#1 Leonis

Leonis

Too Legit To Quit

• Retired
  • 4096 posts
  • Playing:Metal Assault
  • Server:US Server 1

Posted 05 June 2013 - 04:56 PM

Please use this section to discuss any balance ideas you may have that you feel could help the class benefit from.

Keep in mind that we are not looking to create overpowered situations and not all suggestions will be considered valid if they are outside the design scope of the class.

#2 Vegas

Vegas

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 343 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 27 June 2013 - 12:35 PM

Hello. I've been testing 2h-sword and 2h-axe soldier in both phases of testing and I've decided that the normal attack damage dealt is too low.

You can read more about my experience here.

Edited by Vegas, 27 June 2013 - 12:38 PM.

#3 migsdali

migsdali

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 119 posts
  • Playing:ROSE Online
  • Server:draconis

Posted 27 June 2013 - 08:11 PM

no casting mute and only axe have stun :(

#4 Leonis

Leonis

Too Legit To Quit

• Retired
  • 4096 posts

Posted 28 June 2013 - 12:32 PM

no casting mute and only axe have stun :(

Yes, this is intentional, sorry if you're disappointed or miss the effects, but please try giving it a test aside from the missing effects you may have become used to. There's been a lot of balance considerations behind the changes, removal or adding of effects throughout all the classes.

#5 DoubleRose

DoubleRose

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1217 posts
  • Server:Arua

Posted 28 June 2013 - 12:36 PM

Most classes get +50% damage on their weapon of choice
Champs get +80% which is higher. Before the patch champs got something like 240%, while katars got 120% and most got 140%

#6 Leonis

Leonis

Too Legit To Quit

• Retired
  • 4096 posts

Posted 28 June 2013 - 12:48 PM

Yup, it's intentional that it was scaled back like that, but in comparison to most classes, yes they do get a higher passive potential than that of other classes. But other classes get different passives that can kind of help them keep up to par with Champions too. :)

#7 CJGM3

CJGM3

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 93 posts
  • LocationPuerto Rico
  • Server:Arua

Posted 28 June 2013 - 09:09 PM

Champ of Sword need to put more status effect like in the AOE of Seismic Strike put Status of Stun & in the Geon Archangel Crumpler remove the dodge down and put Absorption HP like the Blood Attack. Champ of Spear need to put a status effect like this skills: Spear Dance ASP down or Poison and in the Raging Spear Strike Acc Down. In the Axe Champ the skills that have are awesome but need to put 1 more Stun power because they only have 1 stun power, Weapon Launcher will be good to put Stun Effect like the Live Server. All of jobs are good but the champ needs to put this thinks to make more balance vs other jobs and vs the same job. (Sword, Spear & Axe).

Edited by CJGM3, 28 June 2013 - 09:14 PM.

#8 pdfisher

pdfisher

Champion Representative

• Members
  • 5246 posts
  • LocationPennsylvania, in the heart of PA dutch country
  • Server:Leonis

Posted 30 June 2013 - 04:55 AM

Overall, I am not unhappy with the champ skills. But, could we please either raise the duration of Berserk, or reduce the cooldown? I have a full 30 seconds, where I am not getting the extra damage, but can't reapply buff. I will miss the stun, ( I am doing a spear champ). But, I can live without it I suppose.

#9 migsdali

migsdali

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 119 posts

Posted 30 June 2013 - 05:03 AM

and the mute :( specialy in PVP

#10 Vegas

Vegas

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 343 posts

Posted 01 July 2013 - 12:40 AM

I've tryed now playing with level 130 2h-axe champ and everything is just great! No continous missing and low damage. I feel like a real damage dealer now.

#11 pdfisher

pdfisher

Champion Representative

• Members
  • 5246 posts
  • LocationPennsylvania, in the heart of PA dutch country

Posted 01 July 2013 - 04:10 AM

I really don't pvp all that much, but I can see where it will really hurt the champ class to not have that.

#12 Leonis

Leonis

Too Legit To Quit

• Retired
  • 4096 posts

Posted 03 July 2013 - 12:00 PM

Champ of Sword need to put more status effect like in the AOE of Seismic Strike put Status of Stun & in the Geon Archangel Crumpler remove the dodge down and put Absorption HP like the Blood Attack. Champ of Spear need to put a status effect like this skills: Spear Dance ASP down or Poison and in the Raging Spear Strike Acc Down. In the Axe Champ the skills that have are awesome but need to put 1 more Stun power because they only have 1 stun power, Weapon Launcher will be good to put Stun Effect like the Live Server. All of jobs are good but the champ needs to put this thinks to make more balance vs other jobs and vs the same job. (Sword, Spear & Axe).

Your suggestions will be taken in to consideration, but I can't help but look at your suggestions and think you're trying to give it the ability to handle more situations than I feel are necessary. There are intentional weaknesses, lackings and drawbacks put in place because of the offensive capabilities of a Champion already. I can't promise there will be many more enhancements given to the abilities of a Champion at this point, but I'll consider what you proposed in length.

Overall, I am not unhappy with the champ skills. But, could we please either raise the duration of Berserk, or reduce the cooldown? I have a full 30 seconds, where I am not getting the extra damage, but can't reapply buff. I will miss the stun, ( I am doing a spear champ). But, I can live without it I suppose.

It is intentional that you cannot continuously cast the skill because of its power. You need to have a 'rest' before engaging in that strenuous level of combat. Even with the costs, the ability to straight double your damage is powerful indeed.

and the mute :( specialy in PVP

I know it's sad to see it go, but there's a reason why. It was pretty powerful to selectively use against anyone to prevent them from using skills and that kind of disabling ability paired with the offensive might was a bit too much. PvP may not be as bad as you think, we'll see once we begin our testing, which is soon! :)

#13 antsmeister

antsmeister

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 113 posts
  • LocationEstonia

Posted 06 July 2013 - 07:21 AM

sword champ is too damn weak... I cant even kill a terror knight with it, me and another champ tried to PvP arti, hell... we died fast

#14 migsdali

migsdali

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 119 posts

Posted 08 July 2013 - 01:08 AM

some say champ is OP but when i try killng boss in orlo im always die. even my brave is + 10 at lvl 222 in live server even im lvl 215 i can kill boss there at rein force +10 no die :(

#15 Leonis

Leonis

Too Legit To Quit

• Retired
  • 4096 posts

Posted 08 July 2013 - 01:05 PM

Kings shouldn't be something you solo in most cases, especially if they're of equal level to you. They are intended to be very difficult and in most cases, for party play.

However, the feeling of champions being weak, I would like to know how you feel weak. Are you missing, not doing damage, melee or skill, what's your build, what weapon tree are you using and what are you going up against at what level?

#16 antsmeister

antsmeister

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 113 posts
  • LocationEstonia

Posted 08 July 2013 - 01:24 PM

I feel pretty weak at stat build :

STR - enough to hold Sundering Force

CON - equal to level (200)

SEN - 150

DEX - remaining skillpoints

I equiped my gear with Moonstone7 as a jewel set and an Peridot7 in a sword. This seemed like the most reasonable use to socket my jewels. 8 out of 10 hits i missed totally to most of classes aswell the otherclasses were pretty painfull to fight. Summons killed me many times, especially the clerics summon - Dragon. I was amazed about a skill called ''Berserker's Cry'' but i wasn't able to learn it, since it took too many Skillpoints, so i would have none active fighting skills. There are good passives on a champ skilltree but mastering these would give me only few skills to fight with. Back to summons. Couple of scouts decided to attack me, so i thought ''what the hell'' but as they released their Hawks, things took a different perspective. I wasnt able to AoE the Hawks, because it seems like they are ''Immune'' to Aoe skills, and they hurt champ pretty bad. Champ sure needs some more accuary and defence. Its sad to let go skill ''mute'' , it was probably champions key skill. now it doesent have any dominating skill, like the other classes do. I've been champion since closed beta, and any other ROSE online servers. I'm not sayng im pro or anything, but i know how to play this class, but at the moment I dont feel like I want to play it. It really needs some more developing. Thank you :)

It's only my opinion, no idea what other people have suggest ;)

Edited by antsmeister, 08 July 2013 - 01:30 PM.

#17 migsdali

migsdali

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 119 posts

Posted 09 July 2013 - 02:40 AM

Kings shouldn't be something you solo in most cases, especially if they're of equal level to you. They are intended to be very difficult and in most cases, for party play.

However, the feeling of champions being weak, I would like to know how you feel weak. Are you missing, not doing damage, melee or skill, what's your build, what weapon tree are you using and what are you going up against at what level?

ok now the spear and sword type cant solo the king only the axe can kill the boss... coz of the effect of the  slow atk...i forgot to kill boss the boss in live saver is do the aoe w/ slow atk coz i can heal may self w/ pots... All type in live sever can use spin atk :P

#18 migsdali

migsdali

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 119 posts

Posted 09 July 2013 - 02:48 AM

y im solo coz of epic in live server or some medalion one more thing i dont try the SOD czi think i cant kill the boss there coz there no space atk :P in live saver i can kill the boss even im only one  left there no dead in boss coz of that space atk :P

#19 Vegas

Vegas

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 343 posts

Posted 09 July 2013 - 05:49 AM

Then whole SoD or just it's boss should drop better stuff or atleast be easier. With my champ on live server I can solo any boss. But when it comes to SoD it becomes insanely hard to get to boss and kill the boss. Now when champs are weaker as tanks the SoD boss will probably 1 hit kill them so no cleric can save the tank and all party will be doomed.

Another thing I dislike is players who spent money on this game (like me) or anyone else who didn't spent them but put a lot of efforts into their gear will be disappointed with these changes. Like what I see is every class becoming weaker. And those who got decent +15 gear for their build might feel like they wasted their time/money if their gear becomes useless. The best example would be cleric: I know players who went for pure INT they put gems in their gear, got gear with extra max INT stat, well you know how much efforts you need to achieve that much. It's not only cleric, any class can feel a huge change in the gameplay now.

For example I like killing bosses solo, I couldn't solo all bosses if I wouldn't have put a lot of efforts in making my gear, so it's not so easy to achieve a power to solo bosses. You are saying bosses aren't something to be killed alone, well that's wrong in most MMORPG's bosses can be killed solo with best gear.

So now since you nerf classes and they won't be able to solo bosses, think about people with no good gear they will be even more weaker, they won't be able to kill a boss even in a party, they will be useless, maybe it will be even hard to kill normal mobs for them without good gear.

#20 Leonis

Leonis

Too Legit To Quit

• Retired
  • 4096 posts

Posted 09 July 2013 - 01:53 PM

Its sad to let go skill ''mute'' , it was probably champions key skill. now it doesent have any dominating skill, like the other classes do.

Berserk & Berserker's Cry aren't dominating skills? :o

I'm not sayng im pro or anything, but i know how to play this class, but at the moment I dont feel like I want to play it. It really needs some more developing. Thank you :)

Don't just walk away like that, stay, share your opinions about what you would do to change it! Just saying you don't like it doesn't help us shape the update, it just lets us know you're disappointing. Being a player at this point in testing, you can help shape it towards what you would like to see.

You are saying bosses aren't something to be killed alone, well that's wrong in most MMORPG's bosses can be killed solo with best gear.

First off, I said SHOULDN'T, and then said IN MOST CASES. Jeez you guys, you need to stop interpreting and read a bit closer at what I'm actually saying.

Sure, if you out level a boss, sure, go back and have your way with it, but that's because you're now higher level and much higher in abilities. Gear will obviously help there will possibly even be a method of survival I didn't think of, but as I was saying, on a general scale of difficulty, you shouldn't be soloing a king!

Now yes, there's been a lot of scaling back on what you directly are comparing in how skills give stats, but that's also because we gave a lot of that back in what you gain from the mechanics of skill power % to an attack skill and how you now have a secondary stat that influences the stats of most status effects. It's stepping a little back away from the simplistics of game play there once way and putting a little more reward if you give it some thought to come up with an effective build with these new mechanics.

I've heard much too many comments about how they still feel about the same, if not better, from the live server. PvP is undoubtedly going to feel different because we've made a significant amount of changes in your skills and your 'build' is likely no longer valid. So, try to re-explore what your options are and build off it.

Accuracy vs Dodge is an issue being addressed today and you might see that it makes a big difference in the end for something that may seem so simple. So let's get that out of the way first and continue testing to see how it affects everything, because it will.

#21 migsdali

migsdali

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 119 posts

Posted 10 July 2013 - 12:57 AM

Berserk & Berserker's Cry aren't dominating skills? :o

Don't just walk away like that, stay, share your opinions about what you would do to change it! Just saying you don't like it doesn't help us shape the update, it just lets us know you're disappointing. Being a player at this point in testing, you can help shape it towards what you would like to see.

First off, I said SHOULDN'T, and then said IN MOST CASES. Jeez you guys, you need to stop interpreting and read a bit closer at what I'm actually saying.

Sure, if you out level a boss, sure, go back and have your way with it, but that's because you're now higher level and much higher in abilities. Gear will obviously help there will possibly even be a method of survival I didn't think of, but as I was saying, on a general scale of difficulty, you shouldn't be soloing a king!

Now yes, there's been a lot of scaling back on what you directly are comparing in how skills give stats, but that's also because we gave a lot of that back in what you gain from the mechanics of skill power % to an attack skill and how you now have a secondary stat that influences the stats of most status effects. It's stepping a little back away from the simplistics of game play there once way and putting a little more reward if you give it some thought to come up with an effective build with these new mechanics.

I've heard much too many comments about how they still feel about the same, if not better, from the live server. PvP is undoubtedly going to feel different because we've made a significant amount of changes in your skills and your 'build' is likely no longer valid. So, try to re-explore what your options are and build off it.

Accuracy vs Dodge is an issue being addressed today and you might see that it makes a big difference in the end for something that may seem so simple. So let's get that out of the way first and continue testing to see how it affects everything, because it will.

i try again the boss now its +15 brave same sword and spear cant kill boss only axe can kill (im lvl 222)

#22 antsmeister

antsmeister

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 113 posts
  • LocationEstonia

Posted 10 July 2013 - 05:30 AM

Something still not right, i got attacked by a raider, he attacked me for like 3 seconds and bam!.. my hp was already half gone. not tanky enough to survive.

#23 Leonis

Leonis

Too Legit To Quit

• Retired
  • 4096 posts

Posted 10 July 2013 - 01:37 PM

Something still not right, i got attacked by a raider, he attacked me for like 3 seconds and bam!.. my hp was already half gone. not tanky enough to survive.

Some Raider builds will be better than others. I would try to ask what his build was and see if you can counter it, otherwise it also may be that his build is designed to take you out as well. :)

#24 KTFlash

KTFlash

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 232 posts
  • Server:Draconis

Posted 10 July 2013 - 01:54 PM

A class that is not designed to tank is not tanky enough... wondering what is wrong there.

#25 Leonis

Leonis

Too Legit To Quit

• Retired
  • 4096 posts

Posted 10 July 2013 - 02:30 PM

Well, to be fair KTFlash, the Champion is based on a class that's still supposed to be a higher in HP and defense. However, the Raider is also supposed to be a striker and fast hitting damage dealer, so I'm wondering if it was merely build vs build that won or if there's anything else going on.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users