Tarena

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 72 posts
  • LocationGTA, Canada
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Odin

Posted 05 June 2013 - 07:28 AM

Seriously?? I went to bed last night after receiving the titles in my storage. I wake up this morning to find I can't use it on any of my alts?!

Could you not have given us a day of warning saying "use it now or you'll have to level to 40 to get any use out of it"???

Why did I level to 30? Why did I open shop all weekend if I cannot use it on my level ~10 alts??

I am very frustrated now as I was looking forward to leveling a tank... Guess not...

#2 Rivyr

Rivyr

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 05 June 2013 - 07:31 AM

literally you snooze you lose. Well it was make the req 40 after 10 hours of people raging or keep the stats they wanted to give us for the title 5 str 5 agi 8 vit 2 wisdom so you be the judge of it.

#3 LeonFlare

LeonFlare

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 955 posts
  • Twitter:https://twitter.com/thenagrarok
  • LocationMOOTXICO!
  • Server:Valkyrie Forever

Posted 05 June 2013 - 07:32 AM

it could be worse, belive me

or just read the whole thing

#4 Tarena

Tarena

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 72 posts
  • LocationGTA, Canada

Posted 05 June 2013 - 07:33 AM

I have sunk about $40 into this game and I am seriously annoyed enough to stop playing. I'm loving my acolyte and really wanted to try a tanking class... Please give us a day to use before restricting. This is ridiculous.

#5 SmiIeKing

SmiIeKing

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 36 posts

Posted 05 June 2013 - 07:36 AM

I have sunk about $40 into this game and I am seriously annoyed enough to stop playing. I'm loving my acolyte and really wanted to try a tanking class... Please give us a day to use before restricting. This is ridiculous.

Um actually the Title was release earlier than patch. Honestly the outcome could have been alot worse than it is now. Tarena the question is why wouldnt you equip ur title as soon as you got it? O.o

#6 3831130509072723357

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 45 posts

Posted 05 June 2013 - 07:36 AM

that's pretty much a dip in the ocean compared to how much some people have spent on this game. you really should of used them on your alts before you went to bed so you wouldn't have to deal with levelling them to 40 just to use the title.

#7 1780130512021414640

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 05 June 2013 - 07:39 AM

Cmon, it could be worse ^^

#8 Tarena

Tarena

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 72 posts
  • LocationGTA, Canada

Posted 05 June 2013 - 07:40 AM

Level 40 was not a requirement when I went to bed.

I have a newborn daughter and lots of work. Being tired shouldn't screw me out of a game IMO...

#9 Rhint

Rhint

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 140 posts

Posted 05 June 2013 - 07:42 AM

that's pretty much a dip in the ocean compared to how much some people have spent on this game. you really should of used them on your alts before you went to bed so you wouldn't have to deal with levelling them to 40 just to use the title.

Your high horse suggestion predisposes that he had forknowledge that this would happen and chose not to act, or that he should have had that forknowledge. This isn't how society works. I'm not burning WarpPortal in its decision with this post, but your ignorant attempt to lambaste a guy who has a legitimate complaint comes off as nothing short of juvenile and snotty.

#10 Rivyr

Rivyr

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 05 June 2013 - 07:42 AM

I'll boil 10+ hours of rage on forums and public chat and steam and facebook and all that other crap /guys were removing stats fro tuxedo/wedding dress and recruit outfits, nerfing founder title from 30 agi 30 str 30 int 44 vit 14 wis to 5 str 5 agi 8 vit 2 wis and we'll be adding stat costumes every month which expire in 30 days. THEN AFTER 10-12 hours of player rage Ok guys you're keeping stats on tux/wedding and recruit, You can keep the original stats on founder DRINK IT NOW or itll be lv req 40 in the morning /rage quelled

#11 Tarena

Tarena

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 72 posts
  • LocationGTA, Canada

Posted 05 June 2013 - 07:58 AM

I was merely pointing out that I support games I believe in. I know there are people out there who pay ALOT more than I do, but for me $40 covers 100% of my monthly gaming budget.

WP doing this "use it or lose it (until 40)" approach with such short notice is crazy. No company I can think of would ever do this...

I cant even imagine if a "mainstream" competitor MMO tried to pull this off....

WarpPortal... Please let us use the titles for 24 hours to give people who live on the easy coast and actually sleep/have jobs a chance to be equal with the people who would have actually seen the post to "use it or lose it (until 40"

#12 Billtac

Billtac

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 190 posts
  • LocationPittsburgh, Pennsylvania
  • Server:Odin Channel 7

Posted 05 June 2013 - 08:07 AM

I got 7 titles. You know what I did? I made 6 more characters I plan on leveling in the future and I equipped each with a title so I didn't get caught in this rut. Thinking ahead is key when it comes to games like this.

#13 3831130509072723357

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 45 posts

Posted 05 June 2013 - 08:10 AM

Your high horse suggestion predisposes that he had forknowledge that this would happen and chose not to act, or that he should have had that forknowledge. This isn't how society works. I'm not burning WarpPortal in its decision with this post, but your ignorant attempt to lambaste a guy who has a legitimate complaint comes off as nothing short of juvenile and snotty.

lol thanks for your insightful words however I've dealt with worse :) also Tarena is a feminine name and with the comment about the new born i'd assume Tarena was female... anyway

I cant even imagine if a "mainstream" competitor MMO tried to pull this off....

Tarena I didn't mean to come across as rude or anything, just stating what is pretty much the truth with regards to mmo's with a item base purchase system with real money. Also keep in mind that with items / titles that are to good to be true when released use them or sell them if their tradable asap since most of the time they'll either end up nerfed soon or have this so called level addition made to it. I have seen similar actions preformed by other mmo companies and there still alive and kicking today, I could even name a few of them however I doubt it would go well advertising on another gaming board especially since their rival companies. Also gratz on the newborn ^^

#14 slashenjoi

slashenjoi

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 05 June 2013 - 08:14 AM

This is pretty unfair man :/

#15 electrolights

electrolights

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 150 posts

Posted 05 June 2013 - 08:17 AM

The level cap was the compromise to keep the stats the way they were.

It is a more then fair compromise, imo.

Additionally, everyone was told to use them last night on alts before the patch hit.

#16 Tarena

Tarena

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 72 posts
  • LocationGTA, Canada

Posted 05 June 2013 - 08:29 AM

Thanks you 3831130509072723357 for following up on your post, and thank you for the congratulations :)

Additionally, everyone was told to use them last night on alts before the patch hit.

Told to use them? I went to bed, woke up to maintenance, decided to check the forums only to realize I was royally screwed. A "fair" compromise would be:

1. Usable at level 30 (wasn't that the level required?$
2. If any characters below 30 uses it before the patch, it will be REMOVED from those characters and RE ADDED to your temp storage. So that nobody will have an unfair advantage in the <30 level bracket.

I will not be leveling an alt anymore. I am certainly not looking forward to seeing everybody around me 1 shotting mobs and soloing map bosses while I have to take hours to do the same thing.

I hope somebody at WP reads this thread.

#17 Rhint

Rhint

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 140 posts

Posted 05 June 2013 - 08:35 AM

The level cap was the compromise to keep the stats the way they were.

It is a more then fair compromise, imo.

I wasn't told. We had less than a 24 hour deadline. With how many times the Founder title was pushed back (four times) you would think they would alot, at the very least, 24 hours.

#18 Santaru

Santaru

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 38 posts

Posted 05 June 2013 - 08:37 AM

Thanks you 3831130509072723357 for following up on your post, and thank you for the congratulations :)

Told to use them? I went to bed, woke up to maintenance, decided to check the forums only to realize I was royally screwed. A "fair" compromise would be:

1. Usable at level 30 (wasn't that the level required?$
2. If any characters below 30 uses it before the patch, it will be REMOVED from those characters and RE ADDED to your temp storage. So that nobody will have an unfair advantage in the <30 level bracket.

I will not be leveling an alt anymore. I am certainly not looking forward to seeing everybody around me 1 shotting mobs and soloing map bosses while I have to take hours to do the same thing.

I hope somebody at WP reads this thread.

As it stood before the patch, the founder's title was for ANY and ALL characters. The event to level to 30 was what I thought it was going to be as well, but they changed it to an AFK event as well. Also no one said "Hey go put the title on before patch" from the actual Staff, just player assumption I'm pretty sure.

Also the title is not THAT over powered for the lowbies soloing map bosses, and 1 hitting mobs.

#19 Tarena

Tarena

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 72 posts
  • LocationGTA, Canada

Posted 05 June 2013 - 08:38 AM

I wasn't told. We had less than a 24 hour deadline. With how many times the Founder title was pushed back (four times) you would think they would alot, at the very least, 24 hours.

I'm glad that the community is backing me up on this issue. I don't want this thread to turn into a flame war (as most posts here do) and be closed before a WP representative has a chance to see it.

#20 slashenjoi

slashenjoi

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 05 June 2013 - 09:05 AM

I agree. A few hours notice isn't quite right. Got stuff to do.

#21 Rhint

Rhint

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 140 posts

Posted 05 June 2013 - 09:05 AM

And honestly, does it really matter if we put it on our lowbies? There are now finite Founder titles. No more can be gained. As Founders quit and new people join, founders will be all the rarer. It literally won't matter if a lowbie has a founder title or not.

#22 Catgon

Catgon

I am New.

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 05 June 2013 - 09:07 AM

Also the title is not THAT over powered for the lowbies soloing map bosses, and 1 hitting mobs.

Agreed, it's a nice boost, but at 15 my wizard is only doing about 5-10 more damage per non-crit hit on average to level 11 mobs. Definitely NOT one hitting anything that I'd normally be fighting anyway.

Edited by Catgon, 05 June 2013 - 09:09 AM.

#23 Tarena

Tarena

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 72 posts
  • LocationGTA, Canada

Posted 05 June 2013 - 09:13 AM

Agreed, it's a nice boost, but at 15 my wizard is only doing about 5-10 more damage per non-crit hit on average to level 11 mobs. Definitely NOT one hitting anything that I'd normally be fighting anyway.

So why limit it to level 40?

#24 Senkasa

Senkasa

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3467 posts
  • LocationWaterloo, IA
  • Server:Chaos, Classic

Posted 05 June 2013 - 09:23 AM

Because It's as equivalent as the Goblin Leader title, even though you can't go for it til lv 50 I believe.

#25 VariantY

VariantY

I am New.

• Members
  • 4 posts
  • Server:iRO2 Odin

Posted 05 June 2013 - 09:24 AM

So why limit it to level 40?

Because as far as being a title goes, it's powerful.

It doesn't break the game, no title does really. Though to be fair, 44 vit at level 5 is cool, but I was already 2 shotting everything on my mage anyway, so it didn't change much. I guess I have to rely on items less, sure, why not. But I'm definitely not 1 shotting mobs, or somehow solo-ing lurker fly.

The real issue here is that, had I not been awake at like... midnight (luckily, studying for finals and procrastinating led me to know what was going on), I woulda missed the key 'Hey you better use your titles now'. It's pretty silly. I don't know why the title level limit wasn't just set to 30, and why they didn't give more time before maintenance. It's really a legit complaint.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users