• Please log in to reply
42 replies to this topic

#1 Lawful

Lawful

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 39 posts

Posted 05 June 2013 - 07:10 AM

I was actually wondering, how good is a full support healing sorc? I mean, compared to priests, so far i have 1 point into Earth seal and 1 point into heal and it heals for like 70, and 140 crits, with the 35 DoT on crit, compared to priests that heal for like 400? Doesnt seem..that good, like at all :/

How far behind are sorcs in the healing departement?

And i think i've seen some per-sorc nerfs in a guide, was sorcs healing really nerfed horondously?

#2 Aeynia

Aeynia

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 135 posts
  • LocationThe Cradle Of The Mind
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Odin

Posted 05 June 2013 - 07:41 AM

I was actually wondering, how good is a full support healing sorc? I mean, compared to priests, so far i have 1 point into Earth seal and 1 point into heal and it heals for like 70, and 140 crits, with the 35 DoT on crit, compared to priests that heal for like 400? Doesnt seem..that good, like at all :/

And i think i've seen some per-sorc nerfs in a guide, was sorcs healing really nerfed horondously?

Yes, Sorcerer's healing ability was nerfed. If you want to Full Support as a Sorc, maxed Earth Seal is a must. You cannot skip it.
I personally play a Hybrid, so I don't go past 1 in Rejuvenation or Healing Wave, but my Healing Wave hits for ~350 average with maxed Earth Seal. Rejuvenation can crit for 1200.

Sorcerers are usually better off as Hybrid due to the sheer lack of emergency heals in comparison to Priests, though.

#3 Lawful

Lawful

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 39 posts

Posted 05 June 2013 - 08:11 AM

Yeah, thats what i wanted to do, but idk what to max, i can take one heal up to max, but not sure which one, been thinking about this kind of build.

http://ro2base.com/b...1.1.1/0.0.0.0.0

Or maybe take points out of land of recovery and put them into healing wave, since thats the main heal.

#4 Aeynia

Aeynia

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 135 posts

Posted 05 June 2013 - 12:14 PM

Yeah, thats what i wanted to do, but idk what to max, i can take one heal up to max, but not sure which one, been thinking about this kind of build.

http://ro2base.com/b...1.1.1/0.0.0.0.0

Or maybe take points out of land of recovery and put them into healing wave, since thats the main heal.

If you mean go Hybrid, definitely don't level your single target heals past level 1.
As a Hybrid, you'll be DPSing with Wind Seal up most of the time, only switching to Earth Seal for a doubled max Deluge, or in an emergency.

You can see my build here.
I don't take more than one in Jupitel Mastery due to preferring my two AoE heals maxed. Frost Diver is useless outside of PvP and leveling, as Wizards are the go-to Crowd Control class with Frost Nova.

#5 Lawful

Lawful

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 39 posts

Posted 05 June 2013 - 03:28 PM

The main healing spell support sorcs use are the single target healing wave, wouldn't maxing it and having low deluge and stuff jst make you almost support sorc thats able to fully heal the tank on a boss in case oyu cant find a priest?

#6 Aeynia

Aeynia

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 135 posts

Posted 05 June 2013 - 04:15 PM

The main healing spell support sorcs use are the single target healing wave, wouldn't maxing it and having low deluge and stuff jst make you almost support sorc thats able to fully heal the tank on a boss in case oyu cant find a priest?

Sorcs honestly don't make great main healers. Since their healing nerf, it's hard for them to compete with Priests, especially since Priests have 6 heals, as well as crit heals on demands and other survival utilities, compared to Sorcs that have 2 heals, an AoE heal, and something like Sanctuary.

Sorcerers excel at healing DPS, keeping multiple people topped off or floating. Priests are just better at main healing in every way, really.

#7 Tlaltecuhtli

Tlaltecuhtli

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 89 posts

Posted 05 June 2013 - 11:22 PM

Sorcs are in no way near FS priest`s healing capabilities.
Sorcs are in no league vs Ranger/DPS class` DPS.

just get a stable build where you can spam effective heals and max burst damage.

#8 Kalandros

Kalandros

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1476 posts
  • LocationQuébec
  • Server:Yggdrasil

Posted 06 June 2013 - 12:16 AM

Thats odd because I know 2 full DPS sorcs that can maintain and even surpass good rangers.

#9 Lawful

Lawful

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 39 posts

Posted 06 June 2013 - 12:41 AM

Hmm? I dont think sorc DPS is low, its acually OP broken at level 25~30, which i'm at atm.

I dont know how much does ranger do, but compared to my sin, to my friends rogue, knight and monk or acolyte, or even wizards i nthe same party, i deal huge damage.

If 1400 crit with jupiter thunder every few hits doesnt count for high burst dps, then i dont know what does. Average dps tho would be around 450 per second (Non crit) , which surpases Wiz dps, not sure about ranger dps tho, since cold bolt does about 250 per shot, jupiter does 600+, one cold bolt, one jupiter, rinse and repeat, throw in a lightning spear on CD, and you almost always have a proc for jupiter like that since you throw in cold bolt while its cooling down.

#10 Vaelastrasz

Vaelastrasz

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 293 posts

Posted 06 June 2013 - 01:02 AM

Sorcs do have a great dps, but its all RNG, so if you spam CB for about 20 times before you get a wind arms proc, you lack a lot of damage, but if the proccs are coming after 2-3 casts, you can bang the threat meter away ^^

As for Full Support, well I tried such a build, the only difference between a hybrid build, where you take 5/5 Del and LoR is healing wave maxed and maybe memorize to shoot some sweet instants out.
But as said above, sorcs dont have emergency heals, but we do have a good average heal, you feel this with more crit, when Earth Arms proc over time etc, with LoR on the ground, it is nice over time heal :P

#11 Lyrinn

Lyrinn

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 307 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online 2

Posted 06 June 2013 - 05:27 AM

I want to make a sorc too but not sure what to focus on.
Any thoughts on this build? http://www.ro2skills...naodFdFqFrDdDdA

#12 Kiyoshiro

Kiyoshiro

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 99 posts
  • LocationYour Monitor O_o
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 06 June 2013 - 11:22 AM

I want to make a sorc too but not sure what to focus on.
Any thoughts on this build? http://www.ro2skills...naodFdFqFrDdDdA

...Looks like a complete mess, to be honest. If that's a Hybrid build, try something like this: http://www.ro2skills...naoqBdFqBrDgOrA

By the way, I partied with an FS Sorc earlier in Payon Secret Forest Tomb. There was no Priest available at the time, so we ran the dungeon with that Sorc as the main healer, with me as the backup healer/DPS. We finished the dungeon with virtually no problem :D it was a very exciting run for me as I was able to see the healing potential of an FS Sorc.

Edited by Kiyoshiro, 06 June 2013 - 11:31 AM.

#13 Vaelastrasz

Vaelastrasz

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 293 posts

Posted 06 June 2013 - 01:16 PM

An FS Sorc can heal pretty well actually. If everyone stands in the lor, it helps a lot and the cast time of healing wave is sweet.

The only problem is, that we miss bless, but whatever! :P

#14 Lyrinn

Lyrinn

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 307 posts

Posted 06 June 2013 - 01:17 PM

...Looks like a complete mess, to be honest. If that's a Hybrid build, try something like this: http://www.ro2skills...naoqBdFqBrDgOrA

Why not Healing Wave or Rejuvenation?

#15 Aeynia

Aeynia

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 135 posts

Posted 06 June 2013 - 02:03 PM

Why not Healing Wave or Rejuvenation?

As a Hybrid, you should have Wind Seal on 90% of the time, doing damage. The increase in healing power by putting points into your direct heals isn't enough to warrant losing DPS, which you'll mostly be doing.

#16 Lyrinn

Lyrinn

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 307 posts

Posted 06 June 2013 - 02:46 PM

As a Hybrid, you should have Wind Seal on 90% of the time, doing damage. The increase in healing power by putting points into your direct heals isn't enough to warrant losing DPS, which you'll mostly be doing.

How do you activate the HoT part of Earth Seal then?
Sorry for all the questions, just trying to see why a FS build isn't viable. ><

#17 Lawful

Lawful

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 39 posts

Posted 06 June 2013 - 03:10 PM

How do you activate the HoT part of Earth Seal then?
Sorry for all the questions, just trying to see why a FS build isn't viable. ><

It procs automatically when your heal crits, after it does, it applies a buff with the earth seal icon on the target which heals over time aswell.

Hmm, that build doesnt look too solid, to be honest, i've tought about builds a bit more and came down to the conclusion that this would be optimal.

http://www.ro2skills...naoqFdEqBeDgOrA

This would make you able to almost fully heal with no problems a instance in replacement of a priest if you have a really hard time finding one.
The JT mastery is a point waste at rank 3 for 2% increase, so only 1 points.
Its also wierd how no sorcs actually max cold bolt, its your main spamming skill you will be using trough out the whole game 1-50, thus it will end up being quite a chunk of your damage over your life, not maxing it is not maximizing DPS potetial. (26 and 37% MATK is big for that spamming ability)

Healing wave maxed for main target healing whenver you need to, and generally its nice having the single target heal thats most powerful maxed, doesnt make you feel like your missing something you could have had , you know you heal as much as you can a single target with it.
Max seal of earth obviously , max LoR since its the aoe heal you can maintain 100% of the time, love it.
and rest of the points into deluge as you want to have that as powerful as you can, while increase your party's hp aswell, tho you wont be using it as often cause of the CD.

Then only thing thats debatable and a preferance thing is the frost diver, you can either leave it at lv1 since later on you will be mostly using wind seal procs, or max it to 3 and take out points out of deluge, its overall useful and OP in PvP and in general killing non boss mobs with, giving you free 6 seconds of wind procs.

Oh and yes, took out all the points except 1 out of earth shield. Why? Because it kind of bleaks in comparison to what the actual tank classes have to increase their own defense , so that 16% extra defense wont make your knights life any much easier in a dungeon, neither it will make your squishies life easier that are getting hit for half their hp anyways, but shifting the points from that int healing wave to actually heal the target up quickly and effeciently, would be more useful.

#18 sephiroso

sephiroso

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 946 posts

Posted 06 June 2013 - 03:40 PM

Sorcs are in no way near FS priest`s healing capabilities.
Sorcs are in no league vs Ranger/DPS class` DPS.

just get a stable build where you can spam effective heals and max burst damage.

wrong. sorc dps is in league with ranger/rogue dps. and clearly higher than assassin/wizard/everything else.

#19 Aeynia

Aeynia

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 135 posts

Posted 06 June 2013 - 05:20 PM

Oh and yes, took out all the points except 1 out of earth shield. Why? Because it kind of bleaks in comparison to what the actual tank classes have to increase their own defense , so that 16% extra defense wont make your knights life any much easier in a dungeon, neither it will make your squishies life easier that are getting hit for half their hp anyways, but shifting the points from that int healing wave to actually heal the target up quickly and effeciently, would be more useful.

I can't stress how important Earth Shield is.
It does way more than you expect.
Even as a Sorc, I get 2.5% extra defense, tanks would get more. It really adds up.

#20 Tlaltecuhtli

Tlaltecuhtli

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 89 posts

Posted 06 June 2013 - 06:06 PM

wrong. sorc dps is in league with ranger/rogue dps. and clearly higher than assassin/wizard/everything else.

Posted Image

all i say is, im a sorc, not FS not DPS, i tend to do everything and with it the party stays healthy and our dps is stable.
knowing your roles is very much important on raids, it doesnt mean that if you can dps you should main dps or that if you can heal... , if thats the case, then maybe, this game is a hack and slash type of mmorpg. AND THATS A LOL.

let KN, Monk, War, BM do MT OT
let SINS ROGUE do melee DPS
let RANGER/Wiz do RDPS
let Priest do FS
and let us SORCS do everything ^_^

http://www.ro2skills...naoqFdEqBeDgOrA

This would make you able to almost fully heal with no problems a instance in replacement of a priest if you have a really hard time finding one.
The JT mastery is a point waste at rank 3 for 2% increase, so only 1 points.
Its also wierd how no sorcs actually max cold bolt, its your main spamming skill you will be using trough out the whole game 1-50, thus it will end up being quite a chunk of your damage over your life, not maxing it is not maximizing DPS potetial. (26 and 37% MATK is big for that spamming ability)

Healing wave maxed for main target healing whenver you need to, and generally its nice having the single target heal thats most powerful maxed, doesnt make you feel like your missing something you could have had , you know you heal as much as you can a single target with it.
Max seal of earth obviously , max LoR since its the aoe heal you can maintain 100% of the time, love it.
and rest of the points into deluge as you want to have that as powerful as you can, while increase your party's hp aswell, tho you wont be using it as often cause of the CD.

Then only thing thats debatable and a preferance thing is the frost diver, you can either leave it at lv1 since later on you will be mostly using wind seal procs, or max it to 3 and take out points out of deluge, its overall useful and OP in PvP and in general killing non boss mobs with, giving you free 6 seconds of wind procs.

thing about earth shield is, when your co-sorc dies, a lvl 1 buff of it is non-sense, and that the thread leans to FS, and without EShield, how can you fully support?
again, im putting out FD as a necessary skill on PVE and PVP, including boss types during their summon stage. thats 6+3 disablement and x2 damage, might want to consider it.
maxed earth seal compensates a lot with lvl 1 Healing wave, and with it you can 4 skill points.
a lvl 1 CB is sufficient enough to get you rolling, plus, you aint DPSing a lot and with
LOR - CB CB JT + VS CB CB LOR, you can just let out JT`s. personally, i just use CB to proc Wind Seals, and that x2 damage from normal crits compensates low level CB. plus, theres FD ^_^

#21 sephiroso

sephiroso

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 946 posts

Posted 06 June 2013 - 07:09 PM

Posted Image

all i say is, im a sorc, not FS not DPS, i tend to do everything and with it the party stays healthy and our dps is stable.
knowing your roles is very much important on raids, it doesnt mean that if you can dps you should main dps or that if you can heal... , if thats the case, then maybe, this game is a hack and slash type of mmorpg. AND THATS A LOL.

let KN, Monk, War, BM do MT OT
let SINS ROGUE do melee DPS
let RANGER/Wiz do RDPS
let Priest do FS
and let us SORCS do everything ^_^

thing about earth shield is, when your co-sorc dies, a lvl 1 buff of it is non-sense, and that the thread leans to FS, and without EShield, how can you fully support?
again, im putting out FD as a necessary skill on PVE and PVP, including boss types during their summon stage. thats 6+3 disablement and x2 damage, might want to consider it.
maxed earth seal compensates a lot with lvl 1 Healing wave, and with it you can 4 skill points.
a lvl 1 CB is sufficient enough to get you rolling, plus, you aint DPSing a lot and with
LOR - CB CB JT + VS CB CB LOR, you can just let out JT`s. personally, i just use CB to proc Wind Seals, and that x2 damage from normal crits compensates low level CB. plus, theres FD ^_^

lvl 1 cb was the most retarded thing i ever heard. no wonder you seem to think sorc cant do comparable dps as a range/rogue. its your spam skill. you ALWAYS max your spam skill.

#22 Fixxry

Fixxry

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 06 June 2013 - 07:27 PM

This is build for my Hybrid Sorc. http://www.ro2skills...naoqBdFqBrDdBrA

#23 sephiroso

sephiroso

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 946 posts

Posted 06 June 2013 - 07:32 PM

pretty solid build hybrid sorc build. only thing i'd change is maybe taking 2 points from deluge and putting them in frost driver to max it. but thats a personal choice, builds got everything a hybrid sorc would want.

#24 Fixxry

Fixxry

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 16 posts

Posted 06 June 2013 - 07:36 PM

I rather max deluge because its helping member survive boss aoe (sometime critical dmg). FD not affect on boss.

Mine is PVE>PVP. :heh:

Edited by Fixxry, 06 June 2013 - 07:37 PM.

#25 Aeynia

Aeynia

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 135 posts

Posted 06 June 2013 - 07:55 PM

Literally the same as my skill build, haha. Works fantastic for my raids.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users