Regarding Founder Title Change - Page 10 - Ragnarok 2 Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

Regarding Founder Title Change

• Please log in to reply
291 replies to this topic

#226 zeesnippy

zeesnippy

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 04 June 2013 - 10:41 PM

._.7

#227 AiLied

AiLied

I am New.

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 04 June 2013 - 10:42 PM

I really hope the rest of the titles I'm supposed to get come before the maintenance so I can use them....

#228 5533130503203342460

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 34 posts

Posted 04 June 2013 - 10:57 PM

not giving another single cent to this game, kbye

#229 Retni

Retni

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 15 posts
  • LocationStealing your donuts.
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 04 June 2013 - 10:58 PM

And my last post before 30 minute nap shower and back to office.

Title item: will get a level restriction of 40. The title itself will keep stats you all saw in the window. So consume the title item NOW to avoid the lvl restriction.

The costumes, will remain as is permanently.

In the end we made a mistake in oversight weeks ago, and we are doing all we can now to make it right.

Oh hey.
You guys actually did the one thing that would stop a lot of people from quitting.

Thanks for giving me at least a little faith back, though I'll be a bit more cautious in the future, I have to admit.

#230 Xerain

Xerain

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 214 posts

Posted 04 June 2013 - 11:00 PM

Any chance of yo guys statless Wedding Dress and Tux added int eh future to be part of that costume creation system? There's plenty of people who never cared about the stats who will now never be able to get them, as they're going to be the single most valuable items in the game for a long long time. This could also have negative long term effects on whatever wedding system may or may not be developed for the game in the future.

#231 Windsilk

Windsilk

I am New.

• Members
  • 8 posts
  • Server:Odin

Posted 04 June 2013 - 11:10 PM

Would it be possible to postpone putting the level requirement on the founder title until next week's maintenance or something? I'm still missing a lot of my founder titles I was supposed to get and put in a support ticket for it already but I'm worried I'm not going to get them before the patch today.

#232 HopeSama

HopeSama

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 763 posts
  • LocationIn my secret Paradise...
  • Server:Re-Chaos(Ymir/Loki)

Posted 04 June 2013 - 11:12 PM

Any chance of yo guys statless Wedding Dress and Tux added int eh future to be part of that costume creation system? There's plenty of people who never cared about the stats who will now never be able to get them, as they're going to be the single most valuable items in the game for a long long time. This could also have negative long term effects on whatever wedding system may or may not be developed for the game in the future.

Or they could make an entirely new wedding outfit for the wedding system whenever that happens too. I see that as a possibility anyways >>;
Extravagant Wedding Dress & Noble Tuxedo? lol

#233 stoicsquirrel

stoicsquirrel

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 13 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC
  • Server:Odin, usually Channel 8

Posted 04 June 2013 - 11:32 PM

Same here...should have gotten at least three titles, only got one. Ticket submitted, hoping the extras come before maintenance, as there are a LOT of people with this same issue - just check the other posts on the boards...

Would it be possible to postpone putting the level requirement on the founder title until next week's maintenance or something? I'm still missing a lot of my founder titles I was supposed to get and put in a support ticket for it already but I'm worried I'm not going to get them before the patch today.

#234 Takoyakioc

Takoyakioc

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 10 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 04 June 2013 - 11:35 PM

(sarcasm) Thanks to that title nerf! wow! (/sarcasm).

All +12 with +16 Vit to each that is still useless enough for the effort I've put on. Now it upset me to think I've been risking overheating my laptop for few days, time to level up my alts, not to mention that electricity during the afk time. I'd have spent the time instead on doing other stuffs, of course it's my choice & my own fault to choose to spend that much time on trying to get the titles, but IF IT WASN'T THE ADVERTISED STATS, I WOULD CHOOSE TO SLEEP ENOUGH, GET MORE OTHER STUFF DONE INSTEAD! I feel like I've been scammed & trolled a big time, well done!

Seriously if you were to make an event, make sure you plan really well before releasing it, MAKE THE REWARD AS ADVERTISED! ESPECIALLY IF IT WASN'T INTENDED THIS WAY, LET THE PLAYER KNOW ASAP NOT WHEN THE EVENT ENDED (Does it really need to take a whole month long for you to finally think it's overpowered???)! THIS IS JUST TOO UNPROFESSIONAL AND DROP THE TRUST OF ALL OF YOUR FELLOW PLAYERS! This also mean no one will ever care nor believer your future advertised event anymore!!!!!! This could result with some rage quit players, less participants of future events, and less in-game activity because people think the game is a scam and they can find a better enjoyment thru other games out there.

In addition to the adjusted stats, if you were not to make it overpowered & still attractive, why don't you put it same stat as +1 above Einherjar????? or at least same as it, oh boy like i care about the Founder title if the stats weren't attractive. All my level 30 already characters can get a better title not long after using the Founder title anyway. It it were to mean something special, I can sincerely tell you, it's not at all & not anymore with the adjustment. I do not care of one more useless title!!!!!!

#235 inuko23

inuko23

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1182 posts
  • Server:Chaos, Odin (RO2)

Posted 04 June 2013 - 11:39 PM

^they've already said that it will have the same stats but they will add a lvl 40 restriction to it after maintenance

Title item: will get a level restriction of 40. The title itself will keep stats you all saw in the window. So consume the title item NOW to avoid the lvl restriction.

In the end we made a mistake in oversight weeks ago, and we are doing all we can now to make it right.

Edited by inuko23, 04 June 2013 - 11:39 PM.

#236 zeesnippy

zeesnippy

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 04 June 2013 - 11:39 PM

All +12 with +16 Vit to each that is still useless enough for the effort I've put on. Now it upset me to think I've been risking overheating my laptop for few days, time to level up my alts, not to mention that electricity during the afk time. I'd have spent the time instead on doing other stuffs, of course it's my choice & my own fault to choose to spend that much time on trying to get the titles, but IF IT WASN'T THE ADVERTISED STATS, I WOULD CHOOSE TO SLEEP ENOUGH, GET MORE OTHER STUFF DONE INSTEAD! I feel like I've been scammed & trolled a big time, well done!

Seriously if you were to make an event, make sure you plan really well before releasing it, MAKE THE REWARD AS ADVERTISED! ESPECIALLY IF IT WASN'T INTENDED THIS WAY, LET THE PLAYER KNOW ASAP NOT WHEN THE EVENT ENDED (Does it really need to take a whole month long for you to finally think it's overpowered???)! THIS IS JUST TOO UNPROFESSIONAL AND DROP THE TRUST OF ALL OF YOUR FELLOW PLAYERS! This also mean no one will ever care nor believer your future advertised event anymore!!!!!! This could result with some rage quit players, less participants of future events, and less in-game activity because people think the game is a scam and they can find a better enjoyment thru other games out there.

In addition to the adjusted stats, if you were not to make it overpowered & still attractive, why don't you put it same stat as +1 above Einherjar????? or at least same as it, oh boy like i care about the Founder title if the stats weren't attractive. All my level 30 already characters can get a better title not long after using the Founder title anyway. It it were to mean something special, I can sincerely tell you, it's not at all & not anymore with the adjustment. I do not care of one more useless title!!!!!!

slowpoke

#237 xMortred

xMortred

I am New.

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 05 June 2013 - 12:00 AM

People really need to actually read the posts O.o

#238 Takoyakioc

Takoyakioc

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 05 June 2013 - 12:11 AM

People really need to actually read the posts O.o

That's because I was reading the all other posts before reading the final update about the stat, & was afk & browsing around before finally post it. It does not mean I didn't read the post, I was just being slow at hitting the submit button before re-checking the update again. Yes i am slow but I still admit it. Sorry about my late rage.

Also they need to delay the level restriction to consume the title, because most of us including myself still missing some of them. While I am sure that I have enough login time during the 2nd Founder event + characters to 30 before 1st Founder event ended. Already submitted a ticket, hope it comes through.

Edited by Takoyakioc, 05 June 2013 - 12:15 AM.

#239 Mukou

Mukou

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 58 posts

Posted 05 June 2013 - 12:26 AM

Thank you :thx:

#240 Despress

Despress

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 69 posts

Posted 05 June 2013 - 12:49 AM

if you all quit , i wonder what will happens...

#241 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

My Offline Life is Nonexistent.

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts
  • Server:Sakray->Iris->Ymir->Chaos

Posted 05 June 2013 - 01:18 AM

We'll be just like iRO?

#242 Wuhh

Wuhh

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 97 posts

Posted 05 June 2013 - 01:40 AM

So do I get this right?

There is an additional event to get the Founder title on our sub-level 30 characters aswell.
And then the title suddenly gets a level 40 requirement.

What's with the players that had no chance to play the game today? They surely won't be amused.

#243 1587130515050557537

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 15 posts
  • Server:Odin

Posted 05 June 2013 - 01:46 AM

So much back pedalling. If there were an Olympic sport, you'd probably get at least a silver.

If everyone in the community could be so fully aware of the founder title, how could you guys let it slip for so, so, soooo long? And on top of that, whoever approved of those patchnotes going out in that manner? I guess this is what happens when you have minimal control over your product. Do the CMs actually play the game in any meaningful way (As in being forced to play on at least 1 character like regular players) to best understand the needs of the players?

I quit RO2 before the month was even up, and literally the ONE thing that kept me going as long as I did was the prospect of the Founder title, as it was.

It's nice to hear you guys didn't knowingly inflict this on the players, but even worse, is you didn't even know. About your own product. About something you're making money off. The fact that you didn't know is just so much worse, as it speaks volumes about your team.

Ever worked in the gaming industry, especially on a project of such scale?
Obviously they made a (couple of) mistake but it happens.
Decision makers are clearly not the ones playing the game the most, and people with power are usually the ones worrying about money (and monetization), and clearly not (at least not directly) about bugs ingame or community management. Call it how you want, the founder title visible is a bug, as well as the temporary bonus not being clearly labeled. When you see how many bugs are ingame you can understand dev team is focused on other things, they most likeley do play the game alot but on the new content not on the live one.

I'm actually impressed they managed to stir up to the VP to make the "right" (=popular) decisions so fast.

Clearly both the wedding dress and the title are OP and will unbalance the game for people starting now.
You can say what you want about this, right now 95% of level 50 players are using it, proof it's the best (easy) title to have. I'm not even talking about lower level players who get a significant boost and shouldn't even bother doing khara quests for title anymore.
The wedding dress error will have significant monetary impact in the game as no temporary outfit with similar stats will appeal to users unless it's way cheaper.

Again they did a mistake and they are dealing with it the right way, let's wait and see to see the impact but congratz on the reactivity.

#244 Zictren

Zictren

I am New.

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 05 June 2013 - 01:56 AM

I'm pretty upset that this event succumbed to those who were level 30+ with x amount of hours played and not all character levels or even 20+ with x amount of hours played. I spent majority of the time leveling and crafting etc, but having well over the correct time on game necessary to be a "Founder" yet since I am under level 30 I received nothing. That is very disheartening considering here I am with the rest of you all, yet nothing is to come of it. Will there be any compensation for the players who spent the time earning the Founders titles and weren't level 30 or are we SoL?

#245 UAEG

UAEG

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 05 June 2013 - 02:25 AM

Warpportal is not responsible for those who came in the last minute or those who didn't give much effort everything was clear from the beginning. At the beginning the founder title was only for those who get level 30 in the first 10 days. It was extended to 1st of June. Then again to 3rd of June. If they will keep extending what's the point of it being an event?

The only thing they take responsibility for is the status we saw and we put efforts to get. It was a mistake it shouldn't have shown to us should have been blank until they day they give it they said that. However, because it was a mistake they dealt with it positively and that they should be thanked for.

For those who came late or who couldn't get level 30 chars there is still plenty of other things and founder title. First there is another title stronger than this one. second you shouldn't be angry at WP because you didn't get the time to play or because you came late. Everyone should know that it's a community thing not player by player.

Thank you all and enjoy

#246 Zictren

Zictren

I am New.

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 05 June 2013 - 02:31 AM

So you wouldn't consider a player who dedicated a few hundred hours in the first 2 months as a Founder of a Game? I sure as heck would.

#247 iJojo

iJojo

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 256 posts
  • Server:ROII - Odin

Posted 05 June 2013 - 02:45 AM

This is the best ending to this issue, really glad WP is listening

Wouldnt you listen if a mob of people rushed you? lol

#248 UAEG

UAEG

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 05 June 2013 - 02:50 AM

Few hundred hours probably for me would have all chars 30+ but so far with the time I got to play and it was exactly the last week of the event I managed to make 6 level 30 chars and 7th was so close :)

#249 Seilen

Seilen

I am New.

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 05 June 2013 - 02:55 AM

I applaud this move. You've shown your commitment to the game and the players, and have most certainly redeemed your image, at least in my view.

#250 jellopyking

jellopyking

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 589 posts
  • Server:skyrim

Posted 05 June 2013 - 02:58 AM

I applaud this move. You've shown your commitment to the game and the players, and have most certainly redeemed your image, at least in my view.

sarcastaball

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users