Server Maintenance - Patch Notes v469 @2PM (-8 UTC) June 4 - Page 6 - Patch Notes Archive - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

Server Maintenance - Patch Notes v469 @2PM (-8 UTC) June 4

• Please log in to reply
149 replies to this topic

#126 EmoCutt

EmoCutt

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1963 posts
  • Playing:ROSE Online
  • Server:Draconis

Posted 05 June 2013 - 10:24 PM

Leeching can control gear prices (while it may not be the best way to go about price control, it is practical and effective)

You know I have never thought about it this way before. I have to say, genius. I hope this gets picked up and they listen.

#127 Gojio

Gojio

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 5553 posts
  • LocationPastaland
  • Server:Leonis

Posted 06 June 2013 - 01:53 AM

Does this means Aura's Blessing can't be 'debuffed'?

BTW guys. What's the difference between a normal buff vs. aura's blessing? :x

Does it work like valkyrie?

What does valkyrie charm gives anyway? O.O

-nab

Normal buff (say Clobber) gives 20% + something ap, Arua's Blessing gives 100%, so it doubles your ap.

Valkyrie is an additional damage buff, different from AP buff. When you use Valkyrie charm on your character, AP does not increase, but your attack will deal higher damage.

#128 irlalalo

irlalalo

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 251 posts

Posted 06 June 2013 - 07:01 AM

The current situation is a choice between buying (+15) sets at ridiculous prices or buying clean sets and honor binds at ridiculous prices plus paying real money for IM points to self-refine.

If clean gears and honor binds (honor points) can be easily farmed by leeching in uw, people may not be so adverse to buying some (IM points) to self-refine gears.

I already know what lame arguments they are gonna give. My reasoning remain the same ie. This (bringing back old uw) do not have to be permanent. It can be implemented as compensation to players for the period while they get their credit merchant fixed.

I hope this gets picked up and they listen.

There is a chinese idiom: playing music to cows. The cows heard you but don't understand.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lXKDu6cdXLI

#129 SlowBob

SlowBob

Raider Representative

• Members
  • 1718 posts

Posted 06 June 2013 - 10:32 AM

Edited by SlowBob, 06 June 2013 - 10:36 AM.

#130 Feuer

Feuer

They pay me to post

• Members
  • 10958 posts
  • Twitter:@LovatianOwl
  • LocationCaves of Owlverick
  • Server:Le' Forumz

Posted 06 June 2013 - 09:14 PM

So theres another UW [old] argument starting here and I'll do my part to curb it.

So long as a normal player, has a method to obtain the same end result [be it gear gems whatever] then the game is fair. Paying to increase the rate at which you become stronger is normal for gaming MMO's like ROSE.

While yes leeching UW was a real thing, it did ruin the efforts to balance the PVP aspect in general. The point of removing it was to develop a system that was fair [in terms of active players]. As the old and very valid arguments went, the only people affected by the removal of the old UW are the ones who leeched them. Any of the active players make just as much, if not more with the new GA system. The IM buyers are still in the exact same spot, until now. Instead of selling IM items [which some are still available for sale lets not forget that] the buy the runes, sell the still available items, for clean gears and refine them themselves. Thusly, still the same for IM users. Still the same for -ACTIVE- players, and the AFK/Leechers are still cut out of the system. You dont play for points, you dont get the gear. Pretty simple concept.

Also, there was more to the removal of the Old UW system then Leeching. There were bugs [like spawn killing + wall glitches] aswell as exploits. The old quest system for the UW was not only confusing to new players, but also not a good way to host PVP battlefields in general. As it didn't allow for multi-game functionality through the same system.

#131 jagz

jagz

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 983 posts
  • LocationMaryland
  • Server:The Crashing One

Posted 07 June 2013 - 10:31 AM

It's good to see Union War back, but as people have stated already, it's a little lonely being an 8v8 battle on such a large map. Also, a 3rd Game Arena game being added to the roster makes even more competition between the modes than before. If Draconis Peaks couldn't start before....... There is no point for it to even exist under the current system now.

I'd like to reiterate this. It would be fun to play a single GA one of these days again. Phish, I think your inbox is full, can't PM you.

#132 Phish

Phish

Bourgeois & Champion Representative

• Members
  • 3564 posts
  • LocationU.S.A. New York
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 07 June 2013 - 11:25 AM

Made some room, should be good now.

#133 jagz

jagz

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 983 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 08 June 2013 - 02:54 PM

I haven't seen a GA go in 3 days, and haven't seen a CD go since the re-introduction of AA. Yet another diversion of the community is already wreaking havoc to the enjoyment of the game IMHO. Player base just isn't big enough for all these, you think adding more is good but in reality it's hurting. 3 game modes coupled with a subpar queuing system is making playing absolutely impossible.

#134 hammerteam

hammerteam

I am New.

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 08 June 2013 - 05:07 PM

no cd for so many days. Even if one started its 4 vs 5....there's nothing for people to do now.
i regretted buying all that IM points for this game. the developers is not even thinking it through. 3-4 days and they r not fixing the problem.

#135 claw68

claw68

Raider Representative

• Members
  • 866 posts
  • LocationPhilippines

Posted 08 June 2013 - 05:27 PM

Normal buff (say Clobber) gives 20% + something ap, Arua's Blessing gives 100%, so it doubles your ap.

Valkyrie is an additional damage buff, different from AP buff. When you use Valkyrie charm on your character, AP does not increase, but your attack will deal higher damage.

I see. Thanks.

mmm anyway if all Item Mall Resets are account bound, why does the Testimony of Retraining isn't?

#136 SimeonA

SimeonA

I made it Off Topic

• Banned
  • 22 posts
  • LocationMy House

Posted 08 June 2013 - 06:31 PM

Make the Traditional Chinese Costume tradable please. Thank You!

#137 jagz

jagz

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 983 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 09 June 2013 - 10:12 AM

no cd for so many days. Even if one started its 4 vs 5....there's nothing for people to do now.
i regretted buying all that IM points for this game. the developers is not even thinking it through. 3-4 days and they r not fixing the problem.

I'll give it to them, they had our best intentions in mind. I'm sure they thought along the lines of "lets surprise them with the AA map!" but that is where lays the problem. It's diverting the community further, and the queue system is also terrible. When it would be 8/10 8/10 for CD, you could tell people to sign up lets go! and they would, and you would play. Now, it just goes back to 9 in queue and remains dead.

If a solution to the too many game modes / queuing system isn't in place soon, they are really shooting themselves in the foot.

Edited by jagz, 09 June 2013 - 10:13 AM.

#138 SlowBob

SlowBob

Raider Representative

• Members
  • 1718 posts

Posted 09 June 2013 - 11:17 AM

maybe they are looking forward to a bigger playerbase soon? If that's the case they are doing perfectly fine

Edited by SlowBob, 09 June 2013 - 11:23 AM.

#139 Dirtyarry

Dirtyarry

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 672 posts
  • Locationlos christianos
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:siren

Posted 09 June 2013 - 11:22 AM

maybe thei are looking forward to a bigger playerbase soon? If that's the case they are doing perfectly fine

BOBBY BROWN TONGUE :wub:

#140 Feuer

Feuer

They pay me to post

• Members
  • 10958 posts

Posted 09 June 2013 - 12:36 PM

After they release the pegasus update im sure they will launch a rather large advertising strategy to bring in new players to the newly updated ROSE.

#141 Skaduwee

Skaduwee

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 436 posts

Posted 09 June 2013 - 12:54 PM

I hope so ^_^!!!

#142 Bendersmom

Bendersmom

Cleric Representative

• Members
  • 2000 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 10 June 2013 - 09:13 AM

I'll give it to them, they had our best intentions in mind. I'm sure they thought along the lines of "lets surprise them with the AA map!" but that is where lays the problem. It's diverting the community further, and the queue system is also terrible. When it would be 8/10 8/10 for CD, you could tell people to sign up lets go! and they would, and you would play. Now, it just goes back to 9 in queue and remains dead.

If a solution to the too many game modes / queuing system isn't in place soon, they are really shooting themselves in the foot.

No offense Jagz but it almost seems like you and I were playing a different game. Anytime I logged in this past Sat and Sunday games were going one right after another. There were a few times that 1 CD and 1 Akram Arena were going at the same time. I think more people have figured out that you should queue for all games and that the first one that fills will drag you in. But this was mostly in the US morning and afternoon. By the US night the GA is fairly dead with them happening occasionally. But that is how it has been for awhile now.

I guess time will tell but most people were enjoying the Akram Arena and I was surprised at how many had never seen that map before.

Maybe, if more people ever play this game, they would increase the number of players that could enter the GA for Akram arena and DP. It would be a lot more fun. But with the number of players we have that do the GA right now I don't think it would be practical.

#143 jagz

jagz

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 983 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 10 June 2013 - 09:26 AM

No offense Jagz but it almost seems like you and I were playing a different game. Anytime I logged in this past Sat and Sunday games were going one right after another. There were a few times that 1 CD and 1 Akram Arena were going at the same time. I think more people have figured out that you should queue for all games and that the first one that fills will drag you in. But this was mostly in the US morning and afternoon. By the US night the GA is fairly dead with them happening occasionally. But that is how it has been for awhile now.

I guess time will tell but most people were enjoying the Akram Arena and I was surprised at how many had never seen that map before.

Maybe, if more people ever play this game, they would increase the number of players that could enter the GA for Akram arena and DP. It would be a lot more fun. But with the number of players we have that do the GA right now I don't think it would be practical.

I should have specified a time frame. I have been queued for 7 hours a day (3pm to 10pm eastern) the last 5 days, and 0 CD's were played. One actually went but it was 4 on 3 (lol) - IT WAS NOT DEAD in this time period until the new queue system was put in place. Also I'm always queued in AA too and I have been apart of 3, all disaster snooze fests. - Talking about Leonis server.

Edited by jagz, 10 June 2013 - 10:41 AM.

#144 Bendersmom

Bendersmom

Cleric Representative

• Members
  • 2000 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 10 June 2013 - 11:42 AM

Yeah I was playing Sat and Sunday from about 8am to 3. Then it was going well, and seriously, we had one after another. We even had to take breaks to get energy rebuilt. One that we went into in Akram was 4vs6...no idea how that happens but it was actually fun. And almost all queues were even in numbers for CD and Akrum so most were queued for both. Plus we ran around shouting that people should and could queue for all 3 at one time. So that probably helped. A lot did not know that. Some didn't queue for all because they only liked CD but in general the numbers were fairly even for both.

And in reality look around. A lot of people are taking a break, less shops, less people in general since they did the IM non vending thing. I know a lot that have quit or are taking a break in the last week or so. So I think lower numbers playing, people not knowing about the multiple queuing system and the multiple games to be played are all contributing to the lack of CD in our night time.

#145 Skaduwee

Skaduwee

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 436 posts

Posted 10 June 2013 - 01:44 PM

There's to few players .. That's so sad how the population is decreasing...

#146 Feuer

Feuer

They pay me to post

• Members
  • 10958 posts

Posted 11 June 2013 - 01:55 AM

It's not decreasing, they over all requirement to enter game modes is being stretched, mixed with the energy requirement to join modes only puts more strain on succesfully joining. After say another 2 modes are added, it will be due time for the server merge.

#147 simshon

simshon

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 126 posts

Posted 22 June 2013 - 02:59 AM

there are more then few players (max lv) that dont join ga .. there are enough players to run more then 2-3 ga games at the same time,
moreover,there are atleast 10-15 players at tg that wont join ga.
7-10 players at each group that too low amount of players to make more players want to join.

something like the old uw with some improvement ( make the last tier 200-230 and not just for the lat 10 levels) , make protected area for each team,that wont let the other group to attack there. maybe the old uw map?(i think its better the crystal defenders)

#148 ganjen

ganjen

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 198 posts
  • Locationpapua nugini
  • Server:draconis and leonis

Posted 25 June 2013 - 08:44 AM

Hahaha , just pay it with $USD . This is a paid game to be God ...play for free ? ,stop complaining . There is nothing such free lunch LOL

#149 ChXaXin

ChXaXin

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 122 posts
  • LocationIllinois, United States

Posted 29 June 2013 - 08:26 AM

Almost a month since the last update...

#150 ShazamO

ShazamO

They pay me to post.

• Retired
  • 5764 posts
  • LocationEarth

Posted 29 June 2013 - 08:48 AM

Yes and no ChXaXin. We have been pushing the development of the Skill Update on Pegasus for the last 2 weeks or so. Once we get that out of the door onto Leonis and Draconis, expect to see your normal patches. You can check the updates here.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users