Economy Problem 6/16/13 - Page 9 - Ragnarok 2 Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

Economy Problem 6/16/13

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
247 replies to this topic

#201 6190130511143115257

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 124 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 17 June 2013 - 08:43 AM

this is what im telling about, many people got 500k - millions just 1 night , people dont want a rollback and just let this people enjoy and cheated us .. last comment until final decision made.. if no rollback i quit and i know theres a lot will quit too ... : (

I have not benefited from it, actually lost like 5k zeny of bying exp, items which lately dropped in price(costume fusions for 1k for example) BUT!
1) Noone is holding you here, if you dont like game leave
2) Stop crying, the situation with the economy is great, gives great experience - cause it is very close to the real world economy, the playing oh AH is the most entertaining part of the game, after collo. Its even more hard to get rich now, but on the other hand, it gives you great sense of achievment to obtain for example 100k zeny, withouth spening 1000$! I've learned a lot from the AH, i actually learned more about economy, when on additional lessons i took at college! I really like the market situation now( i have only 5k zeny)

#202 Bronx

Bronx

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 943 posts
  • LocationPiscataway, NJ
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 17 June 2013 - 08:45 AM

Your post is hard to read Blackthunder. You have it backwards, the ones trying to manipulate you into being against a Roll Back, are the cheaters and abusers responsible for this whole mess in the first place. They don't want a roll back because all their efforts to sabotage the server for their own personal gains would be in vein. Don't believe the propaganda. It's all put there to sway the minds of the weak.

#203 Ser1ka

Ser1ka

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 62 posts
  • LocationBay Area, California

Posted 17 June 2013 - 08:45 AM

I will no longer support this game if the decision favors those that partook in the zeny chaos. I spent more money in a month on this game than a little over a half a year of WoW. Screw the cheaters/exploiters!

#204 Bronx

Bronx

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 943 posts
  • LocationPiscataway, NJ

Posted 17 June 2013 - 08:49 AM

I totally understand the other side of the coin also. Some people got Oprah rich in the midst of the chaos, and feel that they deserve to stay rich for the minimal effort they put in.

#205 Asur

Asur

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 127 posts

Posted 17 June 2013 - 08:52 AM

this is what im telling about, many people got 500k - millions just 1 night , people dont want a rollback and just let this people enjoy and cheated us .. last comment until final decision made.. if no rollback i quit and i know theres a lot will quit too ... : (

The illegal zeny sellers had 20 million. Assuming they spent it all only on half a million zeny costumes (which they didn't), only about 40 people would have been turned rich overnight. Is that significant enough for a rollback? I think not.

#206 monimonih

monimonih

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 464 posts
  • LocationMilan (Italy)
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online 2
  • Server:Odin

Posted 17 June 2013 - 08:53 AM

Your post is hard to read Blackthunder. You have it backwards, the ones trying to manipulate you into being against a Roll Back, are the cheaters and abusers responsible for this whole mess in the first place. They don't want a roll back because all their efforts to sabotage the server for their own personal gains would be in vein. Don't believe the propaganda. It's all put there to sway the minds of the weak.

I'm sorry but I am not one of those cheaters (I don't even know how a bot works) and I don't want a rollback.
I made items/experience in the last week. I finally got 76 union points for my 1st Heroes Echo today and I don't want to lose it.

I hope GMs will find a way to punish cheaters only and not honest players.

#207 GoldRidley

GoldRidley

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 54 posts

Posted 17 June 2013 - 08:55 AM

Clearly, Bronx's mind is as strong as his abs.

#208 1809130525064810837

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 25 posts
  • Server:Odin, channel #random

Posted 17 June 2013 - 08:57 AM

Maybe 10-20 persons got rich in this chaos, okay, maybe even 100-150. But there are also people who fairly played all the time. I don`t care much about my zeny, but i don`t want to do all the quests/gear collection again. And even if there will be a rollback, who can guarantee that it will fix the issue? And if there will be another issue, then another rollback?
If you so want a rollback, how about wiping the server completly to the launch point? It will be fair mostly for all. Because now the people who already got their gears, leveled their chars long time ago demanding a rollback, caring only about themselves.

#209 Blackthunder

Blackthunder

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 162 posts

Posted 17 June 2013 - 08:58 AM

ShardRaldevius is the best example, screams "WIPEE!!!111" since page 1, AND said he made a big profit out of it. Even everyone with a little bit of brain, Could see, that a item jumps from like 100z to 15000z, Must be something illegal going on. So either you care for the servers, and try to let the problems, little as it can, and DONT Jump on the train, and sell your items for 15000z, and just wait for a GM response. Or you give a DAMN, sell all you can, make Millions of Zeny, in the Hope you dont get busted, or you think who cares they rollback/wipe anyway. And now GMs say they wont rollback, but check each case one by one, they fear getting busted, and fear other PPLS made even more Millions then yourself.

#210 Asur

Asur

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 127 posts

Posted 17 June 2013 - 09:04 AM

No rollback -> People quit because they feel it is unfair; they did not get anything while a few people got instantly rich.
Rollback -> People quit because they don't want to have to redo everything they did for the past few days.

You are all being played by the illegal zeny sellers if you choose to quit.
The GMs have made the best decision by clearing stating they will NOT do a rollback, but perform precision attacks instead.

#211 100000118741864

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 31 posts

Posted 17 June 2013 - 09:09 AM

The illegal zeny sellers had 20 million. Assuming they spent it all only on half a million zeny costumes (which they didn't), only about 40 people would have been turned rich overnight. Is that significant enough for a rollback? I think not.

lol how can you tell its 40 people? its a week started this AH thing ,. maybe that 39 is your friends and 1 is you =P .. it sounds your 1 of them hehe lol

#212 9789130510155008703

I am New.

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 17 June 2013 - 09:11 AM

Spoken by a true person who made profit through all this chaos this weekend. Well of course you wouldn't want a Rollback duh!!!

#213 Cybermario

Cybermario

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 99 posts
  • LocationMexico

Posted 17 June 2013 - 09:19 AM

ShardRaldevius is the best example, screams "WIPEE!!!111" since page 1, AND said he made a big profit out of it. Even everyone with a little bit of brain, Could see, that a item jumps from like 100z to 15000z, Must be something illegal going on. So either you care for the servers, and try to let the problems, little as it can, and DONT Jump on the train, and sell your items for 15000z, and just wait for a GM response. Or you give a DAMN, sell all you can, make Millions of Zeny, in the Hope you dont get busted, or you think who cares they rollback/wipe anyway. And now GMs say they wont rollback, but check each case one by one, they fear getting busted, and fear other PPLS made even more Millions then yourself.

so what you are saying is, people like him are asking for a wipe in hopes they can avoid a ban?

#214 VModSushi

VModSushi

Community Lurker

• VMod Retired
  • 851 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online 2

Posted 17 June 2013 - 09:19 AM

Harassment will not be tolerated. Keep it friendly or expect a closed thread.

If you find your post has disappeared, you quoted the offending post.

Edited by VolunteerMod11, 17 June 2013 - 09:22 AM.

#215 9789130510155008703

I am New.

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 17 June 2013 - 09:20 AM

I think your missing the point what ShardRaldevius is trying to say .. he auctioned an item and made huge profit out of it to see if the problem was true, he didn't "Jump on the Train" he was making sure if the train was really there. Now he's posting to beg the WarpPortal staff to do a rollback because he doesnt want the game he "cares" about to go to -_-.

#216 100000118741864

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 31 posts

Posted 17 June 2013 - 09:21 AM

Spoken by a true person who made profit through all this chaos this weekend. Well of course you wouldn't want a Rollback duh!!!

yeah .. +100

#217 Asur

Asur

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 127 posts

Posted 17 June 2013 - 09:22 AM

lol how can you tell its 40 people? its a week started this AH thing ,. maybe that 39 is your friends and 1 is you =P .. it sounds your 1 of them hehe lol

To clarify, I did not participate in the market when the zeny inflation was full blown. I chose to wait till the market was stabilized for fear that zeny would continue its hyperinflation. I did noticed irregularities with the auction house a few days earlier but i assumed it was just players trying to manipulate auction prices. You should not throw accusations with absolutely no proof.

When I said 40 people, its was just an example to make my point that the "cheaters" you all seem to hate who lucked out big and received hundreds of thousands of zeny are a small fraction of the entire community. A rollback just for these people is too extreme and would do more damage in the long run. In reality, the number of profiters are much more, but in far smaller scale. People are reacting as if hundreds of people got rich instantly.

#218 Fleetfooted

Fleetfooted

I am New.

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 17 June 2013 - 09:24 AM

Leaving that much illegally obtained zeny in circulation is a terrible idea..use your head. The longer you sit around twiddling your thumbs the worse the rollback will be. Get this -_- over with.

#219 GuardianTK

GuardianTK

They pay me to post.

• RO Fungineering
  • 9388 posts
  • LocationIn a certain mansion
  • Server:Chaos Renewal + Odin

Posted 17 June 2013 - 09:24 AM

I'm just really surprised some people don't see beyond what took place suddenly over the weekend. A rollback to the sudden inflation period does not get rid of whatever crap there was prior to that. You'd need to do a rollback much further than that for it to be effective (At least a week or two), hence why I stated that it's "probably" too late for a rollback at this point. For now it's up to the GM's to do investigations and act to help stabilize the market by targeting certain sectors in the market. We all know Cash Shop items were heavily influenced, but people who look at the AH all the time can attest that the inflationary effects didn't influence secondary popular items as much as the Cash Shop items.

I can think of several ways for the GM's to help stabilize the high-end portion of the market economy, potentially lower inflation to levels previous to this recent event, and potentially lure more zeny sellers out for more bans. I can't figure a way to quickly lower the prices of secondary market items though...short of at least a 2 week rollback.

#220 LaughableONe

LaughableONe

I am New.

• Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 17 June 2013 - 09:28 AM

I don't think an all encompassing rollback would be the best decision. There are tons of players who probably dont even check the forums and dont even know about this discussion. If there is a rollback many people like that would be affected because quests, progression, etc. they have done in game will be removed. They may not know its because of the whole 20m zeny issue and whatnot and only see that it set their progression back a fair amount. Because of that I feel that a rollback would end up upsetting more people than pleasing them because there are literally thousands of players that have progressed a fair amount with minimal AH usage (this is just an assumption) for instance people leveling or those who have bought Kafra Points with real money and got a good fusion with costumes or got lucky with a box. With a rollback many of these people will get shafted and probably be pissed. Thats just why I think a full rollback is less than ideal. On the other hand a zeny/AH focused rollback like many have suggested I feel is a good idea. While it may not have as big of an impact as a all encompassing rollback I feel that I would fix enough of the problem without wiping many peoples progression and luck. If that makes any sense. If any form of rollback could be avoided and things could get fixed, of course that would be ideal.

Edited by LaughableONe, 17 June 2013 - 09:32 AM.

#221 Asur

Asur

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 127 posts

Posted 17 June 2013 - 09:29 AM

I'm just really surprised some people don't see beyond what took place suddenly over the weekend. A rollback to the sudden inflation period does not get rid of whatever crap there was prior to that. You'd need to do a rollback much further than that for it to be effective (At least a week or two), hence why I stated that it's "probably" too late for a rollback at this point. For now it's up to the GM's to do investigations and act to help stabilize the market by targeting certain sectors in the market. We all know Cash Shop items were heavily influenced, but people who look at the AH all the time can attest that the inflationary effects didn't influence secondary popular items as much as the Cash Shop items.

I can think of several ways for the GM's to help stabilize the high-end portion of the market economy, potentially lower inflation to levels previous to this recent event, and potentially lure more zeny sellers out for more bans. I can't figure a way to quickly lower the prices of secondary market items though...short of at least a 2 week rollback.

GuardianTK is one of the few people who understand the implications of a rollback...thumbs up

#222 Eureline

Eureline

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 22 posts

Posted 17 June 2013 - 09:34 AM

AH Rollback :p_laugh:

#223 Bronx

Bronx

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 943 posts
  • LocationPiscataway, NJ

Posted 17 June 2013 - 09:41 AM

Try to put yourself in the other person's shoes to get a better understanding. If you're only seeing your side of the debate, then you're lacking 50% understanding of the whole picture.

#224 asfdqwe

asfdqwe

I am New.

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 17 June 2013 - 09:42 AM

The only solution imho is a rollback from fusion update.

Cheaters are intelligent. How would you suspect someone who got their money from AH legitimately or not? What if cheaters in advance thought of a way, bought kafra items from AH, traded w/ dummy or mail or so then resell them at greater price(dummy) after the cheated account buys all at AH. Do they become "unknowing players not punishable" or so? They exploited the game & will find a way to cover their tracks. Announcing that people will still have their millions of zennies, do you think one of them ain't a cheater exploited again because of this announcement? Knowing these announcement, what if he mails random players & some maybe his dummies, how do you know if this random player is an honest one? Can he cover tracks by buying/selling ygg's?

If that money, will still be circulating the market, another case of this incident might happen again, all he has to do is buy all in demand items & resell at a greater price like monopoly of course not now, maybe when the issue is not that hot. And if he is doin RMT, he will always win money & will be able to control the market.

Cheater accounts were removed or banned, a good job w/ that. But still im not confident w/ it. If you'll wipe zennies of certain people, i will always think that a hacker still have them in game and made a lot of course, zennies & items, VIP's. Or he submitted a ticket telling that he is an honest player who bought items then resell them at a higher price at AH. In short, no rollback, all I'll think is there's a hacker in game w/ millions of zenny and lots of VIp's, costumes.

Just do a week's rollback it will save the game.

Edited by asfdqwe, 17 June 2013 - 09:45 AM.

#225 Asur

Asur

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 127 posts

Posted 17 June 2013 - 09:43 AM

AH Rollback :p_laugh:

I don't think an AH rollback is feasible. Its much more than simply reversing trades. Say I buy a costume fusion tablet from the auction house and fuse two costumes, getting a 3 slot costume. At this point I could either resell or start drilling with super punchers which I could also buy from the auction house. Do you see how messy it could get? It's either a complete rollback or no rollback at all. And the more time that passes, the less likely a rollback will happen.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users