New Cash shop Headgears - Page 3 - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

New Cash shop Headgears

• Please log in to reply
233 replies to this topic

#51 killedbytofu

killedbytofu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2212 posts
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:a laggy one

Posted 12 June 2013 - 07:36 PM

Cart cannon became fully endow-able recently with the bug fix update. I cannot tell you how tremendous of a buff this was to cart cannon. 100k cart cannons with holy/soul/element cannons which Exvee describes, is something that can be achieved with high-end equipment, that is without god items. A genetic with regular gears are able easily out-dps and severely out damage almost any class without much support. If this is something you did not know about the genetic class, then you should definitely reflect on how you've been playing this class, you're doing SOMETHING wrong.

Inu's headgears give a huge buff to classes and builds that are even more obsolete than any genetic or mechanic class. Spell fist, ME priest, Severe Rainstorm are all builds that just AREN'T competitive in higher levels, but are made viable because of these new headgears. Also, revamping other classes/builds does not trample over merchant class builds and their effectiveness in PvM. It's really disrespectful to Inu that you're complaining about her efforts in revitalizing alternative builds because you don't know how to make a build around cart cannon.

Yes, Cart Cannon is an amazing skill. It does NOT need to be buffed and we're all glad that Inu's headgears help BALANCE the classes.

ok you show me a 100k cart cannon in high ti right now please. everyone always talks about endowed cannonballs, but what you fail to mention is how limited you are on what you can actually kill with them. also no high end item does 100k dmg. im sorry but the best items gens have access to are HF and red twin and neither of these do 100k dmg cart cannons. even with 120 INT, i dont think this is achievable. even with +12 on a red twin, you still cant hit 100k without lex, striking, edibles, and a million other unrealistic buffs that the average leveler doesnt have. and even if you could hit 100k, thats still only on monsters weak to whatever element cannonball you use, not the majority of monsters roaming around the game.

25% more dmg is hardly going to make SR more competitive when it costs 108 SP per cost and has a disgustingly long cooldown. if the hat knocked 25% fixed cooldown off and lowered cost, then we could talk

while i agree the sorc and priest hats are dope, they are 2 classes that have no problems finding parties or needing to compete with anyone. meanwhile the classes that DO need help arnt getting it. yes i will complain about mechanics being shafted time and time again because many people love this class and we just keep getting pushed to the back seat.

#52 Sapphic

Sapphic

Too Legit To Quit

• RO Fungineering
  • 2660 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 12 June 2013 - 07:43 PM

Not to mention it takes the rideword slot, so it's tons of sp!!

#53 killedbytofu

killedbytofu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2212 posts

Posted 12 June 2013 - 07:48 PM

Not to mention it takes the rideword slot, so it's tons of sp!!

yea without some sort of SP compensation, the SR hat is worthless. the sp cost on this spell is just too high. thus why i made the comment earlier about the devs being out of touch. im not trying to troll. im just pointing out whats blatantly obvious to anybody that actually plays the class

#54 WarlockFier

WarlockFier

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3395 posts
  • Server:Silph Road

Posted 12 June 2013 - 07:55 PM

Tofu, nobody will share their gears secret with you complaining none stop about other class getting buffed gears.. Seriously, chillax. =]

Trying to achieve 100k damage just prove you are being unrealistic, most average players don't even reach that much even on rangers. I have seen rangers who struggle to get 60-70k damage. Gene are the number 1 class for MVPing so I really don't see why you are crying about them needing anymore buffs. If you are having trouble finding party as a Gene you should probably be the one recruiting instead. Problem solved. If no one wants to join your party, well supply Gwing. =P or find your own guildies to form a party.

I do not own any MVP or God items and I have been dualing with a friend on TI just fine with regular gears on my Gene for the past months. =x

Besides, using hats has disadvantages where you cannot use hats like RWH or Witch Pumpkin Hats. And they aren't as good for WOE. I mostly want the Warlock Hat because it's so cute. :3

#55 killedbytofu

killedbytofu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2212 posts

Posted 12 June 2013 - 08:09 PM

Trying to achieve 100k damage just prove you are being unrealistic, most average players don't even reach that much even on rangers. I have seen rangers who struggle to get 60-70k damage.

finally someone who isnt completely full of crap :p_hi:

im just saying that cart cannon needs some boosts because it is greatly underperforming in most situations when it needs to be doing better, such as TI's, Malangdo instance, and Scaraba for example. what good is a leveling spell that takes 20 seconds to kill each monster. having endowed cannonballs was a decent update, but only if you hunt down undead/ghost/ or things weak to those 3 elements which lets face it, there arnt much of post 130. everything is insect or brute

arm cannon as well. this spells SP cost is way too high for the low SP pool that mechs get and the damage is only decent if youre using a pile bunker which costs 100 million to buy and RARELY goes on sale. even the brocca has gone up to over 100m now which is insane (and also is almost NEVER on sale). and the cast timer is pretty sluggish too resulting in the player needing like 100-120 dex just to use it in real time

Edited by killedbytofu, 12 June 2013 - 08:13 PM.

#56 teffalockheart

teffalockheart

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 513 posts
  • Server:Chaos in Classic

Posted 12 June 2013 - 08:14 PM

or you can just be afkemist lvling homunculus sera > then use painkiller to solo TI

but then, someone will say

"i feel this doesnt make sense!!!" do you know how hard to lvl a homunculus S to wait for its skill, we need to use AI, afk all day, fight for best afk spot, bla3...

#57 WarlockFier

WarlockFier

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3395 posts
  • Server:Silph Road

Posted 12 June 2013 - 08:30 PM

If Cart Cannon needs some boost it has to be a gear that would not stack on top of Megs or other OP gears. =P Gene with megs are completely OP and can take on ET solo with just cart cannon. I have to disagree that Cart Cannon needs anymore boost because they have alternative ways to be buffed without needing the new hats already.

I was able to do a 2 man party on most TIs with my Gene for the past months though. I don't have any gods or mvps either.

#58 kasshin

kasshin

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3686 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 12 June 2013 - 08:42 PM

It's very easy to get instant cast or near-instant cast on Cart Cannon with strings. Without strings, if stacking enough cast reduc gear that doesn't even cost much, you can have very, very good DPS. It's not about how much each shot does but how many shots you can pull off within a certain amount of time. With just strings and not even other easily accessible buffs, CC is already one of the highest DPS aoe skill at the moment in the game.

Gens who take the effort to level their homunculus instead of trying to speed BM their way to 150 in one week will be rewarded greatly. You can easily solo 90% of the high TIs with pain killer. Dieter gens will have a huge ATK boost from pyroclastic and can provide good damage for their parties.

Rangers are just good in PVM / turn in party settings. They have very high burst damage, which is good for one shotting monsters and moving on to the next mob. But when they can't one shot the monsters, you need two or more rangers. This is also where other DPS classes come in, to help finish off the monsters the rangers don't one shot. Rangers also can't wear any reductions at all due to not having a garment slot (for raydric) and not being able to equip a shield (when using bow). How many rangers do you really see solo PVMing at the high level range?

Not to mention, there's the option of MVPing for exp, even as biochem. You can solo a lot of MVPs if you have the right reduction gears as a low level Gen, and even as a lvl 80 biochem.

#59 GypsyTearss

GypsyTearss

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 193 posts

Posted 12 June 2013 - 08:54 PM

Average to higher end gears on a genetic (backpack, 2 rwc's, etc without gods) should be more than enough cast on strings in pvm with at least 20k with the right build. That's in neutral damage, you are welcome to endow for more.

#60 GypsyTearss

GypsyTearss

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 193 posts

Posted 12 June 2013 - 08:57 PM

or you can just be afkemist lvling homunculus sera > then use painkiller to solo TI

but then, someone will say

"i feel this doesnt make sense!!!" do you know how hard to lvl a homunculus S to wait for its skill, we need to use AI, afk all day, fight for best afk spot, bla3...

took around a week to 2 weeks for 116-123. i switched between ant hell & orc dungeon 2.

#61 mikayel

mikayel

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 796 posts

Posted 12 June 2013 - 09:00 PM

Question: how long will these headgears be available in shop?

#62 killedbytofu

killedbytofu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2212 posts

Posted 12 June 2013 - 09:01 PM

lol balancing a game around the .001% of people with god items is absolute madness

How many rangers do you really see solo PVMing at the high level range?

lots....you know you CAN trap right lol. that doesnt stop being something you do when you arnt hunter anymore =p

#63 littlechiyo

littlechiyo

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1560 posts
  • Server:Renewal & Classic

Posted 12 June 2013 - 09:04 PM

ok you show me a 100k cart cannon in high ti right now please. everyone always talks about endowed cannonballs, but what you fail to mention is how limited you are on what you can actually kill with them. also no high end item does 100k dmg. im sorry but the best items gens have access to are HF and red twin and neither of these do 100k dmg cart cannons. even with 120 INT, i dont think this is achievable. even with +12 on a red twin, you still cant hit 100k without lex, striking, edibles, and a million other unrealistic buffs that the average leveler doesnt have. and even if you could hit 100k, thats still only on monsters weak to whatever element cannonball you use, not the majority of monsters roaming around the game.

25% more dmg is hardly going to make SR more competitive when it costs 108 SP per cost and has a disgustingly long cooldown. if the hat knocked 25% fixed cooldown off and lowered cost, then we could talk

while i agree the sorc and priest hats are dope, they are 2 classes that have no problems finding parties or needing to compete with anyone. meanwhile the classes that DO need help arnt getting it. yes i will complain about mechanics being shafted time and time again because many people love this class and we just keep getting pushed to the back seat.

I think your issue is personal in that you want mechanics to be buffed up. I don't disagree because that class has been plagued with bugged skills and few class specific gears dedicated to the class. I want to point out that the genetic class does NOT have as many problems.

The context in which 100k cannons were brought up is against ghost property monsters and endows that were previously not achievable. This is basically classic specific to genetics, which is a huge buff to CC. Genetics do 20-30k on average in high level TI and there is no delay on their DPS. In the duration of one Arrow Storm and its cooldown, the average genetic can CC twice or maybe three times depending on build. The average high TI mobs also are NOT above 120k in HP. With the exception of Bio 3 monsters, Phylla and Ancient Tree, most if not all other common high level TI monsters have much less. The point here is, in terms of balance in class, genetics do not lose to rangers in damage so they will always be useful in parties. They don't require strings for dps, they don't need sacrament and their SP issue is negligible, as compared to many other offensive classes.

I think the wanderer hat is meant to be used in conjunction with the accessory which gives SR a 50% damage improvement and even more SP return, on top of the 50% sp cost reduction. The hat is good, it's not OP. It will kill in mid TI but SR will probably still be negligible in high levels. However, I don't think giving wanderers an OP hat will solve the imbalance with wanderers. SR is definitely a part of buffing the class, but the sad reality of performer classes is their most useful skills are their second class skills. I'm all for balancing classes, and I think these hats are an attempt at that. This indicates to me that mechanics can also be buffed up with new headgears such as these. You putting Inu down about these hats does not encourage productive work.

#64 Lunebeam

Lunebeam

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 342 posts

Posted 12 June 2013 - 09:06 PM

Given the number of genes (possibly the most common class online besides afk merchants or thief/rogue bots)on the server and that many of them can solo things including mvps many other classes/builds cannot. I'm not sure why they need a boost.

I am glad that the new headgears will see a greater return of some builds. I just don't see why it has to be cash shop gear that in some cases, is "fixing" the nerfs that never should have happened in the first place (Like to traps). Using gear to drastically fix bad choices in class skills is usually what private servers do.

More than that, I don't see why they'd be disabled in woe, instead of including woe only bonuses on top. Think about it, these sets are mostly boosting crap skills that no one would EVER use in woe. Am I going to go into woe and use axe tornado even with the bonus? NO. Even with many of the bonuses wearing the hat + assessories is losing reductions. Is a wander going into woe with the rainstorm set and casting it hoping to kill someone?

The extended novice headgear from the threads should be allowed even if none of the others are. They just flat out need every little bit of help they can get in woe.

Edited by Lunebeam, 12 June 2013 - 09:58 PM.

#65 candyZ

candyZ

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 544 posts
  • LocationMother Earth
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 12 June 2013 - 09:56 PM

Do all of these new hats' effects work in pvp/woe scene aswell? or pvm only?

#66 killedbytofu

killedbytofu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2212 posts

Posted 12 June 2013 - 09:57 PM

i dont understand why you guys think i was personally attacking this guy. youre making this about something personal and its really not. i never even saw that suggestion thread before today nor knew who was responsible for designing the hats. im just commenting off of what ive seen in my kafra shop box

i was also told we could expect a super awesome reward for doing anniversary quest today and ended up losing 5% of my exp only to be rewarded with 1% and get a stupid hat thats completely useless to me and cant be traded. then im told new hats are available so i get excited and look only to find that both classes i main have been completely ignored and theyre offering classes that function just fine as is new buffs so they can play with different builds..............:: facepalm ::

if my personal opinions on an item in a game really offend you that much, then maybe youre in the wrong business. im not trying to attack anyone here. im just trying to put in my 2 cents on the current state of the game

Given the number of genes (possibly the most common class online besides afk merchants or thief/rogue bots)on the server and that many of them can solo things including mvps many other classes/builds cannot. I'm not sure why they need a boost.

I am glad that the new headgears will see a greater return of some builds. I just don't see why it has to be cash shop gear that in some cases, is "fixing" the nerfs that never should have happened in the first place (Like to traps). Using gear to drastically fix bad choices in class skills is usually what private servers do.

We currently have such limited third class builds because of poor class choices. Third classes shouldn't need gear to make third class skills viable...Second class or first class, gear that makes those skills viable as a third class I can see. As that would allow people who might want to continue playing as if they never third jobbed. But why shouldn't third class skills just be fixed?

I don't like that already Madogear to use a skill actually requires you have one of the most expensive and op weapons in the game to use. But, more than that, its forever locking you to that weapon. Any classes that is based around these new items will still fail if down the road much better items come out that boost the "real" skill builds. Its just a small cash shop patch, much like the super novices angel skills when lvl 99 was max level.

im behind you completely. by making these hats, they acknowledge that the classes are broken. so why make these hats ridiculously expensive to have(on top of 500 kp you have to overupgrade them) when theyre needed to fix you? in all fairness, they shouldve implemented a class specific quest for each class to do to earn their appropriate hat (although that wouldnt make WP any money so you can forget that lol) or made each hat the reward for doing the anniversary quest.

edit*
they actually are purchasable in izlude through prize medals right now apparently. but you still have to spend the 100m+ just to overupgrade them to +9 so you really have to weight if these buffs are worth that much money or not ><

Edited by killedbytofu, 12 June 2013 - 10:42 PM.

#67 Humbelum

Humbelum

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 400 posts
  • LocationMade in Germany
  • Server:euRO->fRO->iRO Classic

Posted 12 June 2013 - 10:07 PM

Will they arrive on classic too? (with other stats and for other classes of course)

Edited by Humbelum, 12 June 2013 - 10:11 PM.

#68 HealingPalms

HealingPalms

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 784 posts

Posted 12 June 2013 - 10:11 PM

lol balancing a game around the .001% of people with god items is absolute madness

[/size]

lots....you know you CAN trap right lol. that doesnt stop being something you do when you arnt hunter anymore =p

Ok it has been said in this thread already most rangers do about 50-70k dmg and a gen 15-20k double the gen that's 30-40k add in strings that 45-60k and that's neutral with a immune and shield and that's all if the gen is running on very casual gears. My ranger does about 80-100k with high end gear but can't tank for crap and this use trap crap is rubbish who goes to a ti to kill 1 at a time you can't trap a whole mob

#69 mikayel

mikayel

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 796 posts

Posted 12 June 2013 - 10:14 PM

Other classes have hats that are on the way, in waves, I'm guessing?

Tofu -- you aren't trolling, there's sense to what you're saying, but you are coming off as a bit... caustic, shall we say?

#70 killedbytofu

killedbytofu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2212 posts

Posted 12 June 2013 - 10:25 PM

Ok it has been said in this thread already most rangers do about 50-70k dmg and a gen 15-20k double the gen that's 30-40k add in strings that 45-60k and that's neutral with a immune and shield and that's all if the gen is running on very casual gears. My ranger does about 80-100k with high end gear but can't tank for crap and this use trap crap is rubbish who goes to a ti to kill 1 at a time you can't trap a whole mob

i wasnt referring to TI when i said use traps lol. you shouldnt be able to solo a TI anyways. they were meant for partying. by using traps i was referring to leveling in places like scaraba, nidhoggers dungeon, eclage or w.e its called, el dicastes, hazy forest, etc etc.

it takes me like 10 cart cannons to kill those spiders in hazy forest. a ranger can do it in 2 casts which is 6 seconds. thats 6 seconds vs like 12-15. cart cannon just isnt as powerful as people are claiming. its a poor leveling tool and i think gravity knows it which is why they gave us fire expansion. i think in their minds, we were gonna use fire expansion to lvl on the high end content and cart cannon for the lower. sounds nuts? thats actually how gravity thinks things out. just look at the skills that cost money and exp to use. they intended merchant classes to be for rich people to throw money away on. thats why mechanics are setup so stupid with mado fuel + cannonballs + insanely expensive and rare weapon to function.

the peeps at kRO offices are out of their minds

#71 candyZ

candyZ

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 544 posts
  • LocationMother Earth
  • Server:Valkyrie

Posted 12 June 2013 - 10:44 PM

Um you know those headgears wouldn't make a damn impact on woe because the skills they are buffing are and would not be used to any useful effect. And as far as im concerned those poor maestro deserve the 50% fixed reduction if they are willing to for-go a cranial % headgear.

The Warlock one wouldn't be much better than a red pom setup either, at the loss of again demihuman reductions none the less. It's also not amping it's most powerful skills, it's increasing the weaker ones which is a good thing if anything.

Seriously even if they do work in woe there wouldn't be a reason to disable it in the first place.

Yea, I believe many ppl including me wouldn't buy these if they only work in pvm. Well, I've bought one of each lol just for cuteness. The effects are kind of gimmicky really, far from game breaking. Also, when you guys create new stuff and its effects and sell it in kafra store, pls make sure the description is correct, both its technicality (ex: ceb/redpom, reduce physical only or magical as well) and applicability (ex: woe sets stating bonuses which only work in pvp/woe)

Edited by candyZ, 12 June 2013 - 10:47 PM.

#72 stygionyx

stygionyx

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1463 posts

Posted 12 June 2013 - 10:54 PM

Shadow chaser needs more love in PvM *still waiting for SC's new gears*

#73 Lunebeam

Lunebeam

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 342 posts

Posted 12 June 2013 - 10:57 PM

the peeps at kRO offices are out of their minds

I'll agree with that. Mado was so annoying to use I reskilled to axe tornado build.

I'm actually kind of happier now, Now that I think about it, I kind of wish the full hat + assessory mechanic set gave use of the mado lvl 3 Analyze skill so I could mvp without having to start in madogear first. It would just be all around better than any bonus axe boomerang would get since I can't spam that skill at all due to the cool down. It could even require I have a scouter on for my mid headgear and I wouldn't care.

I mentioned in the suggestion thread that the axe mechanic hat needs to include all the axe tornado bonus. We just plain need assessories in pvm for healing cards when we solo. Axe tornado places users directly inside the middle of the mob and it's not strong enough to one hit anything lvl 100+. Also like archers, we cannot wear a shield unless we want to basically use a 140 base damage axe over a 330 one. And Axe tornado does have a cool down on it, leaving you right in the middle of the half killed mob while they butcher your hp. Unlike mado/most other classes we cannot gear swap since it cancels our most important buff that costs 5000 zenny to recast every time.

After each mob or during other classes can just witch hat/heal/food assessory. Axe tornado CANNOT.

Edited by Lunebeam, 12 June 2013 - 11:31 PM.

#74 Kieri

Kieri

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2995 posts
  • Server:Nothing.

Posted 12 June 2013 - 11:15 PM

I can't wait to play with that one that increase the four elemental warlock spells.

#75 Alicesaurus

Alicesaurus

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 491 posts
  • Server:Chaos Renewal

Posted 12 June 2013 - 11:39 PM

i dont understand why you guys think i was personally attacking this guy. youre making this about something personal and its really not. i never even saw that suggestion thread before today nor knew who was responsible for designing the hats. im just commenting off of what ive seen in my kafra shop box

i was also told we could expect a super awesome reward for doing anniversary quest today and ended up losing 5% of my exp only to be rewarded with 1% and get a stupid hat thats completely useless to me and cant be traded. then im told new hats are available so i get excited and look only to find that both classes i main have been completely ignored and theyre offering classes that function just fine as is new buffs so they can play with different builds..............:: facepalm ::

if my personal opinions on an item in a game really offend you that much, then maybe youre in the wrong business. im not trying to attack anyone here. im just trying to put in my 2 cents on the current state of the game

im behind you completely. by making these hats, they acknowledge that the classes are broken. so why make these hats ridiculously expensive to have(on top of 500 kp you have to overupgrade them) when theyre needed to fix you? in all fairness, they shouldve implemented a class specific quest for each class to do to earn their appropriate hat (although that wouldnt make WP any money so you can forget that lol) or made each hat the reward for doing the anniversary quest.

edit*
they actually are purchasable in izlude through prize medals right now apparently. but you still have to spend the 100m+ just to overupgrade them to +9 so you really have to weight if these buffs are worth that much money or not ><

Attacking him personally no, derailing the entire thread yes you are. Thats off topic and not appreciated. Go make your own thread about genectic and whine in there instead. In a way derailing threads so you can whine IS Trolling.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users