anyafennec

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 32 posts
  • LocationKalamazoo, MI
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Odin Ch17

Posted 01 June 2013 - 12:02 PM

Is there a difference in the drop rate for the mace between the two bosses? I hunted Goblin Leader for two runs (3 hours, then 1 hour), and not a single mace dropped. Literally every other class dropped multiple times. Would it be better on Wanderer? Wanderer's a huge pain, though maybe a cross formation with ranged DPS will work.

#2 Jargous

Jargous

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 319 posts

Posted 01 June 2013 - 02:07 PM

Nope, does not matter at all.

#3 RevLoveJoy

RevLoveJoy

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 191 posts
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:Odin

Posted 01 June 2013 - 05:04 PM

You have 5.88% chance of getting a Holy Mace from Goblin Leader. That's like the card drop rate of Turtle General in Beta MVP Room on a high-rate private RO1 server.

#4 anyafennec

anyafennec

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 32 posts
  • LocationKalamazoo, MI

Posted 02 June 2013 - 12:43 AM

You have 5.88% chance of getting a Holy Mace from Goblin Leader. That's like the card drop rate of Turtle General in Beta MVP Room on a high-rate private RO1 server.

Holy !@#$ does this game hate priests or something? :p_cry:

#5 synesthetic

synesthetic

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 557 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 02 June 2013 - 01:47 AM

No, I'd say it hates tanks more. Especially knights.

There should be 17 possible drops.
- 10 weapons with Hit/Haste/Vigor - one for each class
- 4 weapons with Parry/Dodge - one for each tank class
- 2 shields - one with HHV, the other with PD
- 1 quiver

So while tanks have a higher chance of getting -something- for them, they may get trolled by getting the one they don't want.
And knights get to deal with it twice since they need both sword and shield.

Wanderer's not so bad if you're on top of immediately running away from the tornados, and understand that the tornados have a wider range than they look.
You can get a little headstart on running if you can afford to be targeting/watching Wanderer most of the time, instead of spamming heals. If he targets you, or you see him suddenly facing you, then run.

#6 anyafennec

anyafennec

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 32 posts
  • LocationKalamazoo, MI

Posted 02 June 2013 - 12:54 PM

- 1 quiver

So while tanks have a higher chance of getting -something- for them, they may get trolled by getting the one they don't want.

Wanderer's not so bad if you're on top of immediately running away from the tornados, and understand that the tornados have a wider range than they look.
You can get a little headstart on running if you can afford to be targeting/watching Wanderer most of the time, instead of spamming heals. If he targets you, or you see him suddenly facing you, then run.

In my runs I had several different tank weapons and warrior weapons drop, and I can't remember if they were the same shield or not but there were 4-5 shield drops without a single mace drop ;A;.

If I go to Wanderer I have a plan to have a tank, then 3 DPS+me all spread out in 4 directions, so a tornado will only hit one person if we can't react in time. If the drop rate is the same then I don't see a point in going there though, except when at rush hour when a bunch of parties are all gunning for Goblin.

#7 Vamperious

Vamperious

I am New.

• Members
  • 8 posts
  • Server:ODIN

Posted 05 June 2013 - 11:14 AM

- 1 quiver

Our knight must be extemely lucky then. Shield dropped on Goblin leader first kill, sword on the second. I didn't get my mace until after I won the greed roll on 2 BM weapons, 1 wiz, 1 sorc, and 4 monk fists. So about 2 hour's worth of farming. The worst is our assassin though. He didn't get his claws until the last kill before we called it quits. He literally crossed his fingers.

#8 Chocs

Chocs

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 566 posts

Posted 05 June 2013 - 12:23 PM

Well... one Goblin Leader hunt I participated in dropped like 5 maces in ~2 hours. :hmm:

#9 Miryai

Miryai

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 71 posts
  • Server:Chaos, Odin (ch.3)

Posted 05 June 2013 - 12:28 PM

Well... one Goblin Leader hunt I participated in dropped like 5 maces in ~2 hours. :hmm:

And there was no Tank Warrior Sword for you :P But yeah I got my mace after 3-4 kills and it kept dropping instead of dropping a Tank Warrior weapon once. Might have been too lucky.

#10 anyafennec

anyafennec

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 32 posts
  • LocationKalamazoo, MI

Posted 05 June 2013 - 11:50 PM

Oh the pain of random number generators.

#11 EmlioR

EmlioR

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 45 posts

Posted 08 June 2013 - 06:30 PM

Is there a difference in the drop rate for the mace between the two bosses? I hunted Goblin Leader for two runs (3 hours, then 1 hour), and not a single mace dropped. Literally every other class dropped multiple times. Would it be better on Wanderer? Wanderer's a huge pain, though maybe a cross formation with ranged DPS will work.

Wow i get it in my first try, lucky me =S.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users