20 replies to this topic

#1 Aaric

Aaric

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 55 posts

Posted 22 October 2010 - 07:37 AM

hi.

because no one reads the classes discussion, i have no choice but to bring it here. bwakakakakakaka~

I am mainly a PvM and MvP person so your help will be much appreciated.

here are my builds which i hope you guys can just guide me around:

[All these stats are just base stats and skills w/o bonus and equip yet, so suggestions would be

Critical Sniper build

Str 1
Agi 90
Vit 4
Int 18
Dex 95
Luk 45

Posted Image

Critical SinX Build

Str 90
Agi 90
Vit 10
Int 1
Dex 20
Luk 51

Posted Image

PvM High Wizard Build

Str 1
Agi 2
Vit 25
Int 99
Dex 99
Luk 1

Posted Image

FS H Priest Build

Str 1
Agi 2
Vit 99
Int 99
Dex 25
Luk 1

Posted Image

BattleSmith Build

Str 99
Agi 26
Vit 80
Int 1
Dex 50
Luk 2

Posted Image

any comments will be much appreciated. preferable with gears updates and suggestions too!! Thx in advance~! :) :)

#2 Zoltor

Zoltor

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1345 posts

Posted 22 October 2010 - 07:43 AM

This should be in the Archer class forums.

#3 Aaric

Aaric

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 55 posts

Posted 22 October 2010 - 07:45 AM

hi.

because no one reads the classes discussion, i have no choice but to bring it here. bwakakakakakaka~

I am mainly a PvM and MvP person so your help will be much appreciated.

here are my builds which i hope you guys can just guide me around:

[All these stats are just base stats and skills w/o bonus and equip yet, so suggestions would be much appreciated]

please move it if you feel its inappropriate. i am just posting it in general to seek a solution for myself once and for all, no need the hassle of posting it in corners that people dont explore and divide it into multiple post.

Edited by Aaric, 22 October 2010 - 07:47 AM.

#4 Ramen

Ramen

Too Legit To Quit

• RO Fungineering
  • 1990 posts
  • LocationEientei
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 22 October 2010 - 07:50 AM

Having to wait a day or two for a reply DOES NOT mean no one reads those forums. They're there for a reason. It might also help if YOU would read them to see if anyone else may have already asked the exact same question before making a new post.

#5 Zoltor

Zoltor

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1345 posts

Posted 22 October 2010 - 07:52 AM

I don't know alot about the class skill wise, but stats are pretty simple.

AGI/DEX, and you're in heaven(PvM/MVP build), left over points, INT would be a good choice due to SP gain.

PS. Peaple do read the class forums, so it should still be put there, not here.

Edited by Zoltor, 22 October 2010 - 07:53 AM.

#6 Aaric

Aaric

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 55 posts

Posted 22 October 2010 - 08:03 AM

FYI, i read other people's guides and stuff, but non of them are specific enough overall.

and my post on archer section from 17 october regarding skills and stat for the build has been left rotting there and no one is replying.

and apparently no one provide guides for crit sin too, so i end up googling and got all the private server build details on hand.

and yes, i do mentioned, GM and admins, if you think my post here is inappropriate, please feel free to move it to other section. but understand this that other players are asking for builds in this section too so why dont do everyone a favour instead of trying to push this thread to corners that people dont seldom read.

#7 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

My Offline Life is Nonexistent.

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts
  • Server:Sakray->Iris->Ymir->Chaos

Posted 22 October 2010 - 08:34 AM

There's not a lot of people helping out with builds because everyone's currently trying to figure out good builds since Renewal changed how stats work dramatically. Enough so that previous good builds are not as good or even nerfed in Renewal. Everyone's on their own for the time being, so if you're demanding help on your builds, you're not going to get much at this time.

#8 KriztanAlizun

KriztanAlizun

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 229 posts

Posted 22 October 2010 - 08:37 AM

Having to wait a day or two for a reply DOES NOT mean no one reads those forums. They're there for a reason. It might also help if YOU would read them to see if anyone else may have already asked the exact same question before making a new post.

He wants a reply and some help and he's not getting it. Help him out. Don't critique him.

#9 Musu

Musu

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 522 posts

Posted 22 October 2010 - 08:37 AM

Your trying to hybrid your sinx too much. The dex is extremely low , and chances are you won't hit anything like that. Also keep in mind crit rate is now effected by level and luk of opponent. Basically I suggest getting 60 dex , 60~ Luk , 90 Agi , rest str if you plan to be a crit.

#10 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts

Posted 22 October 2010 - 08:47 AM

He's demanding help from people who don't know how to help and uses the lack of responses to justify making multiple threads about the same thing. He's just asking for it, as far as I know.

In the end it doesn't matter how many threads you make about your problem. If there aren't anyone who can help you, you aren't going to get help.

#11 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England
  • Server:Chaos-Clandestine Society

Posted 22 October 2010 - 09:42 AM

Aaric:

1) Please use appropriate forums.

2) Are you unaware of the renewal update? All the game mechanics changed, and so we to be perfectly honest, people _really don't know_ how to make solid builds. You can reset really cheaply right now, so why don't you try out some of these builds, and see how they end up working, and report back? Or have you not made any of these chars yet (in which case, get crackin, there's an exp event and a reset npc).

3) You cannot plan a build without including job bonus and considering gear.
3.1) That includes snipers being calc'ed with improve conc on!

4) Those builds are, generally speaking, terrible.

4.1) Sniper - would have been okay pre-renewal, except that it was a crit sniper - those sucked in pre-renewal RO, and i wouldn't bet any money on them now either.
Could afford to change some things up now that it's renewal, to maximize atk from stats bearing in mind that dex and luk now add atk, and the main damage stat is no longer exponential (so getting atk from other stats is viable). Also make sure you're getting ranger trap prereqs, since ranger traps own (or so i hear)
4.2) Crit SinX - Fine, except crit sins sucked pre-renewal.
Post-renewal, 20 dex will not cut it for any of the skills. At level 99, you will miss things in your level range with less than 80 dex. Crit ignores that, but if you want to be able to use your active skills, you'd need dex...
4.3) You missed the best high wizard skill, Mystic Amp. Indicates to me that you have no idea how the class works.
4.4) Max meditatio. Meditatio 10 was a must have before renewal, and is a really-must have now, due to the changes in heal formula. Also, a 99 int 99 vit 25 dex HP would have been terrible before renewal, and would still be terrible in renewal. Your cast time would be slow as hell. Towards the end of pre-renewal, people were doing 99 dex 80+ vit, and not much int on their HPs.
In renewal i expect to see FS's built with a bit more int, particularly since it improves cast time and dex stats beyond 100 cost a ton of status points (so it's cheaper to shorten cast time with int), and possibly a handful of luk (as it increases matk, and hence, heal).
4.5) Build fine pre-renewal, but why even bother getting meltdown if you're not going to max it and use it in pvp/woe? In renewal, you'll want to rejig stats to take into account the atk effects of other stats - and you might also be forced to put in more agi, because aspds will be lower in renewal.

5) You appear to be making trans class builds for classes you have no experience with.
*Things will be a lot clearer once you've played these classes.
*Focus on one character at a time.
*Get a build for your main (trans if it's trans, non-trans otherwise), and get to work leveling and playing it, and then take advantage of the free/cheap reset before nov 5 when they start charging for it.
*If you really insist on drawing up builds for classes you don't have (i reach this conclusion based on the builds, which for HP/HW in particular, you'd never build like that if you'd played the class), don't be so demanding about getting help with them on the forums.

Edited by DrAzzy, 22 October 2010 - 09:52 AM.

#12 Musu

Musu

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 522 posts

Posted 22 October 2010 - 10:20 AM

Azzy while you are right that you shouldn't calc a build without including gear from my experience it is better to start out with just stats , to avoid becoming gear dependent like 90% of the valk server is.

#13 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 22 October 2010 - 10:40 AM

Azzy while you are right that you shouldn't calc a build without including gear from my experience it is better to start out with just stats , to avoid becoming gear dependent like 90% of the valk server is.

I emphatically disagree.

You don't know what gear you're going to be using - but i can tell you one thing for certain: You're not EVER going to be leveling with no gear on. So why are you planning your character that way, at any step of the process. It's often easier to start out with the no-brainer gear, just like how it's easier to get started writing if you just get something written down.

It's as silly as this:
"When i start this new job, i'll need a way to get there" "well, you could get a car, it'd like a 10 minute drive down route 11, right?" "Lets start without assuming there will be a road, i don't want to be dependent on roads to get to work" "..."

Of course, you shouldn't plan to have just one set of gear any only be functional with that set of gear, you should plan for multiple gear sets. I generally end up with at least 3-4 basic gear plans for each char i make, but i always start with a char with it's primary gear set, and then see what i can do if i change the gear up, and make sure i havn't boxed myself in.

Edited by DrAzzy, 22 October 2010 - 10:42 AM.

#14 Aaric

Aaric

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 55 posts

Posted 22 October 2010 - 11:05 AM

well, thanks everyone for the help though. i just wanted to get a solid build and play my way to max so i dont have to screw things up and start it all over again by making new characters and stuff. ya know, after the reset NPC, further reset wont be cheap as it is.

thanks anyways. its been a great help. love ya all~

PS: DrAzzy remember you used to help me with my SinX and Alchemist build back in the old forum? :) surprised? your name is easy to remember, my name is not. XD thanks loads.

ZeroTigress, sorry if this leads to annoyance tho.

#15 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 22 October 2010 - 11:14 AM

Mmm, i knew your name sounded familiar. The short name with 2A's at the start stands out.

#16 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts

Posted 22 October 2010 - 12:42 PM

ZeroTigress, sorry if this leads to annoyance tho.

Unlike most people, you at the very least acknowledge that. It's greatly appreciated. :)

People just need to understand that 99% of the people in the forums are just players like you and me. And not all players are very knowledgeable about the game they're playing, especially when the game itself is pretty much brand new.

#17 Aaric

Aaric

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 55 posts

Posted 22 October 2010 - 08:43 PM

well, know what, guy? i'm just going to start experimenting. who gives a crap about concrete build anymore.

#18 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts

Posted 23 October 2010 - 01:12 AM

well, know what, guy? i'm just going to start experimenting. who gives a crap about concrete build anymore.

That's what I always say. <_<

#19 DrAzzy

DrAzzy

Really Azzy? Already?

• VMod Retired
  • 15606 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 25 October 2010 - 08:37 AM

Nobody does, until november 5th when the stat+skill reset npc goes away. At which point everyone will care about them (specifically, they'll care up to $10, the cost for full resets after the removal of the reset npc - less if they're lower level).

#20 altandf4

altandf4

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 82 posts

Posted 18 November 2010 - 01:48 PM

Just a comment on your Crit SinX skills.
You want at-least maxed Advance Katar Mastery!!
I don't think SD and MA will do anything with 20dex
I suggest to get maxed EDP and maybe poison react?

For Sniper

Get Sandman instead of shockwave
Detect is too high, waste of skill pints. 1-3 work just.
You wont necessary need to max-out steel crow if other skill needs spending, eg spring trap, claymore, shockwave

For PvM HighWiz
I would suggest getting quagmire atleast level 2 for solo :p_devil: -OR- get safety wall
I don't think Heaven's Drive is worth getting lvl 5. get lvl 1
Also necessary to max out Magical Amp. suggest drop firewall to 7, firebolt too. You want to hit insanely hard with your AOEs

#21 Katageshi

Katageshi

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 08 December 2010 - 10:59 AM

lol that sinx skill tree sucks

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users