Exile Update: Episode 3.0 [2-3 jobs] - Creative Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

Exile Update: Episode 3.0 [2-3 jobs]

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#1 KIyde

KIyde

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 477 posts
  • LocationUS
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:RO II - Odin

Posted 14 June 2013 - 02:21 PM

This is all a work of fiction, so don't like, hate me or whatever.

So, just speculating in the future I think it be awesome if we got 2-3 classes, so messing around and theorizing I got inspired into drawing MY opinion in what I think witch classes could be pretty cool, of course this is all fan-stuff of my crappy drawings and silly daydreaming, and they all have something in common so let's start!

The Exiled Classes.
So the reason why I called it this is because all these classes kind of go against their 'regular' ways, such as...a thief class that does not want to be stealthy, or a swordsman that has thrown away his honor, an acolyte not walking the path of God but the opposite, etc etc. So.... this is what I bring you!

Swordsman becomes knight, warrior, or...
Posted Image

Class: Ronin
Weapon: Katana
Role: DPS
Keeps 1st job skills: No
Skill Sample:
Blade Quicken (Passive): For every Critical Hit, increases Attack Speed by 1% and Critical Rate by .2% maximizing at 50% Extra Attack Speed and 10% Critical.
Ignition Break: Increase 2/4/6/8/10% Vigor to the whole party for 30 minutes.
Pinpoint Attack: Attack the targets vital points and lower their Stats for 2/3/4/5% for 10 seconds.

So, obviously inspired by the Ninja class for RO1, I wanted to make a swordsman class that's a pure DPS class, since even Knights and Warriors DPS are quite...slow.

Magician becomes wizard, sorcerer, or...

Posted Image

Class: Summoner
Weapon: Book
Role: DPS, Support, Tank
Skill Sample:
Summon: I don’t know how this will work yet but, yeah. It be nice.
Chant: AoE buff that increases either Parry, Dodge, Hit, Vigor, or Haste to all party members at random for 2/4/6/8/10% for 1 minute. Cooldown 1 minute.
Sacrifice: Summon Death itself and recover 80% HP to all party members but die in the process. Cooldown 9/6/3 minutes (or in this server’s case 90/60/30 minutes :P)

My goal with this one is to create class that can Tank, DPS, and Support with whatever summon the person decides to go with! this one is iffy but, since there will be a pet system I figure this can be a possibility but... yeah.

Thief becomes assassin, rogue, or...

Posted Image

Class: Brute
Weapon: Axe
Role: Tank
Skill Sample:
Bloodthirst: Violently Gnaw the opponent for 63/77/81/95% and recover 8/11/14/17/20%. Cooldown: 20 seconds.
Blood Link: For 10 seconds, link yourself to a party member and take 60/70/80/90/100% of his/her damage received
Blood Roar: Inflict ‘Fear’ to 6 targets in a 5m ratio. Fear effect will cause targets will stop attacking the caster for 5 seconds, but Enrage for 10% more attack for the next 5 seconds.

So as ridiculous as this might sound, I always wanted a Tank thief class, so why not?

Acolyte becomes priest, monk, or...

Posted Image

Class: Ascetic
Weapon: Skull
Role: Support/DPS
Skill Sample:
Cast Break: Decreases target’s Haste/Vigor by 50% for 10 seconds.
Guardian Break: Simultaneously activates all of the parties guardians, granting the whole party 80% Vigor, Haste, Parry, and Block for 30 seconds, but draining 10% HP of all party members every 5 seconds for 30 seconds. Party members cannot use any healing items during the effect of this buff.
Drain Health: Deals 20/30/40/50/60% Magic Attack damage from the target and recovers 2/4/6/8/10% health to the party member with the lowest health.

Plain and simple, who doesn't like a Dark Priest amirite? My goal with this one is to work as a debuffer since they dont exist in RO, but at the same time be able to support the party through debuffing the targets.

...and finally the one we probably miss the most

Archer becomes ranger, beastmaster, or...

Posted Image

Class: Bard (male) / Dancer (female)
Weapon: Instruments
Role: Support/DPS
Keeps 1st job skills: Yes
Skill Sample:
Lullaby: AoE that recovers 1/2/3/4/5% of the party’s HP every 10 seconds to whoever party member is standing on it. If both a Bard and Dancer are in the party, it increases to 2/4/6/8/10%.
A Drum on the Battlefield: AoE effect that increases Attack and Magic attack by 2/3/4/6/10% to whoever party member is standing on it. If both a Bard and Dancer are in the party, it increases to 4/6/8/12/20%.
Tarot Card: Cast a Random debuff on a target. Debuff lasts for 15 seconds and castable once again in 15 seconds.

Well, you already know this class's job so im not going to elaborate, honestly I think this class could work great in this game but, nope. We get bears.

Please excuse my free time, just wanted to share this.

Whee...

Edited by KIyde, 14 June 2013 - 02:26 PM.

#2 Njoror

Njoror

Too Legit To Quit

• Retired
  • 1936 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 14 June 2013 - 02:33 PM

Posted Image

#3 Aeune

Aeune

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 92 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 14 June 2013 - 02:49 PM

A genius among us was born. You missed a gunner dude.

Edited by Aeune, 14 June 2013 - 02:49 PM.

#4 azzhure

azzhure

I am New.

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 14 June 2013 - 02:50 PM

Can i like for this?

#5 FerriaBerry

FerriaBerry

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 64 posts
  • LocationLook Behind You
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online 2

Posted 14 June 2013 - 02:51 PM

Lol, Klyde-kun.... Very interesting concept XD
I would post my versions but they're too over powered.

Love the chibi styled art btw~ :3

Look forward for more ^^

#6 lunaleaf14

lunaleaf14

I am New.

• Members
  • 2 posts
  • LocationUSA
  • Server:Odin [Channel 16]

Posted 14 June 2013 - 02:51 PM

This is really really cool. Excellent job :D

I like the artwork and the concepts for the classes, just bravo. Amazing job.

#7 Arukad0

Arukad0

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 28 posts
  • LocationFrance
  • Server:fRO1 Chaos - iRO2 Odin

Posted 14 June 2013 - 02:55 PM

[...]
Archer becomes ranger, beastmaster, or...
[...]

Troll? :rolleyes: :gg:

Anyway, Great ideas Klyde... I'd like to see some of these!
Even a gunslinger, a ninja or a super novice :p_hi:

#8 SoraOfKHK

SoraOfKHK

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1319 posts
  • Server:Odin, Channels 1-5

Posted 14 June 2013 - 03:21 PM

Posted Image

^ This.

#9 VModSushi

VModSushi

Community Lurker

• VMod Retired
  • 851 posts
  • Server:Odin

Posted 14 June 2013 - 03:27 PM

All of my want. How much do you charge for arts? T___T The kawaii of it... I want >_<

#10 AmiiMii

AmiiMii

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1537 posts
  • LocationWarpportal Forums (RO2)

Posted 14 June 2013 - 04:01 PM

I know this is a good creative thread and you really followed along well
but i'm following with some negatives (Not hating, because artists need some constructive criticism)

Summoner is the same as what final fantasy originality can get, seriously though it is good but some concepts of the summoner belong to final fantasy, when i looked at your summoner art, Rydia came into my head:
Posted Image

Ascetic is a black mage or Warlock, it's okay but it's very cliche Forsaken unholy priests, i like the idea but it sounds too warlock like, you need to keep forsaken priests to a minimum while If you think about it, Which is going to be which? Warlock is the "Unholy" Version of a wizard, so you've literally got 2 Unholy classes, now that would sound a bit strange given the idea, and how a person can utilize it, Life Drain for example Could go to a warlock, but if it was on a priest it'd turn things around a notch.

Ronin is basically a Samurai in other wikis, but it's original give or take. it would work okay, but you'd need to utilize weapons with brutes just as much as this class. you'd find trouble occuring if the same class was wielding the same weapons as its Original counterpart.

I Like Bard/Dancer. The RO Originality that keeps to its core, but change the skill set/name idea. We want a change in 300 years goodness me.

Brute Okay. That's fine, As Long as they are AXE wielders, to wield HEAVY weapons such as Axes/Claymores. we don't want two of the same class following along blindly on the same weapon.

However You've done well with this creative construction in this thread, so that's a /clap from me :3 I usually point out some points of criticism so the ideas can be improved or whatnot.

Edited by AmiiMii, 14 June 2013 - 04:12 PM.

#11 KIyde

KIyde

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 477 posts
  • LocationUS

Posted 14 June 2013 - 04:38 PM

First of all thank you everyone for the comments and the facebook shoutout, really means a lot haha!

Summoner is the same as what final fantasy originality can get, seriously though it is good but some concepts of the summoner belong to final fantasy, when i looked at your summoner art, Rydia came into my head:

I must have done this subconciously, the color scheme I chose was really contrast the blue and red from the other classes, but now that you pointed it out you're right. I have to say though I based it more on the Final Fantasy Tactics if anything but, yuh.

Ascetic is a black mage or Warlock, it's okay but it's very cliche Forsaken unholy priests, i like the idea but it sounds too warlock like, you need to keep forsaken priests to a minimum while If you think about it, Which is going to be which? Warlock is the "Unholy" Version of a wizard, so you've literally got 2 Unholy classes, now that would sound a bit strange given the idea, and how a person can utilize it, Life Drain for example Could go to a warlock, but if it was on a priest it'd turn things around a notch.

Well thats if you compare it to Final Fantasy, as in Black/White magic but in this game, I'm using the Elements which are ice, lighting, and fire for the magicians, and Light/Dark for the acolytes. I know its cliche, but you can't tell me a healer, a swordsman, a thief, a magician, and an archer isn't~ I wanted to focus these guys to be the opposite of support characters, thats why I pointed out the debuffs! I considered dark magic as a "I'm going to damage AND screw you over" kinda thing~

Ronin is basically a Samurai in other wikis, but it's original give or take. it would work okay, but you'd need to utilize weapons with brutes just as much as this class. you'd find trouble occuring if the same class was wielding the same weapons as its Original counterpart.

Well, the reason I chose this is because I wanted a -fast- swordsman class. In iRO I personally loved early one the Two-Hand Quicken Crit build so I kinda wanted to bring that back, and what popped in my mind when you think of a fast Swordsman, are Samurai! but I didn't want to call it that so I went with Ronin~ Not sure about why they would use Axes though D: In this game each class gets their own weapon, so I kept it simple so Ronin = Katana / Brute = Axe.

I Like Bard/Dancer. The RO Originality that keeps to its core, but change the skill set/name idea. We want a change in 300 years goodness me.

This is debatable, since everyone misses this class. I know change is good, but hell, 70% of the skill names in this game are based of iRO so, I don't see why not.

Brute Okay. That's fine, As Long as they are AXE wielders, to wield HEAVY weapons such as Axes/Claymores. we don't want two of the same class following along blindly on the same weapon.

Again as I said, this game keeps it to one weapon per class, so I'm keeping it that way~ I just wanted a thief tank class!

However You've done well with this creative construction in this thread, so that's a /clap from me :3 I usually point out some points of criticism so the ideas can be improved or whatnot.

Thank you so much, this was really a shout out of the dark because i was thinking of the future, I don't mind criticism at all, hopefully my responses made what I was aiming a bit more clear!

#12 MegaEdge

MegaEdge

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 845 posts
  • LocationSt-Jérôme, QC.
  • Server:Poring

Posted 14 June 2013 - 05:50 PM

@ AmiiMii - You're right! Rydia came to my mind too when I saw the Summoner.

In my opinion, Beastmaster should have their own class tree because to me they're more of a Druid class than an Archer class.

As in the Archer class tree I'd replace the Beastmaster with either a Musketeer, I agree with the Bard/Dancer as their new 2-3 class.

As a Druid class it can change to let's say...
Beastmaster 2-1, Shaman 2-2 and Summoner 2-3, Since I liked the Summoner idea.

As a Thief class their 2-3 could be the classic Ninja that can either be a DPS (using Taijutsu) and a Magic user (using Ninjutsu).

As a Swordman class I liked the idea of a Ronin but I'm still debating between Ronin or a Samurai.

As a Magician class it could be a Warlock since Wizard use the overall magics,
Sorcerer has supportive magics and a Warlock will be using a much more darker side of magics.

As an Acolyte class I think Ascetic would fit perfectly between a Priest and a Monk.

Those are my personal ideas. What you guys think about it?

#13 TamaSan

TamaSan

I am New.

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 14 June 2013 - 06:47 PM

Damn KLYDE! T____T

You wrote down the cry from the depths of my heart, the ONE class that was something special all over other MMOs, the Bard & Dancer Class! I so do not understand why the wouldn't remake this unique class, i never really played Bard that much but i just LOVED tagging around them listening to that fine tune of Apple of Idun or Assassin Cross of Sunset!

And as if that is not enough, i totally adore your concept classes, though they might need workout and balancing ingame but you know... there really never was a class update in RO which didn't need to be balanced after testing, even if it's just a bit, it's game buissnes normal as usual, so for me those classes would really do it.

The Ronin Class would make it if i had to choose, thats because my Main is an Assassin, i like the fast damage output and double weapon style, so my opinion for the Ronin class would be a double weapon set likewise a real set of japanese swords: Katana, Wakizashi and Tanto... if i'm right the Katana is the main weapon, the wakizashi is more for defense purpose and the Tanto, which is likely a Knife, is for close combat and suicide purpose so you can die in Honor if you get caught by the enemy, which would make out for a skill, like in suicide of honor or something, could be used only if you have small amount of HP left, and buffing up the party with... yeah rly dunno but i hope i could make my point.... (likewise should be a party restrained skill cause it would be useless for single play)

just my humbly opinion and sorry for my maybe bad english... i wrote this down after perhaps 2 hours of sleep not using any translating software or looking up something so i hope i used the right words... or more like... it's still understandable even if i didn't....

Greets

Edited by TamaSan, 15 June 2013 - 09:44 PM.

#14 Bachelors

Bachelors

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 65 posts

Posted 14 June 2013 - 07:41 PM

Posted Image

Edited by Bachelors, 14 June 2013 - 07:43 PM.

#15 monimonih

monimonih

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 464 posts
  • LocationMilan (Italy)
  • Server:Odin

Posted 15 June 2013 - 02:07 AM

I'd love summoner and dancer :3

#16 Kupfner

Kupfner

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 123 posts

Posted 15 June 2013 - 02:45 AM

Fyi, i think ur ascetic class will be launched soon. In a different class and sprite - cresentia.

Anyway, ur idea is very cool. Imo for mage class, it would be fun if we have a cc class (what comes in my mind if breaking against the law of magic nature is a psionicist in allods or force user in dn). So the battle not only consist of hit n heal but also strategy to supress enemies.

Keep the dream higher....

#17 Belegnir

Belegnir

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 238 posts
  • LocationAlberta, Canada

Posted 15 June 2013 - 07:53 PM

Do it Gravity!

#18 Beexy

Beexy

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 22 posts
  • LocationGotham City
  • Server:Batcave

Posted 15 June 2013 - 10:15 PM

The artwork is awfully well done, I love the chibiness and even the job icon seems hella authentic. Nice work Klyde.
And on the subject of the jobs, please do it Gravity. Especially bring back the bard and dancer class.

#19 Riyk

Riyk

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 73 posts
  • Server:Ragnarok Online 2: Odin

Posted 16 June 2013 - 09:31 PM

Interesting class ideas, great artwork too!
I would roll a Ronin myself, I hate(d) the fact that the swordsman classes were more tank then dps.

#20 ZefirusKZ

ZefirusKZ

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 168 posts

Posted 17 June 2013 - 10:36 PM

Some of the buff and debuff ideas already will be implemented by Noel race:

http://ro2base.com/b...1.1.1/0.0.0.0.0
http://ro2base.com/b...1.1.1/0.0.0.0.0

#21 kylelouis

kylelouis

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 11 posts
  • Location425 Waikoloa Beach Drive Waikoloa, Hawaii. 96738

Posted 23 June 2013 - 05:59 AM

well-done Klyde. Awesome work :)

#22 Miraxe

Miraxe

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 28 posts
  • LocationNorth America - US

Posted 07 August 2013 - 07:22 PM

I love all of these designs so much. You've put so much thought into these! I drew your Summoner design, I hope you don't mind! I can totally go ahead and take it down if it's an issue, though.

tumblr_mr72ggLb301qbgto7o1_500.png

#23 SephySama

SephySama

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 537 posts
  • Locationbottom of a bottle
  • Server:Loki

Posted 07 August 2013 - 07:42 PM

nice but it falls on the rotted minds of the developers

i'd love for (ALL) <-- see that? ALL of the class's from Ro1 to come back.

#24 SoraOfKHK

SoraOfKHK

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1319 posts
  • Server:Odin, Channels 1-5

Posted 27 August 2013 - 04:05 AM

A genius among us was born. You missed a gunner dude.

Thanks to this topic, and thanks to you saying that, I ended up writing this: http://forums.warppo...ing-gunslinger/

Yay for inspiration. :p_laugh:

#25 KIyde

KIyde

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 477 posts
  • LocationUS

Posted 27 August 2013 - 12:06 PM

I love all of these designs so much. You've put so much thought into these! I drew your Summoner design, I hope you don't mind! I can totally go ahead and take it down if it's an issue, though.

tumblr_mr72ggLb301qbgto7o1_500.png

This is beyond awesome! amazing job :D

Thanks to this topic, and thanks to you saying that, I ended up writing this: http://forums.warppo...ing-gunslinger/

Yay for inspiration. :p_laugh:

Too good, love the Gambler idea! ugh we can only hope ;__;

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users