Economy Problem 6/16/13 - Page 8 - Ragnarok 2 Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

Economy Problem 6/16/13

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
247 replies to this topic

#176 Nereida

Nereida

Too Legit To Quit

• Members - No Sig
  • 1107 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online 2

Posted 17 June 2013 - 07:04 AM

yes i see the price is coming back to normal , but still , the people that profit the AH madness still there .. maybe its unfair for those who people who saying .. but how about us that paying real money to buy Kapra cash and the others just get easy more than 100k -500k zeny in 1 night?? is that fair for us?? bets solution is rollback from the last maintenance updates when the fusions tablets released...

Luck is unfair. That's the very core of luck itself.
If I find a lottery ticket on the street, pick it up and end up winning, it would be unfair to those who actually pay week after week for the tickets, but such is luck.
As long as it doesn't a strong and lasting effect on the economy, there's no need to punish all the extra lucky participants, the "fair" participants, the evil participants and even those who didn't participate.

A recall, whipe, restart or whatever is an everyone loses situation which might or might not fix the situation and which might or might not have been necessary in the first place.
If there's a need to fix this situation, better do it in a case by case way instead of throwing the nuke and enjoying the explosion like a Michael Bay fanatic.

Edited by Nereida, 17 June 2013 - 07:06 AM.

#177 Blackthunder

Blackthunder

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 162 posts

Posted 17 June 2013 - 07:07 AM

Wipe - No Way!!
Rollback - No Way!!
AH Rollback - OK!!
I have 2200 Zeny, earned from leveling 1-50, With quests, Khara, Daylies, (And union, if it give money?!)
I rarely buy stuff, i only buy Bottles, for crafting potions for myself, Bwings rarely, and 10yggs for emergency ress.

So im a casual, 100% fair Player, why i should get wiped or rollbacked, because of other ppls??
Any Illegal Player - Ban.
Any Legal Player, who jumped in the train of selling items MEGA OVERPRICED; even KNOWING there is Something Wrong. Should get penalized. Rollback their AH actions, remove the zeny, give back perhaps the items,
I Bought a Card album for 98z, remove it, dont care.
I got Lucky, Bought (with KP) 1 Costume Box, Gothic Lolita , im wairing it. Then i thought, lets try the set, so bought 2 Accesorry Boxes, yeah i got the Lolita Cap. First thought save money, buy in AH but the prices was already crazy, so instead of thinking " Ah well lets sell the Lolita Cap for 15000z" i just equipped it.
So i used my Brain, didnt make profit of the broken AH, and played fair. SO now u want rollback me???
Rollback my Gothic set, so next time perhaps im not lucky, and need 10 Costume Boxes??? No! I dont see anything fair in this.

Rollback/Wipe = Server Dead. No never.
If you earned wrong Money, your free to send the GMs a ticket, apologize how stupid you was, and wish a personal Rollback of the items/Zeny
If everyone does that, you save the GMs alot of work! And dont disturb us FAIR Players.

Edited by Blackthunder, 17 June 2013 - 07:08 AM.

#178 GoldRidley

GoldRidley

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 54 posts

Posted 17 June 2013 - 07:07 AM

People not in favor of controlled zeny/ah rollback:
Individuals who employed legitimately gained earnings to profit from this crisis, buying into an exploit-crippled market, and increasing their fortunes tenfold.

People in favor of a controlled rollback to zeny/ah transactions:
Everybody else.

Those of you trying to justify why a rollback is intolerable; you're not kidding anyone. We all know you made it big by liquidating legit earnings right after the exploiters dumped all that 'sploit zeny into the market. We also all know that the smarter of you folks who did this then bought out key parts of the market to protect yourself against investigation and arbitrary zeny deletion, by converting your "dirty zeny" to items that can be resold after this crisis is over.

Njoror, what do you intend to do about players who exploited a broken economy (that they did not break, themselves) for their own benefit?

#179 CatBoxGirl

CatBoxGirl

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 54 posts

Posted 17 June 2013 - 07:08 AM

Is there gonna be a patch today?

#180 Nereida

Nereida

Too Legit To Quit

• Members - No Sig
  • 1107 posts

Posted 17 June 2013 - 07:17 AM

People not in favor of controlled zeny/ah rollback:
Individuals who employed legitimately gained earnings to profit from this crisis, buying into an exploit-crippled market, and increasing their fortunes tenfold.

People in favor of a controlled rollback to zeny/ah transactions:
Everybody else.

Those of you trying to justify why a rollback is intolerable; you're not kidding anyone. We all know you made it big by liquidating legit earnings right after the exploiters dumped all that 'sploit zeny into the market. We also all know that the smarter of you folks who did this then bought out key parts of the market to protect yourself against investigation and arbitrary zeny deletion, by converting your "dirty zeny" to items that can be resold after this crisis is over.

Njoror, what do you intend to do about players who exploited a broken economy (that they did not break, themselves) for their own benefit?

If it was about localized AH rollback I don't think there would be any polemic.
It's people asking for a complete server-wide rollback affecting every single element of the game (except BP because reasons) that is causing the discussion.

#181 100000118741864

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 31 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Odin

Posted 17 June 2013 - 07:20 AM

When will GMs will state their final decision? so we can decide too if we willcontinue playing or not ?? i myself is waiting for final decision .. if no rollback im not dumb to continue this game anymore and i know a lot feel the same way too .. rollback a wekk maybe you lose items zeny but you still can get it back, or no rollback and let the bad guys win and continue doing abuse on server ...

#182 AmiiMii

AmiiMii

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1537 posts
  • LocationWarpportal Forums (RO2)
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 17 June 2013 - 07:20 AM

So what people are saying they'd rather keep their illegal zeny and spend ILLEGAL zeny when exploiters could do this again?i really don't understand the way people think, there was already a mass ban wave for the way exploiters/illegal zeny gainers acted, and when your facing a situation where illegal zeny is given to players through the auction house, people can expect bans just as much, even if they're unsuspecting, so basically players are just as much using "Exploited" zeny as a way of their financial gains.

Players had the chance to delete exploited zeny, but apparently acquiring it is another thing it seems.

When zeny is mailed through the auction house, it can be deleted, Even exploited zeny, but acquiring it from your mail is a wrong that should of been thought about.

Edited by AmiiMii, 17 June 2013 - 07:27 AM.

#183 Billeh

Billeh

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 192 posts

Posted 17 June 2013 - 07:22 AM

I dunno I'm just a little paranoid. We already had one of the Zeny sellers who caused this whole mess in the last thread pushing for wipes and rollbacks cause he knew it'd make people quit. It's what they want in the first place and now we have others pushing to give them just that. It's not just one day of damage people, it's probably been more like a week. Prices started getting crazy last week and really spiked up about 3 days ago. Every hour that passes is another hour of effort put in by players that would be wasted by a wipe/rollback. It's just not feasible, especially if the GM's can target specific players instead of punishing everyone. The large amount of zeny most certainly left a trail, even for those who have already traded in for items. It'll take a lot of work, sure, but it's probably the only way to fix it without impacting legit players.

Edited by Billeh, 17 June 2013 - 07:23 AM.

#184 Eureline

Eureline

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 17 June 2013 - 07:24 AM

Hmm. What if some players who participated in this were buyers of illegal zeny? And they thought of a plan like this. Get other innocent players involved so that they will not get suspected or banned in this strategy. Maybe, just maybe :p_laugh:

#185 AmiiMii

AmiiMii

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1537 posts

Posted 17 June 2013 - 07:29 AM

if the GM's can target specific players instead of punishing everyone. The large amount of zeny most certainly left a trail, even for those who have already traded in for items. It'll take a lot of work, sure, but it's probably the only way to fix it without impacting legit players.

if they did this, every player would get a certain amount of zeny the item was bought for deducted from them, who had their kafra items bought by the exploiter that was un-named, and if they bought something using exploited zeny, they would get their items removed from them for buying items using the exploited zeny they got through the mail using the auction, so basically the people who took the EXPLOITED Zeny from their mail, would end up getting their stuff removed, fair play.

So basically, these players who got exploited zeny should of faced the consequences when they had the chance to delete it from their mail.

Edited by AmiiMii, 17 June 2013 - 07:35 AM.

#186 ShardRaldevius

ShardRaldevius

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 55 posts
  • Server:ODIN

Posted 17 June 2013 - 07:40 AM

Yes Wipe all Zenys in the server, and back kafra points cash and keep blood points

Haha, not a solution at all, i have a bunch of friends that have enough costumes/vip/karniums for a living, im talking about more than 1M in items gotten from this episode, and it cant be rollback cuz was bought with legit money gotten from reselling stuff bought with illegit Z

Edited by ShardRaldevius, 17 June 2013 - 07:40 AM.

#187 Raidius

Raidius

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 776 posts
  • Locationmy chair

Posted 17 June 2013 - 07:46 AM

warp portal can roll back each account that were involved in the incident, one by one. that way the roll back wont affect the ones that werent involved, they did it before on ro1, when a issue like this happened, i hope they do it again in this case. back then the players that didnt get involved in abusing the incident never went tru any problem

Edited by Raidius, 17 June 2013 - 07:47 AM.

#188 Jargous

Jargous

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 319 posts

Posted 17 June 2013 - 07:46 AM

Good if developers had fixed certain exploits, but alas, I even think that is far too late.

#189 ShardRaldevius

ShardRaldevius

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 55 posts

Posted 17 June 2013 - 07:51 AM

warp portal can roll back each account that were involved in the incident, one by one. that way the roll back wont affect the ones that werent involved, they did it before on ro1, when a issue like this happened, i hope they do it again in this case. back then the players that didnt get involved in abusing the incident never went tru any problem

How do u know u didnt bought a pot someone bought from npc using ILLEGIT ZENY? The damage is done and everyone in server is involved, directly or indirectly.

#190 Raidius

Raidius

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 776 posts
  • Locationmy chair

Posted 17 June 2013 - 07:53 AM

zeny is tracked the amounts that come from certain accoutn, from npc or quests, like money is tagged now :P

#191 AmiiMii

AmiiMii

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1537 posts

Posted 17 June 2013 - 07:55 AM

Zeny is like the notoriety of this game, having too much will cause your "suspicion" meter to fill up. so keeping with smaller/medium amounts of zeny keeps less "Suspicion Meter fill up"

Edited by AmiiMii, 17 June 2013 - 07:55 AM.

#192 timothyjames

timothyjames

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 27 posts

Posted 17 June 2013 - 07:59 AM

it's so hard to fix this. T_T i can't even think a single solution that will benefit all.

#193 ShardRaldevius

ShardRaldevius

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 55 posts

Posted 17 June 2013 - 08:01 AM

Zeny is like the notoriety of this game, having too much will cause your "suspicion" meter to fill up. so keeping with smaller/medium amounts of zeny keeps less "Suspicion Meter fill up"

u rly think ppl who got benefit from this will keep their fortunes in zeny format? lol

#194 timothyjames

timothyjames

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 27 posts

Posted 17 June 2013 - 08:07 AM

u rly think ppl who got benefit from this will keep their fortunes in zeny format? lol

haha. i already bought my half M zenies into kafra items and fuse all costumes until i ran out of zeny. from half M down to 10k. lol.

#195 Blackthunder

Blackthunder

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 162 posts

Posted 17 June 2013 - 08:08 AM

How do u know u didnt bought a pot someone bought from npc using ILLEGIT ZENY? The damage is done and everyone in server is involved, directly or indirectly.

Because im a Alchemist and dont need to buy pots.
Im 100% not involved. So know your argument is invalid.

Heck, screaming WIPE since Page 1, but claiming, you abused the Illegal High AH Prices yourself.
Comeone, push the character deletion button and just wipe yourself with all your illegal zenys...

#196 sa10

sa10

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 17 June 2013 - 08:23 AM

The bad thing about a roll back, depends on how far back it goes. I spent a lot of money trying for a wedding dress and managed to get a tuxedo last minute and traded for it. Most of the failure costumes I got were sold cheaply on AH and I barely made any zeny from them, nowhere near what people intentionally selling KP items at fair market value would make. (mainly 3z mushrooms) I'm not concerned about my small amount of zeny, even what I spent hours farming pandora, cards, and craft mats to earn. If I lost that dress, I can't get another one even if they did refund all my KP.

To be honest, people probably assumed the inflation was normal at first, since some people were selling Kafra at such stupidly low prices it wasn't even worth spending money on them. Though it should have been easy to see something was wrong when phantom stones were up for 350z each.

I didn't profit from this and I don't want to be punished for it. KP would be useless to me and you know WP won't refund our money. Maybe it seems selfish, but a rollback would give many people a good reason to quit and a lot of it has nothing to do with illegitimate zeny gains.

#197 Ser1ka

Ser1ka

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 62 posts
  • LocationBay Area, California

Posted 17 June 2013 - 08:29 AM

This angers me... knowing a lot of people cheated to get all the awesome things that would otherwise cost lots of hardworking dollars and time to achieve... This seriously might be the last F2P game I'll ever play, should any more of these crappy drama continues to happen in this game. I play this game to take a break from reality, NOT LIVE IT IN THE GAME TOO! RO might very well be dead, for reals. I am so disappointed, especially as a RO1 vet. I regret putting so much cash into this game now. I had no regrets until now.

#198 100000118741864

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 31 posts

Posted 17 June 2013 - 08:33 AM

haha. i already bought my half M zenies into kafra items and fuse all costumes until i ran out of zeny. from half M down to 10k. lol.

this is what im telling about, many people got 500k - millions just 1 night , people dont want a rollback and just let this people enjoy and cheated us .. last comment until final decision made.. if no rollback i quit and i know theres a lot will quit too ... : (

#199 SumPsychoChic

SumPsychoChic

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 195 posts
  • LocationAthens, Ga

Posted 17 June 2013 - 08:35 AM

Uh, not a fan of the rollback. I made absolutely no zeny from this mishap, but I am already leveling multiple chars through the areas and I don't want to have to redo the leveling I have done on them in the last few days. I already am going to replay those areas with another character, I have absolutely NO desire to go through it with the same char AGAIN when I did nothing wrong in the first place.
Also, I actually got weapons from the Pandoras boxes yesterday that I want to keep on my characters.

#200 Blackthunder

Blackthunder

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 162 posts

Posted 17 June 2013 - 08:38 AM

Thats the question, who will quit more? The tons of ppls, which are unguilty, and get fked with a Rollback.
Or the some screamers, which fear now they get penalized, because they abused the system, earnd tons of illegal zeny, and hope with a simple wipe/rollback, they get not penalized??
For the 2nd ones, i just say goodbye, we dont need you.
No rollback/wipe!

I believe the GMs find a way.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users