nubbykiddo

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 377 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online 2
  • Server:Odin-Ch13

Posted 11 June 2013 - 10:47 AM

Kay, well, first of all, why do I have to get my HP to 5k+ again? :v

I just started doing RHD's cuz I thought that was the next step after doing Sandarman and having no quests left but the dailies.

I got all my RHD gears and 5 STC's, but my hp is still just around 4.7k unbuffed.
I have 4 Radiant Vit runes, and 3 Radiant Agi runes on my eq's, and 5 vit on base stats.

I see rogues and sins have 6k hp+ in game. I'm guessing it's because they've already raided?
Do I HAVE to have 5 STC+'s, then?

I'm just lost right now on what to do next, really.

#2 Sonnen

Sonnen

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 83 posts

Posted 11 June 2013 - 07:12 PM

Your HP is fine for normal raids. If you really want a big HP boost buy VIP card.

#3 Nitro

Nitro

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1325 posts
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:Nothing

Posted 12 June 2013 - 09:42 AM

Highly recommended you avoid PVE arena,, and possibly Bapho, until you get 5k+. Some of the bosses can hit harder than that HP on an assassin. Without VIP, I think my assassin would have had the same HP as you at 50. I was able to pretty much get into raids immediately because of being over that minimum 5k+ HP barrier. PVE arena mobs hits so much harder than Bapho though it is not even funny, and they actually TRY to kill melee DPS on purpose.

#4 Shiris

Shiris

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 48 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:RO2 - Odin

Posted 12 June 2013 - 05:43 PM

You pretty much need VIP to have the HP, I'm like pretty much all in epic raid normal gear with 1 RHD pants and I still wouldn't have enough HP (even after slotting all VIT, with recruit hat/costume also slotted vit) to do hard raids otherwise. This brings me to like 5.8k unbuffed (with VIP), 6.6k with priest buff.

Maybe after you're all geared up then you won't need VIP lol, not sure. But before then yeah need VIP.

Your HP is pretty much good enough for normal raids though, or maybe 100 hp under. I think the magic number for normal raids was like around 5.5k buffed minimum while hard was like 6.5k minimum or so (I barely survive bapho breath with this in hard mode, the stupid 4th boss in pve arena hard mode still one shots me though). But yeah, like Nitro said VIP helps dramatically for raiding.

Edited by Shiris, 12 June 2013 - 05:47 PM.

#5 nubbykiddo

nubbykiddo

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 377 posts

Posted 12 June 2013 - 07:17 PM

I went to a Bapho and PVE raid today (both normal) and it went fine and I actually didn't die that many times, but still got one-shotted by some bosses.
Also got a glove that boosted my hp to 4.9k. Yay :v
But man. I have to buy VIP? That sucks :/ Moneyzzzz.

#6 AssassinKai

AssassinKai

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 48 posts
  • Server:Odin

Posted 13 June 2013 - 03:07 AM

As an assassin you need VIP no matter what.......the AH are selling it for like 600-800 but try shouting in trade some trader will trade it off for cheap price......cause vip +5 stat to all and 10% hp so its a must !!!

For your rhd set......you can slot agi or str dont bother with vit runes.....and for your stc try getting it to +stc normal that way you can get 21 vit on each card.....i hope that helps
Try doing raids for bap even with 4.7k hp if you have a good guild who dont mind helping normal bapho or pve

If you love pvp then farm bp points that way you will be able to reach 6k-7k unbuffed

#7 Adamage

Adamage

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 115 posts

Posted 13 June 2013 - 10:32 PM

You should check the rogue thread about 6k+ hp rogues out ther,e it applies to all dps really. You should socket vit in all slots, and get 5x STC. Living is the hard part. Considering I have been hit for 7.3k hp in hardmodes (buffed i have 7.6~7.8khp)/ ATM I only have pvp weapon and chest, but really. If you die before you can even react to hit a master red potion and for a healer to get to you, you need more hp.

#8 Adamage

Adamage

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 115 posts

Posted 13 June 2013 - 10:34 PM

As an assassin you need VIP no matter what.......the AH are selling it for like 600-800 but try shouting in trade some trader will trade it off for cheap price......cause vip +5 stat to all and 10% hp so its a must !!!

For your rhd set......you can slot agi or str dont bother with vit runes.....and for your stc try getting it to +stc normal that way you can get 21 vit on each card.....i hope that helps
Try doing raids for bap even with 4.7k hp if you have a good guild who dont mind helping normal bapho or pve

If you love pvp then farm bp points that way you will be able to reach 6k-7k unbuffed

This will get you killed. Seriously, this along with people going 40str/40agi/8vit. At least go 36/36/25. The few hundred hp you get from socketing vit and doing that is the difference between life and death in hardmodes at times. Especially when they do freak crits.

DPS Moto: Dead DPS do NO DPS.

If you get to the point where random damage won't kill you, then worry about spending 1000's of zeny to min max that minimal dps gain. As it stands, you gotta live first.

Edited by Adamage, 13 June 2013 - 10:35 PM.

#9 DivineShadow

DivineShadow

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 62 posts

Posted 16 June 2013 - 05:43 PM

Kay, well, first of all, why do I have to get my HP to 5k+ again? :v

I just started doing RHD's cuz I thought that was the next step after doing Sandarman and having no quests left but the dailies.

I got all my RHD gears and 5 STC's, but my hp is still just around 4.7k unbuffed.
I have 4 Radiant Vit runes, and 3 Radiant Agi runes on my eq's, and 5 vit on base stats.

I see rogues and sins have 6k hp+ in game. I'm guessing it's because they've already raided?
Do I HAVE to have 5 STC+'s, then?

I'm just lost right now on what to do next, really.

6K HP is for raiding. HM raids have burst AOE that hit for over 6k. so if you don't meet that threshold, you die int he first 15 seconds of the fight. NM raiding can be done with 3 or 4 peices RHD gear.

#10 DivineShadow

DivineShadow

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 62 posts

Posted 16 June 2013 - 05:45 PM

This will get you killed. Seriously, this along with people going 40str/40agi/8vit. At least go 36/36/25. The few hundred hp you get from socketing vit and doing that is the difference between life and death in hardmodes at times. Especially when they do freak crits.

DPS Moto: Dead DPS do NO DPS.

If you get to the point where random damage won't kill you, then worry about spending 1000's of zeny to min max that minimal dps gain. As it stands, you gotta live first.

Never, EVER put points into VIT. it's a complete waste. im 31 Str. 49 AGI ZERO vit, I'm at 6.7K HP. no Vit runes, or potions, and no stats into Vit. IT's a complete waste.

#11 MelvinFTW

MelvinFTW

I am New.

• Members
  • 8 posts
  • LocationJupiter

Posted 22 June 2013 - 05:32 AM

Never, EVER put points into VIT. it's a complete waste. im 31 Str. 49 AGI ZERO vit, I'm at 6.7K HP. no Vit runes, or potions, and no stats into Vit. IT's a complete waste.

Agree.

41 str 41 agi here, 0 vit, all agi runes. VIP makes a difference tho...

#12 AssassinKai

AssassinKai

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 48 posts

Posted 26 June 2013 - 06:00 AM

VIT Runes = Doesn't make difference in COLO as i heard
str = the more damge/dps the more
agi= more cri more dodge more hits

You will get vit more or less from eqs.......yes that's a good moto the longer you survive the more dps you will make....but our job is to dps fast and hard not tanky and slow.........im getting 6k hp here with vip card and a colo eq with 5+stc so really i didn't even have vit and i survive longer then raids

#13 Cthulhuzealot

Cthulhuzealot

Amateur Blogger

• Banned
  • 188 posts

Posted 19 July 2013 - 02:41 PM

For future references, use vit runes only on RHD/Apostle/Valkyrie gear, and as soon s you start getting Colo gear use either STR or AGI runes on the equipment DON'T use VIT runes on Bapho(H)/PVE(H)/Colo/Colo 2/CoA(N)-(H)gear is a waste.

#14 Spirittq

Spirittq

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 27 posts

Posted 28 July 2013 - 02:46 PM

Okay, can anyone help me here?

I've got 5 STC cards, normal raid gear (except eihenjar top), but my hp is still only 4.9k, with top it will be 5.0k.

Am I doing something wrong or it's normal for sins to have low hp?

#15 9632130515120055620

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 742 posts

Posted 28 July 2013 - 08:00 PM

Okay, can anyone help me here?

I've got 5 STC cards, normal raid gear (except eihenjar top), but my hp is still only 4.9k, with top it will be 5.0k.

Am I doing something wrong or it's normal for sins to have low hp?

Do you have the colloseeum weapon? It gave me a massive +62 VIT from my goblin leader weapon, which is equal to 372HP. I have full Einherjar, boots are H Einherjar, and CoA N gloves. I VIT runed everything and I'm sitting at 6K unbuffed. The sad truth is that thief classes really need colo/CoA gear or they're bust in terms of health, and not many people are willing to spend BP right now.

#16 Spirittq

Spirittq

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 27 posts

Posted 28 July 2013 - 08:31 PM

No, I only have gear from normal raids, top from RHD. I just don't like the idea that to get in raids you need colo gear, becuase the purpose of raids is to get gear, but why bother, if colo gear is still better :\

#17 Leinzan

Leinzan

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1223 posts

Posted 31 July 2013 - 02:11 PM

Hard mode CoA is stronger than colo... so that might have been the kind of Raid you ran into

Edited by Leinzan, 31 July 2013 - 02:12 PM.

#18 nubbykiddo

nubbykiddo

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 377 posts

Posted 16 August 2013 - 11:29 AM

Hey guys. Back again to my old thread. Haha. I've managed to get into raids and slowly be able to increase my HP. And then over time I slowly got my Colo gear. I'm now fully Colo geared, I have VIP, and I have vit runes in half my gear(I'm not worried with this. I heard you can replace them. And you can. I tested it out and you can.) And I only have 6.8k. I heard for CoA H I need 7k. I'm not worrying much about it for now because I still have to run and learn CoA N. But just in case. I'm asking early xD so yeah. Any tips? O:

#19 7473130511053806230

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 335 posts

Posted 17 August 2013 - 06:08 AM

Make zeny. Buy VIP card from AH. I have 7.6k buffed HP. No VIT runes. 

#20 nubbykiddo

nubbykiddo

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 377 posts

Posted 17 August 2013 - 07:19 AM

I have a VIP. I have STC's, VIP, and full colo gear. 6.8k unbuffed.

#21 Leinzan

Leinzan

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1223 posts

Posted 17 August 2013 - 09:16 AM

VIT runes should give that last push you need for the 7k, but thats kinda pointless and worthless... Blessing will get you above the 7k after all if you already have 6.8k unbuffed

#22 nubbykiddo

nubbykiddo

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 377 posts

Posted 17 August 2013 - 11:19 AM

Yeah I have VIT runes equipped right now. So if I get 7k+ when I get blessing, would people still take me for CoA H even with just 6.8k unbuffed? Just like how people took me with 4.8k hp unbuffed on my first time running bapho N?

#23 Leinzan

Leinzan

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1223 posts

Posted 17 August 2013 - 07:02 PM

First you are commiting one very very VERY big mistake here.

The ppl who asks you to have 7k unbuffed aren't the WHOLE world.

There is ppl out there who will accept you with less than that (heck I don't even think you can reach the 7k with full colo, all +5 vit runes, 5 STC+ and VIP).

Before limiting yourself with that mentality of "if I don't comply with what those ppl needs from me I can't do nothing" of yours, find out a group that will take you in.

Having MoG at 5 will help bribe your way into those groups, unless you are going with guildmates, of whom if they request you with this ridiculous idea you should reconsider your guild alocation.

In conclusion: Go and find it out, there MUST be ppl out there willing to take you in. Definetely.

#24 mysticalre

mysticalre

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 837 posts

Posted 17 August 2013 - 10:56 PM

just for reference, full colo with 1 base VIT, STC+ and no VIT runes should give thief classes about 6.7k unbuffed

6.7k unbuffed (~7.6 - 7.7k buffed) is generally enough for CoA H, and it's definitely enough with a good party

Beyond colo gear, if you're still wanting more HP (I don't really wanna recommend it though), the most efficient way is to reroll to a 33/33/32 build, instead of using VIT runes. This way, you're at least sacrificing 8+8=16 STR/AGI for 32 VIT (1:2 ratio), instead of a 1:1 by replacing AGI runes directly with VIT.

I thought about doing this too to reach 8K buffed HP without VIT runes, but I think it's not needed

#25 nubbykiddo

nubbykiddo

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 377 posts

Posted 18 August 2013 - 11:17 AM

First you are commiting one very very VERY big mistake here.

The ppl who asks you to have 7k unbuffed aren't the WHOLE world.

There is ppl out there who will accept you with less than that (heck I don't even think you can reach the 7k with full colo, all +5 vit runes, 5 STC+ and VIP).

Before limiting yourself with that mentality of "if I don't comply with what those ppl needs from me I can't do nothing" of yours, find out a group that will take you in.

Having MoG at 5 will help bribe your way into those groups, unless you are going with guildmates, of whom if they request you with this ridiculous idea you should reconsider your guild alocation.

In conclusion: Go and find it out, there MUST be ppl out there willing to take you in. Definetely.

It's pretty hard to find that kind of group :/ I found one when I was a newbie lv 50 that took me with 4.7~4.8k to bapho. My guildies would gladly take me in for a CoA run, but they just started Bapho N as a guild. They're not geared enough to try CoA. So I'm just helping them gear up while trying to find a group for Coa N, and I tried earlier when lockouts reset. This was for normal. But the guy said he wanted people with 7k. 

That "if I don't comply with what people need, I can't do anything" of mine is because people in general want that high hp so they don't have to stress out in healing others while they heal the tank.

And mystic, I don't think I'd want to reroll to a 33/33/32 build :P Thanks for the idea though.

I currently have just STC's. I'll try going and making 5 STC[Norm+] or something.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users