Ragzeal

I am New.

• Members
  • 2 posts
  • LocationKansas
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Re: Odin

Posted 05 June 2013 - 11:29 AM

Ok so I have been generating a theory but I need some evidence to support to it. Basically I want input on what other players believe of this skill set and what they feel may be good touchups. http://www.ro2skills...dneodBqsrDqBlf1 Now , I left bash lvl 1 because I am considering on sacrificing that dmg to lower cooldowns on other skills , to perhaps formulate a combo. Basically Want to focus on burst dmg , sustain CC and at same time maximize the natural damage reduction of the knight class. Combo Possibly being , Shield Charge , Bash , Shield Boomerang , shield bash , shield cannon , repeat. Now at any point I also wanted to make it so that I could trade in shield boomerang for any of the skills if it was to perhaps reset therefore expediting aura build ups and DPS.

#2 sephiroso

sephiroso

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 946 posts

Posted 05 June 2013 - 11:36 AM

leaving bash and aura strike at lvl 1 is retarded. also if your build is for anything but pvp, its a complete -_- build.(though its still a -_- build even with pvp in mind)

in fact i'm almost sure you're just a troll with posting such a horrible build.

go read knight guide sticky if you want to know why your build is so bad.

Edited by sephiroso, 05 June 2013 - 11:37 AM.

#3 SonicTMP

SonicTMP

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 346 posts
  • LocationAlone in the dishwasher
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 05 June 2013 - 01:06 PM

Bash and Aura Strike are bread and butter skills. They need to be maxed. Shield boom can't be spammed so it's a poor replacment for Bash. Likewise Shield boom mastery needs "a skill that consumes aura" to activate. SO if you aren't spamming AS with a charge it won't proc.

Aura Heal is also very poor. I never took it but as DPS spec it still sucks.
Example: 2500 AP
Aura heal = 150 healed.
300 if it crits. 450 if it's affected by battle tatics with 250 int.
in RHD dps armor you'd have around 10% vigor so it be on a 18s CD vs the default 20s CD.
It sucks bigtime at it's core. Nothing you can do to improve it makes it worth taking.

It's a lackluster build that will pretty much suck no matter what you try to do with it. Figure out what you want to do first, get core skills then tweak it from there.

#4 Shouichirou

Shouichirou

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 141 posts
  • LocationProbably at work.
  • Server:Odin Ch.5/7/11 (RO2)

Posted 05 June 2013 - 01:14 PM

[Aura Heal] is actually 6% per aura (since he has it as Lv3). Assuming he uses all 3 auras with that it would heal 450-hp (18%) non-crit, with 900-hp crit (not including battle tactics). Then again, it is still a low priority move despite that.

#5 sephiroso

sephiroso

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 946 posts

Posted 05 June 2013 - 01:29 PM

[Aura Heal] is actually 6% per aura (since he has it as Lv3). Assuming he uses all 3 auras with that it would heal 450-hp (18%) non-crit, with 900-hp crit (not including battle tactics). Then again, it is still a low priority move despite that.

yea when potions heal more than a skill does, not really worth it to get the skill. case in point, look at how much BM heal does, rogues GP, warriors tension relax. why only knights the ones that get -_- in the ass with self heal?

#6 Varunax

Varunax

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 386 posts
  • LocationNetherworld

Posted 05 June 2013 - 01:31 PM

Bash and Aura Strike are bread and butter skills. They need to be maxed. Shield boom can't be spammed so it's a poor replacment for Bash. Likewise Shield boom mastery needs "a skill that consumes aura" to activate. SO if you aren't spamming AS with a charge it won't proc.

Aura Heal is also very poor. I never took it but as DPS spec it still sucks.
Example: 2500 AP
Aura heal = 150 healed.
300 if it crits. 450 if it's affected by battle tatics with 250 int.
in RHD dps armor you'd have around 10% vigor so it be on a 18s CD vs the default 20s CD.
It sucks bigtime at it's core. Nothing you can do to improve it makes it worth taking.

It's a lackluster build that will pretty much suck no matter what you try to do with it. Figure out what you want to do first, get core skills then tweak it from there.

^ You should listen to this guy. He knows what he's talking about.

Back on topic... I can't tell if you're trying to do a PvE or PvP build.

#7 sephiroso

sephiroso

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 946 posts

Posted 05 June 2013 - 03:24 PM

^ You should listen to this guy. He knows what he's talking about.

Back on topic... I can't tell if you're trying to do a PvE or PvP build.

I'd say its suspect on just how much he knows since he claims dps knights can do more dps than rangers/rogues but yea...in this case he was right(math a little off on aura heal but thats a non issue)

#8 SonicTMP

SonicTMP

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 346 posts

Posted 05 June 2013 - 04:04 PM

Posted Image

#9 Haboob

Haboob

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 931 posts
  • LocationBattlegrounds
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online 2

Posted 05 June 2013 - 06:22 PM

Nice jack of all trades skills set.

#10 AlexaWhite

AlexaWhite

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 100 posts

Posted 05 June 2013 - 10:00 PM

Aura Heal - useless skill. I take it for experimental purposesю Now it Heals at full aura ~300 and 700+ crits. It have nice cooldown. if I cant find ways to use it - i just reset skills.

#11 Wtfast

Wtfast

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 100 posts
  • LocationAlberta channel 5
  • Server:Odin

Posted 09 June 2013 - 03:48 AM

gotta max bash, aura strike, battle order. 1 point in shield boom and 1 point in shield boom mastery is good enough. forget aura heal, gotta get battle tactic. max out aura blade cuz in colo you want to be a dps knight not a tanky knight.

#12 Wtfast

Wtfast

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 100 posts
  • LocationAlberta channel 5
  • Server:Odin

Posted 09 June 2013 - 03:53 AM

i even drop aura shield and shield fortress and get concentration because in colo shield fortress and aura shield are useless imo. again in colo you want to hit like a truck not tank like a truck. just in case people gonna say how are you gonna tank raid without aura shield and shield fortress but i just happen to be the main tank and i do just fine even in hardmode.

Edited by Wtfast, 09 June 2013 - 03:56 AM.

#13 sephiroso

sephiroso

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 946 posts

Posted 09 June 2013 - 08:20 AM

i even drop aura shield and shield fortress and get concentration because in colo shield fortress and aura shield are useless imo. again in colo you want to hit like a truck not tank like a truck. just in case people gonna say how are you gonna tank raid without aura shield and shield fortress but i just happen to be the main tank and i do just fine even in hardmode.

shield fortress is akin to a wizards ice block, if you don't have it in colo, you're a moron. cinched myself many a win with aura shield+shield fortress.

#14 Haboob

Haboob

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 931 posts
  • LocationBattlegrounds

Posted 09 June 2013 - 09:09 AM

shield fortress is akin to a wizards ice block, if you don't have it in colo, you're a moron. cinched myself many a win with aura shield+shield fortress.

Actually this might be solid since ive been #1 in the final round only to be DPSed down when i could of used these skills. You dont even need maxed out shield boomerang since getting to the finals can be done with monster kills alone and ive proved this to myself yesterday. Just gotta figure out which skills to drop, uch.

#15 sephiroso

sephiroso

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 946 posts

Posted 09 June 2013 - 09:13 AM

Actually this might be solid since ive been #1 in the final round only to be DPSed down when i could of used these skills. You dont even need maxed out shield boomerang since getting to the finals can be done with monster kills alone and ive proved this to myself yesterday. Just gotta figure out which skills to drop, uch.

depends, if you're going for full pvp build. then i'd go with this.

http://www.ro2base.c...1.1.1/0.0.0.0.0

with the option of taking 4 points out of shield cannon and maxing shield aura. shield fortress max is what mainly saves you, but shield aura will save you alot also due to you can use it every minute and 20% less dmg is nice on a min cooldown lasting 10 seconds.

#16 Haboob

Haboob

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 931 posts
  • LocationBattlegrounds

Posted 09 June 2013 - 09:24 AM

Yeah fark the first thing that came to mind was i had to drop battle tactics still what do think about dropping concentration instead? I could keep battle tactics and get all the defensive skills so i can dungeon with my buddies too.

Like this.

http://www.ro2skills...dCosdBqoeDnobs1

The battle tactics crits makes well up for the fact that im missing concentration and a single point in bash.

#17 sephiroso

sephiroso

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 946 posts

Posted 09 June 2013 - 09:41 AM

Yeah fark the first thing that came to mind was i had to drop battle tactics still what do think about dropping concentration instead? I could keep battle tactics and get all the defensive skills so i can dungeon with my buddies too.

Like this.

http://www.ro2skills...dCosdBqoeDnobs1

The battle tactics crits makes well up for the fact that im missing concentration and a single point in bash.

the thing is, battle tactics isn't needed in pve. but concentration(keeping in mind a pvp build) is kinda needed. it isn't needed cause i do well just fine without it, but in terms of "how useful is battle tactics in pve" and "how useful is concentration in pvp" i'd say concentration is more useful in pvp than battle tactics in pve.

also i'd never ever ever do any build without max bash. you spam it way to often to have anything less than max bash. i'd rather have 1 less point in aura strike than not max bash, and even then i'd also never have anything less than max aura strike.

if you did choose tho battle tactics over concentration, i'd take 1 point from shield cannon to max bash. its only 6% less dmg from shield cannon, which isn't that much of a loss.

Edited by sephiroso, 09 June 2013 - 09:43 AM.

#18 Haboob

Haboob

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 931 posts
  • LocationBattlegrounds

Posted 09 June 2013 - 09:55 AM

Heres my thought process. In Colosseum i think i can manage without a lvl 5 bash because my kills almost always come from SC+AS not bash spam and in pvm i can definately get away with not having concentration or lvl 5 bash so i see no issues. As for my Bash burst threat comes mostly from my INT/AGI not my STR(I have a cute build cooking mind you). Of course a higher base ATK is wonderful but i will have to bite the bullet with limited skill points.

If anything i might drop another point off Charge so we'll see.

#19 sephiroso

sephiroso

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 946 posts

Posted 09 June 2013 - 09:59 AM

Heres my thought process. In Colosseum i think i can manage without a lvl 5 bash because my kills almost always come from SC+AS not bash spam and in pvm i can definately get away with not having concentration or lvl 5 bash so i see no issues. As for my Bash burst threat comes mostly from my INT/AGI not my STR(I have a cute build cooking mind you). Of course a higher base ATK is wonderful but i will have to bite the bullet with limited skill points.

If anything i might drop another point off Charge so we'll see.

i guess you have a point about 4/5 bash being fine in colo. i'm not quite convinced as for the pve aspects of 4/5 bash but i do recognize it won't really be all that different from 5/5 bash so i suppose its still fine in the end for having the build you came up with.

#20 SonicTMP

SonicTMP

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 346 posts

Posted 09 June 2013 - 10:54 AM

Bash is your main aura builder. I think it's worth maxing no matter what. You could drop some points out of battle order. In PvM every other knight and warrior has it maxed. In colo you'll get more AP out of Concs.

BT is weak right now in colo due to the stat fixing. Down the road in WoE however you'll probably get much better use out of it.
Could condicer dropping a few points out of aura shield as well. The extra hp and reduction from tank aura would make up for it.

Really our biggest problem is mobility. Higher charge helps, a wind pot(or the 10min version) does wonders as well but wasting extra consumables is up to you.

#21 sephiroso

sephiroso

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 946 posts

Posted 09 June 2013 - 11:15 AM

Bash is your main aura builder. I think it's worth maxing no matter what. You could drop some points out of battle order. In PvM every other knight and warrior has it maxed. In colo you'll get more AP out of Concs.

BT is weak right now in colo due to the stat fixing. Down the road in WoE however you'll probably get much better use out of it.
Could condicer dropping a few points out of aura shield as well. The extra hp and reduction from tank aura would make up for it.

Really our biggest problem is mobility. Higher charge helps, a wind pot(or the 10min version) does wonders as well but wasting extra consumables is up to you.

i honestly don't have to many issues with mobility considering shield boomerang + charge. sure both have 20 sec cd. but its enough for me to catch up and stop rangers(the times when i stun them and they stay put that is)

#22 Jonss

Jonss

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 144 posts

Posted 09 June 2013 - 06:11 PM

Hm I normally cant get to the finals wiht monster kills alone(random sorcs/SMs usually randomly gang me and I dont want to spend a min getting a warrior off my nuts) but I usually just kill monsters till I see porings and if I get poring attack buff wreck -_- for a litt;le while

I have made it to the finals a bit and won only 2 times but I don't think I would have won without shield fortress TBH

heal > aura shield > shield fortress > target someone far away > shield charge when it ends helps me escape sometimes when I am rank #1 and need to survive

#23 Bronx

Bronx

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 943 posts
  • LocationPiscataway, NJ
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 18 June 2013 - 11:37 AM

Battle Tactics in colo weak? I didn't take a screenshot, but I crit some poor guy for 5.2k with a full charged Aura Strike. That wouldn't be possible without BT.

#24 AntaryFox

AntaryFox

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 18 June 2013 - 12:13 PM

It pretty much wouldn't be possible without 200% attack as well :D Still there are good ~1500 in this from BT

Edited by AntaryFox, 18 June 2013 - 12:13 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users