Anhlabs Hacksheild What people should know - Technical Support - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

Anhlabs Hacksheild What people should know

• Please log in to reply
33 replies to this topic

#1 Puppet

Puppet

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 831 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 07 June 2013 - 11:07 AM

http://www.systemloo...gleX64_sys.html

Ro2 and hackshield as result Installs a HIDDEN SYSTEM LEVEL DRIVER. This can be found in Device manager>Non Plug and play drivers (Make sure Show hidden devices is checked in View) EagleX64 will Run any time Hacksheild runs and RO2 as a result.

I dont know about people here but I know people from other forums DO NOT like when a game installs a HIDDEN system level driver (root kit anyone?). Most people will instantly remove said program then that HIDDEN driver Which mind you are usual NEVER removed from the system when said program is uninstalled. Side effect of this hidden driver EagleX64 is that it can and will cause Huge Latency problems according to LatencyMON I regularly get 700-1500us spikes coming from this Hidden driver. Which could be why the game Random has 1 second freezes.

You will not find this driver listed in any Taskmanger only way to find it is threw the above method and when you click on it and go in properties>drivers you will see if its running or not this is the only way you will know the driver is running or for that matter even exists you wont even find the actual EagleX64.sys file anyway on your system threw Win7 File search if a company goes threw the trouble to hide there programs this well most people that know about this stuff want thing to do with the program that installed it to begin with.

This is DRM that hooks it self directly into your system that is hidden. I think people should be warned about this Aion did something similar and that DRM was pain to remove to. But they had the smarts to remove it.

I just thought people should be warned

Edited by Puppet, 07 June 2013 - 11:11 AM.

#2 Kuugenthefox

Kuugenthefox

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 180 posts

Posted 07 June 2013 - 02:29 PM

Why am I not surprised that a terrible game, made by a terrible company, with terrible anti-cheat protection, also has terrible DRM included.
this is so much terrible stacked on top of each other that it's making me want to get a plunger.

#3 coded

coded

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 630 posts
  • Location自分の夢に
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 07 June 2013 - 02:40 PM

yesh, That's why I said HackShield is a Virus/Rootkit! EVILLL!!! There are ways around hackshield too and I'm not talking about a temp bypass that ends up in DCing but a complete bypass. :heh: :p_smile:'

The bots prove it. What other evidence do you need?

Edited by coded, 07 June 2013 - 02:43 PM.

#4 GuardianTK

GuardianTK

They pay me to post.

• RO Fungineering
  • 9388 posts
  • LocationIn a certain mansion
  • Server:Chaos Renewal + Odin

Posted 07 June 2013 - 04:45 PM

Yeah, I've said it time and time again. HackShield does nothing to stop botting and cheating. Once they catch up to how it works, they'll just get past it without a care in the world. It's just giving legit players more headaches than helping out with anything.

#5 Puppet

Puppet

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 831 posts

Posted 07 June 2013 - 08:33 PM

I am rather surprised people arnt up in arms about this. Anything GAME installing a HIDDEN system Driver that you cant see in task mananger and need to go threw device manager to just find it a BIG NO NO in my book. Aion did the same thing and I left Aion till they removed the rootkit DRM.

It one thing to have DRM but something completely diffrent when it DRM that is a HIDDEN system driver.

#6 BerLeo

BerLeo

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 117 posts

Posted 08 June 2013 - 03:48 AM

So this is why the game takes 2 minutes just to start up?

#7 coded

coded

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 630 posts
  • Location自分の夢に

Posted 08 June 2013 - 01:03 PM

Well that and your video card initializing.

#8 Milkchan

Milkchan

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 41 posts

Posted 08 June 2013 - 03:15 PM

Well, you can remove this "EagleX64" and it's files and RO2 still runs fine nor does it reinstall itself upon starting the game.
This leads me to ...if it is not required to run hackshield or the game, whats the use of this then? Considering i could play just fine with EagleX64 and it's files being removed. If it really is required for hackshield to work then it shouldn't even start the RO2 client.

#9 Varunax

Varunax

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 386 posts
  • LocationNetherworld

Posted 08 June 2013 - 03:34 PM

Almost every MMO that has anti-hack programs installs some kind of hidden crap on your PC... Also, my net seems fine. I'm not sure how you're spiking so badly.

If they took the hackshield out lol. The botter population in this game would quintuple. I've seen it happen. :/

#10 Haboob

Haboob

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 931 posts
  • LocationBattlegrounds
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online 2

Posted 08 June 2013 - 03:34 PM

Hack Shield only stops the petty botters/cheaters and we honest players have to suffer because of them? The good botters who can bypass the hackshield can still bot, heck the game isnt even bot friendly because Zeny cannot be farmed in excess. The Hackshield should be dead, buried and forgotton.

#11 Iyeru

Iyeru

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 541 posts
  • LocationMadison, WI (USA)
  • Server:Odin

Posted 08 June 2013 - 03:36 PM

Where's Non Plug-n-Play on mine?

Posted Image

Hack Shield only stops the petty botters/cheaters and we honest players have to suffer because of them? The good botters who can bypass the hackshield can still bot, heck the game isnt even bot friendly because Zeny cannot be farmed in excess. The Hackshield should be dead, buried and forgotton.

Hackshield only disallows you to read the memory addresses of Ragnarok 2. Nothing else.

Edited by Iyeru, 08 June 2013 - 03:38 PM.

#12 Milkchan

Milkchan

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 41 posts

Posted 08 June 2013 - 03:48 PM

did you check "show hidden" in the "view" menu? My OS is german so the terms are maybe different, but something to enable hidden objects should be right in the "view" menu.

And on the bot subject, hackshield doesn't even stop bots. It's completly useless.
If people truely want to bot, they can... heck, some 17y old person who plays RO2 told me proudly in tells that s/he has a bot farming their mats to craft.
Also people have been abusing macro tools for guild exp farming as well, hackshield seems to give a damn if you have a macro/script tool working in RO2. Tho it's prolly on the same level as using a Logitech G510 keyboard with macro functions or alike.

Thats just how it is, shrug. ;o

Edited by Milkchan, 08 June 2013 - 03:55 PM.

#13 coded

coded

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 630 posts
  • Location自分の夢に

Posted 08 June 2013 - 04:28 PM

Actually, hackshield prevents any reading/writing, DLL injections, debuggers from running, memory allocation, function hooking, and it keeps programs from accessing it's process, but it's not really all that great since you can bypass it.

#14 GuardianTK

GuardianTK

They pay me to post.

• RO Fungineering
  • 9388 posts
  • LocationIn a certain mansion
  • Server:Chaos Renewal + Odin

Posted 08 June 2013 - 04:51 PM

Pretty sure there are bot forums that share in open view how to bypass these kinds of things.

#15 Iyeru

Iyeru

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 541 posts

Posted 08 June 2013 - 05:10 PM

did you check "show hidden" in the "view" menu? My OS is german so the terms are maybe different, but something to enable hidden objects should be right in the "view" menu.

Sensors wouldn't appear if my show hidden wasn't checked.

#16 Cruorbaci

Cruorbaci

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 163 posts
  • LocationArkham
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online 2

Posted 09 June 2013 - 03:57 AM

I'm curious to the nature of this Eaglex64 if this may possibly cause intermittent disconnections

#17 4420130521144309797

I am New.

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 09 June 2013 - 07:18 AM

I don't have it listed in device manager either. Maybe it doesn't install if you have the Steam version of the game? idk.

#18 Iyeru

Iyeru

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 541 posts

Posted 09 June 2013 - 07:26 AM

I don't have it listed in device manager either. Maybe it doesn't install if you have the Steam version of the game? idk.

I don't have the steam version.

#19 CutieRin

CutieRin

I am New.

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 09 June 2013 - 08:34 AM

i have the steam version of RO2 and i have it, to see the non plug and play drivers click on view and show hidden devices, also i dont get latency or ping problems from it
Posted Image

Edited by CutieRin, 09 June 2013 - 08:37 AM.

#20 coded

coded

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 630 posts
  • Location自分の夢に

Posted 09 June 2013 - 08:51 AM

EagleNT.sys is the kernel driver that performs all anti-hacking functions and methods like hooking or opening it's process from another program.
It might cause the DCing, I'm not sure, I think the DCing is either cause by either not updating or the client not being able to send a ping to the server. Hackshield uses heartbeat to notify the server that hackshield is still running or not which is the reason why you get DCed when you disabled hackshield.
Also, there are other DLLs that prevents you from disabling the EagleNT.sys which might conflict with virus scanners because it seem malicious to do that.

#21 Puppet

Puppet

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 831 posts

Posted 09 June 2013 - 09:05 AM

Show me where in WIn7 you find those files cause they dont exist on my pc just the EagleX64 under hidden devices in Non Plug and Play devices in device manager. Yes it can cause DC Among a whole mess of other problems.

I also went ahead and uninstall the game from my pc now why it might of remove the the actual hack shield folder EagleX64 is still on my PC. So again tell me how this it not rootkit Posted Image

@
CutieRin

It not ping problem it cause system latancy problem Run LatencyMon while Running RO2 for while you will see system lantency spikes coming from EagleX64.sys

Edited by Puppet, 09 June 2013 - 09:16 AM.

#22 coded

coded

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 630 posts
  • Location自分の夢に

Posted 09 June 2013 - 09:41 AM

Sorry but I can't tell you it's not a rootkit because

wiki:
A rootkit is a stealthy type of software, often malicious, designed to hide the existence of certain processes or programs from normal methods of detection and enable continued privileged access to a computer.

I have also stuided malware and did some reverse engineering and I can tell you again....it's a rootkit, it doesn't have to be malicious to be one.

As for the dcing, it could be anything since it IS a rootkit and virus scanners and anti-malware will pick up as one.

#23 Puppet

Puppet

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 831 posts

Posted 09 June 2013 - 09:48 AM

Well I have Manual Uninstall it, EagleX64 from Non Plug and Play drivers VIA the uninstall option there, But removing the Registry entry it add is not possible. Upon Install the game and EagleX64 is back. SO EVEN if you unistall this game the RootKit remains on you system and you have to manual uninstall it. Next I will posting the Huge system Latency Spikes it causes

#24 Puppet

Puppet

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 831 posts

Posted 09 June 2013 - 10:05 AM

Posted Image

And here is picture of that hackshield (EagleX64.sys) CAUSEING Huge System Latency Spikes. Anything over 1000us is consider BAD

Edited by Puppet, 09 June 2013 - 10:06 AM.

#25 CutieRin

CutieRin

I am New.

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 09 June 2013 - 11:03 AM

i dont see any problems from Eaglex64.sys also i like how latencymon is inaccurate, i can run two games at once RO2 and Garrys Mod (or CS:S or any other game) and dont have any problems at all
Posted Image

Edited by CutieRin, 09 June 2013 - 11:08 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users