#201 CSTMS

CSTMS

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 232 posts
  • LocationArgentina
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 14 July 2013 - 12:25 PM

There, i changed the colors. Are you not entertained?!?!?!

tumblr_lrakcdUySC1qlwnnpo1_500.gif

Thank you you grumpy lady A_A

#202 AmiiMii

AmiiMii

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1537 posts
  • LocationWarpportal Forums (RO2)

Posted 14 July 2013 - 12:30 PM

Hello. Which file is the face near our health/sp/guardian bars? I've been trying to put an image, in the HUD, overlapping the circle (where the face should be at) a little, but it just wont let me.

Also, which file is the "book" (quest window)? I've been putting images in every file where I see there's a "page" looking thing...but the images I put/edited just wouldn't show.

Rag2_con_002.TGA Quest Window (Upper Right, Quest Book)

Knight Notebook Should be on the upper left of:

Rag2_con_010.tga

Idk how to overlap the face image. You might want to ask Vahritos.

Edited by AmiiMii, 14 July 2013 - 12:36 PM.

#203 Vahritos

Vahritos

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 15 posts
  • LocationGermany
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online 2
  • Server:Odin

Posted 14 July 2013 - 12:51 PM

Hello. Which file is the face near our health/sp/guardian bars? I've been trying to put an image, in the HUD, overlapping the circle (where the face should be at) a little, but it just wont let me.

I can imagine how it can be done but don't know for sure. There is no image of "our" face. There is just a position set where the face should be shown. So the easiest way would be to change the UI at that position and just to remove the position where the face is shown. That would be in the file I mentioned in my older post.

So in the GameIN_MyChar.dlg you go to control ID 2. That should be idmap "GAMEIN_MYCHAR_IMG_CHAR". This is your face in the UI. You just need to set the width and height to 0 there. Best would be to do the same for control ID 3. Should be idmap "GAMEIN_MYCHAR_IMG_ALPA".

Edited by Vahritos, 14 July 2013 - 12:52 PM.

#204 iyoter

iyoter

Awarded #1 Troll

• Banned
  • 566 posts
  • LocationPhilippines

Posted 14 July 2013 - 06:18 PM

Thank you AmiiMii..thank you Vahritos..you guys are great!

#205 AmiiMii

AmiiMii

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1537 posts

Posted 17 July 2013 - 08:32 AM

Swapping hair is possible.

Here's a hair swap i managed to do. but it looks elevated and way out of place (Plus the hair texture is red rofl?). it really does :C

9mg.png

Kafras Have huuuuge heads. RLLY THEY DO!

Edited by AmiiMii, 23 July 2013 - 04:05 PM.

#206 coded

coded

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 630 posts
  • Location自分の夢に
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 17 July 2013 - 11:38 AM

Remember that some update/patches might not work if you changed the UI.VDK so don't forget to make an original copy of the VDK!!

These Edits look awesome, I hope to see more!

#207 AmiiMii

AmiiMii

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1537 posts

Posted 17 July 2013 - 11:45 AM

@coded you don't over-write the original VDK. FOLLOW MAH GUIDE.

#208 xdada

xdada

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 318 posts

Posted 17 July 2013 - 06:04 PM

Thanks for the guide. One thing thou, Im having problems regarding alpha channel procedure and remaking the original color codes. A more detailed guide would be great :P

Still this will help the art loving community. Kee it up guys!

#209 MarcPangit

MarcPangit

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 17 July 2013 - 07:18 PM

LoL. There's a reason why dWar's tool is kept secret. It's a double-edged sword that shouldn't be shared lightly.

On one edge, you can have several advantages.
You may edit you client skin (UI.VDK\UI\UI\Texture) and be as creative as you like. Heck, you can even play with alpha channels
and make your own ironman-like HUD interface if you want.
You can also extract several data tables to create your own wiki-like datapage so you have references of all items, prices, skills, etc.

On the other edge however, you may give others a disadvantage.
Example, you may tinker with the ExpTables (ASSET.VDK\ASSET\ASSET\BaseExpTable.ct), so killing a Poring will give you 424928 exp, and you
can jump from Level 1 to Level 50 in one attack. Or you can just be a jerk and change the Alberta Warp Scroll's price to 1 rupee (you cheapskate).
Heck you may even make an item tradable or unbound and swap items.

Either way, those people who have the proper tools and knowledge should watch carefully who they're sharing with.
You don't give gun to both the good person and the bad person.

Happy Modding! (^.^) ,V,,

#210 flysteps

flysteps

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 141 posts
  • LocationMalaysia
  • Playing:Dragon Saga

Posted 17 July 2013 - 07:33 PM

^Dude, we all aware of that. That's why the guides or any of us who knows never mention about that extra part except modding the graphic only. If you want to show your idea or what is in your head that can cause to abuse, I suggest your bring it in private.

I hope you can edit your post again and remove unnecessary part as this is public forum after all.

#211 Earl

Earl

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 46 posts

Posted 17 July 2013 - 09:42 PM

That's not true. Every important action is checked on the server side. No matter what you change, it will at most change what is displayed to you locally. You character (which is stored on the server) will not get more exp etc..

The first rule of server side programming is: don't trust the client. :)

Edited by Earl, 17 July 2013 - 09:45 PM.

#212 ShirakawaNaoya

ShirakawaNaoya

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 201 posts
  • LocationLiving in SeaGodTemple

Posted 18 July 2013 - 02:55 AM

Thanks for the guide. One thing thou, Im having problems regarding alpha channel procedure and remaking the original color codes. A more detailed guide would be great :P

There are so many way to make one, varied & some methods are limited based on the software you using but its basically about the same. I'm slowly making a Psycho-Pass version of UI (it's plain dull i know & intend to keep for personal use)...

I've been using the method as below since for me, it's the fastest way (for me at least that's what i think) :-

000000000_OYEEA.jpg

So far, the outcome hasn't disappoint me for the method I'm using. :p_hi:

If you wanna make it semi-transparent, just color the white portion of your 'Alpha' darker.

Cheers.

- Shira -

Edited by ShirakawaNaoya, 18 July 2013 - 02:56 AM.

#213 AmiiMii

AmiiMii

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1537 posts

Posted 18 July 2013 - 03:52 AM

Meh~ People should try themselves instead of stuff being handed on a gold platter all the time! >;3

I learned photoshop within a couple of hours. Now i'm pro. >:3

Edited by AmiiMii, 23 July 2013 - 04:21 PM.

#214 xdada

xdada

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 318 posts

Posted 18 July 2013 - 03:56 AM

Thanks so much for the fast response :P

Edited by xdada, 18 July 2013 - 05:03 AM.

#215 AmiiMii

AmiiMii

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1537 posts

Posted 18 July 2013 - 04:01 AM

Thanks so much for the fast response :P

*can someone provide a layer of the original color codings so i can just put that below my edited UI layer?.

TIA!

Open Up the Original TGA in photoshop, have you seen my example? :P

#216 Bnyboy

Bnyboy

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 105 posts

Posted 18 July 2013 - 09:01 PM

wow nice this guide really help to those who are interested like me . im a newbie in photoshop so far i am now have a little knowledge about this.. keep up the good work guys.. 

#217 AmiiMii

AmiiMii

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1537 posts

Posted 19 July 2013 - 02:43 AM

Also People Should Look At this for a reference with custom VDKs

lij3.png

#218 flysteps

flysteps

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 141 posts
  • LocationMalaysia

Posted 21 July 2013 - 03:23 AM

Am I the only one that not using Photoshop?

I'm newbie and don't know how to use it lol

I find it quite difficult to use for me so I only just using Gimp for the whole stuff >.<

#219 Vahritos

Vahritos

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 15 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 21 July 2013 - 08:24 AM

Am I the only one that not using Photoshop?

I'm newbie and don't know how to use it lol

I find it quite difficult to use for me so I only just using Gimp for the whole stuff >.<

Nope I'm using Gimp too.

#220 AmiiMii

AmiiMii

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1537 posts

Posted 21 July 2013 - 12:13 PM

I mainly use both. I've been thinking about swapping spell animations and so on. =o

#221 MarcPangit

MarcPangit

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 21 July 2013 - 05:58 PM

That's not true. Every important action is checked on the server side. No matter what you change, it will at most change what is displayed to you locally. You character (which is stored on the server) will not get more exp etc..

The first rule of server side programming is: don't trust the client. :)

Yes and No.

Yes, your exp, stats, blood points, gears, etc and etc are stored on the server. When there's a discrepancy between server and client, the server is always correct.

Yes, "The first rule of server side programming is: don't trust the client". As a software engineer myself, this is a general norm.

No. Not everything is decided on the server. Example?

1. BaseExpTable.ct <-- decides your levelling points

2. CollectMonster.ct <-- decides which DNA fragment gives which DNA (SEA)

3. Craft_ItemList.ct <-- decides which materials and qty are needed to craft an item

4. etc and etc.

If every step is done by the server, all your users' client's actions will nuke your server. Instant DDOS. :thumb2: Should u need anymore clarifications, I'll gladly decode the CT files for you (^_^)

On a sidenote, it's more fun to play with the textures anyway. I'm messing with my costume's colors: using Normal Dye to make my costumes all black (UI.VDK \ UI \ Texture \ ColorPicker).

LOL (^_^)

Edited by MarcPangit, 21 July 2013 - 06:05 PM.

#222 MarcPangit

MarcPangit

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 21 July 2013 - 06:01 PM

I mainly use both. I've been thinking about swapping spell animations and so on. =o

Hi AmiiMii, can I ask how you edit the DirectDraw Surface files (dds)? What software u use?

#223 ShirakawaNaoya

ShirakawaNaoya

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 201 posts

Posted 21 July 2013 - 08:48 PM

IMO it's fun to get cool spell animation... i mean take an example of Imverse's LOV & ours... Imverse LOV was way more cooler than player's to the point make it seems that our LOV was done in a rush & looks like crap.

so far I've done a couple of em for sorc & knight... I hit on wall for the Imverse version of Varytr part... i cant seem to get it worked... guess i gotta keep trying...

@MarcPangit : your post #216... your sidenote is considered as exploit imo.. i think it's not allowed right?... you should remove that... no offence.

Edited by ShirakawaNaoya, 21 July 2013 - 08:50 PM.

#224 flysteps

flysteps

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 141 posts
  • LocationMalaysia

Posted 21 July 2013 - 11:43 PM

@Vahritos

Nice.

I wish I know how to use PS well like my friends

Yes and No.

Yes, your exp, stats, blood points, gears, etc and etc are stored on the server. When there's a discrepancy between server and client, the server is always correct.

Yes, "The first rule of server side programming is: don't trust the client". As a software engineer myself, this is a general norm.

No. Not everything is decided on the server. Example?

1. BaseExpTable.ct <-- decides your levelling points

2. CollectMonster.ct <-- decides which DNA fragment gives which DNA (SEA)

3. Craft_ItemList.ct <-- decides which materials and qty are needed to craft an item

4. etc and etc.

If every step is done by the server, all your users' client's actions will nuke your server. Instant DDOS. :thumb2: Should u need anymore clarifications, I'll gladly decode the CT files for you (^_^)

On a sidenote, it's more fun to play with the textures anyway. I'm messing with my costume's colors: using Normal Dye to make my costumes all black (UI.VDK \ UI \ Texture \ ColorPicker).

LOL (^_^)

In short, learn from what happens to Luna Online once. We only need to edit client side to blow entire mob in a map with single attack. Though it remains history, I don't really want it to happen in RO2.

------------------------------

Back to the our thread

I think this thing can go far. We could have one whole RO2Mods forum if we want to I guess.

I've been thinking about making Path Of Exile like HUD. Except that both red and blue for hp/mp bar is in one single orb on the left side, separated up and bottom. Now I only need to adjust the position.. Make the chat box transparent.. and other stuff.

Graphic skill is my only limitation.

#225 ShirakawaNaoya

ShirakawaNaoya

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 201 posts

Posted 22 July 2013 - 03:17 AM

Back to the our thread
I think this thing can go far. We could have one whole RO2Mods forum if we want to I guess.
I've been thinking about making Path Of Exile like HUD. Except that both red and blue for hp/mp bar is in one single orb on the left side, separated up and bottom. Now I only need to adjust the position.. Make the chat box transparent.. and other stuff.
Graphic skill is my only limitation.

I hope there is one~ :p_laugh:
It's not that hard, just have to mess around with its xml file thats all.

Side Post: (Warning: image heavy...) Motivation gif for those who thinking / interested in playing with skill animation.
Spoiler

:heh:

Edited by ShirakawaNaoya, 22 July 2013 - 08:40 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users