ZeroTigress

My Offline Life is Nonexistent.

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Sakray->Iris->Ymir->Chaos

Posted 27 June 2013 - 11:02 AM

I'm too lazy for make something with UI. >_<
But early said - if you can obtain beta-client we can easy transfer UI from them.

But wouldn't the beta clients be overwritten by the new interface by now?

#77 AmiiMii

AmiiMii

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1537 posts
  • LocationWarpportal Forums (RO2)
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 27 June 2013 - 11:27 AM

They Would.

I'm used to extracting from screenshots tbh. having to clone textures onto a part of a interface bit so it's apply-able to game interface is one thing...

#78 1903121229162606143

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 24 posts
  • LocationUSA! USA!
  • Server:RO2 is DEAD

Posted 27 June 2013 - 04:16 PM

So useless nobody can play, right? <_< It;s far from useless.

Useless isn't a very good word for it.
Sloppy.
Too much crap on the screen.
There,

#79 coded

coded

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 630 posts
  • Location自分の夢に

Posted 27 June 2013 - 04:16 PM

So what is the differences between this and changing the music? I think it would be ok if nobody else can see your what you did and don't have to suffer from whatever you did if they hates it.

Also the file format used isn't any normal type file like png so you need to get the special tool to edit it...

#80 AmiiMii

AmiiMii

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1537 posts

Posted 27 June 2013 - 11:49 PM

GIMPshop > Export TGA/DDS as PNG/, Photoshop - > Edit - > Save File as DDS/TGA. (Or use gimpshop to save as DDS, since Nvidia texure tools can be confusing)

#81 Vandrewmm

Vandrewmm

Amateur Blogger

• Banned
  • 245 posts

Posted 28 June 2013 - 03:01 AM

Judging from what i've seen, I think gravity is launching things slower than it advertised considering its F2P... By making contents launch in progression, people would play the game longer and not max out complete everything instantly! Because, I believe developing new content is expensive...

#82 coded

coded

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 630 posts
  • Location自分の夢に

Posted 28 June 2013 - 09:11 AM

So can you share ways to do? or is that still being discussed?

#83 Nanition

Nanition

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 26 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 28 June 2013 - 09:13 AM

Neither CM or VM have said anything about this. I wish they would say yay or nay so we could get on with this.

#84 coded

coded

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 630 posts
  • Location自分の夢に

Posted 28 June 2013 - 09:59 AM

In this thread, we did discussed the format of the files and ways to edit them and they haven't deleted anything yet. If someone did post instructions then it might end up getting deleted with a mod warning. But then again, they haven't said they were going to ask a GM if it was ok or not unless they have already said it in that other post. If it was illegal to do then wouldn't they give us a warning first? Also, as I mention before, this is almost the same as change the mp3 except with just the UI, not the models or anything else. With this logic, I would say it'll be ok?

Edited by coded, 28 June 2013 - 10:03 AM.

#85 AmiiMii

AmiiMii

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1537 posts

Posted 28 June 2013 - 11:11 AM

It was said to directly by a GM Before When it was being questioned;

Are they using this to cause a unfair disadvantage,? Is it altering game play unfairly, and not in the way it was suppose to be used?

And from these questions, i'd say it's against terms of service sure, but however the kinks to it are from my perspective, and i'll say this

" As long as it isn't being used for unfair advantage at gameplay, or altering game-play in any way to cause unfair use of the game", then it would be fair, as it is only visible to you and you alone, however in their terms of service, it says in the fine print, of their EULA:

L) Modify any files that Gravity does not specifically authorize User to modify. Use of material, which is subject to the rights of any person or entity without the express permission of such rights holder, is prohibited, and will result in the termination of the User's usership and possible civil and/or criminal liability.

The Staff haven't specifically told you not to modify the files to your hearts content, but your subject to termination of your user service to the game.

However, With MP3 files in terms, they have allowed the changing of MP3 Files, but as a point. i doubt the staff will say anything about graphic files, unless they "terminate" the users account.

Edited by AmiiMii, 28 June 2013 - 11:13 AM.

#86 coded

coded

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 630 posts
  • Location自分の夢に

Posted 28 June 2013 - 12:57 PM

There was another post on this same forum but different game about this but they only shared pictures and pm each other the program to extract it.

I haven't tried it yet but I read that it works but it also has some errors and kinks that needs to be worked out.

#87 AmiiMii

AmiiMii

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1537 posts

Posted 28 June 2013 - 11:00 PM

Your allowed to share Custom VDK's yes.
The Program is a No, NO on a forum such as this. (except in a PM)

Edited by AmiiMii, 28 June 2013 - 11:01 PM.

#88 Nanition

Nanition

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 26 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 30 June 2013 - 03:04 PM

Wish we could get an official answer.

#89 Flash2k6

Flash2k6

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 124 posts

Posted 30 June 2013 - 03:14 PM

Wish we could get an official answer.

Unfortunately you won't but from their reaction we can see that they accept it even though they don't allow it. When I released my VIP Patch it was the same. People asked for an official response if it is allowed I evenw as in contact with Njoror before I released it but I never got an official answer.

When I asked him if it is ok to release my VDK file I gor this reply:

Sent 07 May 2013 - 06:47 PM
I will check today with our team to see if they are okay with that, and try and get back to you.

I asked him again two days later but that was his last reply to me for this topic. I guess he sent a request to kRO and they never replied but I don't know. The only thing I know is that when I released my VDK file some time later it never got deleted though I posted the link in this forum. I guess as long as it won't do something bad they will accept it.

#90 coded

coded

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 630 posts
  • Location自分の夢に

Posted 30 June 2013 - 07:42 PM

As long as you don't sell it and all that other stuff, you'll be fine, I hope.

#91 Cleffy

Cleffy

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2377 posts
  • Playing:Requiem

Posted 30 June 2013 - 10:49 PM

I would avoid altering the VDK. Chances are you will-_- up your game. Also its reasonable to assume Gravity may make it impossible to permanently alter the VDK. Your textures will turn purple. I think anything else that does not need an unpacker to be fair game.

#92 AmiiMii

AmiiMii

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1537 posts

Posted 30 June 2013 - 11:58 PM

I would avoid altering the VDK. Chances are you will-_- up your game. Also its reasonable to assume Gravity may make it impossible to permanently alter the VDK. Your textures will turn purple. I think anything else that does not need an unpacker to be fair game.

The person makes a copy of the VDK, then unpacks it. then modifies the graphical files, makes a kind of custom .VDK
(Almost similar to the other games "Patch-00.MPQ" but in another alternate form, using the VDK "00-Patch1.VDK")

Gravity may alter the game to their whim, that's their choice, they may make it impossible, that's their choice, however people make custom "Patches", not use their original versions as the modified versions.

Edited by AmiiMii, 01 July 2013 - 12:03 AM.

#93 coded

coded

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 630 posts
  • Location自分の夢に

Posted 01 July 2013 - 08:29 AM

That's why you should always backup before editing.

Somebody on the the requiem forum actually did a zombie mod, I hope to see the same modding here as well! Post some pics!

Edited by coded, 01 July 2013 - 08:30 AM.

#94 Cleffy

Cleffy

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2377 posts

Posted 01 July 2013 - 08:39 AM

That's the issue. Lets think about how a patch works. The patch opens the VDK, changes files XYZ, then repacks the VDK. Now lets say you have a modified VDK and the patch makes all your custom textures purple. You put back in your backup, but the backup has not been patched with files XYZ. The client already thinks it has patched, and does not put in those files into your VDK. You need to either get a version from a friend or redownload the client.

#95 Nitro

Nitro

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1325 posts
  • Server:Nothing

Posted 01 July 2013 - 09:11 AM

The transparent background on the quest window really bugs me. Any chance we can modify or fix that?

#96 AmiiMii

AmiiMii

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1537 posts

Posted 01 July 2013 - 09:16 AM

That's the issue. Lets think about how a patch works. The patch opens the VDK, changes files XYZ, then repacks the VDK. Now lets say you have a modified VDK and the patch makes all your custom textures purple. You put back in your backup, but the backup has not been patched with files XYZ. The client already thinks it has patched, and does not put in those files into your VDK. You need to either get a version from a friend or redownload the client.

The Original VDK's are unaltered, as the custom VDK's actually do no harm to the client, as i've tested them, aswell as used them when a patch was put on the client.

Copy Original VDK (Similiar to the MPQ Style of The "Other" game not allowed to be spoken of
Open VDK, Modify graphical files, as said
Repack into Custom VDK that does not use the original versions.
similiar to the other game's layout. Here's a example.

Have you played the other game? (Which is not allowed to be mentioned)

Game is unharmed

Textures can be remodified using copied versions of the original VDK's and so on, so to be exact, custom VDK's are the SAME as custom VDK's. except they're using a different file format.

Also the client will not patch over custom VDK's or whatsoever/launcher.

Edited by AmiiMii, 01 July 2013 - 09:24 AM.

#97 coded

coded

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 630 posts
  • Location自分の夢に

Posted 01 July 2013 - 09:21 AM

I did some reading on the file structure. I'm not sure if I am allowed to share it or not so I'm just going to say that they would rather make you download the package again rather then trying to edit the VDK package itself because there's more of a chance that it will brake if they patch it.

#98 AmiiMii

AmiiMii

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1537 posts

Posted 01 July 2013 - 09:25 AM

I did tons of model edits for previous games. there is no difference with this one, except it's using the same file structure as the other games i've previously played.

E.G MPQ,DAT.

File Format editing in this game, is the same as other ones almost.

Also, The client does not over-write data, it does not have this sort of protection(s) to over-write your game, i've tested this and even after one patch done to my folder, it hasn't done anything. so the modified VDK's (custom ones) cannot be over-written unless the folder is re-written, or data is read only, and the launcher WILL check all of your files which are the originals, not the customs, and if theres something missing it will write it back to where it belonged.

Edited by AmiiMii, 01 July 2013 - 09:34 AM.

#99 coded

coded

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 630 posts
  • Location自分の夢に

Posted 01 July 2013 - 10:52 AM

Yeah, I also deleted a file and it re-spawned after I launched it.

#100 Cleffy

Cleffy

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2377 posts

Posted 01 July 2013 - 10:58 AM

I'm only speaking of this from experience with Requiem. We started to edit the vdk with custom textures and models. After a patch those changes only stuck for one login then they turned purple.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users