• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 asabayou

asabayou

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 123 posts

Posted 14 June 2013 - 08:36 AM

Hi, I'm levelling an archer and most likely to be a Falcon Assault Ranger and heres my build.
http://www.ro2base.c...1.1.1/0.0.0.0.0

I really don't know how fear breeze exactly works like from the build up from double strafe or something and is it important and should i downgrade a skill and get it?

#2 indignation85

indignation85

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 58 posts

Posted 16 June 2013 - 08:47 AM

Let me explain a few things for ya.

Fear breeze gains one stack every time you use the skill Double Strafing. It lasts 30 seconds and gets refreshed when you use Double Strafing again. Two ways to use DS, that is with your concentration or for free via Main Ranger. Once at five stacks, you can no longer refresh it and will expire after 30 seconds. Level 1 Fear Breeze gains 0.4% per stack totaling at 2% Haste, while level 5 Fear Breeze gains 2% per stack gaining a total of 10% Haste at 5 Stacks. 5 Stacks of Fear Breeze also allows you to use your most damaging ability, Arrow Vulcan, but uses up the stacks in the process.

Any serious Ranger regardless of their end game goals (WoE, PvE Raiding, Colo) should all have this set up
http://www.ro2base.c...1.1.1/0.0.0.0.0

I've seen variations, but ultimately, this is the best set up for your Archer skills. Some may argue that some of the skills such as Ankle Snare or Impact Arrow are viable for pvp, but I can tell you they are not necessary for the content currently out for PvP. (I.E. Colo) I can only see them being viable for duels, which is hardly an end game goal.

With that being said, the rest of your 27 pts will be based on the type of build you wish. Arrow Vulcan or Dual Falcon are the only viable ones.

A possible Arrow Vulcan build http://www.ro2base.c...1.1.1/0.0.0.0.0
With this you will have maxed Wind Walk is absolutely necessary for any build, obviously maxed Arrow Vulcan hence the build name. Poison Arrow is maxed purely for PvE purposes, I can tell you it scales much higher than any other skill on bosses with millions of HP. It also gets refreshed with a single AV. Max Main Ranger is also necessary since the whole point of this build is to dish out AV ASAP. Skill rotation as follows. 2 CA's for Owl's Eye>PA>AV>MR>DS>CA filler when everything else is on CD. Remeber PA only needs to be used once since your AV will always refresh it. This build also allows you to do decent in Colo. I have over 30 wins without a single explorer pot ever used.

This is a variation of Dual Falcon http://www.ro2base.c...1.1.1/0.0.0.0.0
I personally believe that this build is only viable once your haste and vigor are both above 15%, attack power above 2200, and crit above 40% with only Attention Concentrate. (Purely for PvE Raiding purposes) As far as PvP Colo is concerned, it's very viable in that it has massive burst with dual falcons and you can pump out Charge Arrows like a machine gun because colo normalizes stats (I believe they have your haste and vigor capped around 15-16%. I've seen variations on this build using 5/5 Main Ranger or 5/5 Arrow Vulcan on top of their maxed WW and Falcon, I promise you after much skill reset testing that these builds do not provide as much DPS as these other two because of the sacrifice you must give in order to gain those skills. It's true you can mix the points up a bit by removing the single point off Vulcan itself and putting it elsewhere, but level 1 AV is still good when your five stacks are about to expire.

#3 asabayou

asabayou

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 123 posts

Posted 17 June 2013 - 12:06 AM

i see i think i'm gonna go with VA because i like the poison arrow. what about windwalk do i use it first in the rotation then trusight and recast when the duration is done or i could use it for FA for extra damage? Thanks

#4 indignation85

indignation85

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 58 posts

Posted 21 June 2013 - 01:45 PM

Depends on the fight, usually in Colo, I immediately use FA and WW because they will be both up with less than a minute left (the most important time, usually round 4 when you are under rank 6 and need to kill Battle Pagans in order to get bumped up). I'm super geared so I never needed to use True Sight other than round 5 so it's up to you when you want to use it.

As far as raids are concerned, I cycle my CDs and never use dual falcon other than the priest in PvE HM. With most HM raid bosses, I am able to use WW/FA three times; once in the beginning after obtaining Owl's Eye and two more times before the fight ends incorporating True SIght. After the first initial WW/FA combo, it takes 2 minutes to fully recharge without TS. Our guild normally has the boss less than 50% at this point. This is when I will pop WW/FA then True Sight immediately after both end. Sometimes however, I dual falcon here (WW/FA > TS > FA... WW will be off CD at this point so you can WW again after 30 seconds).

I stand by my notion that AV is superior to a full dual falcon build because of the haste/vigor requirement it needs to surpass a semi-geared AV user. If anyone tells you dual falcon is great for burst damage, they do not understand fight mechanics in PvE because the only one I can think of where a pure dual falcon can be useful are the bombers in HM Bapho. Even then, it takes too long to set up (3 seconds till explosion). I solo the 9k HP bombers myself by preparing with a full bar of concentration and AV ready to go.

It's nice in Colo when your CDs are up, but as many people know, you die in Colo a lot, so you do not get the full benefit of dual falcon. Also, most dual falcon builds don't run full Main Ranger, if they did, they nerf other skills which is stupid IMO.

Regards,
Rivalry

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users