converse182

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 354 posts
  • LocationTustin,CA
  • Playing:Dragon Saga
  • Server:That one!

Posted 17 June 2013 - 10:13 PM

so is this "new" balance thing permanent or just temporary?
I have no idea why I have 27.6k aim, is that even alot? and 9k evade? this is all so confusing, do evaders exist now? Why did they take all my cd now :( its no fun being a ninja now.
I liked how things were before this new patch.

#52 Apocryphos

Apocryphos

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 615 posts
  • LocationSan Diego
  • Server:Vyvern

Posted 18 June 2013 - 10:31 AM

Mage's DPS per catch is unbelievable the %'s are effecting total instead of base for certain skills meaning mspd,detection,offensive aura,bloody,other % based buffs, Thief Stealth No longer gives 15% CD as it used too.

#53 GrapefruitGod

GrapefruitGod

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1338 posts
  • LocationSurrounded by kneesocks
  • Server:decard

Posted 18 June 2013 - 10:36 AM

I just don't understand why they'd nerf hp, and then when they think people die too fast, they nerf cd/cr. Well, everyone who gets detected dies way too fast and now shamans cannot die and deal the most damage. And now the classes who had low damage on their skills can't kill anything without locking them for a minute.

#54 Endbringer

Endbringer

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 574 posts

Posted 18 June 2013 - 10:38 AM

But Nilla, people wailing on my summoner for over a minute while i dont lose hp is completely fair and balanced.

#55 dango

dango

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 519 posts
  • Locationdango shop

Posted 18 June 2013 - 10:39 AM

Mage's DPS per catch is unbelievable the %'s are effecting total instead of base for certain skills meaning mspd,detection,offensive aura,bloody,other % based buffs, Thief Stealth No longer gives 15% CD as it used too.

this bug appear once before so i'm sure and hope the fix it again.

#56 Coolsam

Coolsam

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4997 posts
  • LocationHiding from my Subscribers
  • Server:revreS

Posted 18 June 2013 - 11:11 AM

I must say the fact Gravity Interactive made a unique turn with their bosses is surely a great thing about this update. I always criticize reskins but in this dungeon's case it's only the normal mobs. Let's go over the bosses individually:

Aires: Pretty straightforward. I love in each dungeon you can take alternate paths to spice things up and get additional rewards. The boss looks pretty epic himself and I was expecting it to be named Poseidon for a moment.

Gemini: The boss here is the first instance of Dragon Saga having this concept. There are two who share the same hp bar. But only one takes full damage and they swap occasionally. Mix in some tough ranged attacks and a Hell-fire DoT and it can actually be challenging to solo.

Leo: You and Hercules must face off against a giant Lion. Hercules seems to be obsessed with his Auto-biography so he's alittle bit of a smug jerk in the cutscenes. Pretty fun fight though.

Pegasus: You'll facepalm when I tell you this....... the bossfight is nothing more than a 40-stage Valid Raeth F7 reskin. *Facedesk* Well it's exp is decent and the whole Galaxia theme is alright with the mobs. But 1-40 VR is such a cakewalk. And the level scaling is normal/rare/hero mode like. So it's essentially like Cookie Factory F7 in terms of Power-leveling. Except that it's up for multiple times a day forever.

Sagittarius: So far he's my favorite. He has a great appearance with some godly wings, some very nice attack animations and he can be persistent with that 100% block shield.

All that's available so far is pretty good. I like how IM is only for additional runs a day and to break the chain of restrictions to the other dungeons and also for additional rewards. The next 5 dungeons I'm looking forward to. And the last dungeon Ophiucus is likely to be the next big endgame boss since this technically is post-Elga in the Time-line.

#57 ShazamO

ShazamO

They pay me to post.

• Retired
  • 5764 posts
  • LocationEarth
  • Playing:ROSE Online

Posted 18 June 2013 - 01:04 PM

We had heard your outcries and the changes aren't permanent. Please let us know what is working and what isn't. We will take this info to our Dev team to adjust.

The more info we get from you gals and guys, the better the changes will be.

Thanks!

#58 StormHaven

StormHaven

(ノ°▽°)ノ︵┻━┻

• VMod Retired
  • 5432 posts
  • Server:Dekard

Posted 18 June 2013 - 01:11 PM

From the sentinel line i've noticed
It says traps are unblockable but they aren't.
Aiming now gives 15% cr and 25% cd instead of 45aim and 15% cr

#59 Alexwtftw

Alexwtftw

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 67 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 19 June 2013 - 06:15 AM

Hey please i read some posts but still dont understand .. if i lvl my pathfinder i created before a year to lvl 50 (im now 43) will i get 1k im :s ?

Edited by Alexwtftw, 19 June 2013 - 06:16 AM.

#60 ShazamO

ShazamO

They pay me to post.

• Retired
  • 5764 posts
  • LocationEarth

Posted 19 June 2013 - 08:05 AM

Hey please i read some posts but still dont understand .. if i lvl my pathfinder i created before a year to lvl 50 (im now 43) will i get 1k im :s ?

I believe so! Just get a character old or new and get them to level 50 to receive the points.

#61 dango

dango

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 519 posts
  • Locationdango shop

Posted 19 June 2013 - 09:56 AM

I suggest a rollback and take out the skill balance update and leave only the galaxia update. review over the skill balance update and then post what change u made so the community can give their feedback. It was funny seeing almost all the ninja in game crying and complaining though.

#62 CharlesBabbage

CharlesBabbage

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 386 posts

Posted 19 June 2013 - 10:18 AM

Here are a couple of bugs that I've encountered which haven't been mentioned yet:

- The mobs around the Orc Boss in Orc Field are invisible and invincible. Despite not seeing them, I know for a fact that they're still there because they can still attack and damage me. Every now and then, I would hit a few of them with AOE attacks, but that happens so rarely that it's not even reliable. They still spawn and re-spawn, as the monster counter would suggest. Imagine trying to kill a Lv 60 Orc Boss while dodging the invisible attacks of 38 invisible Lv 60 mobs -- well, I lived it.

- In some missions, the boss room would immediately respawn its mobs, including the boss, after the mission ends. Since the mission is technically finished, the mobs would just stand there, but you can still kill the mobs and the boss if you want, sans the exp and loot. I'm not sure which missions are affected by this bug, but I've noticed it on some Chaos Mode missions, and I distinctly remember having experienced it on the Dangerous Caverns Chaos Mode mission.EDIT:And here are some changes which need to be reverted:

- Useless grade materials and items produced from professions are now unsellable. So now, items which explicitly say that they are sold to merchants cannot be sold to merchants. Uh-huh.

- The new broadcast system is useless, disruptive, annoying and bugged.

Edited by CharlesBabbage, 19 June 2013 - 02:45 PM.

#63 Rimmy

Rimmy

Too Legit To Quit

• Dragon Saga Moderator
  • 2354 posts
  • LocationPennsylvania

Posted 21 June 2013 - 10:20 AM

- The new broadcast system is useless, disruptive, annoying and bugged.

Couldn't agree more. Get rid of that stupid thing, I hate hate hate it. It's like having megaphone messages zipping across your screen almost non-stop.

Also, could the developers please consider removing the requirement that players be in a party in order to enter the Galaxia dungeons? Most of us are quite capable of soloing them, and it's annoying having to create a party for yourself just to enter if you want to do a quick solo run.

#64 ShazamO

ShazamO

They pay me to post.

• Retired
  • 5764 posts
  • LocationEarth

Posted 21 June 2013 - 10:27 AM

Thanks for all the feedback! All will be directed to our Dev team.

#65 CharlesBabbage

CharlesBabbage

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 386 posts

Posted 21 June 2013 - 11:55 AM

More bugs:

- After finishing a mission in F1 or F2 mode, the game does not eject the other party members out of the mission after the party leader exits it. Because of this, the remaining party members would have to manually leave the mission. Unless the party leader speaks conversational English and is not a complete dbag, then party members might be left wondering whether he/she quit the mission or is just checking his/her invo if nothing happens after they finish the mission.

- To clarify on a bug which I posted above, the boss room on ALL Chaos mode missions respawn their mobs and bosses after the mission is finished.

Gemini: The boss here is the first instance of Dragon Saga having this concept. There are two who share the same hp bar. But only one takes full damage and they swap occasionally. Mix in some tough ranged attacks and a Hell-fire DoT and it can actually be challenging to solo.

There's actually only one boss. What's happening is that one sister is fighting the other sister to bring her back to her senses. However, she doesn't actually damage her sister (the boss) in terms of gameplay. The player is essentially caught between their crossfire. Of course, the concept is still very novel as far as DS is concerned, and it's challenging to keep track of which sister is the enemy while dodging that high-damaging electric attack between the two of them. The fact that the boss sister also targets you directly and puffs besides you every now and then adds to the challenge even more. This boss battle is the most difficult out of all the Galaxia boss battles that I've played so far -- although, I still have to play through the Friday dungeon.

#66 Coolsam

Coolsam

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4997 posts

Posted 21 June 2013 - 01:15 PM

And the last dungeon Ophiucus is likely to be the next big endgame boss since this technically is post-Elga in the Time-line.

Alright being the theorist that I am at times, I looked up Ophiuchus the last of the zodiac dungeons in the Galaxia area. From these following quotes, I know pretty much what we're dealing with: (BTW It's wikipedia magic so possibly inaccurate).

There is no evidence of the constellation preceding the classical era, and in Babylonian astronomy, a "Sitting Gods" constellation seems to have been located in the general area of Ophiuchus. However, Gavin White proposes that Ophiuchus may in fact be remotely descended from this Babylonian constellation, representing Nirah, a serpent-god who was sometimes depicted with his upper half human but with serpents for legs.

Well, comparing the actual constellation with the one depicted in game, there are similarities. A man holding a snake or having a snake as part of him. Meaning the possibility of either a being who is partially serpent, commands snakes and other serpents, or is a snake-like being in general. This brings up tons of boss possibilities in my mind, all very challenging concepts. But it's too soon to call.

Ophiuchus is one of thirteen constellations that cross the ecliptic It has therefore been called the '13th sign of the zodiac'.

Though this confuses a "sign" with a "constellation," it does show it's relations to the zodiac. Meaning that Ophiuchus is possibly a Serpent-God-like evil commander who kidnapped Pios or is putting his life in danger. The result is spreading chaos across the constellations. Ophiuchus, or something related to it definitely would make sense as an endgame level boss at the end of the quest chain in the Galaxia.

About Pios himself, it's likely the name was a bad translation or simply made up as a leading figure. I'd need info to create a possible Thesis/Antithesis relationship possibility between him and Ophiuchus which would lead to me pondering how he'd aid in the fight or appearance wise.

Now you're probably gonna ask; "What about the black Bahamut looking dragon on Hero mode's selection choice?" Well two theories: 1.) Is that it is a yet to be revealed boss in another Zodiac dungeon. As Normal mode shows a Gemini twin and Rare shows Hades (Possibly Hydra, Though it shows more of an appearance to Elga in terms of shoulder and gem in chest similar to Elga's eye) or 2.) Possibly to do with the final dungeon Ophiuchus with a dragon/serpent minion thing or being part of the bossfight itself.

Enough of me theorizing for now. There is not even word on when the 2nd half is gonna be out.

#67 dango

dango

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 519 posts
  • Locationdango shop

Posted 21 June 2013 - 01:25 PM

we get the second half when everyone start complaining how boring and easy the first half is, btw it pretty easy so far.

Edited by dango, 21 June 2013 - 01:26 PM.

#68 Coolsam

Coolsam

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4997 posts

Posted 21 June 2013 - 01:34 PM

we get the second half when everyone start complaining how boring and easy the first half is, btw it pretty easy so far.

Well in terms of difficulty:

-Aries: Some AoE attacks, low damage to decently geared players and manually dodge-able. Often aims for the little kid and the lamb.
-Gemini: Most difficult of them due to keeping track of the correct twin, teleportation, lethal DoT's and ranged attacks that even have some hard-hitting AoE's.
-Leo: Pretty easy, he mostly aims for Hercules.
-Pegasus: BEWARE! THEY HAVE F7!!
-Sagittarius: Mostly ranged attacks, easily dodge-able, some AoE's, a flying laser-bow of death attack, and an annoying 100% Block shield.

Only Gemini is remotely difficult in a solo. The rest I steam-rolled through at times with or without a team.

#69 Gregolapute

Gregolapute

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 22 June 2013 - 06:02 AM

That is what you get for complaning about evade and block rate. Evade was just fine since only few ppl were able to stack it pretty high. The block rate now don't even exist anymore (more useless than something else). Try to at least change the effect of it as some ideas i readed on the forum. The hp have been raise....good, now think about fixing element defense. I believe that the HP have been raise too high for some classes as mage. What could I say about the CD...why it is stuck at 400% ? Well, we were talking about a nerf on ninjas, not turning it into a useless class. But I am not complaining that much since no one can kill me now (not including sciver and seoyoun, element stackers D:<).

Ps: From the guy with 200k hp in pvp (pve 130k)

#70 necoconeco

necoconeco

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 178 posts

Posted 22 June 2013 - 07:04 AM

Ah, you can always count on Gravity to do two things: absolutely nothing or overreact :Emo_23:

No block makes the Dragoon class a lot more honest :fighter:

I like the super armor on the Savage's headspin :thief:

Twins still disconnect themselves or others in pvp since its inception almost two years ago but their weaving is a lot better than before....thanks, I guess :Emo_22:

Priest's frog and freeze skill using absolute % is great. I've been hearing they're the best in game now. Take off the heat from Paladins that's good :chomok02:

Seems like skills that summon something follows a different aim rule set :jellyfish:

The last third of Man of Steel was kinda boring but the visual spectacle is why we watch movies and not read books :chomok04:

Edited by necoconeco, 22 June 2013 - 08:04 AM.

#71 Rabbicarpo2011

Rabbicarpo2011

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1249 posts
  • Locationbunnies

Posted 22 June 2013 - 01:29 PM

Well to begin, the new Zodaic dungeons are amazing!! I love them, I love how you don't have to rely on being to stacked to kill the boss. The mobs are very easy to kill and the best part! Elga mats drop, now people don't have to actually go into Elga if they aren't so stacked to get the mats. All they need to do is buy the recipes. But the dungeons are amazingly fun. I love how its limited, or else it would get to boring if it could be done all day. We can look forward to running it again next week. And yes the announcement thing on top of the screen gets really annoying. Especially since its bugged and puts out false information.

Now as for the nerf, I dont agree with evade and block being this nerfed. A lot of ninjas payed so much money and spend so much time trying to stack evade that now its like a slap in the face to nerf it. As with block people take their time to farm and buy the insurance cards from the market to max their parry and shield mastery. I mean if your gonna nerf it. Don't do it so bad, cause now invokers are so overpowering and as stated summoners are too. At least if its gonna be done do it to all classes and make it more fair.

#72 NateNear

NateNear

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 30 posts

Posted 22 June 2013 - 02:51 PM

Well to begin, the new Zodaic dungeons are amazing!! I love them, I love how you don't have to rely on being to stacked to kill the boss. The mobs are very easy to kill and the best part! Elga mats drop, now people don't have to actually go into Elga if they aren't so stacked to get the mats. All they need to do is buy the recipes. But the dungeons are amazingly fun. I love how its limited, or else it would get to boring if it could be done all day. We can look forward to running it again next week. And yes the announcement thing on top of the screen gets really annoying. Especially since its bugged and puts out false information.

Now as for the nerf, I dont agree with evade and block being this nerfed. A lot of ninjas payed so much money and spend so much time trying to stack evade that now its like a slap in the face to nerf it. As with block people take their time to farm and buy the insurance cards from the market to max their parry and shield mastery. I mean if your gonna nerf it. Don't do it so bad, cause now invokers are so overpowering and as stated summoners are too. At least if its gonna be done do it to all classes and make it more fair.

define what u mean.... like , remove evade and block from ALL classes? :p_sleep: (ofc i was being sarcastic ._. ) jsut state suggestions
yes yes, mm is fun to see, np with that i guess :p_smile:

Edited by NateNear, 22 June 2013 - 02:54 PM.

#73 Rabbicarpo2011

Rabbicarpo2011

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1249 posts
  • Locationbunnies

Posted 22 June 2013 - 03:07 PM

define what u mean.... like , remove evade and block from ALL classes? :p_sleep: (ofc i was being sarcastic ._. ) jsut state suggestions
yes yes, mm is fun to see, np with that i guess :p_smile:

oh yeah remove evade after people have wasted money and time yeah thats exactly what i meant right? Anyways yes dungeons were awesome.

#74 dango

dango

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 519 posts
  • Locationdango shop

Posted 22 June 2013 - 03:10 PM

It really funny a lot of u guys act like other people don't spend a lot of money to stack other character. Now that ninja/pally got hit with a major nerf u guys use the money excuse to said it not fair. Please don't be bias cause you guys use a ninja/pally. Just consider the ninja lucky that they didn't nerf dagger(but I hope they do though in the future).

#75 Rabbicarpo2011

Rabbicarpo2011

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1249 posts
  • Locationbunnies

Posted 22 June 2013 - 03:13 PM

lol its not a bias, im just stating that people wasted money and now its gone to waste, now idk what class you are and you may have spend the same time and effort but your class may not have been hit with such a big nerf like pally and ninja. Get it?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users