Reason for mass bannings? - Page 3 - Ragnarok 2 Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

Reason for mass bannings?

• Please log in to reply
175 replies to this topic

#51 Shabazzz

Shabazzz

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 113 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Legend of the 2nd

Posted 13 June 2013 - 12:04 AM

Better then whatever i was watching, wonder why this hasn't been locked yet
Posted Image

#52 SectsOnIce

SectsOnIce

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 30 posts

Posted 13 June 2013 - 12:04 AM

Why shouldn't you explain yourself? It works that way, have you read the terms of service about they reserve the right to terminate your access to the service? Explaining is the only way, why should they feel obligated to tell you whether your right or wrong, maybe you should actually try explaining what you've been doing, they won't help you if you don't help them know what you've been doing recently, if they have sensitive information from, logs about your transfers to a "mule character" it sets red flags to allow them to investigate you, you don't own the account yourself, warpportal does.

I don't see what the big issue is. Rebirth is using another character to hold his gold in case the off-chance that he gets hacked. I do this in all my MMOs. I did it when i was like 13 years old in Runescape, did it when I was 19-21 in Dragon Nest, do it now in RO2. This company seems to have a 'guilty until proven innocent' mentality from the vibe of this thread, regardless of how rude person X or Y is being. I understand that warpportal is doing their best to try and combat the exploitation of in-game currency, but it shouldn't interfere with those who are following the rules or those who have 'done their time', so to speak.

It just seems like warpportal is taking overly-drastic measures to ensure the legitimacy of this game. Not responding in game does not equate to botting, having gold mules does not equate to gold selling. Rebirth is just a victim of circumstance. I know him very well from Dragon Nest (Nexon game) and he has always played MMOs legitimately.

#53 Rebirth

Rebirth

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 151 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 13 June 2013 - 12:09 AM

When you joined RO2, you accepted the terms of service BLATANTLY. without disregard, so you gave them rights to terminate you if they see you doing something shady.

And don't deny this fact, you won't explain, they are not obligated to help you get sorted out, if you actually explained yourself you wouldn't be banned at all.

You're editing your posts but did you bother to see what I said or do I have to bold it for you?

They said they had records for my account.
If they really had my records which definitely show I haven't been RMTing. What else explanation would I need other than my records?
It 's like handing me a cookie and asking "Explain why you have this cookie"

And I still don't get why I haven't filed a ticket and responded with my situation. The lack of a proper response is what has me ticked off.

Why shouldn't you explain yourself? It works that way, have you read the terms of service

When you joined RO2, you accepted the terms of service BLATANTLY. without disregard, so you gave them rights to terminate you if they see you doing something shady.
ll.

Please do continue with this mindset. It's ironic.
If everyone accepted the Terms of Service without desregard, why was everyone complaining about the Tux/Dress incident. I mean, they do have the right to manipulate anything in their games so there shouldn't have been any complaints.

I'm guessing you didn't read but lemme do this a third time, I heard that 3rd time's a charm:
If they really had my records which definitely show I haven't been RMTing. What else explanation would I need other than my records?How is this shady, if they have my records which show I haven't been RMTing? How do I know they have records, please refer back to the many posts that I posted regarding IP addresses and accounts.

Edited by Rebirth, 13 June 2013 - 12:13 AM.

#54 Coulrophobia

Coulrophobia

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 112 posts

Posted 13 June 2013 - 12:09 AM

Yes, this is exactly like the treatment of Japanese Americans in the United States during World War II.

The parallels are astonishing.

"Come down, get off your -_- cross... We need the -_- space... To hang the next fool martyr."

Edited by Coulrophobia, 13 June 2013 - 12:10 AM.

#55 SectsOnIce

SectsOnIce

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 30 posts

Posted 13 June 2013 - 12:12 AM

Yes, this is exactly like the treatment of Japanese Americans in the United States during World War II.

"Come down, get off your -_- cross... We need the -_- space... To hang the next fool martyr."

Quoting Tool on RO2 forums. Maynard just died in his dream, woke up, pissed himself and jumped out of a 3rd story window.

#56 Rebirth

Rebirth

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 151 posts

Posted 13 June 2013 - 12:15 AM

I'm guessing you don't read in between the lines. I'm getting the feeling you're misplacing your hate onto me even though I haven't made affected you any direct way. Posting for the sake of just posting.

What I'm comparing isn't to the treatment of the Japanese Americans, but the responses they got even after writing many letters and records (such as the Munson report) that proved their innocence.
I don't know how on earth you pulled that out of your ass. But you've pulled the wrong thing

I have records that prove my innocence yet they ask me what I'm doing? LOL

Edited by Rebirth, 13 June 2013 - 12:17 AM.

#57 Coulrophobia

Coulrophobia

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 112 posts

Posted 13 June 2013 - 12:16 AM

Quoting Tool on RO2 forums. Maynard just died in his dream, woke up, pissed himself and jumped out of a 3rd story window.

Bill Hicks approves of this message.

#58 SectsOnIce

SectsOnIce

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 30 posts

Posted 13 June 2013 - 12:19 AM

I'm guessing you don't read in between the lines. I'm getting the feeling you're misplacing your hate onto me even though I haven't made affected you any direct way. Posting for the sake of just posting.

What I'm comparing isn't to the treatment of the Japanese Americans, but the responses they got even after writing many letters and records (such as the Munson report) that proved their innocence.
I don't know how on earth you pulled that out of your ass. But you've pulled the wrong thing

some ppl are just going to be racist

#59 Billeh

Billeh

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 192 posts

Posted 13 June 2013 - 12:19 AM

To try and bring this back to the actual topic, I'd also like to know a bit more how they false flagged so many accounts and whether or not their strategy for doing so is going to change.

I mean lets be real here, a lot of people got wrongly banned and subsequently un-banned, proving there had been a mistake despite certain people white knighting up a storm acting like WP could do no wrong. The whole thing has been extremely sketchy with a guilty until proven innocent type of mentality. It does seem like practically no real investigation went on and some automated system scanned for abnormal situations to be flagged for account bans. While it's understandable a large amount to go through may seem daunting for the actual team, it's better to take the time to get it right than rush ban good people and sour their faith in the game.

What Rebirth is saying isn't exactly crazy. WP claims to have the records, and those records should have indicated the innocence of all those they falsely banned yesterday in the first place. Yet they appear to have not even bothered looking at the data until after the fact.

And for the record, I was fortunately not caught up in the mess myself. Kinda feel like I have to put that out there before people start jumping down my throat with accusations.

Edited by Billeh, 13 June 2013 - 12:23 AM.

#60 SectsOnIce

SectsOnIce

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 30 posts

Posted 13 June 2013 - 12:21 AM

warpportal should contact the NSA and get at dem reaaaal records

#61 Rhint

Rhint

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 140 posts
  • Server:Odin

Posted 13 June 2013 - 12:22 AM

What does RMT stand for?

#62 Coulrophobia

Coulrophobia

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 112 posts

Posted 13 June 2013 - 12:23 AM

You don't have any records. They have records, which you are telling us say one thing. They seem to think they indicate another thing entirely. We don't really know who is right or wrong, since we only have your word to go on and I find it highly unlikely that you(or anyone else, for that matter) would admit to wrongdoing on these forums.

Don't get it twisted, I feel no emotion towards you at all. I just find your pomposity ridiculous. Comparing yourself to interned prisoners during wartime or to an equal rights movement? Seriously? Ask someone who was involved in those situations how they feel about you using them to make yourself out to be a hero.

#63 AmiiMii

AmiiMii

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1537 posts
  • LocationWarpportal Forums (RO2)

Posted 13 June 2013 - 12:23 AM

they have RECORDS Of what Certain people been doing E.G And i'll Quote, and other bits of what certain people been doing. E.G as i said before, FLAGGED for Suspicious Activity, Especially transferring to a Level 1 Character Without any explanation, Any Account/Character Involved with doing something that sets up a flag, For them to look at.

Name Transferred Item ID:???????? Amount:??????z ??????Rupee, Text (Message)

Edited by AmiiMii, 13 June 2013 - 12:24 AM.

#64 Varunax

Varunax

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 386 posts
  • LocationNetherworld

Posted 13 June 2013 - 12:24 AM

What does RMT stand for?

Real Money Trade®

#65 Jonss

Jonss

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 144 posts

oh my goshers!!! so many stupid people in one thread its amazing

"i dont see why you keep gold on level 1!!! im rly stupid"

#66 Rebirth

Rebirth

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 151 posts

To try and bring this back to the actual topic, I'd also like to know a bit more how they false flagged so many accounts and whether or not their strategy for doing so is going to change.

I mean lets be real here, a lot of people got wrongly banned and subsequently un-banned, proving there had been a mistake despite certain people white knighting up a storm acting like WP could do no wrong. The whole thing has been extremely sketchy with a guilty until proven innocent type of mentality. It does seem like practically no real investigation went on and some automated system scanned for abnormal situations to be flagged for account bans. While it's understandable a large amount to go through may seem daunting for the actual team, it's better to take the time and get it right than rush ban good people and sour their faith in the game.

What Rebirth is saying isn't exactly crazy. WP claims to have the records, and those records should have indicated the innocence of all those they falsely banned yesterday in the first place. Yet they appear to have not even bothered looking at the data until after the fact.

And for the record, I was fortunately not caught up in the mess myself. Kinda feel like I have to put that out there before people start jumping down my throat with accusations.

Thanks for playing Devil's advocate (LOL). There's a fine line from simple blunders and mistakes that should never be made. Was this a simple blunder or a fatal mistake? It's almost as bad as the Tux/Dress incident if not worst.

I see the CMs locking up this thread as they don't want to point out the faults that lies within their management than taking it up like a responsible company and learning from their mistakes.

WarpPortal: "Guilty until proven innocent"
ah yes, let's give everyone a bad impression of us and fix it later aka Soon™

You don't have any records. They have records, which you are telling us say one thing. They seem to think they indicate another thing entirely. We don't really know who is right or wrong, since we only have your word to go on and I find it highly unlikely that you(or anyone else, for that matter) would admit to wrongdoing on these forums.

Don't get it twisted, I feel no emotion towards you at all. I just find your pomposity ridiculous. Comparing yourself to interned prisoners during wartime or to an equal rights movement? Seriously? Ask someone who was involved in those situations how they feel about you using them to make yourself out to be a hero.

Ironic about you telling me not to get it twisted when you're the one distorting my take on my analogy. We're comparing the responses the Japanese Americans received, NOT THE TREATMENT

I find your asininity ridiculous. When told like what, 3 times I wasn't comparing the treatment but the response they receive and yet you still make it out the latter really surprises me (well not really anymore seeing the amount of ridiculousness in many people's response). And yes, it's exactly BECAUSE THEY HAVE the records is what even astonishes me even more. The records prove none of the characters that transferred money has been logged in another IP (since open beta and official launch).

Edited by Rebirth, 13 June 2013 - 12:30 AM.

#67 Jonss

Jonss

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 144 posts

Posted 13 June 2013 - 12:26 AM

warpportal should contact the NSA and get at dem reaaaal records

hahaha

#68 SectsOnIce

SectsOnIce

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 30 posts

Posted 13 June 2013 - 12:27 AM

oh my goshers!!! so many stupid people in one thread its amazing

"i dont see why you keep gold on level 1!!! im rly stupid"

amazing jon ur so right omg

#69 Rhint

Rhint

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 140 posts

Posted 13 June 2013 - 12:29 AM

Wait, if I keep my gold on a level one character, I could be banned?

#70 Rebirth

Rebirth

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 151 posts

Posted 13 June 2013 - 12:30 AM

WarpPortal: Guilty until Proven Innocent ™

#71 Coulrophobia

Coulrophobia

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 112 posts

Posted 13 June 2013 - 12:31 AM

Thanks for playing Devil's advocate (LOL). There's a fine line from simple blunders and mistakes that should never be made. Was this a simple blunder or a fatal mistake? It's almost as bad as the Tux/Dress incident if not worst.

I see the CMs locking up this thread as they don't want to point out the faults that lies within their management than taking it up like a responsible company and learning from their mistakes.

WarpPortal: "Guilty until proven innocent"
ah yes, let's give everyone a bad impression of us and fix it later aka Soon™

Ironic about you telling me not to get it twisted when you're the one distorting my take on my analogy. We're comparing the responses the Japanese Americans received, NOT THE TREATMENT

I find your asininity ridiculous. When told like what, 3 times I wasn't comparing the treatment but the response they receive and yet you still make it out the latter really surprises me (well not really anymore seeing the amount of ridiculousness in many people's response).

Response, treatment, whatever man. You're comparing extremely painful situations to your experiences in a video game run by a private company who has no duty to you whatsoever.

Seriously. There is no way to paint this in a light that makes your statements not only unsympathetic, but completely arrogant and presumptuous as hell.

#72 Jonss

Jonss

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 144 posts

Posted 13 June 2013 - 12:31 AM

not could u SHOULD be banned because if u keep ur gold on a lvl 1 that means ure a hacker and deserve to be banned

sry im a bit retarded

#73 Billeh

Billeh

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 192 posts

Posted 13 June 2013 - 12:32 AM

they have RECORDS Of what Certain people been doing E.G And i'll Quote, and other bits of what certain people been doing. E.G as i said before, FLAGGED for Suspicious Activity, Especially transferring to a Level 1 Character Without any explanation, Any Account/Character Involved with doing something that sets up a flag, For them to look at.

Yes, and I believe the "for them to look at" part is what the main concern is. Obviously that step was skipped over in the recent fiasco cause it went straight to bans which then had to be undone.

#74 Rhint

Rhint

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 140 posts

Posted 13 June 2013 - 12:32 AM

not could u SHOULD be banned because if u keep ur gold on a lvl 1 that means ure a hacker and deserve to be banned

sry im a bit retarded

Would someone who isn't making a scene mind addressing my question? I'd like an unbiased answer.

#75 Varunax

Varunax

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 386 posts
  • LocationNetherworld

Posted 13 June 2013 - 12:33 AM

You won't be banned.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users