was thinking, if work that way it's not worth any skill point imho... Thanks for your help, sir.

Reno description isn't wrong per se, you're the one interpreting "22% HP" as 22% of max HP, but that's not what it says. It could be clearer though.
Highness heal on the other hand is just plain wrong.

I think those are the main ones for aco/priest though. Only other thing I can think of off the top of my head is blessing actually has a range it works on as well, as in, party members need to be close enough when you apply the effect (then they keep it wherever they go).

In general though it seems like they need to check skill descriptions, as well as have someone with proper english skills go over all the text in the game. All the spelling and grammatical errors make the game look amateuristic (though I know it's because it's asian).

edit: ninja'd by someone who actually knows what he's talking about :p_sleep:

I have 950hp with blessing lvl5 (I'm lvl 19) and Renovatio heal me for 70ish hp every 2sec, that's like 7/8% of MAX (or actual, I have full bar while testing) HP, and is completely different from the description (I'm not a native english speaker, but "heal 22% HP" looks straightforward to me, it could mean Max or Actual HP, but either meaning is wrong because it's affected by caster Magical Power).

Any other fellow healer with some tasty info about priest tricks and tips is welcome as well.

Edited by autior, 01 June 2013 - 01:10 AM.

#5 Crow

Crow

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 105 posts

Posted 01 June 2013 - 01:34 AM

Take a brief look at one of the priest guides posted in this forum. RO has long history of having totally inaccurate skill descriptions and guide writers put big emphasis on describing what skills actually do.

Having said that, Synesthetic already outlined most important ones. One more thing that is very annoying and can't be read from skill descriptions is aftercast (animation) delay and whether you may move while casting instant skill (for instance Crescent or Gloria Procs can't be cast while moving, even though they are instant).

#6 Finraziel

Finraziel

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 211 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 01 June 2013 - 02:48 AM

Meditatio is completely different from what I was thinking, if work that way it's not worth any skill point imho... Thanks for your help, sir.

I have 950hp with blessing lvl5 (I'm lvl 19) and Renovatio heal me for 70ish hp every 2sec, that's like 7/8% of MAX (or actual, I have full bar while testing) HP, and is completely different from the description (I'm not a native english speaker, but "heal 22% HP" looks straightforward to me, it could mean Max or Actual HP, but either meaning is wrong because it's affected by caster Magical Power).

Any other fellow healer with some tasty info about priest tricks and tips is welcome as well.

Now you're misreading what I'm saying. I read it as "You heal HP, how much? 22%" It doesn't specify that it's 22% of your matk, but 22% of your max HP would be ludicrous, that would be WAY WAY overpowered. If you think renovatio as it is is not worth its skillpoints then I'm sorry, but you have no idea what you're talking about. It's the skill that is responsible for the bulk of the healing when partying and most of the time you can tank several monsters at once outside of dungeons and only keeping reno going will keep you alive easily.j

edit: Eh, I'm an idiot, you said that about meditatio, not renovatio :p_sick:
sorry about that... *wanders off mumbling something about damn dyslexia*

Edited by Finraziel, 01 June 2013 - 07:15 AM.

#7 EmlioR

EmlioR

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 45 posts

Posted 01 June 2013 - 05:14 AM

as you say renavatio perhaps heal you for ur hp with out count blessing.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users