Patch Notes (6/5/13) - Page 32 - Ragnarok 2 Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

Patch Notes (6/5/13)

• Please log in to reply
868 replies to this topic

#776 ODKN

ODKN

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 939 posts
  • Location????, Nebraska
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:Odin

Posted 05 June 2013 - 05:01 AM

Yawn... Guess it really didn't escalate to 120 page. <_<

#777 Vaelastrasz

Vaelastrasz

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 293 posts

Posted 05 June 2013 - 05:20 AM

Yawn... Guess it really didn't escalate to 120 page. <_<

It is not over yet, there might be another war when WP fails only a little bit now ^^

#778 RageReaoer

RageReaoer

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 05 June 2013 - 05:23 AM

update from there facebook page so i hope the rage and flame die down before the post gets locked XD

Posted Image

Ragnarok Online 2

6 hours ago

Facebook does leave a bit to be desired when trying to update those following a thread, comments trying to clarify end up buried instead of sent to the top.

So to clarify the concern of the Founder title and the 3 Monthly special costumes "Tuxedo", "Wedding Dress", and "Recruit's Outfit"; they will maintain their full bonus permanently, so those with them get what they read they would get. We always want to make sure you are well informed of what you are getting before making decisions, in this case it was not clear enough, so we are making sure you do not get disadvantaged by our oversight.

#779 rosechelle

rosechelle

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 90 posts

Posted 05 June 2013 - 05:26 AM

"We always want to make sure you are well informed of what you are getting before making decisions, in this case it was not clear enough, so we are making sure you do not get disadvantaged by our oversight."

trolllolololol
haha

#780 Vaelastrasz

Vaelastrasz

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 293 posts

Posted 05 June 2013 - 05:29 AM

No problem, lets drill your playtime otherwise by input more p2w stuff like ali baba costume set :x

#781 Sanzei

Sanzei

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 05 June 2013 - 05:39 AM

Rift is going F2P on June 12. Pretty fun game.

Yep, it'll be Rift, at least until blade & soul gets released. -_- WP, retarded fkn company

#782 Rockyx

Rockyx

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 123 posts
  • LocationEville
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online 2

Posted 05 June 2013 - 05:45 AM

Why do you guys keel saying p2w. This is a f2p mmo and the servers and admins have to get paid somehow. If there were no incentives to buy from them all you have is a dead game with no updates and no management. Stop saying p2w.

#783 rosechelle

rosechelle

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 90 posts

Posted 05 June 2013 - 05:46 AM

p2w :P

#784 HeavenOnEarth

HeavenOnEarth

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 82 posts
  • LocationWashington, DC
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 05 June 2013 - 05:52 AM

i guess, back to normal
Posted Image
This time, i'll be more cautious on buying kafra items
Posted Image
Posted Image

XOXO
Posted Image

Edited by HeavenOnEarth, 05 June 2013 - 06:08 AM.

#785 Nagittchi

Nagittchi

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 95 posts

Posted 05 June 2013 - 05:54 AM

Why do you guys keel saying p2w. This is a f2p mmo and the servers and admins have to get paid somehow. If there were no incentives to buy from them all you have is a dead game with no updates and no management. Stop saying p2w.

Because there's a difference between P2W and an actual F2P game without P2W. Since it's against the rules to name competitors, I'll just give out hints without naming the games. There's one certain kind of MOBA game out there that you can pay for the characters and cosmetics. However, you can unlock these characters by grinding, it will be a long grind, but at least you can still unlock them through gameplay. And guess what? Out of all the F2P games out in the market, this is widely known as the most successful F2P game out there.

Another game I play has premium cosmetics, but it does nothing to boost your actual stats. The weapons in game can be bought in cash at the maximum of $10 per weapon (at intervals of 2.50, 7.00, then finally 10.00) but you can unlock these weapons easily with ingame exp.

Now comparing these two examples to a "P2W" model, P2W games sell items that give a significant advantage EXCLUSIVELY to people who pay. Explorer potions can't be bought by NPCs, costumes that you need to pay for have stats, etc.

The worst thing to come out of Asian developers is the lottery cash system. Look how many people spent hundreds just to get a certain costume they wanted.

Edited by Nagittchi, 05 June 2013 - 05:55 AM.

#786 1587130515050557537

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 05 June 2013 - 06:00 AM

Meh...
For me p2w means that people playing have an unfair advantage over others. +10 to all stats is a neat boost but not an unfaire advantage.
Plus, most of those can be found in the AH.
Right now almost anybody can have those stuff too since they are everywhere in the AH/stores.

I do rather the system of the 2 other games we won't mention but it's not exactly fair to compare moba to a mmorpg...

#787 Vanillarox

Vanillarox

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 224 posts
  • LocationSomewhere on a train.

Posted 05 June 2013 - 06:09 AM

Thank you addressing all the problems the users had about costumes and the Founder title. I think you handled it well at the end of the day. It may take some time to earn the trust back from paying customers, but this was a great step forward.

#788 HeavenOnEarth

HeavenOnEarth

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 82 posts
  • LocationWashington, DC

Posted 05 June 2013 - 06:13 AM

Thank you addressing all the problems the users had about costumes and the Founder title. I think you handled it well at the end of the day. It may take some time to earn the trust back from paying customers, but this was a great step forward.

IKR Gurl!!!
They better make this up to earn my trust again.
Posted Image

#789 3738130502182206073

I am New.

• Members
  • 7 posts
  • LocationSeattle

Posted 05 June 2013 - 06:13 AM

Suggested fix for costumes (although only the Tux and Dress are named specifically, Recruit & Replacements are also intended to be addressed):

• Remove the Tux and Wedding Dress from the roll of the box. The item can no longer be "obtained" from a box. This preserves some value and rarity to the item regardless if the item is +10 stats or +5 stats.
  • Drop the stats of the Tux and Dress to match that of the replacement gear (Goth Guy/Goth Gal & future replacements). All replacements sets will discontinue the previous set (discontinue their "roll" from the box) preserving some value and rarity of each set that follows another.

(or)

The Tux and Wedding Dress stats shall remain at +10. New "replacement" sets shall have the same stats at +10.
  • All "Stat" sets to not exceed a specified amount of stats.
  • A costume that has stats, at any point in time, continues to have stats even after a "new" set has been released.
  • If a new item is intended to "drop all stats" a warning on the item shall be included. The warning shall resemble that of the "Available for 30 days" however it shall include "Item and Stats available for X days". An update to the "Costume Extension" purchasable with Myunels Coupons shall be implemented to state "Only the appearance of the item shall be extended. Aditional stats will remain expired."

Edited by 3738130502182206073, 05 June 2013 - 06:25 AM.

#790 9112130504034320237

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 83 posts

Posted 05 June 2013 - 06:21 AM

Plus, most of those can be found in the AH.
Right now almost anybody can have those stuff too since they are everywhere in the AH/stores.

Most people don't have 20 000 zeny to spend on a single item in the AH...

#791 DarkwingGT

DarkwingGT

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 32 posts

Posted 05 June 2013 - 06:26 AM

I guess what's done is done, but announcing to us to use the title NOW but doing so AFTER basically all East Coast already is asleep and then starting maintenance while we're all at work...ugh.

It's not a big deal but still sucks IMO.

#792 HeavenOnEarth

HeavenOnEarth

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 82 posts
  • LocationWashington, DC

Posted 05 June 2013 - 06:27 AM

I guess what's done is done, but announcing to us to use the title NOW but doing so AFTER basically all East Coast already is asleep and then starting maintenance while we're all at work...ugh.

I'm from East Coast too.
Posted Image
XOXO

#793 Rockyx

Rockyx

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 123 posts
  • LocationEville

Posted 05 June 2013 - 06:32 AM

Suggested fix for costumes (although only the Tux and Dress are named specifically, Recruit & Replacements are also intended to be addressed):

• Remove the Tux and Wedding Dress from the roll of the box. The item can no longer be "obtained" from a box. This preserves some value and rarity to the item regardless if the item is +10 stats or +5 stats.
  • Drop the stats of the Tux and Dress to match that of the replacement gear (Goth Guy/Goth Gal & future replacements). All replacements sets will discontinue the previous set (discontinue their "roll" from the box) preserving some value and rarity of each set that follows another.

(or)

The Tux and Wedding Dress stats shall remain at +10. New "replacement" sets shall have the same stats at +10.
  • All "Stat" sets to not exceed a specified amount of stats.
  • A costume that has stats, at any point in time, continues to have stats even after a "new" set has been released.
  • If a new item is intended to "drop all stats" a warning on the item shall be included. The warning shall resemble that of the "Available for 30 days" however it shall include "Item and Stats available for X days". An update to the "Costume Extension" purchasable with Myunels Coupons shall be implemented to state "Only the appearance of the item shall be extended. Aditional stats will remain expired."

They are being removed. They were monthly items. You can never get them again from box. +10 stat is not a big deal. As they can never have more than 1 rune hole now they can never be op. Of course its just my speculation, otherwise it would be op. And once again if there no people spending money on a f2p you just have a dead laggy game that phases out. Even p2p mmos got phased out because of low community base.

Edited by Rockyx, 05 June 2013 - 06:37 AM.

#794 9112130504034320237

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 83 posts

Posted 05 June 2013 - 06:32 AM

I'm from East Coast too.
"annoying gif"
XOXO

Stop, please.

#795 HeavenOnEarth

HeavenOnEarth

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 82 posts
  • LocationWashington, DC

Posted 05 June 2013 - 06:35 AM

Stop, please.

And who are you?
Posted Image

Edited by HeavenOnEarth, 05 June 2013 - 06:36 AM.

#796 Vanillarox

Vanillarox

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 224 posts
  • LocationSomewhere on a train.

Posted 05 June 2013 - 06:36 AM

The timing is a bit wonky, sure. I agree. It doesn't affect me personally, but I can see the issue. Oh well. You can just wait until 40 I guess. This is still a step in the right direction. As much crap as we gave them (myself included) I think this has been a nice compromise. They gave the users what they wanted. Recruit/Tux/Wedding Dress will keep their stats and so will Founder. What's nicer is that they balanced Founder as well. Overall I think this was handled in the best possible way, given their earlier mistake.

#797 Nugeki

Nugeki

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 188 posts

Posted 05 June 2013 - 06:39 AM

A lot of people are way to serious.

-Investing your money into an online game, for Digital game items, is at your own risk.
-Paying for overly priced costumes for a marginal stat boost, is at your own risk.
-Investing a lot of time into a MMORPG in general has a risk, of the game eventually going a different direction, and or game mechanics or functions being changed..

-People were making the SAME radical comments about RAGNAROK ONLINE 1

People threatened to leave RO1, and never come back etc. etc. etc., and 10 years later Gravity has even more games, and has continued to grow.

At the end of the day:

-They did not want to make the initial changes (the intended to implement) to hurt you, the player base
-Banking all your time and effort on one Title, and or obtaining one specific Costume is a little silly (putting all your eggs in one basket).
-You will continue to play this game, and continue to spend kafra points
-If you don't however, other people will and they will remain profitable.
-Mabye you will quit this game, and take your business else where .....which is fine you have every right to you are the consumer!.
-And if you do quit, the game will be waiting for you when you inevitably come back

If you've been around the MMORPG spectrum for a while,this is a slight bruise compared to what OTHER MMORPGS have had happened in their games involving the player base.

The community managers, of iro & iro2 care a lot about this game, and well being of us, the players. Many times when certain things pop up, or have to changed they have to oblige by them because their hands are literally tied by GRAVITY, who at the end of the day determines what you can and CAN'T do with their licensed product.

TLDR:

Calm down things will be fine.
Cut the Community managers slack
Stop putting all your eggs in one basket for future events.

#798 Rockyx

Rockyx

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 123 posts
  • LocationEville

Posted 05 June 2013 - 06:40 AM

Lol they posted it around 10pm pet so it was only around 1am est. Who actually sleeps that early x.X

#799 Zechrem

Zechrem

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 210 posts

Posted 05 June 2013 - 06:40 AM

"We always want to make sure you are well informed of what you are getting before making decisions, in this case it was not clear enough, so we are making sure you do not get disadvantaged by our oversight."

trolllolololol
haha

How about... We messed up, had bad planning, had a screw loose when we were drunk at a meeting discussing future events, No read engrish bad translation sowwy, etc etc... or maybe a sorry? (No need for user compensation for every little mistake as it breeds the "im entitled" mentality) But I fail to see how anything was clear in the first place. An actual apology would be great and not a drafted letter made for generic all encompassing oops/facepalm/ahahahahha .... I.e. don't sound robotic or automated. Too bad I didn't get the notice about the use the title now till late... Had graveyard... sonuva grrrrrrr.... I'll just go take out my frustration at the gym.

Edited by Zechrem, 05 June 2013 - 06:43 AM.

#800 Eulee

Eulee

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 41 posts
  • Server:1

Posted 05 June 2013 - 06:42 AM

Lol they posted it around 10pm pet so it was only around 1am est. Who actually sleeps that early x.X

I don't, I'm nocturnal, I haven't gone to sleep yet though (currently have insomnia from it being too warm inside house)

Edited by Eulee, 05 June 2013 - 06:43 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users