colo is so frustrating for a knight - Page 2 - Swordman - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

colo is so frustrating for a knight

• Please log in to reply
49 replies to this topic

#26 Shouichirou

Shouichirou

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 141 posts
  • LocationProbably at work.
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Odin Ch.5/7/11 (RO2)

Posted 06 June 2013 - 01:17 PM

I have no problems with teaming with other melees and done it many times during my adventures. But I have 1 key warning . . . if your within "100% kill range", I'm going for you whether the melee is an ally or enemy. Of course I actually applaud other melees who do the same to me, because in my eyes . . . "Well, at least a melee killed me and has a better chance to move up".

#27 AhinaReyoh

AhinaReyoh

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1088 posts

Posted 06 June 2013 - 01:27 PM

So far Warriors, Knights, and Monks seem to be working fairly well at having a non-aggression pact when I'm there with my Knight. I keep finding Beastmasters attacking me when I'm at full health though, not sure what's going on with them but they usually end up saving the lives of the ranged characters that I was attacking.

#28 sephiroso

sephiroso

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 946 posts

Posted 06 June 2013 - 01:50 PM

So far Warriors, Knights, and Monks seem to be working fairly well at having a non-aggression pact when I'm there with my Knight. I keep finding Beastmasters attacking me when I'm at full health though, not sure what's going on with them but they usually end up saving the lives of the ranged characters that I was attacking.

might be they're actually working WITH those ranged characters cause they're in same guild or friends

#29 Chocs

Chocs

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 566 posts

Posted 06 June 2013 - 02:52 PM

^ I don't think guild/friends teaming up is class specific.

#30 Haboob

Haboob

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 931 posts
  • LocationBattlegrounds
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online 2

Posted 06 June 2013 - 03:40 PM

Knights, Warriors and Monks work together because we cant harm each other as easily so we attack a squishy first.

#31 Jonss

Jonss

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 144 posts

Posted 06 June 2013 - 03:54 PM

Knights, Warriors and Monks work together because we cant harm each other as easily so we attack a squishy first.

hahaaha its so funny seeing like 3-4 knights/warriors gang and stun lock someone till they die at start of round

#32 GuardianTK

GuardianTK

They pay me to post.

• RO Fungineering
  • 9388 posts
  • LocationIn a certain mansion
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:Chaos Renewal + Odin

Posted 06 June 2013 - 05:38 PM

Oh yeah, I have had more occasions where a Sin would attack me instead of a weakened Ranger in front of me. I mean really? The dude over there's got like 3k health left and you go after little ol' immobilized me?

#33 Ledise

Ledise

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 118 posts
  • LocationNeverland
  • Server:Odin

Posted 06 June 2013 - 05:42 PM

I've got a knight friend and he gets to top 6 always, i think it's how you handle your skills.

#34 ffssthap

ffssthap

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 34 posts

Posted 06 June 2013 - 05:50 PM

so well call it now and make a non-aggression pact in the colo with melee classes

#35 kingarthur6687

kingarthur6687

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1877 posts
  • Server:iRO Chaos Renewal

Posted 06 June 2013 - 06:45 PM

hahaaha its so funny seeing like 3-4 knights/warriors gang and stun lock someone till they die at start of round

I fought a sorc in one colo that was tanking literally 4~5 of us (Warriors, Knights, and Monks). She finally died after we all chain-stunned her all the way to ChinaSouth Korea. It was glorious.

It was also glorious how we all went our separate ways afterwards; no smacking each other, no AoEing each other, just dispersing to find another ranged class to gank.

Edited by kingarthur6687, 06 June 2013 - 06:46 PM.

#36 sephiroso

sephiroso

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 946 posts

Posted 06 June 2013 - 06:49 PM

I fought a sorc in one colo that was tanking literally 4~5 of us (Warriors, Knights, and Monks). She finally died after we all chain-stunned her all the way to ChinaSouth Korea. It was glorious.

this is why you guys lose. stop wasting time on troublesome classes. sorcs/priests/bm don't bother with even trying to go after them unless they're near-death. if you happen to see other people ganging up on them already, then sure join in but otherwise, you're just wasting time on getting a low probability kill because, hey guess what, there's 4-5 other dudes trying to kill the same person you're trying to kill, and probably 1-2 ranged that are just waiting and laughing say yea, you guys get em low, i'll snipe em off your hands cause you're doing their job for them.

#37 FluffyGoaty

FluffyGoaty

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 367 posts
  • LocationNorth America

Posted 06 June 2013 - 06:55 PM

I'm a Knight and I'm having a lot of fun during Colo.

#38 Chocs

Chocs

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 566 posts

Posted 06 June 2013 - 07:51 PM

Of course I actually applaud other melees who do the same to me, because in my eyes . . . "Well, at least a melee killed me and has a better chance to move up".

This guy didn't seem to get the idea that I tried to ignore him. But I'm not even upset :heh: Grats on the win!

Posted Image

#39 Jonss

Jonss

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 144 posts

Posted 06 June 2013 - 08:49 PM

have 2 colo wins on my knight now! woo!

my most recent win i got 6 kills in finals hah

no buff pots/buff foods/master potions EZ

Edited by Jonss, 06 June 2013 - 08:53 PM.

#40 Jonss

Jonss

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 144 posts

Posted 06 June 2013 - 08:51 PM

It was also glorious how we all went our separate ways afterwards; no smacking each other, no AoEing each other, just dispersing to find another ranged class to gank.

hell yeah

me and some knight who had both PvP weapons both ganged random sorcs hard at start of every round

it went:

shield bash > spam for a few sec > other used shield bash > walk a few steps > shield charge > pwn

#41 bloodrinn

bloodrinn

I am New.

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 06 June 2013 - 10:04 PM

I don't know about you guys but I hate shield charge. It has absolutely foolish limited animation.
You MUST run for 3 seconds independently of distance. You cannot perform any action right after stun for 1 second.
And another funny thing happends when you charge at running person from max 20 meters. You stun him but he continues to move stunned and to hit him you should follow. However after stun duration he appears at impact point! Another 20 meters between you haha -_-

Please tell me I'm the only with all those glitches :) If not then imagine how much better you can do colo.
I just want gods of universe to punish programmist who is responsable for shield charge :P

#42 SonicTMP

SonicTMP

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 346 posts
  • LocationAlone in the dishwasher

Posted 06 June 2013 - 10:27 PM

I remember WoW warriors having tons of bugs with charge back in the day. Shield charge is no different. I've encounted the same problems. It's maddening. Epsically since it's our only mobility skill.
Really irt has mroe to do with server lag than the skill itself. I've also had it work perfectly, hit the guy, i can get an AS in then shield bash and pummel them a few more hits.

It does work right now and then, but it's highly unrealiable.

#43 sephiroso

sephiroso

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 946 posts

Posted 06 June 2013 - 10:30 PM

thats why i've taken to using shield charge only as a SECONDARY stun. as in. i'll engage my foe, shield bash, fight a bit, back off right before stun is about to wear off, and shield charge and go back to fighting, right before shield charge stun wears off i'll shield boomerang to slow them so i can keep on their ass and usually they're dead right here cause i don't pick on full hp people and neither should you guys.. if you try to use it on someone who is actively moving, its a 50/50 chance you're gonna get the sliding body lag thing. so i don't even try to do that just to avoid that frustration.

Edited by sephiroso, 06 June 2013 - 10:31 PM.

#44 Chocs

Chocs

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 566 posts

Posted 06 June 2013 - 10:31 PM

Yeah, there's a lot of latency involved with the "displacement" skills. I recall some Malaysian people playing in SEA server that reacted just as soon as they reached their target (using Shield Charge). On the other hand I had to run on the spot for a second or two until the hit registers.

#45 ShiningOni

ShiningOni

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 54 posts
  • LocationArizona

Posted 05 July 2013 - 09:51 PM

I do know of a good practical method tested and applied so many times from personal experience that got me at least to 4th round of Colosseum, as a knight. If your interested, i can pm u the details ^^.

#46 Hermand

Hermand

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 332 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online 2

Posted 09 July 2013 - 05:50 AM

Well I would like to apologize to my fellow knights if I broke the silent treaty we had at some times when doing colo. I just so need that BP and at some times a Knight is in my range and is dying... :p_swt:

I hope the WOE update will give us a chance to gather enough BP to get those Colo gears.

Edited by Hermand, 09 July 2013 - 05:51 AM.

#47 Bronx

Bronx

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 943 posts
  • LocationPiscataway, NJ
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 09 July 2013 - 07:43 AM

I think Colo is fun. Just try to relax, do your best, and laugh when you get owned  :heh: It's not worth stressing over. It's a game, have fun!

Don't forget to get that 200% poring buff and pop your Master Agi Boost Potion!!! People almost never see it coming.  :heh:

#48 KEVEDO

KEVEDO

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 09 July 2013 - 12:28 PM

I will enjoy colo, like everyone else already with colo set, when I get my colo set, until there.. =/

#49 ffssthap

ffssthap

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 34 posts

Posted 10 July 2013 - 06:16 AM

coliseo.png

finally i win a little statue what is used for ?

#50 Kalandros

Kalandros

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1476 posts
  • LocationQuébec
  • Server:Yggdrasil

Posted 10 July 2013 - 06:31 AM

aboslutely nothing, wastes storage space and thats all.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users