• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 SparklingLimeade

SparklingLimeade

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 137 posts

Posted 23 June 2013 - 02:45 AM

So I hit 50 the other day and was walking around Alberta looking at all the awesome people offering crafts of things I can't have yet and nothing of immediate use when suddenly everything went black. I woke up in the canal with half my zenny missing and a note that reads "fun time is over." Crap. I guess that although hiding exceed is really fun, it isnot actually that useful. Fortunately it looks like the note was written on a skill reset voucher so I can fix this. Since then I've been sitting outside dungeons scribbling and calculating, looking for a balanced, fun, and powerful build and I have a crazy theory...

Is leveling Deadly Blow really worth it? It's 2% per level. Saving those 4 points only loses 8% damage per use of deadly blow, and we can gain some respectable returns putting those points into other skills. I lack the experience to judge this for myself so I'd like to hear from more people. People with experience, people who crunch more numbers, more thoughts. I have some specific questions to go with the idea.
  • With the cooldown reduction from good gear do you use DB more (because more shadow strike/grimtooth and more combot points) or less (Explode!)?
  • I have also decided that combo training is not worth the points regardless. Does this impact the decision?
Here is the exact build I've started based on this idea. I'm actually considering leaving DB at level 1 in favor of Mark of Genocide. In a party that .4% crit for the party on all DPS for every attack should matter more than 2-4%AD every 20 second rotation. In solo PvE DB doesn't come up much so I'm not really losing anything. In raids will I run into other people who max MoG often enough to render that benefit moot? Is DB essential for PvP to the point that I would gimp myself by losing that 8%?

#2 4860130515113635440

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 194 posts

Posted 23 June 2013 - 10:21 AM

http://www.ro2base.c...1.1.3/0.0.0.0.0

In my experience DB causes a tiny, sometimes moderate, lag when switching DA to DB to DA. Though I don't have numbers for it it seems that you lose at least 1 DA worth of damage using DB if doesn't crit. Though it helps damage overall unless the transition is smooth it just seems a bother, and I only really use it once in between SE. Choosing between MoG and DB is for you to decide but I prefer to have the crit rate for me,and my party, over a tad more burst damage.

One change I would urge you to make is to take 1 point out of hiding and use it elsewhere, with 2 points in it you move faster than a normal character.

#3 SparklingLimeade

SparklingLimeade

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 137 posts

Posted 24 June 2013 - 03:42 AM

Choosing between MoG and DB is for you to decide but I prefer to have the crit rate for me,and my party, over a tad more burst damage.

That's just the thing, DB is just another part of extended damage combos at this point so it can be exaluated as part of the big picture as a matter of long term damage output and in that case I find it outclassed by just about every other skill we use in terms of value per additional level.

http://www.ro2base.c...1.1.3/0.0.0.0.0
One change I would urge you to make is to take 1 point out of hiding and use it elsewhere, with 2 points in it you move faster than a normal character.

I hate the thought but I have to agree. That exact skill build is very high on the list of things I was considering.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users