ShardRaldevius

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 55 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:ODIN

Posted 16 June 2013 - 12:49 PM

Are you the same mod who didn't know what OPB and OBB was? :p_sleep:

LoL, what about the one who didn´t knew about what was a Transcendent class?

#252 ShinobiEX3

ShinobiEX3

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6862 posts
  • LocationForest

Posted 16 June 2013 - 12:50 PM

Worst case scenario some one found a way to generate zenny and rupees and put it on there char
lol what a thought huh shu shu shu

#253 Krohnos

Krohnos

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 203 posts
  • LocationSouthern California
  • Server:RO2 Odin

Posted 16 June 2013 - 12:51 PM

LoL, what about the one who didn´t knew about what was a Transcendent class?

LOL I heard about that wasn't that the Q&A?

#254 ShardRaldevius

ShardRaldevius

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 55 posts

Posted 16 June 2013 - 12:53 PM

Price isn't the issue. After you hit 50 you generate very little money. You actually lose money at 50 with repairs but that was fixed with the hourly reward giving free repairs.

The money you make from doing a few dailys, and selling mob drops, does not cover the money you put out of the system on potions (empty vials must be bought even with crafted potions), 5% AH taxes, travel fees, +ing weapons, etc.

So you get to 50, and generate around 3k zeny, and then slowly send zeny out of the system from then on out. Are you 50? Do you have 4k zeny? Then someone else has only 2. Do you have 5k zeny? Then someone else has only 1, etc.

It is impossible for there to be more than 3k*the number of level 50s worth of zeny in the game, there is no place this zeny comes from.

So something listed for 90k on the auction house, is 30 level 50 characters worth of zeny.This really doesn't look like people just buying and selling smartly

The game is set to create deflation, not inflation, and i do not believe that there are suddenly more people grinding to 50 than there were a week ago. Most people have the 50s they want now.

Perfect, +1

LOL I heard about that wasn't that the Q&A?

LOL, yea, pretty much, embarrassing

#255 AmiiMii

AmiiMii

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1537 posts
  • LocationWarpportal Forums (RO2)
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 16 June 2013 - 12:58 PM

Posted Image

Posted Image

Edited by AmiiMii, 16 June 2013 - 01:00 PM.

#256 Nagittchi

Nagittchi

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 95 posts

Posted 16 June 2013 - 01:04 PM

Dental Plan

#257 GuardianTK

GuardianTK

They pay me to post.

• RO Fungineering
  • 9388 posts
  • LocationIn a certain mansion
  • Server:Chaos Renewal + Odin

Posted 16 June 2013 - 01:04 PM

How about a roll forward? Set all current character to level 50 with 50k of gold.

nm, I'm dreaming again.

All the "-ism" are all concepts that really don't really work and each governments from countries with these concepts put out propergana about how a certain "-ism" don't work and keep the fear to people by comparing the country.

Like Limiting the freedom of speech and then saying oh at least you're not in China where they have more limits to freedom of speech. But, what is freedom of speech? if we limit it then it wouldn't be so free as we thought and can't say some things. right?

They didn't work historically is what you mean? It's true that there's advantages and disadvantages to each concept, but it's always been believed by many scholars that something in between the two major "-ism" is the best method to stabilize the world economy. A free market without control is not stable at all. That's why they try to impose regulations onto it to keep it balanced. It's not truly a free market at all if you think about it, but it's the best way for trade to take place. A market that is far too controlled doesn't make anyone money. Just because this is a game doesn't mean real world economics doesn't apply to it though, because humans run the characters behind these games. It's not just a fault in the game, it's also a fault behind the people who do what they can to get what they want by finding a way to exploit the faulty parts of the system for their own gain.

#258 Meconopsis

Meconopsis

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 918 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online 2
  • Server:Odin

Posted 16 June 2013 - 01:05 PM

There was never enough money to make in even the simplest activity - loot selling. The core of this game's economy is a joke... Why the devs haven't fix this for casual players is almost as big an issue than the market hyperinflation.

#259 Bronx

Bronx

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 943 posts
  • LocationPiscataway, NJ
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 16 June 2013 - 01:06 PM

I have no problem making zeny, but alot of my friends are dirt poor. You just have to be resourceful, stop wasting zeny on needless things, and budget according to your earning power. You dont really need that Tux, its a luxury item.

Gambling is hit or miss, so don't expect to consistently win. I think the main problem is people don't know how to properly invest thier money in order to gain profit. You have to hustle a little, but not everyone has that mentality.

Certain things should be out of reach, there wouldn't be anything to strive for if everything is just handed to you.

Edited by Bronx, 16 June 2013 - 01:12 PM.

#260 FateTurns

FateTurns

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 132 posts

Posted 16 June 2013 - 01:10 PM

Lol - saved up 2k gold and cant buy anything cape was 1.4k at one point of time D:
QQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQQ

#261 AmiiMii

AmiiMii

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1537 posts
  • LocationWarpportal Forums (RO2)

Posted 16 June 2013 - 01:12 PM

Alot of people are like

Posted Image

Since they can't buy anything hardly D:

#262 Nugeki

Nugeki

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 188 posts

Posted 16 June 2013 - 01:14 PM

Well Items that are currently be inflated to all high hell, they should look at away to incorperate a way to allow players to do a long quest line and obtain some items. Costumes seem to be the biggest culprit here.... Also kafra items.

Or even increasing Money for Daily quest by a strong margin, and also giving lots of gold for union quests.

They need to :

1. Get more money to thr player base, thru daily quests, or general questing.
2. Increase item drop rates for crafting materials on level 50 epics
3.Devalue the overly priced Kafra Shop items (Zenny wise), mostly Costumes , Costume Raid boss drops, or world drops woul dbe nice.

#263 LeonFlare

LeonFlare

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 955 posts
  • Twitter:https://twitter.com/thenagrarok
  • LocationMOOTXICO!
  • Server:Valkyrie Forever

Posted 16 June 2013 - 01:14 PM

why everytime i come to the form to see how the game is going, there is always a breaking game bug going on?

#264 ShardRaldevius

ShardRaldevius

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 55 posts

Posted 16 June 2013 - 01:16 PM

Gold times when we could get a Tux for less than 10k and capes were worth 1-2k, gold times... I mean, some weeks ago

#265 Cthulhuzealot

Cthulhuzealot

Amateur Blogger

• Banned
  • 188 posts

Posted 16 June 2013 - 01:16 PM

They can track all the log files and see who's or who are the one(s) having insane zenny incomes. it's really easy to stop this BS, they can cap the amount of zenny one can get on a char and should be a really "low" cap. But yeah I'm glad I got my slotted Recruit uniform for cheap, now the price of that is effing ridiculous.

#266 coded

coded

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 630 posts
  • Location自分の夢に

Posted 16 June 2013 - 01:17 PM

Yeah, historically they don't work and we can't predict if something will work if we don't try it first because there will always be an unknown varaible to get in the way.

in a way it's kind of like programming because when you program a feature theres a chance there might be a bugs or expliots that's why you need to test it out first.

Edited by coded, 16 June 2013 - 01:20 PM.

#267 Asur

Asur

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 127 posts

Posted 16 June 2013 - 01:19 PM

Well Items that are currently be inflated to all high hell, they should look at away to incorperate a way to allow players to do a long quest line and obtain some items. Costumes seem to be the biggest culprit here.... Also kafra items.

Or even increasing Money for Daily quest by a strong margin, and also giving lots of gold for union quests.

They need to :

3.Devalue the overly priced Kafra Shop items (Zenny wise), mostly Costumes , Costume Raid boss drops, or world drops woul dbe nice.

You suggest pumping more zeny into the economy and want prices of Kafra shop items to fall? It simply does not make any economic sense.

#268 Asur

Asur

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 127 posts

Posted 16 June 2013 - 01:22 PM

They can track all the log files and see who's or who are the one(s) having insane zenny incomes. it's really easy to stop this BS, they can cap the amount of zenny one can get on a char and should be a really "low" cap. But yeah I'm glad I got my slotted Recruit uniform for cheap, now the price of that is effing ridiculous.

People will just make multiple chars and accounts......-.-

#269 LeonFlare

LeonFlare

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 955 posts
  • Twitter:https://twitter.com/thenagrarok
  • LocationMOOTXICO!
  • Server:Valkyrie Forever

Posted 16 June 2013 - 01:23 PM

IP banhammering~

#270 aeramil

aeramil

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 16 June 2013 - 01:23 PM

There simply needs to be more ways to generate money into the game.

Some solutions to this could be making monsters start dropping zeny bags, allowing rare item/equip drops to be sold to vendors for more than the measly 3 zeny they offer now, or up the vendor sell price of crafted items immensely to make professions actually generate money.

#271 Cthulhuzealot

Cthulhuzealot

Amateur Blogger

• Banned
  • 188 posts

Posted 16 June 2013 - 01:29 PM

Yes they can BUT, ther's always a BUT, all that zenny MUST end up in one char... ALWAYS.

Oh and the price on Red Magical Feather... 100k really? those should be cheap because now you can get 1 every 2 days of doing Merchant Union quests.

#272 coded

coded

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 630 posts
  • Location自分の夢に

Posted 16 June 2013 - 01:33 PM

They need to :

I say number one would be the only one I agree with. I don't think increasing drop rate help but decreasing it so the demand is high and people will have to work hard to get it. Like lets say you need an item to craft an awesome item but it's really hard to get and by hard I mean it's a rare drop and you it's dropped by a hard to beat mvp. This way you have a choice to either either kill that mvp over and over till you get it or just working hard and obtaining money by daily quest to obtain it. One thing I really loved about RO is that you can amost full customize you character by making hats or custumes but this doesn't work because of the kafa shop.
Devaluing the kafa shop will be a problem because WP won't make any money so what they can do is get rid of the kafa shop and let people pay monthly to pay. It's the only way I think will work but I could be wrong.

#273 jdmtouch

jdmtouch

Too Legit To Quit

• Members - No Sig
  • 1535 posts
  • LocationCalifornia
  • Server:Aranzeb

Posted 16 June 2013 - 01:34 PM

god bless this game and in all of its holyness. 6/4, now 6/14. 10 days later...so another disaster 10 more days? see you all on the 24th

Edited by jdmtouch, 16 June 2013 - 01:35 PM.

#274 ShardRaldevius

ShardRaldevius

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 55 posts

Posted 16 June 2013 - 01:37 PM

god bless this game and in all of its holyness. 6/4, now 6/14. 10 days later...so another disaster 10 more days? see you all on the 24th

God seems to be offline right now.

#275 Garlantec

Garlantec

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 122 posts
  • LocationGermany
  • Server:RO2 - Odin

Posted 16 June 2013 - 01:38 PM

This is getting more and more ridiculous

0 user(s) are reading this topic