Patch Notes (6/5/13) - Page 31 - Ragnarok 2 Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

Patch Notes (6/5/13)

• Please log in to reply
868 replies to this topic

#751 Yurishica

Yurishica

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 41 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 05 June 2013 - 02:15 AM

Jojo (and anyone else who posts here I guess):

The title will remain as-is (~30 pts stat boost). You will only be able to use the item that grants it at level 40.

It is not the version with the terribly low stats, or the level 40 version with +12s.

Edited by Yurishica, 05 June 2013 - 02:31 AM.

#752 McLyan

McLyan

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 05 June 2013 - 02:29 AM

Here i'll fix it:
- Remove Stats from all FUTURE costumes. They should be cosmetic ONLY. Nothing else,
- Half Stats on Founder title
- Add quest in game so everyone can get founder title eventually (if they work for it like everyone else did.)

There you go, Fixed.

#753 LuffyPirateKing

LuffyPirateKing

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 05 June 2013 - 02:32 AM

if this happens then time to charge back visa and say i didn't purchase those hundreds of dollars...
worth getting banned for, its basically the same as quitting since it's a terrible excuse for an MMO.

#754 UchihaDave

UchihaDave

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 249 posts

Posted 05 June 2013 - 02:40 AM

My suggestion:
-HALF-STAT for founder title
-Have more title related quests

#755 Nereida

Nereida

Too Legit To Quit

• Members - No Sig
  • 1107 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online 2

Posted 05 June 2013 - 02:44 AM

Wow, this caught me by surprise when I woke up. I was all laughing because of the -_-storm and the poor management, fearing that the title would be useless and raging because the effort of leveling to 30 would be wasted.

Overall, it wasn't a bad compromise, although I'm a bit disappointed that I won't get to abuse the title with my future Noel.

About the costume thing, I guess it makes sense that stats expire, otherwise the whole point of costume gears being decorative and to provide variety is completely lost if there are permanent +stat costumes. However, expecting the population to somehow expect the stats to expire while not expecting them to know the exact Founder bonus when it's stated in game is just ridiculous.

- Add quest in game so everyone can get founder title eventually (if they work for it like everyone else did.)

Not worth it. First because the meaning of "Founder" would be lost. Second because there are already quests for similar titles (both the +30 and +15 varieties).

-Have more title related quests

There over dozens of title related quests.

Edited by Nereida, 05 June 2013 - 02:46 AM.

#756 UchihaDave

UchihaDave

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 249 posts

Posted 05 June 2013 - 02:57 AM

What I mean is if they don't lower the stats,then plz make more title that has similar stat than founder title. Because currently, the only title that is slighty better than founder is legendary Card Master, which is super hard to obtain.

#757 Animus87

Animus87

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 39 posts

Posted 05 June 2013 - 03:12 AM

How about they just add another equivalent of Founder title in a future patch that can be easily obtained through quest. Problem solved. Players with Founder keep it, but future players have chance to obtain an equivalent title without it being difficult.

#758 Vaelastrasz

Vaelastrasz

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 293 posts

Posted 05 June 2013 - 03:16 AM

Here i'll fix it:
- Remove Stats from all FUTURE costumes. They should be cosmetic ONLY. Nothing else,

There you go, Fixed.

Remove stats from future costumes? Sweet, Tux/Dress prices over 100k, massive P2W factor for those who have the costume, well done fixing that.

#759 Haboob

Haboob

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 931 posts
  • LocationBattlegrounds

Posted 05 June 2013 - 03:21 AM

Remove stats from future costumes? Sweet, Tux/Dress prices over 100k, massive P2W factor for those who have the costume, well done fixing that.

Tux would be 500k within a week.

#760 Nereida

Nereida

Too Legit To Quit

• Members - No Sig
  • 1107 posts

Posted 05 June 2013 - 03:23 AM

What if instead of doing that costume rotation thing they just add an item that adds those stats to ANY costume?

#761 ROporingbuster

ROporingbuster

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 26 posts

Posted 05 June 2013 - 03:41 AM

How about adjusting the Founder TItle stats to coincide with the level? Maybe increase each time a person levels? Derp, it's an idea! :3

#762 YiiTheHuman

YiiTheHuman

I am New.

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 05 June 2013 - 03:43 AM

Touch the founder title and you have a player leaving.

Edited by YiiTheHuman, 05 June 2013 - 03:44 AM.

#763 kio414

kio414

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 34 posts

Posted 05 June 2013 - 03:52 AM

estimated time for main?

#764 Godriconian

Godriconian

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 188 posts

Posted 05 June 2013 - 04:05 AM

Okay so i just want to say the damage is already done even though the end result basically recended the costume and kahara titlepatch note mess up ......Hundreds maybe thousands of players lost there recruit costumes in the auction by selling them at 1/4 of the price and same with the tuxedo to some degree. Also from what i can tell they lost the faaith the players have in them. The game will go on but alas it will never be as it use to =/

I was half asleep when i wrote this as i just woke up, didn't realise there was already posts about it sowwie =/(you may delete it)

Edited by Godriconian, 05 June 2013 - 04:25 AM.

#765 ShiveringShadows

ShiveringShadows

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 853 posts

Posted 05 June 2013 - 04:09 AM

What's the point of this topic? Couldn't you use one of the tens of other topics to post your 'concerns'.

Edited by ShiveringShadows, 05 June 2013 - 04:34 AM.

#766 Bufkus

Bufkus

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 72 posts

Posted 05 June 2013 - 04:09 AM

I don't think EVERYONE sold their recruit costumes. A lot of us didn't bother logging back into RO2 after reading the patch notes, so we kept our stuff.

#767 Yurishica

Yurishica

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 41 posts

Posted 05 June 2013 - 04:10 AM

I dunno, man. Like other people were saying, if you offloaded your tuxgowncruit in the marketplace to try and get some fast cash off of people who hadn't read the update yet, you sort of deserve what's coming to you.

I for, one, am happy with how WP handled this - they admitted they'd made a mistake, compromised on a solution (level 40 restriction for the title, statless versions of tuxgown for fusion later), and did it with relatively good graces despite a rather formidable wave of ill-wishes directed towards them.

#768 Godriconian

Godriconian

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 188 posts

Posted 05 June 2013 - 04:16 AM

@bufkus i never said EVERYONE did i said couple hundred maybe thousand+

@ Yurishica i never sold any of mine lol, i actually bought 3 tux's at 4kz and a few recruit outfits i made out like a bandit in this patch , i just feel sorry for those who lost there hard work in the aftershock of the patch =p, I mean weather or not they fixed it is not the issue there are people who spent hundreds of dollars on getting a tux/dress only to sell it at 1/4 the price during this mess. Now it is sort of their fault for not waiting i admit but you still got to feel sorry for them lol( FYI again i never sold anything of mine so i am not Q.Qing lol)

#769 rosechelle

rosechelle

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 90 posts

Posted 05 June 2013 - 04:16 AM

Okay so i just want to say the damage is already done even though the end result basically recended the costume and kahara titlepatch note mess up ......Hundreds maybe thousands of players lost there recruit costumes in the auction by selling them at 1/4 of the price and same with the tuxedo to some degree. Also from what i can tell they lost the faaith the players have in them. The game will go on but alas it will never be as it use to =/

i think they will do as little work as possible to make the most profit
i dont see much passion to make it better than it has to be
i think most are here because we love ragnarok, not because its an amazing game or the people that run it are fantastic, and they know this :P
same sad story as ro1

#770 jdkc

jdkc

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 05 June 2013 - 04:30 AM

You know there's a problem with the company when they add more to the cash shop than bugs they fix.

#771 Navy

Navy

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 295 posts

Posted 05 June 2013 - 04:42 AM

You know there's a problem with the company when they add more to the cash shop than bugs they fix.

Adding content is something planned long in advance. Bugs are something you find along the way and fix as you go based on priority

#772 LeonFlare

LeonFlare

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 955 posts
  • Twitter:https://twitter.com/thenagrarok
  • LocationMOOTXICO!
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Valkyrie Forever

Posted 05 June 2013 - 04:43 AM

Here i'll fix it:

There you go, Fixed.

everything already fixed but still, you talking bananas

#773 5286130514185008893

I am New.

• Members
  • 1 posts
  • LocationOntario, Canada
  • Server:Odin

Posted 05 June 2013 - 04:45 AM

...due to the poor wording in the posts it is very unclear, and it rather insinuates that someone without a level 30 char can get at least some founder titles from the staying logged in event.

THIS. My husband and I only started playing on June 1st. We saw the event and looked up this mystical title in the Khara menu. It said all we had to do was play for a set amount of time all weekend? No problem, we practically gave up WoW to play this!

I don't want to make it sound like I'm owed, my character only got to 25 this weekend, and I had little time to play on Monday because of work. HOWEVER.

The event was poorly worded. It did very much sound like if you played for a set amount of time all weekend you would still get the title. We legit played every hour we were on... and were a little saddened to see we didn't recieve titles. I looked everywhere for clarification and until now had seen none.

Glad to see I wasn't the only one who thought the wording was bad.

Congrats to the all on their extra titles now that they have deemed there will be no nerf!

#774 RageReaoer

RageReaoer

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 05 June 2013 - 04:54 AM

so what warpportal are telling us here is no matter how hard you have worked to get the founders title we are just going to make it totally pointless to have it, BUT WAIT theres more!!!!!!

i was having it out on the RO2 facebook page and i quote from the message the mods posted to my question. (Just a heads up yes that is my name)

Tim Cropper why dont you just leave it as it is because the amount of ppl im my guild in game are already going nuts about this nerf or just drop it to +20 +20 +20 +20 +25 because it will still be worth having it but not as powerful, i personally been playing this game from the steam launch and it brings back memories of RO this is why i play it now. just dont kill it 1 month after launch please
Like · Reply · 6 hours ago

Tim Cropper you know if you nerf the founders title your going to have a lot of rage on your hands and properly alot of ppl will see this as making it upfair to all the ppl that worked hard to get the title and quit the game ive seen this before in other games.....
Like · Reply · 8 hours ago

to which you responded

Ragnarok Online 2 And my last post before 30 minute nap shower and back to office.

Title item: will get a level restriction of 40. The title itself will keep stats you all saw in the window. So consume the title item NOW to avoid the lvl restriction.

The costumes, will remain as is permanently.

In the end we made a mistake in oversight weeks ago, and we are doing all we can now to make it right.

Like · Reply · 11 · 6 hours ago

Edited by RageReaoer, 05 June 2013 - 04:57 AM.

#775 kerida

kerida

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 36 posts

Posted 05 June 2013 - 05:00 AM

kinda disappointed that the level requirement to use the title got upped to 40. I used to have the time to no-life it, but I'm such a casual now that to even scrape together a single level 30 before the deadline was a challenge for me, and it feels like the carrot keeps getting moved on me. Hadn't had a chance to use the title item yet and now I'm told I'll have to wait another 10 levels? I get that keeping the stats that were written in the game was already a huge concession but it's still a sucky move, especially right after learning that I could have saved myself the rush to 30 and just left my computer on over the weekend and gotten it way easy mode.

As for stats on costumes, it astounds me that this wasn't thought of. If you give people something and make mention NO WHERE that it's temporary, of course they're going to assume it's permanent, not some one-month deal. Temporary stuff is a huge, huge turn-off to spending actual cash on this game and I think the staff is going the wrong direction by having so much of it. Add some randomness to those micro-transactions; people will pay for a chance at rare (cosmetic) goods, and it's an easy way to rake in money and keep the game from being p2w. People are far less likely to pay for a temporary surety.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users