Rogue skill chain to maximize DPS in dungeons and raids - Page 2 - Thief - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

Rogue skill chain to maximize DPS in dungeons and raids

• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#26 Elysion

Elysion

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 109 posts

Posted 14 June 2013 - 01:11 PM

For killing someone solo just lure them off into a room. It seems like you are spending an awful lot of time trying to find the best situation to use that DI. Then if you are using your smokebomb and stuff for only DIs, you miss out on the other oportunitys to use it. Today i got champ because i got two fast kills then smoke bombed and ran off into a room with 20 seconds left on the clock. I was confident i had the accumulated points to hold first, and it worked.

I like DI. I usualy use it twice at the start of a round. But i save my third smoke bomb for tactical sitautions, yeah sometimes i will use it just to DI a runner, but other times its best to save it. I just cant see how focusing too much on DI will do anything but cost you points in the long run.

Of course if you max smoke bomb you have extra DI per round. But still, having those combo points waiting for use just seems more reliable to me because you are killing mobs and getting points while holding them.

#27 mysticalre

mysticalre

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 837 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Odin

Posted 14 June 2013 - 02:07 PM

I like DI. I usualy use it twice at the start of a round. But i save my third smoke bomb for tactical sitautions, yeah sometimes i will use it just to DI a runner, but other times its best to save it. I just cant see how focusing too much on DI will do anything but cost you points in the long run.

Of course if you max smoke bomb you have extra DI per round. But still, having those combo points waiting for use just seems more reliable to me because you are killing mobs and getting points while holding them.

yeah, I usually save my last smoke in R5 too, in earlier rounds it matters a bit less since no smoke --> kill some mobs, and it's fairly easy to advance anyway

A problem with R5 though is that it's rare to be fighting anyone in the first 30 seconds - 1 minute, and since 3/3 smoke bomb CD is 2 minutes (120--> 95 after vigor), you don't really get to use it twice

I dunno how to play around this, I've tried a few things, like just blindly initiating on someone, just so that I can:
1) have a "chance" of a kill first 30s
2) reveal all the hiding people, I feel like it gives us an edge since we can hide in combat
3) get my smoke + dirty CD coming back at ~0:45 - 1:00 remaining (for 2 more smokes in the last minute)

It doesn't work so well cause you almost always get a DOT on you, and you'll likely die... but sometimes it works.

I also don't know how to manage poring buffs in R5... to stay invis... or to potentially get 3x dmg... I tried a few things but I don`t have anything reliable yet. This turned into a colo thread >_>

Edited by mysticalre, 14 June 2013 - 02:09 PM.

#28 Elysion

Elysion

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 109 posts

Posted 17 June 2013 - 02:17 AM

You can use meteor assault while hidden and, if you dont damage anyone, stay hidden.

Sometimes in round 5 if nothings happening i just walk around spamming meteor assault hoping to uncover someone.

My round 5s are usualy dedicated to preventing the assassin or ranger from winning, because those classess annoy me, i occasionally win while doing this.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users