• Please log in to reply
35 replies to this topic

#26 Yoruno

Yoruno

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 57 posts

Posted 05 July 2013 - 11:55 AM

Monks don't have a self heal...and Warrior Tanks can very likely abuse Vigor while still maintaining high defensive stats. Not that this is the thread for that. <_<

Can't you use Aura Heal on other people?

You can. if you wanna use it this way then a dps or offtank knight could use their aura heals on main tank or someone with low hp from time to time. Then again the amount it heals...it  might save someone form certain death but yeah.

#27 ODKN

ODKN

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 939 posts
  • Location????, Nebraska
  • Playing:Nothing
  • Server:Odin

Posted 05 July 2013 - 01:31 PM

You can. if you wanna use it this way then a dps or offtank knight could use their aura heals on main tank or someone with low hp from time to time. Then again the amount it heals...it  might save someone form certain death but yeah.

Considering it can save someone from the random bleed, it could be handy.

#28 Finraziel

Finraziel

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 211 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 05 July 2013 - 01:46 PM

Of course, since AH and TR are presumably both affected by vigor, you should always have a 6:1 ratio between the two.

Survival is 20% HP on a 40 second Cooldown, which means that the "standard" for Tank self-heals is 10% per 20s cooldown. AH is unlikely to hit that on average, making it only better than Monk's self-heal. Honestly, the amount healed seems too low to be worth it even for soloing.

Beastmaster is centered around high HP and self heals though, it's not very realistic to say that should be the standard for all tanks... In that case, my bear wants a HUGE defense increase, because then I guess knight sets the standard for that.

#29 AlexaWhite

AlexaWhite

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 100 posts

Posted 05 July 2013 - 04:48 PM

Can't you use Aura Heal on other people?

Yes, Aura heal usable on others. So in colo you need first press "F1" for selfhealing. But if target - mob you automaticly heals yourself.

#30 spweasel

spweasel

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 35 posts

Posted 05 July 2013 - 05:43 PM

Monks don't have a self heal...

Exactly.

Beastmaster is centered around high HP and self heals though, it's not very realistic to say that should be the standard for all tanks... In that case, my bear wants a HUGE defense increase, because then I guess knight sets the standard for that.

Both Warriors (Tension Relax) and BMs (Survival) follow that pattern, though. I was simply pointing out that in order for Aura Heal to keep up with the other two tank heals, it would need to heal 10% of your HP. Since it is highly unlikely to (especially if you aren't fully DPS specced), it is arguably the worst tank self-heal aside from Monk's (non-existent) heal.

I'm just saying that the healing doesn't seem worth the investment, since you essentially end up with a bad Rejuvenation on a much longer cooldown. While you can use it to throw a heal at someone else, there are other classes much better suited for that, and it doesn't seem like it is going to save you enough Potions while soloing to justify taking points out of other Skills.

As an aside, I wouldn't be surprised if BMs get a significant defense increase at some point (50% => 75%~100% on Grizzly seems most likely). While they certainly have the best HP in the game, their low mitigation makes them the hardest tank to heal.

#31 Haboob

Haboob

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 931 posts
  • LocationBattlegrounds
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online 2

Posted 05 July 2013 - 07:34 PM

Thinking about letting aura blade go for aura heal. More heals will go a long way in colosseum when normally red potions are not enough to keep my HP maxed.

It also has other uses like for obb rushes which is also good or some soloplay grinding.

#32 ODKN

ODKN

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 939 posts
  • Location????, Nebraska

Posted 06 July 2013 - 04:49 AM

Exactly.

Both Warriors (Tension Relax) and BMs (Survival) follow that pattern, though. I was simply pointing out that in order for Aura Heal to keep up with the other two tank heals, it would need to heal 10% of your HP. Since it is highly unlikely to (especially if you aren't fully DPS specced), it is arguably the worst tank self-heal aside from Monk's (non-existent) heal.

I'm just saying that the healing doesn't seem worth the investment, since you essentially end up with a bad Rejuvenation on a much longer cooldown. While you can use it to throw a heal at someone else, there are other classes much better suited for that, and it doesn't seem like it is going to save you enough Potions while soloing to justify taking points out of other Skills.

As an aside, I wouldn't be surprised if BMs get a significant defense increase at some point (50% => 75%~100% on Grizzly seems most likely). While they certainly have the best HP in the game, their low mitigation makes them the hardest tank to heal.

Eh, it still has use in raids... I can't count the number of times people have bled to death, or needed just a wee bit more HP after potions. I mean, there are wrose things to spend points on.

#33 Wtfast

Wtfast

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 100 posts
  • LocationAlberta channel 5

Posted 07 July 2013 - 12:46 AM

I just got my last colo piece yesterday. I have 3004 AP with BO+AB+Conc up. Round it off for easy math.
3000 AP
24.56% crit chance
17.05% vigor
6375(7000+) HP unbuffed/buffed.

Aura heal would do:
540 heal
1080 crit
16.6sec CD

Edit: cause I did math wrong

Tensions relax is 60% over 20 seconds if you use 100 rage. 120s CD. You could use Aura heal 7 times if we count vigor in.
That's 3780-7560 healing over the same amount of time. You'd need it to crit once to match the healing power of Tension relax over the time frame.

Here's my problem with that. SEVEN USES to equal what tension relax does in 20 seconds! That's 100 rage vs 21 Aura points! or 700 rage. You will also need to use Concs 3 times to keep max AP over that time frame. That's ridiculous. You have any idea how big of a dps drop that is?

I am not here to troll. How is 3000 x .06 = 540 heal?

#34 AlexaWhite

AlexaWhite

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 100 posts

Posted 07 July 2013 - 01:05 AM

aura heal 3 do 6% per aura. So 3 auras give 18% atk heal. 3000*18/100=540.

#35 Wtfast

Wtfast

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 100 posts
  • LocationAlberta channel 5

Posted 07 July 2013 - 01:53 AM

Oh... I did not know that. Without the cd it might be useful in a 1v1 fight.

#36 ODKN

ODKN

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 939 posts
  • Location????, Nebraska

Posted 07 July 2013 - 04:39 AM

aura heal 3 do 6% per aura. So 3 auras give 18% atk heal. 3000*18/100=540.

Could just multiply it by .18 instead, and save yourself the extra step. :P

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users