New renewal server? - Ragnarok Online Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo
- - - - -

New renewal server?

• Please log in to reply
286 replies to this topic

#1 1756492860

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 333 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 18 June 2013 - 10:47 AM

First off, sorry if this is the wrong section for this post. I would have posted in the suggestions forum but no one really reads the stuff in there so...

GMs, any chances of setting up a new renewal server? I'm new to iRO renewal and I can say that new players can't keep up well with the server's current economy (lotsa mvp cards and god items in the market which sell for billions of zeny, etc), unless they spend a good amount of $$ for WPE/KP. It would be nice to have a fresh server especially for the ff:
  • people from RO2 who didn't like the game and decided to try RO1 instead
  • players from Chaos who want a more balanced environment gear-wise/economy-wise
  • players from the dead server Classic who want to start anew on renewal
I understand that creating a new server might just eventually lead to it merging into Chaos, but at least people would have their fair share of balanced fun and stuff for a good amount of time. Even though most people who would play RO1 already have experience with this game, it's definitely not fun being a new guy on a server which is (technically) 10 years old.

Hope you would consider this idea.

#2 Alaska

Alaska

Too Legit To Quit

• RO Fungineering
  • 4817 posts
  • LocationMontreal, Canada
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 18 June 2013 - 10:50 AM

They just merged all the other servers not even a year ago... it would make absolutely no sense to make another server, especially with the current population already on decline. I hate the current state of Chaos but making another server isn't going to fix anything, especially since they'll probably allow unlimited transfers again. -_-

#3 ZeroTigress

ZeroTigress

My Offline Life is Nonexistent.

• RO1 Member
  • 15204 posts
  • Server:Sakray->Iris->Ymir->Chaos

Posted 18 June 2013 - 11:03 AM

I understand that creating a new server might just eventually lead to it merging into Chaos, but at least people would have their fair share of balanced fun and stuff for a good amount of time.

Not might, it will. Therefore there's no point.

#4 teffalockheart

teffalockheart

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 513 posts
  • Server:Chaos in Classic

Posted 18 June 2013 - 11:08 AM

but yeah, exploitation and p2win will never free from any mmorpg game... no new server my guess

Edit: You should probably stop the attempts to insult another user. This is not the first post that was reported to do this.

Edited by VolunteerMod05, 18 June 2013 - 11:23 AM.

#5 WarlockFier

WarlockFier

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3395 posts
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:Silph Road

Posted 18 June 2013 - 11:11 AM

Considering they are way behind on addressing the tickets and can't seem to keep up with it, I don't foresee this is happening anytime soon.

#6 Ambur

Ambur

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3403 posts
  • LocationNevada
  • Server:Yggdrasil

Posted 18 June 2013 - 11:17 AM

It would be a nice idea if they actually had enough staff members to keep up with the games they are currently running. With every new game or server launch they seem to respond slower and slower.

@teffalockheart: You really don't make any sense, it isn't just Alaska who feels that way.

#7 SergioSSA1LER

SergioSSA1LER

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 564 posts

Posted 18 June 2013 - 11:29 AM

Ygg once again? The merge screwed up renewal, all the Ymir players where the only ones unhappy about their server (tons of MVP cards, Gods, mini boss cards, etc), Valk was happy even with the screwed up economy, Ygg was happy, and the -_- decision of taking all those Ymir items into the new server, thats what killed Chaos.

#8 teffalockheart

teffalockheart

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 513 posts

Posted 18 June 2013 - 11:30 AM

@teffalockheart: You really don't make any sense, it isn't just Alaska who feels that way.

then, if i asking why, at least give some valid answer instead of 'i just feel it doesnt make sense'.

or, maybe you just same as her, supporting afkemist everywhere everytime everyways...

oh wait, a new renewal server without homunculus... :go: :go: :go: :rice: :rice: :rice:

#9 meli

meli

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2688 posts

Posted 18 June 2013 - 11:36 AM

Recruiting alchemist/biochemist/genetic homunculus army to follow teffa wherever she goes. New server included.

#10 MegaEdge

MegaEdge

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 845 posts
  • LocationSt-Jérôme, QC.
  • Server:Poring

Posted 18 June 2013 - 11:40 AM

First off, sorry if this is the wrong section for this post. I would have posted in the suggestions forum but no one really reads the stuff in there so...

GMs, any chances of setting up a new renewal server? I'm new to iRO renewal and I can say that new players can't keep up well with the server's current economy (lotsa mvp cards and god items in the market which sell for billions of zeny, etc), unless they spend a good amount of $$ for WPE/KP. It would be nice to have a fresh server especially for the ff:

• players from Chaos who want a more balanced environment gear-wise/economy-wise
I understand that creating a new server might just eventually lead to it merging into Chaos, but at least people would have their fair share of balanced fun and stuff for a good amount of time. Even though most people who would play RO1 already have experience with this game, it's definitely not fun being a new guy on a server which is (technically) 10 years old.

This remind me of how people were whining about how Valkyrie was and how Ymir was so they decided to make a new server "Yggdrasil" and it went to waste because the very same people from high-end guild went there and completely farmed the whole server, I'm talking about Monsters, MVPs and WoEs, until they merged all 3 into Renewal: Chaos. So you're saying that opening a new server will break the chain that bind Renewal? Let me laugh if you truly believe something will change and those high guilds won't go there to farm the server again? I think you're a little too naive to believe that they won't join and farm there too.

#11 1756492860

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 333 posts

Posted 18 June 2013 - 11:50 AM

No one said anything about big guilds not goin to join a new server. But who cares if they do? Everyone will start as novices with no zeny anyway. No real issue about ppl farming mvps and such. People who spend a lot of time and supplies (legitly) camping mvps deserve all the drops theyd get anyway.

I suggested a new server so that the gap between players' wealth wont be as noticeable as it is on chaos. We talkin bout a new player with 0z compared to people with full god items and mvp carded gears accumulated in a span of 10yrs. Surely new people would opt to join a server with just a couple months worth of gears than join chaos right? Thats assuming the new server wouldnt be as dead as Classic is right now ;)

#12 teffalockheart

teffalockheart

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 513 posts

Posted 18 June 2013 - 11:50 AM

but yeah, exploitation and p2win will never free from any mmorpg game... no new server my guess

Edit: You should probably stop the attempts to insult another user. This is not the first post that was reported to do this.

i just tell the truth... nevermind... since i can still post, mean, my hate gauge is still not 30% right?

thanks for the edit. my love toward this game is growing much more :no1: :no1: :no1:

p/s: that also mean the said person read it and acknowledge the statement

#13 Alaska

Alaska

Too Legit To Quit

• RO Fungineering
  • 4817 posts
  • LocationMontreal, Canada

Posted 18 June 2013 - 12:25 PM

It would be nice if they could make a server that wouldn't allow transfers, but even then I doubt it could maintain the population to stay healthy. It would be sad to see another server that existed just for people to farm it. -_-

#14 AmonRA

AmonRA

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1927 posts
  • LocationUS

Posted 18 June 2013 - 12:52 PM

New server is not a bad idea, the problem is, no matter if open new server with the high Guilds, the real problem if the GMs never work to repair bugs, control bots (i mean you cant stop people botting, but can do something to stop kill the market so fast), ticket system (you need waiting 2 or more weeks only to get a automatic message like "thank you for reporting but i cant do anything for you", cheats (really this need permanently ban), etc.
sorry GMs, but is the true.

#15 beaupoem

beaupoem

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 4239 posts
  • LocationMora

Posted 18 June 2013 - 02:33 PM

p/s: that also mean the said person read it and acknowledge the statement

nope. anyone can report a post, not just the person in question. sorry to burst your bubble.

and yes, a new server would just be like ygg all over again. i liked ygg but why bother when it'll just merge again

#16 killedbytofu

killedbytofu

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 2212 posts
  • Server:a laggy one

Posted 18 June 2013 - 05:51 PM

or they could always just increase drop rates to something realistic instead of 2003 korean grindfest mmo status. and how about cash rewards for quests. or how about just quests in general? lol

its 2013. people dont want to grind mindlessly anymore when theres a huge market of games out there that offer tons of content to keep you entertained. they play games to be entertained. you can call it 'wanting easy mode', but video games are supposed to be fun. not mindless tedium that makes you even more bored then you were before you started playing. these .001% drop rates are laughable and the reason this game never blew up to maple story status of popularity

cash rewards for quests = players being able to catch up to everyone else

inb4 some lame comment about how it will help bots

#17 mikayel

mikayel

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 796 posts

Posted 18 June 2013 - 07:57 PM

I'd be stoked for a fresh renewal server but I totally get the issues it would face.

#18 House

House

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 92 posts
  • Server:Odin (RO2)

Posted 19 June 2013 - 08:50 AM

The server is not the problem, you just need to learn how to make money better. I'm a returning player. Quit before renewal and I was on loki. I came back a few weeks ago and I am having no problems making money and filling my gear needs. I new server isn't the solution. Here is the solution. http://forums.warppo...h-or-die-tryin/ Enjoy.

#19 Peerless

Peerless

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1295 posts
  • LocationSomewhere in Atlanta Currently
  • Server:Chaos aka Ragnarok to Be

Posted 19 June 2013 - 08:51 AM

I'd be stoked for a fresh renewal server but I totally get the issues it would face.

Can't be worse then what the current renewal server is atm...

#20 HayrohsLegacy

HayrohsLegacy

They pay me to post.

• Members
  • 6755 posts
  • Location名古屋、Japan
  • Server:Loki Champ & Chaos RG

Posted 19 June 2013 - 09:07 AM

new renewal without eden and turn-ins. i vote.

#21 dasein90

dasein90

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 52 posts

Posted 19 June 2013 - 10:00 AM

They can hardly keep one server up.

#22 LeonFlare

LeonFlare

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 955 posts
  • Twitter:https://twitter.com/thenagrarok
  • LocationMOOTXICO!
  • Server:Valkyrie Forever

Posted 19 June 2013 - 10:13 AM

new renewal without eden and turn-ins. i vote.

i will love that, u know, exploring and travel trough maps like in the old days, not just stick with orc dung, geffen dung, and abbys, but that will discourage lazy ppl to play, and well, all what gravity wants now is RO easy mode :| because that still makes cash

#23 Nombus

Nombus

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 374 posts

Posted 19 June 2013 - 10:19 AM

It's an idea many people would greatly like. No server should be plagued by the amount of God Items/MvP cards that currently exist on Chaos. Most people drawn to Classic seem not so much interested in old mechanics, but rather by the balance that exists there.

Edited by Nombus, 19 June 2013 - 10:22 AM.

#24 duckmanneo

duckmanneo

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 580 posts
  • LocationIn a van down by the river.
  • Server:Ymir

Posted 19 June 2013 - 11:32 AM

i will love that, u know, exploring and travel trough maps like in the old days, not just stick with orc dung, geffen dung, and abbys, but that will discourage lazy ppl to play, and well, all what gravity wants now is RO easy mode :| because that still makes cash

I've played my rogue 1-99 and now my stalker from 1-96 with no turn ins. You just basically don't do those turn in quests.

#25 mikayel

mikayel

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 796 posts

Posted 19 June 2013 - 05:14 PM

Try getting past level 125 without TIs ;D

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users