6/12 Ragnarok's Tencennial Maintenance - Page 13 - Renewal Patch Notes - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

6/12 Ragnarok's Tencennial Maintenance

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
311 replies to this topic

#301 Fuuton

Fuuton

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2230 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 15 June 2013 - 03:31 AM

Oda is have a question regarding the Anniversary quest. Yesterday the chat box was working fine. Now we have been waiting for hours a nothing is happening. We are not sure if we need 4 or 6 people. We tried with 4 people and 6 people but nothing happened.

Where the crap did you get your party chat box kitties? o_O

#302 Razzez

Razzez

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 7119 posts
  • LocationUSA, Texas
  • Server:Chaos when no Time Gaps

Posted 15 June 2013 - 04:16 AM

Why not just lock this thread if everyone is going to be ignored anyways? Sending in tickets takes weeks to get replies so that won't do any good either. You don't want everyone sending pm's you get enough of those as it is & aren't able to respond to those either.

#303 ashS1

ashS1

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1162 posts
  • LocationIndia
  • Server:Chaos Renewal

Posted 15 June 2013 - 06:25 AM

Yes, there are more headgears being requested for the other third classes.

thanks for the reply...*hope these come out asap* :)

#304 IsisThump

IsisThump

Too Legit To Quit

• RO Fungineering
  • 1863 posts
  • LocationEden
  • Server:Renewal~

Posted 15 June 2013 - 06:45 AM

That's what she said.

omg Cara xD

#305 Skarlett

Skarlett

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 449 posts

Posted 15 June 2013 - 08:36 AM

omg Cara xD

Posted Image

#306 huad

huad

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 697 posts

Posted 16 June 2013 - 03:34 PM

please include slotting ads in the boxter update. they were quite abundant from boxes maybe 2-3 months ago but never updated in boxter since

#307 Razzez

Razzez

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 7119 posts
  • LocationUSA, Texas

Posted 17 June 2013 - 02:14 AM

please include slotting ads in the boxter update. they were quite abundant from boxes maybe 2-3 months ago but never updated in boxter since

There are many items they removed that have not only been in boxes but continue to be in boxes regularly. These items should never have been removed in the first place. Others along with myself have been trying to get Oda to add them back, for over a Month now, & were told they would be when the next Lucky Box came out, but that obviously didn't happen. They only did a partial update to Boxter with a few of the newer gear that had come out. They also haven't changed the Box out from the May Box to the current box. Most of the comments regarding this have been ignored. The only reply Oda gave was this excuse for it not being done still:

Boxter updates requires a significant amount of time to program. We have been working on it but it will not be updated this week.

This of course makes no sense with the length of time they have know this has needed to be done along with the fact they of course knew there was going to be a new box this month :p_swt:

Who knows maybe they will finally do it this week.

#308 Razzez

Razzez

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 7119 posts
  • LocationUSA, Texas

Posted 17 June 2013 - 09:20 AM

I've asked for a response from Oda in regards to this a few times but I guess he's not going to. I'm pretty sure it's not something he "can't" answer.

#309 killedbytofu

killedbytofu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2212 posts
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:a laggy one

Posted 17 June 2013 - 02:49 PM

im curious if games like Rose ever get updates or not. i dont see how they can possibly stretch themselves so thin and still run fully functionable games. we need a team of people dedicated to just adding content into RO so the current people that ARE trying to make content arnt so overloaded

#310 jsquishy

jsquishy

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 228 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 17 June 2013 - 05:09 PM

This low TI is a real piece of work. Parties are getting wiped cuz some idiots mob birds, one hit and leave.

#311 WiseFabre

WiseFabre

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 214 posts
  • Server:Orleans

Posted 18 June 2013 - 10:07 AM

This TI quest with gajomarts and Angry Birds seems fine in that it's not too hard. It just needs players to use more specific gears and maybe even some potions instead of their typical "generic all-purpose weapon/armor" and to not carelessly zerg rush.

I think a lot of players are too accustomed to shooting fish in a barrel with many excessively easy Turn-In (TI) quests. Surely the GMs know that past low-level TI have basically been run-and-gun extravaganzas with players rushing forward killing with AoE and even abandoning many unkilled monsters. The group of players isn't really a party but a mob continuously zerg-rushing. It's an unsightly and careless way of leveling; far too many players have become used to that way of playing which is why there are complaints in this thread. It's also annoying that parties typically exclude certain classes of players because those players don't do zerg rushes. This consistent feature of TI zerg-rush parties causes TI to be an unfair leveling feature relative to certain job classes. Was it the intent of GMs to create this mal-adjusted situation?

Future TI should at least occasionally have more difficult combinations of monsters. This will slow down the continuous zerg rushing, and will cause players to party better, to make decisions about choosing different gears for different encounters, and to toughen up their determination to be better players. Merely launching AoE in the general direction of a mob of easy TI monsters is no real use of playing skill. There's little to be learned doing that. As for Land Protector, some players should cast Ganbantein as there were hwizzes in TI when I last checked.

IMPORTANTLY, the more capable the players become, the less complaining they will do in these forums about monsters being too hard. So there are other long term benefits when players learn how to deal with angry birds.

In one aesthetic sense, it's too bad Kieri didn't suggest the combination of Gullinbursti and Cendrawasih.

#312 azumak1

azumak1

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1347 posts
  • Server:Chaos!

Posted 18 June 2013 - 12:19 PM

da truth.

+1 to all of that, honestly. Thank you, well done. I've been saying from the start that it's not a problem with the monster(s), it's a problem with this blitzkrieg-style party requirement that recruits 3 "types" (priest/aoe/tank) and says "DO WHATEVER YOU USUALLY DO TO KILL!" I've given several suggestions on how to deal with the problems and it's usually met with "TOO HARD/EXPENSIVE/CHANGETI/BAWWWWWWW" .... I'd like to see some of these people that live off TI try to put together a Bio3/4/Thanatos Tower party, or other dungeons/instances that require skill... Where stepping 8 cells away from the party can wipe everyone back to town in a flash, whee~

Also, tons of people are totally blaming poor Kieri for this low TI. What she actually did was suggest Banaspaty and Cendrawasih. The next poster sugg'd Gajomart. They picked one of each of their suggestions for the low TI. GOOD FOR BOTH OF THEM! I'm glad we can make TI suggestions and what do some of us do?! We rip them apart, insult and complain to the poor people that were just trying to participate.

People might be annoyed at their lack of gained experience, but you're getting a lot more actual experience playing in difficult situations... which usually doesn't happen until 135+ nowadays.

Oh... and random comment....Biochems shouldn't be leveling in low TI anyway... this is one of the very few TIs where people should actually want them for the 'Chem Protection' skills... but anyway, Biochems should be soloing ET runs with Acid Bomb to level. Sorry, that's how it is. 'You'd be a fool to not take advantage of the quickest exp possible' said someone that I rarely agree with. Well, that's how it's done on a Biochem, deal with it. This doubly applies with instant Acid Bomb from Valk Rand Helm.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users