#1 Haboob

Haboob

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 931 posts
  • LocationBattlegrounds
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online 2

Posted 17 June 2013 - 01:51 PM

I'm still rilled up from what this wench of a Knight did but i will post my findings here. Ive been running OBB or RHD's as you will for -_-s and giggles since playing the AH has no appeal to me anymore. Firstly I play a Knight okay so i started tanking these dungeons and learning what to do here and how far to run there, you get the jest of it. So after attending these numerous dungeons as a selected tank role i noticed parties kept getting Assassins for the DPS classes, so many Assassins. Running with random Assassins is like being on baby sitting duty because they constantly wade in AoEs, take all kinds of tremdous amounts of damage and overall their DPS is not much better than mine.

So after getting tired of watching "DPS" classes lack of DPS and the designated healer strain trying to keep the party up i decided to click the DPS checkbox when running RHD. At the beginning i had a very positive experience doing this. I could enter a dungeon and run with a Warrior, if Odin allows maybe 2! So nice to see bosses drop left and right while our party always maintained a nice solid HP amount and no more strains on the healers! Now all good graces come to an end eventually and i could sense a tension in the air as my fellow tanks began to turn on me.

As i continued to run dungeons as a tank filling in the DPS role i noticed the lesser "designated" tanks attempting to usurp my authority, WHAT?? HOW DARE YOU INSULT MY HONOR. I thought to myself. This inferior tank so obviously undergeared and under skilled in every possible way is trying to be the man of the house, not on my watch! Now when you are dealing with an offtank who doesnt know his or her own place problems start to arise. Instead of working together for the betterment of the party the 2 tanks are now locked in an grudge match which results in some very unnerving outcomes.

Fighting over the headcrush DOTs on the boss, pulling mobs without hesitation in order to proclaim, "I AM THE MAIN TANK! I AM THE LEADER OF THIS PARTY", attempting to gain the favor of the group and or picking routes or bosses which have to be killed because this tank says so. Now if you remember the reason i decided to tell this tale was because a certain unammed Knight really snapped a nerve like no other tank ever did. Today running good ol Cursed Ghost ship i entered as normal and noticed another Knight would be joining me on this run, "Good i thought to myself" I hate this god forsaken dungeon as somehow im always forced to run it at least 5 times daily, nobody kicks you, nobody wants to run this dungeon BTW.

So we start moving out no words spoken accept for the stigma that one of us will be the chosen leader for this party and the first boss is the test. So we get to Jill BIll or W/E this boss sucks so much i don't even bother looking him straight in the eye and even try to remember his name. We clear a bit and start to whittle him down and i "Grin" as i watch that threat meter as i can see her threat is so abysmal at least 4 times less than mine and the boss can't get enough of my threat she cant even peel him off my iron cain if you know what i mean.

Fast forward and we make it 2nd boss in the middle of the ship and take him down as usual. Now this is when things get funky, now remember it's Ghost Ship and i want to get off this vessel ASAP well because it's the worse dungeon ever invented in history of anything really. Now after proving my worth on the first 2 bosses i make my way up the staircase and what do i see? This abomination of a tank is killing every single monster, she wants it all. As i start to attack these red burning skeletons from hell hoping the party will follow my lead, ME, the one who brought them this far into the ship NOT HER. Needless to say I DROP DEAD as my entire party ignores me and is busy poking a cannon lady(who doesnt even know how to fire a cannon, she throws the cannon ball instead, fking sexist Koreans) and those special bosses stuck in those special ed rooms, nobody wants to see that!

I lay there dead as they pull special boss #1 from the room and start to do their own thing as i lay wondering how could this happen? This has never happened before, why must i endure such shame and ridicule from such an inferior tank! After being ressed  when special boss one is complete i can't resist my honor is at stake, i call her out. I snap and call her the trash she is, she refutes and says, "You should of selected tank" I should of rolled tank? I SHALL ROLL YOUR BOSOM across my face wench. How dare you say such things to me you filthy off-tank.

After this there is a  brief silence and the priest asks me the same question why i didnt select the tank role the random dungeon finder gives you. I tell her my plight, that 2 tanks are in fact better than a tank+DPS and thus a tuned tank in a random dungeon will always be a superior party member instead of a 3rd DPS. A longer silence this time, i can see the party is against me, my threat! my charisma! had no effect!, for the first time i was defeated.

Silence again.

You have been kicked from the party.

Edited by 6224130502210709307, 17 June 2013 - 01:55 PM.

#2 Mistori

Mistori

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 17 June 2013 - 03:07 PM

I read through your post and I can see your frustration. My only question is, what could you have done at the moment the other tank decided to "[kill] every single monster, she wants it all."? Although you guys decided you would be chosen as the leader of the party after the first boss as the test, did everyone acknowledge that?

From their point of view, yes, there was a tank that was absolutely awesome at tanking the first and second boss. He died for some reason, might have been our mistake, but as soon as we res'd him he started shouting at us. I'm not sure if that would have done any good for your honour and pride as the "superior" tank.

Lastly, pugs will always be bad. There's the off-chance you manage to join a good one once in a while, but pugs will always be bad

#3 AlexaWhite

AlexaWhite

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 100 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 17 June 2013 - 09:07 PM

I'm knight and do not have any tanking skills. Sometimes when i invited in party i instantly kicked off because most ppl if sea "shield" on class signature think that it is a tank and do not need in party second tank. So it's like that ^^ Who knew that the shield can stun and crush trough the bones of enemies.
It's just stereotyped inert thinking.

#4 SonicTMP

SonicTMP

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 346 posts
  • LocationAlone in the dishwasher

Posted 18 June 2013 - 10:53 AM

I get questioned abuot being dps spec now and then, kicked a couple times when people were too stupid to read the note that said dps before hand. The majority of people don't care or give me a chance usually.

As for OP's case.
1) You should always preform the role you queue for. In WoW this was a huge problem that pissed alot of people off for any number of reasons.
2) COMMUNICATION! Lack of it causes problems. I don't see a big problem with 2 tanks for a safety net in RHD. But let people know if you want to take the lead cause you are better geared before hand.

#5 Bronx

Bronx

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 943 posts
  • LocationPiscataway, NJ
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 18 June 2013 - 11:23 AM

10/10 would read again.

About out DPSing Assassins though, it's because the sin in your party wasn't very good. Turn off your Aura Shield, use Aura Blade. My friend has a sin and he always out DPS's me, even thought it's pretty close with level 1 Aura Blade. We are both decked out in full Epics.

#6 ioflux

ioflux

I am New.

• Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 18 June 2013 - 11:49 AM

Long read, but in the end, I believe you deserved it.

Reasons:

1. You que'd as a dps and kept trying to play maintank (play the role you signed up for, not false advertise)
2. You lashed out on a death and started insulting people in a pug group (asking to get kicked)
3. You retaliated after your party suggested my reason 1.
4. 3 DPS + Tank + Healer is better than Knight DPS + Knight Tank + 2 DPS + Healer. (Itll go faster, as very little difference as it makes, knights do not go to the top of the DPS foodchain)

I don't give a rat's *** how good of a player you are and how bad the pugs are, but your line of thinking is just outright asking to get kicked. Being a good player does not make one immune to mob mentality if you're being a-_- anyways.

#7 narhak

narhak

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 77 posts

Posted 18 June 2013 - 11:59 AM

4. 3 DPS + Tank + Healer is better than Knight DPS + Knight Tank + 2 DPS + Healer. (Itll go faster, as very little difference as it makes, knights do not go to the top of the DPS foodchain)

+1

First
-RHD dont need a offtank, never..

Second
A warrior or a Knight can do dps yes, but :

-If you dont have dps talents, or dps gear, dont go to dps role in RHD, or raid.
-If you pick the dps role, dont try to play maintank because you are ruining the experience of the other tank.
-In the case of you have dps build and gear, you can do dps as a knight yes, but other class like ranger, rogue, or sorc, can do that more easy than you with less effort

And FInally

"I AM THE MAIN TANK! I AM THE LEADER OF THIS PARTY

In every mmo than I played, the tank leads the party, if he knows what he has to do (''In partys'' , On raids, the raid leader leads the raid)

Edited by narhak, 18 June 2013 - 12:19 PM.

#8 Bronx

Bronx

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 943 posts
  • LocationPiscataway, NJ

Posted 18 June 2013 - 01:02 PM

I never choose the DPS checkmark for my RHD's. I will wear full DPS gears to help kill the bosses faster, while playing the main tank role. You don't need to wear full tank gear for RHD's (if geared).

As far as RHD's go, I'm a full tank that can deal significant damage.

#9 Chocs

Chocs

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 566 posts

Posted 18 June 2013 - 01:16 PM

My RHDs were always me as designated Tank, 3 DPS and 1 Healer. Had no problem whatsoever. The thing is, the party setups have always been organised manually. Everyone is aware of what roles to take and there is never any drama (at least concerning roles) even with another tank class checking the DPS role occasionally.

Besides the point that offtanks are unnecessary in RHD, seeing as how your tanking skills are very super awesome indeed, I'm thinking there's a severe lack of communication here.

#10 FacelessRed

FacelessRed

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 48 posts
  • LocationLondon
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 21 June 2013 - 01:48 PM

As someone who was doing RHD's with a Monk who refused to not be tank. And the leader told me to go DPS (warrior) i got a little annoyed, because not only was everyone but me undergeared. Monks do higher DPS than warriors anyway, so it didn't make sense. But I still say you deserved it. you gotta keep calm, if you queued as a DPS be a DPS. if the tank sucks then it's their fault. let the party wipe from their own stupidity. and if they don't learn just leave.

But... I do secretly hate other tank classes. And I keep a very close scrutinizing eye on threat if I have to play with another tank class while I'm the main tank.

Then again, I always keep a super close eye on threat. I have to be #1 !!

Edited by FacelessRed, 21 June 2013 - 01:48 PM.

#11 Squachie

Squachie

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 40 posts
  • Server:Odin

Posted 22 June 2013 - 01:46 AM

I hope this was a cleverly disguised satirical post or somebody has a superiority complex. :p_idea:

#12 Sera

Sera

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4831 posts
  • Locationthis evil world
  • Server:iRO Chaos

Posted 22 June 2013 - 03:19 AM

But... I do secretly hate other tank classes.

what's this now :|

#13 acroshin

acroshin

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 54 posts

Posted 23 June 2013 - 06:10 PM

Wow, and here I was thinking tanks had a mutual respect for each other, not trying to be the top dog and outshine one another. I'd expect that from the DPSes.

#14 Chocs

Chocs

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 566 posts

Posted 23 June 2013 - 07:34 PM

Wow, and here I was thinking tanks had a mutual respect for each other, not trying to be the top dog and outshine one another. I'd expect that from the DPSes.

There are tanks that see the threat bar as an E-peen, as do those DPS you speak of. The bigger the better.

They could be the same kind of people playing... nothing to do with role.

Edited by Chocs, 23 June 2013 - 07:35 PM.

#15 SuperGlue

SuperGlue

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 302 posts
  • LocationOceania (servers are sooo far away)

Posted 24 June 2013 - 02:58 AM

Alyhough that was a glorious rant, I thought this was a knight v monk v BM thing not a knight v knight ego contest =.=

/disappointed

#16 acroshin

acroshin

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 54 posts

Posted 24 June 2013 - 05:43 PM

There are tanks that see the threat bar as an E-peen, as do those DPS you speak of. The bigger the better.

They could be the same kind of people playing... nothing to do with role.

I honestly never saw it that way. I always saw the threat bar as a sort of helpful tool to make sure the tank has the highest threat and for the DPSes to see if they're getting too close to the tank's threat so they'd back off a bit.

I guess some people need to make a contest out of everything. =\

#17 Bronx

Bronx

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 943 posts
  • LocationPiscataway, NJ

Posted 25 June 2013 - 08:19 AM

Ego contest? I win!

#18 Hermand

Hermand

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 332 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online 2
  • Server:Odin

Posted 25 June 2013 - 04:12 PM

Well as a Tank Knight if its on normal mobs I don't worry too much since I lay my trust on the priest/sorc for the heal and DPS for taking the mobs fast, and just spam AOE so that all attacks are focused on me so priest/sorc only focus on one heal then just use Shield Fotress if it really gets out of hand (specially if someone accidentally tabs on a wrong monster). Though sometimes I -_- up on runs also since I am not familiar with all procedures on Dungeons for HARD mode and some people have different ways on how they want it to be taken.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users