A message to all the Ragnarok 2 Fans - Ragnarok 2 Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

A message to all the Ragnarok 2 Fans

• Please log in to reply
124 replies to this topic

#1 Heimdallr

Heimdallr

Too Legit To Quit

• Community Managers
  • 3654 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 04 June 2013 - 11:31 PM

This is posted on behalf of Jay Choi,

http://www.playragna...news/article/65

Hello to all RO2 fans,

My name is Jay Choi, VP and COO of Gravity Interactive/WarpPortal.

Today, we made big mistakes as you all saw. Whatever the original intention we had, it was not carried out properly and it is totally our fault that we unintentionally mislead the community by not providing proper information as we should have.

We know there is no way to turn it back or make it up completely. As a company who’s been living with fans of RO and other titles for 10 years, we should have done much better but we failed. There is no excuse and I sincerely would like to apologize.

Our effort to fix and correct our mistake might not be perfect, but we will listen to the community for straight forward suggestions to improve. Do not give up RO2. You are Ragnarok 2.
There are lots of games vying for your attention, but you have chosen RO2 and we will do our best to be deserving of your time and devotion.

Thank you for reading this and I wish to convey our sincerest apology again.

#2 Santaru

Santaru

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 38 posts
  • Server:Odin

Posted 04 June 2013 - 11:33 PM

Thank you for listening.

#3 Destatianon

Destatianon

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 04 June 2013 - 11:34 PM

you can make your first ammends by removing every pay2win aspect from this game. Including Gachapon.

#4 SmiIeKing

SmiIeKing

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 36 posts

Posted 04 June 2013 - 11:35 PM

Thank you.

#5 HeHateMe

HeHateMe

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 137 posts

Posted 04 June 2013 - 11:36 PM

Thank you. It's a start. I have however lost an extreme amount of trust in Gravity/Warp Portal/RO2

Edited by HeHateMe, 04 June 2013 - 11:39 PM.

#6 GuardianTK

GuardianTK

They pay me to post.

• RO Fungineering
  • 9388 posts
  • LocationIn a certain mansion
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:Chaos Renewal + Odin

Posted 04 June 2013 - 11:42 PM

Well that's a person you never hear from every day. Now if only we could get the CEO to speak up sometime in the future............................

#7 AmiiMii

AmiiMii

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1537 posts
  • LocationWarpportal Forums (RO2)

Posted 04 June 2013 - 11:45 PM

Posted Image

Edited by AmiiMii, 04 June 2013 - 11:46 PM.

#8 Ghostar

Ghostar

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 22 posts
  • LocationChucklefish HQ Basement

Posted 04 June 2013 - 11:51 PM

Glad to see something like this. I'm sure a lot of people will rage about "Dats not what we wanted give me money." but I like that they at least apologized for it. :) Shows a step in the right direction.

#9 Fixxry

Fixxry

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 04 June 2013 - 11:58 PM

Just do not follow Asiasoft path. Thanks.

#10 KingKong

KingKong

I made it Off Topic

• Community Moderators
  • 44 posts

Posted 05 June 2013 - 12:00 AM

Yes, it is only the first step and long way to go. I also know that we can't recover the trust you lost but we will do our best to build it again!

-Jay Choi

#11 kingarthur6687

kingarthur6687

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1877 posts
  • Server:iRO Chaos Renewal

Posted 05 June 2013 - 12:00 AM

A proper apology given is a proper apology received. While any trust I've had for Gravity/WP as far as giving them my money has gone back to the drawing board, I am willing to give iRO2 one more chance in light of acknowledgement that what Gravity and WarpPortal tried to do were not right and wanting to make up for it.

I sincerely hope, with this experience, that in times to come any future modifications are communicated thoroughly and openly with the community before they are put into maintenance routines, and that all events are properly choreographed from the beginning with any and all possible "gotchas!" explicitly and clearly laid out so there is no room for confusion or miscommunication.

I for one love Ragnarok Online, it's one of those MMOs that have always had a place in my heart, and it's also a game that I spent part of my childhood growing up with; it's one of those few things in life I can truly be passionate about. I am sure that none of us, both the community and those with Gravity and WarpPortal, wanted any of these unfortunate chain of events to happen, and I hope for the sake of everyone involved with RO2 that this truly never happens again.

Edited by kingarthur6687, 05 June 2013 - 12:02 AM.

#12 KingKong

KingKong

I made it Off Topic

• Community Moderators
  • 44 posts

Posted 05 June 2013 - 12:06 AM

I feel very ashamed to see all the love since we weren't meeting our fans expectations.
Will work closely with development team to make RO2 to accomodate fans suggestions in the future.
Thank you for your support.

Jay Choi

#13 HeHateMe

HeHateMe

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 137 posts

Posted 05 June 2013 - 12:07 AM

Yes, it is only the first step and long way to go. I also know that we can't recover the trust you lost but we will do our best to build it again!

-Jay Choi

I do gotta give You/Him credit. A COO mingling on the forums in a time of high stress and turmoil. I have never seen that.

#14 Yurishica

Yurishica

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 41 posts

Posted 05 June 2013 - 12:11 AM

To Mr. Choi:

You're doing plenty as is. I'm very happy to know we've been listened to (and relatively quickly). Thank you for your message, it's very much appreciated.

To Heimdallr et al:

Thanks for putting up with us in a stressful time like this. V:

#15 englishtealite

englishtealite

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 106 posts

Posted 05 June 2013 - 12:15 AM

People are way too optimistic in believing there is hope, I'm sick of this bulls!@&! about trying to "listening to the community" nonsense, you say 10 years of Ragnarok and you would have never thought such a minor change would create such a monstrosity.

Its not like this patch affected me rather, but good luck reimbursing the people who lost a lot in the process

You cant even fix a simple thing, people shooting through walls in Colosseum for example, something more broken than changing a couple stats on a costume was more of a valid suggestion? ROFL

Edit; No offense though, I enjoy RO2 at times but there's so many flaws in this game, I'm starting to question DEV's and how are cosmetic items more important than the actual mechanics of the game.

Edited by englishtealite, 05 June 2013 - 12:22 AM.

#16 KingKong

KingKong

I made it Off Topic

• Community Moderators
  • 44 posts

Posted 05 June 2013 - 12:24 AM

Understand your frustration. We can't guarantee nothing on the delivery from the development studio but still can do our best to convey fans opinion to studio.
We will do the same thing for RO for sure. RO has more different versions one studio has to support. Toughter to make changes based on suggestions compare to RO2 but let us keep trying, Englishtealite.

Jay Choi

#17 rosechelle

rosechelle

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 90 posts

Posted 05 June 2013 - 12:28 AM

This is posted on behalf of Jay Choi,

http://www.playragna...news/article/65

Hello to all RO2 fans,

My name is Jay Choi, VP and COO of Gravity Interactive/WarpPortal.

Today, we made big mistakes as you all saw. Whatever the original intention we had, it was not carried out properly and it is totally our fault that we unintentionally mislead the community by not providing proper information as we should have.

We know there is no way to turn it back or make it up completely. As a company who’s been living with fans of RO and other titles for 10 years, we should have done much better but we failed. There is no excuse and I sincerely would like to apologize.

Our effort to fix and correct our mistake might not be perfect, but we will listen to the community for straight forward suggestions to improve. Do not give up RO2. You are Ragnarok 2.
There are lots of games vying for your attention, but you have chosen RO2 and we will do our best to be deserving of your time and devotion.

Thank you for reading this and I wish to convey our sincerest apology again.

A rollback would of caused the least damage
what i find funny is the founder title got a nerf because it was too powerful?(it wasnt by much) because you didnt want to influence the game? but by your own admission by making these costumes permanent with stats "congrats to the owners of these you are now in possession of the most powerful items ingame" right after directly/indirectly influencing people to sell them for cheap. thats not meant to make them more angry? :P

And what happens when there are chargebacks? game accounts are then deleted?, i duno seems a bit unfair on people that paid money to support this game, and really with just a bit of thought could of all been avoided :(

#18 englishtealite

englishtealite

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 106 posts

Posted 05 June 2013 - 12:33 AM

Understand your frustration. We can't guarantee nothing on the delivery from the development studio but still can do our best to convey fans opinion to studio.
We will do the same thing for RO for sure. RO has more different versions one studio has to support. Toughter to make changes based on suggestions compare to RO2 but let us keep trying, Englishtealite.

Jay Choi

I'm pretty impressed you actually replied to me, so I give you that

I'm already familiar of how MMO's work in general, although I understand the cash shop is for the longevity of the server - but on a serious note, there are far more important issues to deal with then simple cosmetic items, such as having actual serious patch that is catered towards the game, such as new content, balance mechanics and fixes overall.

I'm pretty sure NA follows up on kRO and usually NA is behind, but this type of upcoming patch really scales how much credibility the RO2 team has, I mean seriously - we just want important things implemented, not some kawaii desu ^_^ crap only

#19 Lucy Ashely

Lucy Ashely

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 134 posts
  • Server:Odin

Posted 05 June 2013 - 12:35 AM

Posted Image

#20 rosechelle

rosechelle

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 90 posts

Posted 05 June 2013 - 12:37 AM

Jay Choi

Incompetent staff caused the problems not the game updates, lack of understanding of the game, lack of understanding of the community, lack of communication & simple common sense

#21 HeHateMe

HeHateMe

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 137 posts

Posted 05 June 2013 - 12:38 AM

I'm pretty impressed you actually replied to me, so I give you that

I'm already familiar of how MMO's work in general, although I understand the cash shop is for the longevity of the server - but on a serious note, there are far more important issues to deal with then simple cosmetic items, such as having actual serious patch that is catered towards the game, such as new content, balance mechanics and fixes overall.

I'm pretty sure NA follows up on kRO and usually NA is behind, but this type of upcoming patch really scales how much credibility the RO2 team has, I mean seriously - we just want important things implemented, not some kawaii desu ^_^ crap only

I am aware we need patience for for major mechanical/programming issues to be fixed but I can understand how englishtealite feels. We seem to just be getting fixes that are only skin deep on the game and not fixing the diseased liver. Just watch closely I suppose and take everything with a grain of salt.

#22 ktbanh

ktbanh

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 50 posts

Posted 05 June 2013 - 12:39 AM

I don't know exactly what happened as I only log in for pvp.

Still awaiting new content, but its nice to see someone from the community/team post here.

I sincerely hope that you do not make RAGNAROK2 PAY 2 WIN.

I don't mind supporting the game, I don't mind cosmetic shops to help fund the game, plenty of players already have done so.

I would love to support the game if CASH items were cosmetics purely.

What I'm seeing since I started playing at launch is items are starting to drift towards PAY TO WIN state.

I've seen games like this before and have left, while watching them decay/die off.

Do not ruin this title, as it is still new, do not follow in the path of the other RO2.

I sincerely hope this game does not turn into pay to win.

PLEASE PLEASE Stay away from stat items.

I don't mind COSMETICS that are in random boxes with no relation to stat boosters.

I DO NOT MIND different speed mounts, however anything combat, character, and strength/damage/defense related should not be placed in the shop.

I'm still playing and awaiting new contents for the game as I have hope and thus from the previous Ragnarok 1 title.

Do not turn this game into DIABLO 3 and all its mishabs.

Once again, please stay away from PAY 2 WIN aspects as this game will eventually crash to hell if its the intent of milking players over quality and value of what gaming is.

Over time, you will lose player base if this model continues.

Let players support through customization, purely on cosmetics or other non-direct character related. e.g. No STAT CASH pay to Win items.

#23 KingKong

KingKong

I made it Off Topic

• Community Moderators
  • 44 posts

Posted 05 June 2013 - 12:39 AM

As far as I know, NA RO2 will be the basis of international version including kRO2 in the near future which means we have opportunity to make it right this time.
It is only possible with your support.

Jay Choi

#24 KingKong

KingKong

I made it Off Topic

• Community Moderators
  • 44 posts

Posted 05 June 2013 - 12:42 AM

Posted Image

I see my character in your guild picture too...bluemoon! Yes, i remember the picture in Prontera... :p_love:

#25 AmiiMii

AmiiMii

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1537 posts
  • LocationWarpportal Forums (RO2)

Posted 05 June 2013 - 12:45 AM

It's in the screenshot thread :3, Though why haven't they put it in the ragnarokII facebook already? SADFACE!

Edited by AmiiMii, 05 June 2013 - 12:46 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users