• Members
  • 259 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:IRO chaos

Posted 03 June 2013 - 11:37 PM

Vaccum Cleaner:

Atk:0
defence:0
Properties: sucks up all the items in a 3 X 3 area while draining 5sp per sec LOLOLOL

GG GREED

#2 shawnja

shawnja

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 102 posts
  • LocationCalifornia, USA
  • Server:iRO Chaos

Posted 07 June 2013 - 04:24 AM

I like this suggestion... It should be an equippable accessory that is created from item collection.
Lets say.... 10,000 steel, 30,000 flexible tube, and 1 emperium anvil. :ok: :gg:

#3 ShiveringShadows

ShiveringShadows

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 853 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 07 June 2013 - 05:20 AM

Just make Greed a basic skill that every job class can attain after reaching a certain level (99 perhaps) and completing a skill quest. It's a convenience skill, nothing else and should be made available to everyone without having to wear a certain piece of equipment. After a while, picking up items becomes a real drag, especially if you're killing monsters at a fast pace.

This shouldn't be so hard to implement, since the skill is already available. But they should at least make it work properly with item sharing in a party, before making it available to everyone.

#4 shawnja

shawnja

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 102 posts

Posted 07 June 2013 - 05:34 AM

Making greed available to everyone has been done with greed scrolls and the HBP. I'm sure there will be another event where you can get HBPs... This was recently done with CoD, Pencil, Pirate Dagger, etc... so who is to say it won't happen with HBP? I'd GLADLY spend $100 on KP if they brought back HBP in a June/July groove pack. Greed is originally a blacksmith skill. I think after they saw me buying 100s of their greed scrolls someone got the bright idea to make an equip with the skill, hence the HBP.

As for the even share of items in a party, this feature is terribly broken. The person who picks up the items seems to get 70%+ of the items while the rest get spread out to remaining party members. It's great for me, seeing as how I have a HBP, however I definitely agree it's quite unfair to others and should be fixed.

This thread is simply suggesting a new equip/accessory that would enable a "vacuum" like feature in exchange for a constant SP drain. I think it only fair to be merchant-class exclusive and require a massive amount of items to create. Kinda like the way you need to be over 90% weight to get the skill greed as a blacksmith.

Edited by shawnja, 07 June 2013 - 05:39 AM.

#5 ShiveringShadows

ShiveringShadows

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 853 posts

Posted 07 June 2013 - 05:48 AM

Making greed available to everyone has been done with greed scrolls and the HBP.

You are right about that, I guess it would cut into their profit from Greed Scrolls. Less so for Heroic Backpacks since players mainly buy those for their incredible substat bonuses.

With that said, I wouldn't mind it having a cash shop angle like what they did with Enlarge Weight Limit (Gym Passes).

I'm sure there will be another event where you can get HBPs... This was recently done with CoD, Pencil, Pirate Dagger, etc... so who is to say it won't happen with HBP? I'd GLADLY spend $100 on KP if they brought back HBP in a June/July groove pack.

Being able to use the Greed skill without having to wear a heroic backpack is sometimes more desirable since you don't have to constantly switch between garments if you're wearing something else as your main piece (White Wing Manteau, Valkyrian Manteau).

#6 shawnja

shawnja

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 102 posts

Posted 07 June 2013 - 05:55 AM

I understand your frustration with garment switching... I too must switch when using my ranger

#7 ShiveringShadows

ShiveringShadows

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 853 posts

Posted 07 June 2013 - 06:17 AM

In any case, I think the choice should be left up to the player:
  • Choose a Heroic Backpack if you're going to use it as your main garment and/or want to use it on more than one of your characters.
  • Choose a 'Greed Pass' if you don't don't want the inconvenience of switching your garments all the time.

#8 Aujo

Aujo

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 259 posts
  • Server:IRO chaos

Posted 07 June 2013 - 09:48 AM

costume GG....

#9 teffalockheart

teffalockheart

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 513 posts
  • Server:Chaos in Classic

Posted 07 June 2013 - 10:37 AM

vacuum cleaner:

bonus effect when equipped with Heroic backpack, add 50% chance to collect all item on screen when using greed at the cost of all sp

:rice: :rice: :rice:

#10 Lunebeam

Lunebeam

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 342 posts

Posted 15 June 2013 - 06:20 PM

Greed was origionally the main and ONLY reason a blacksmith EVER got a party until those backpacks.

Theres a good reason the heroic backpack greed is worse than a smiths, but its still too little, too late.

Now greed is a low level smiths only means of self support and to an extent mechanics.

There doesn't need to be a better greed, just party a smith like it was always intended to work. Its the reason they have party buffs and possibly a reason mado on iro is allowed to greed.

The backpack is the same to a smith as a backpack that granted metal strength would be to a sura or arrow storm based off of weapon attack (even if its not a bow) would be to a ranger.

Edited by Lunebeam, 15 June 2013 - 06:22 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users