Patch Notes (6/5/13) - Page 5 - Ragnarok 2 Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

Patch Notes (6/5/13)

• Please log in to reply
868 replies to this topic

#101 Varunax

Varunax

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 386 posts
  • LocationNetherworld
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 04 June 2013 - 05:39 PM

The founder title is not even overpowered. It's supposed to be a reward for players who reached Lv.30 by now. You think after a year or two that newbs are still going to be flocking around with founder titles? No, it'll be held on to be like a few dozen people who have stayed with the game.

It got nerfed so bad that the Lv.10 titles are better than it. Why would anyone spend their time reaching Lv.30 for a title as good as a Lv.10 title?

The Founder Title was a huge waste of time and unnecessary hype. I don't know what the developers were thinking, but this is retarded change considering other games give rewards and rare equipment to players who participated in beta and early release.

Also, why the stat change on the costumes? It seems like a huge scam to just hype up people to buy stat costumes and then swap them out and make them completely useless.

#102 5533130503203342460

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 34 posts

Retarded game.
Ok im done with this, later ro2

#103 Kalandros

Kalandros

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1476 posts
  • LocationQuébec
  • Server:Yggdrasil

Marketing scheme??..

Marketing Scam.

#104 Bufkus

Bufkus

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 72 posts

Yes, why did you waste your time playing alts that you wanted to have in the first place? <_<

the point is that this event forced people to spend more hours on the game because they wanted their characters to be the best they could be. and now it turns out all the time they spent was wasted. a lot of people also wasted money on exp boosts so they could get to level 30 faster.

it was pure deception intended to milk customers out of money. complete garbage and deceptive.

#105 acroshin

acroshin

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 54 posts

The notes contain the stats the development team had planned for the Founder title from the start.

We wish that we could provide a title that overpowered, but it wasn't in the cards.

The intention was to provide a unique title that will never be available again in the game.

Yea...but...you knew why people were doing this event for. The stats. If that's the case you shouldve warned us ahead of time that you had no intention of keeping the stats the way they were. Instead you just...waited until we finally got them, THEN dropped the bomb on us. Not even a day. I mean how is that professional?

And yea, I'm sorry, but why nerf the stats on costumes that people spent real, money for. There's no reason to nerf it, people bought your product for what you've advertise it for, and quite frankly, people who choose to spend money on your game deserve to have the perks of it.

I've...never seen a company that does this, and honestly it's insulting. On the first month of the game's release too. I think some of you need to go over your standards because trust me, I've seen it, companies that take advantage of their players will lose them.

#106 Roarpowz

Roarpowz

I am New.

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 04 June 2013 - 05:40 PM

I can understand the nerf to the stats of the founder title, 30 stats was too strong. You guys also had an entire MONTH to decide that it was too strong and that it was nerfed. You guys have no excuse to that. People left their computers on, played this repetitive game leveling alts they wouldn't really care about. Spent more time on this game when they should have doing the same things over and over just to get slapped. Great way to start your community off right.

What I don't understand is how Baphomet slayer is still a weaker title than goblin slayer etc (HAHAHAHAHAHA)

Before you guys go off and nerf a title you give us, you might want to fix out the other titles that people earn because theres no other new mmos to play atm.

#107 Yooji

Yooji

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 243 posts
  • LocationNorth Korea
  • Server:Odin

and I actually wanted to power up tomorrow lol.

and here I thought you'll do better than SEA, .. you're actually worse.

someone should make a comparison list SEA vs NA, to make it more obvious to the blind people and white knights.

#108 electrolights

electrolights

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 150 posts

Additionally, Founder SHOULD be OP. We should be rewarded for, well, being "founder"s of the game by playing when it is new.

You led people on to leveling alts for 4 weeks, and then playing a collective 60 out of 72 hours to earn them, only to nerf them. This is sickening.

#109 LTNX

LTNX

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 47 posts
  • LocationSouth Prontera Field
  • Playing:Nothing

I was pissed when I heard about the "extra Founder title Event" where you get the title for simply being logged in(afking) after I had leveled SEVEN characters to 30, all using battle manuals. I got over it, but this time, this is just too much. This is very unprofessional. It was a lot of work I put into my alts and I had other things I would've done if I knew this -_- was gonna happen. I did it because the title was worth it and now they make it absolutely useless. They probably didn't expect to hand out so many titles from that "extra title event" and are trying to compensate for it now by nerfing it. Should have just stuck to the level 30 event and not put some -_-ty afk event and have to nerf the title now.

Edited by LTNX, 04 June 2013 - 06:25 PM.

#110 Shilenne

Shilenne

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 28 posts

Posted 04 June 2013 - 05:41 PM

There is a subforum called Game Events it has been there the whole time, plus there is a search feature.

The founder title was for free, WP did not state the 30 to all stat, the game did. The only false advertising here was the Recruit Costume and Tuxedo.

Someone please show me a post that a WP staff said Founder title is 30 to all stat.

The fact that the title was in game for all to see, and that they did NOT in ANY WAY previously clarify that the title is "BROKEN CURRENTLY" is false advertisement. Any acts that intentionally sends out a clear but misleading message is false advertisement.

#111 Bufkus

Bufkus

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 72 posts

There is a subforum called Game Events it has been there the whole time, plus there is a search feature.

The founder title was for free, WP did not state the 30 to all stat, the game did. The only false advertising here was the Recruit Costume and Tuxedo.

Someone please show me a post that a WP staff said Founder title is 30 to all stat.

Do you work for WP? why are you posting this uninformed BS?

They should have told us that the stats would not match the stats of the founder title in game. Everyone already knew the stats on the founder title. There is zero reason to nerf the title. They are only doing this out of spite to destroy and hurt their customer base because they already got their money from them.

#112 Baddiez

Baddiez

Too Legit To Quit

• Members - No Report
  • 1636 posts
  • Server:Blade and Soul

Having such an overpowered title would make *all but two* titles worthless. The last thing any sane person wants to do is invalidate every other title, especially since some of them are so hard to obtain.

"Oh, hey, I just killed Maya on Hard without anyone dieing and got this sweet ass title that some dude got for AFKing!"

I was mad about the title but actually good for all those fkkers who afk'd i think it sucks for those who leveled but w.e now i can get the wedding and tux cheaper :)

#113 Krosscut

Krosscut

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 30 posts

Posted 04 June 2013 - 05:42 PM

Are you kidding me? I got my character to 30 for a tittle that is useless to me? This is the worst thing you can do to us. If this does happen there will be a storm of rage even worse than there is right now.

#114 Shilenne

Shilenne

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 28 posts

I can understand the nerf to the stats of the founder title, 30 stats was too strong. You guys also had an entire MONTH to decide that it was too strong and that it was nerfed. You guys have no excuse to that. People left their computers on, played this repetitive game leveling alts they wouldn't really care about. Spent more time on this game when they should have doing the same things over and over just to get slapped. Great way to start your community off right.

What I don't understand is how Baphomet slayer is still a weaker title than goblin slayer etc (HAHAHAHAHAHA)

Before you guys go off and nerf a title you give us, you might want to fix out the other titles that people earn because theres no other new mmos to play atm.

Don't get them started, next thing you know Goblin Slayers will give you +1 to all stats.

#115 Kalandros

Kalandros

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1476 posts
  • LocationQuébec
  • Server:Yggdrasil

They left the Founder Title up for view in the Titles list since the release of the game.

It showed the exact stats, it was being advertised as it was .

#116 Lelirunae

Lelirunae

I am New.

• Members
  • 4 posts

Are you ****ing kidding me?! :ani_bzz: After all that? .... *Gets popcorn* I'm just going to sit here and watch you lose customers! =D

#117 8619130505082914297

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 52 posts

and I actually wanted to power up tomorrow lol.

and here I thought you'll do better than SEA, .. you're actually worse.

someone should make a comparison list SEA vs NA, to make it more obvious to the blind people and white knights.

This.

I want to see Kr, Sea and NA comparsion.

#118 zi0matrlx

zi0matrlx

I am New.

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 04 June 2013 - 05:43 PM

The notes contain the stats the development team had planned for the Founder title from the start.

We wish that we could provide a title that overpowered, but it wasn't in the cards.

The intention was to provide a unique title that will never be available again in the game.

Nobody cares about titles, except for the stats they give. Doing this just shafted a huge amount of dedicated players. Maybe the GM's and Admins can justify it this way, but it would've been really freakin nice if maybe, just MAYBE, this little tidbit of information was added ON THE ACTUAL EVENT PAGE. I really did like this game and thought about spending some hard earned money on reasonably priced cash shop items. I even forgave all the terrible spelling mistakes. Nerfing this founder title has solidified my decision to never spend a dollar on this game unless the title remains the same.

Here's what I bet happened: a bunch of Colosseum players (PvP) moaned about this being overpowered. There's no other place this title would feel overpowered in PvE. What, would the AI complain?

Solution? Lets nerf it. I have a feeling they couldn't figure out how to disable certain titles from PvP so they decided to do this instead.

However, I'm willing to compromise; let the people who earned founder use it for the rest of June. Then nerf it after. Let us reap some rewards at least! Of course I'd rather everyone keep it, and restrict it to PvE use only but hey- one of us has to be reasonable.

#119 ODKN

ODKN

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 939 posts
  • Location????, Nebraska

the point is that this event forced people to spend more hours on the game because they wanted their characters to be the best they could be. and now it turns out all the time they spent was wasted. a lot of people also wasted money on exp boosts so they could get to level 30 faster.

it was pure deception intended to milk customers out of money. complete garbage and deceptive.

Oh Please!

Nobody *forced* you to play for the Founder title. <_< You all did it because you wanted your alts to be super powered for the rest of the game.

Edited by ODKN, 04 June 2013 - 05:43 PM.

#120 Grimly

Grimly

I am New.

• Members
  • 4 posts

Isn't this something you (the warpportal team should have been figuring out in the beta phase?

#121 Shilenne

Shilenne

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 28 posts

I was mad about the title but actually good for all those fkkers who afk'd i think it sucks for those who leveled but w.e now i can get the wedding and tux cheaper :)

Must be one of those people that didn't pay a cent for anything in the game. I'm sure the game with all free to play players and no paying ones will thrive because they can afford to pay their employees.

#122 Jubango

Jubango

I am New.

• Members
  • 6 posts

I forgot to mention that I spent $400 on a computer so that my girlfriend and I could play this cluster-_- of a game together.

#123 1361130506211052787

I am New.

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 04 June 2013 - 05:44 PM

when i started playing i honestly had high hopes for this game in comparison to prior free2play games ive played, so much so that i actually put in about 100us for kafra cash but after seeing these patch notes ive lost all hope for this game being anything decent not to mention even after four patches there has been no fix for the dungeon finder that is still utterly busted but i guess fixing things that don't precisely relate to fleecing people of money is arguably trivial.

#124 Jubango

Jubango

I am New.

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 04 June 2013 - 05:44 PM

I forgot to mention that I spent $400 on a computer so that my girlfriend and I could play this cluster-_- of a game together.

#125 Scott

Scott

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1590 posts

Posted 04 June 2013 - 05:45 PM

Wowee. Sure glad I quit. Having such a fuss over this founder event, and then nerfing it not even a week into people being able to use it. Maybe your patch notes should be more in depth as to what the Kafra shop items do. And maybe you shouldn't push these massive evens to artificially increase your playerbase to then nerf the reason people were even playing not even a week later.

Edited by Scott, 04 June 2013 - 05:46 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users