Sorcerers are overpowered - Page 14 - Ragnarok 2 Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

Sorcerers are overpowered

• Please log in to reply
381 replies to this topic

#326 Kadnya

Kadnya

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 3395 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 03 August 2013 - 12:40 PM

I would argue that the classes are not broken if the burst damage class can regularly kill squishy charas and fail against tanks, tanks have an easier time surviving but have low damages, and pure attack characters damage is higher andmore consistent over time.

What would I need to do if I wanted to have a strong attack? Maybe, create a character from an attack class. If I wanted to have a great deffense, I should create a character from a deffenssive class.

Maybe, the problem then would be the way that the coloseum or other parts of the game benefit this or that class more, and those are the parts which should be changed, if anything. An example of would be like how woe doesn't reward full support characters like attack characters. Is the solution like, 'let's give the full support chara an skill to kill' or morelike, 'let's make it so any kind of chara has a way to be rewarded, not only for kills'?

#327 4860130515113635440

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 194 posts

Posted 03 August 2013 - 01:08 PM

I would argue that the classes are not broken if the burst damage class can regularly kill squishy charas and fail against tanks, tanks have an easier time surviving but have low damages, and pure attack characters damage is higher andmore consistent over time.

What would I need to do if I wanted to have a strong attack? Maybe, create a character from an attack class. If I wanted to have a great deffense, I should create a character from a deffenssive class.

Maybe, the problem then would be the way that the coloseum or other parts of the game benefit this or that class more, and those are the parts which should be changed, if anything. An example of would be like how woe doesn't reward full support characters like attack characters. Is the solution like, 'let's give the full support chara an skill to kill' or morelike, 'let's make it so any kind of chara has a way to be rewarded, not only for kills'?

Except for the fact that Warrior has great offense and knight seems to be better than rogue for the most part. The problem is that the classes were balanced solely around PVE with almost no thought put into how they'd preform in pvp. Monk and BM are red headed step children of colo, while sorc and ranger raise hell with substantially less effort.

#328 8351130705075501177

I am New.

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 03 August 2013 - 04:48 PM

Definately not enjoying Colo any more. Not just sorcs, but mostly how pvp in this game is just not fun. If you don't have vip then give up if your a melee since you will be kited to hell and back.

#329 coded

coded

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 630 posts
  • Location自分の夢に
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 03 August 2013 - 07:58 PM

Just make a soc, it not really that hard if you know how to press buttons and really easy to level. If you have no life you can level it in one day.

Edited by coded, 03 August 2013 - 08:02 PM.

#330 5391130503175245443

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 107 posts

Posted 03 August 2013 - 08:06 PM

The most OP classes in PvP are Sorc an Priest.  Sorcs can kill with two or three shots and heal itself while priests can Dot Dot Dot with crits on all targets and heal heal heal and bubble and heal to full Hp until targets die AWAY from their targets.

Melees classes are their fish in the pond to fish.

#331 suz8

suz8

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 78 posts
  • Locationparadise, hawaii
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online 2
  • Server:Odin

Posted 07 August 2013 - 05:01 AM

Sorry for the late post.

I'm a sorc, and in colo my #1 target is.. other sorcs, as well as wizards. They are the easiest to kill, and usually I can find them standing still attacking another poor soul whom I'd love to ks! (Sorc/Wiz usually have less dodge than rangers and that means a lot since missing a burst skill is pricey for a Sorc) Rangers also tend to run away a lot, so they aren't my #1 choice of kill.

Did you know?

When a sorc casts VS, and the target is ksed before the VS reaches the victim, we are unable to recast VS because the cool down is there, but not visible in our hotkeys? I can only assume it's a bug, that wasn't big enough to mention to the development team. Anyways, this matters a lot because VS is our most prized skill. However, we are unable to use it for another 30 seconds (so 1 minute of colo is gone without VS) AND we are left to guesstimate the 30 seconds.

Also, in the beginning of each round, I'm usually stalked by assassins and rangers who cloak near me in hopes of ksing my first target, then killing me once I'm wounded. You're welcome thief/ranger class :)

In colo, I don't even care about my number of deaths because it usually evens out to about the same amount if not more than my kills. You are also welcome priests, because my burst damage usually leaves my target with 1k or less hp (in which case I start to cold bolt) but I often watch as I waste my VS only to get ksed by a priest/ranger. The only time I target a BM/Monk/Knight/Warrior/Priest is when i happen to tab onto them with already low hp, and usually then I'm only able to cold bolt them because a tank with low hp usually means there's something or many things already about to kill them. The only other time I ever target a tank class is if they're chasing after me, in which case, yes I will attempt to FD them into giving up, but FDing and running do not go hand in hand. It stops me from running so I may cast FD in which case, a tank can easily knock me to the ground/stun. (left for any class to easily pick me off)

As a sorc, I believe that I'm able to kill (and ks) quite a lot, but at the same time, I also contribute to giving a lot of kills to other classes. I have never experience getting to last round without being targeted/stalked a couple times. You all do it, even I do it. I chase after sorcs all the time. I do believe that I am able to kill a LOT and usually get to 4th/5th round. However, I refuse to believe that the majority of sorcs are able to kill a lot while simultaneously outhealing any sort of damage. I've tried the whole healing thing in last round. Chances are, by the time I stop to earth emblem, LOR, Del, and heal myself, I'll be dead on the ground with a mob of people who haven't been hit at all because I was too busy trying to heal myself instead. (not to mention, our damage is slow and -_-ty if we're in earth mode).

There is a reason why I wear costumes into colo -- and that is because as a sorc, I am one of the most targeted people in the arena.

This thread reminds me of a time I played in a private ro1 server and people were asking to nerf creators because they were able to kill the amazingly high defensive Palidins. Every class has its ups and downs. Now, if Sorcs were able to tank and deal amazing burst dmg, quote my post and tell me sorcs are OP and i'll agree with you. I think sorcs are perfectly balanced. It's the other classes you have to worry about. Colo is just set up too much to reward the dps class-- It's not like you get extra points for dying less after all. A solution to balancing colo COULD possibly be to subtract points for deaths. However, I could see many people QQing over this as it'd put priests in an even higher chance of winning colo. 

#332 3558130505073124957

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 139 posts

Posted 07 August 2013 - 05:22 AM

the same goes for rangers whit a litle diff rangers have more DMG then sorces but on the other hand we dont hawe any heals or dmg reduction skills only quick legs and that the only def a ranger has if a meale or a priest targets me i can go down on 2 hits if hie has a good crit 

And to the kills it is true that rangers make a lot of kills but also they die 5-8 timens in a round evean in the 1 round so a ranger or a sorce need the most kils to evean advance

and it true ther is not mutch of a problem to get to the last round but to win it is a whol different story Rangers and sorces are the 1 that go down and then they are prey for the rest

so i realy dont get the OP stuf every class has its pro and contra and every one needs to play acording to that

#333 ZeroDark30

ZeroDark30

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 22 posts
  • Server:.w. I am Yami

Posted 08 August 2013 - 04:32 PM

Sorcerers can deal massive amount of damage really fast and can heal themselves really fast too. You should nerf the heal or the damage. They can outheal any kind of damage they take. Sorcerer using potions will even make them more impossible to kill.

Don't worry sorcerers may have double damage and healing abilities but we are very vunerable to attacks and stuns. :p_smile:  You just need the right stun and attack combo and were done for so don't think of sorcs as bein the only class of being overpowered cuz were really aren't once you get to know how we fight and stuff :rice:

#334 Zikadus

Zikadus

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 56 posts
  • LocationAnaheim
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online

Posted 09 August 2013 - 02:06 AM

Don't worry sorcerers may have double damage and healing abilities but we are very vunerable to attacks and stuns. :p_smile:  You just need the right stun and attack combo and were done for so don't think of sorcs as bein the only class of being overpowered cuz were really aren't once you get to know how we fight and stuff :rice:

True that!!! Thumbs up!!! 

#335 maynoth

maynoth

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 34 posts

Posted 09 August 2013 - 07:26 AM

Sorcerers can deal massive amount of damage really fast and can heal themselves really fast too. You should nerf the heal or the damage. They can outheal any kind of damage they take. Sorcerer using potions will even make them more impossible to kill.

You should have researched what class you wanted to play before you made a choice.  I did and I chose Sorcerer because they have decent dps and can heal themselves and others.

I spent a great amount of time researching and thinking about the classes, obviously you did not.

So how about instead of asking that they nerf a class, because you didn't do you your homework, you instead ask for class x to be given the ability to heal or something like that.

What I hear is this:

I MADE A BAD DECISION! WAHHHHH!!! PUNISH EVERYONE ELSE FOR MY BAD CHOICES!!!

lol. 

#336 4860130515113635440

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 194 posts

Posted 09 August 2013 - 03:16 PM

You should have researched what class you wanted to play before you made a choice.  I did and I chose Sorcerer because they have decent dps and can heal themselves and others.

I spent a great amount of time researching and thinking about the classes, obviously you did not.

So how about instead of asking that they nerf a class, because you didn't do you your homework, you instead ask for class x to be given the ability to heal or something like that.

What I hear is this:

lol. 

Did your homework on what? How to talk down to others and perfect your crap eating grin that you picked the most imba class in pvp? All he said is that sorc do an insane amount of damage to be able to just turn around and tank you till the cooldowns are off and do it again. 

Vulnerable to attacks and stuns, you mean like every other class? Dps classes don't have the stun options to do it unless you're very good or the sorc is bad. Any sorc worth a damn is going to isolate you and destroy you and there is nothing you can do about. Sorc is a utility class that does a little too good in some of them, they need to be toned back some or others need(serious) buffs.

#337 Meconopsis

Meconopsis

Awarded #1 Troll

• Members
  • 918 posts

Posted 09 August 2013 - 05:31 PM

You should have researched what class you wanted to play before you made a choice. I did and I chose Sorcerer because they have decent dps and can heal themselves and others.

What I hear is this:

lol.

Lol you mad bro. Real mad.

#338 Faylon456

Faylon456

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 09 August 2013 - 05:52 PM

Whoever made this post complaining about sorcs.  I can understand you rarely died by one, and was probably attacking someone 1on1 using full colo gear, or you need more practice, I do not know.  Try killing a FS priest 1on1 in colo and then complain they are OP too so people can laugh more. I would like to see you make a sorcerer, go into colo and then complain you cannot pass the first round.

There is no simple press a button and win scenario here, a skilled sorcerer does not relly on one skill to magically crit when they want it to. No matter what class you choose, there is no "dominate everyone because they suck and i win" scenario.  You have to practice and earn it.

PS: Sorcerers have to stop and switch emblems to heal while being attacked, then switch back to attack. (if they are not stunned or teamed and killed, hrhr)  

When you died, you most likely were critted just before you died, or like i said, a rare death scenario. If you are having a bad day and wanted to complain about something to make them low as dogs, i can understand your pain little bro.

Sorcerers do not always crit, and the last i remember, my skill mostly misses in coloseum. I do recall coloseum giving everyone the same stats no matter what your gear/cards are.  When i do manage to crit, if the target has full colo gear, the crit is low damage.. yes you heard me, low damage. i have been hit for over 4k from rangers and warriors and rogues and priests.  Suck it up.

I also do recall everyone in coloseum targets sorcerers because they are an easy kill, yes, an easy kill.  If you cannot kill a sorcerer, then you either are poorly skilled or less skilled than your opponent.

Keep practicing, because practice makes perfect.

If you have a grudge against sorcerers, do what everyone else who cant get a kill does, and team up. (I do not) ~

Edited by Faylon456, 09 August 2013 - 06:09 PM.

#339 Sirkiko

Sirkiko

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 09 August 2013 - 07:33 PM

"Dear WP. Please nerf Rock. Paper is fine".

- Scissors

#340 4860130515113635440

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 194 posts

Posted 09 August 2013 - 07:43 PM

- Scissors

Except for the fact that sorc is like RockScissors. They can heal fairly well and have outstanding KS ability and damage. All while being less squishy than the other DPS/Mages(Well Priest can do better but at drastically reduced offensive capabilities).

#341 ZT0100

ZT0100

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 283 posts
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 09 August 2013 - 07:46 PM

Whoever made this post complaining about sorcs.  I can understand you rarely died by one, and was probably attacking someone 1on1 using full colo gear, or you need more practice, I do not know.  Try killing a FS priest 1on1 in colo and then complain they are OP too so people can laugh more. I would like to see you make a sorcerer, go into colo and then complain you cannot pass the first round.

There is no simple press a button and win scenario here, a skilled sorcerer does not relly on one skill to magically crit when they want it to. No matter what class you choose, there is no "dominate everyone because they suck and i win" scenario.  You have to practice and earn it.

PS: Sorcerers have to stop and switch emblems to heal while being attacked, then switch back to attack. (if they are not stunned or teamed and killed, hrhr)  

When you died, you most likely were critted just before you died, or like i said, a rare death scenario. If you are having a bad day and wanted to complain about something to make them low as dogs, i can understand your pain little bro.

Sorcerers do not always crit, and the last i remember, my skill mostly misses in coloseum. I do recall coloseum giving everyone the same stats no matter what your gear/cards are.  When i do manage to crit, if the target has full colo gear, the crit is low damage.. yes you heard me, low damage. i have been hit for over 4k from rangers and warriors and rogues and priests.  Suck it up.

I also do recall everyone in coloseum targets sorcerers because they are an easy kill, yes, an easy kill.  If you cannot kill a sorcerer, then you either are poorly skilled or less skilled than your opponent.

Keep practicing, because practice makes perfect.

If you have a grudge against sorcerers, do what everyone else who cant get a kill does, and team up. (I do not) ~

You're clearly biased because you're a sorcerer. I don't know about other classes but rogues hitting over 4k in Colo, is that even practical? Anyway, this doesn't have much to do with being skilled; it has more to do with the skills themselves. Ice and lightning is pretty much GG for me. Don't even talk about practicing or being skilled because these do not save me from getting burst to death from afar.

I am not saying sorcerers are OP or anything, but this group is a problem, especially for meleers. Your comment is way too exaggerated.

#342 4860130515113635440

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 194 posts

Posted 09 August 2013 - 08:02 PM

You're clearly biased because you're a sorcerer. I don't know about other classes but rogues hitting over 4k in Colo, is that even practical? Anyway, this doesn't have much to do with being skilled; it has more to do with the skills themselves. Ice and lightning is pretty much GG for me. Don't even talk about practicing or being skilled because these do not save me from getting burst to death from afar.

I am not saying sorcerers are OP or anything, but this group is a problem, especially for meleers. Your comment is way too exaggerated.

I was thinking that his priest claim is way out there too. Though a rogue can hit 4k with MD from hide or with poring buff, though it is highly unlikely that either happens all that often.

As for low damage, LB does better damage than mostly all starting attacks so that claim is bunk too.

Edited by 4860130515113635440, 09 August 2013 - 08:07 PM.

#343 Faylon456

Faylon456

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 09 August 2013 - 10:33 PM

Not everything in a game is supposed to be easy.

Me as a sorcerer, i have a hard time off and on.  Sadly my level 30ish priest does better than my sorcerer a lot of times.

Most of my progress is determined how i feel  irl: sick, dizzy, tired, headachey etc.

The harder someone tries while they feel good, has a huge benefit.   music also helps a lot.

KSing for me on my sorcerer is not always successful, it is alot harder to KS than the priest, unless by chance i do not miss and it happens to be a crit when the person has enough hp lost and someone does not get the hit before me. (same with any other class)

I tend to target other sorcerers because they are the easiest to kill. (high damage pursts, slow high damage attacks, but easier to be killed)  <-- balanced

It is almost impossible for me to heal when being attacked unless it is only one attacker, because my hp drops way faster than I could ever heal, and when i stop healing, I die if not sooner. (one attacker is so rare i do not bother to heal most of the time)

Many times i have lowered people from 100% hp to under 10% and lost the kill, even up to 10+ times in a round, and ended up kicked out during that round. It is very rare that i would ever get a high damage crit and receive an easy kill, and even if it was easy, giving the cool down time i do not get many chances.  The wizard's highest damage skill does way more damage than mine when combined with their always crit skill, end result over 8k damage easy. As high as it is, it has a very high cooldown as many other classes have their own balanced way.

All in all, it took adjustments and a lot of practice to start getting far.    and lightning bolt at double damage does not hit hard unless level 5. even so, colo geared people take little damage from it. everything adds up.  my dps priest can tear up a sorcerer alot of times depending on the situation, but they are pretty squishy unless they have colo gear on, even so they are still squishy.

Not everyone has good days. as for me i did not pass the 2nd round last colo.  Whether it was because i wasnt feeling up to it i do not know, but the 3k points is a plus.

Any class with the right skills or skill levels for their character, can deal a lot of damage when used at the right combination or moment.

Sorcerers get chain killed so badly it is sad.  Nothing for me to complain on a forum about it though, i just keep trying.

PS: there are a lot of times that rangers rogues assasins wizards warriors priests knights etc that know their skills inside and out.  kill me  in colo in a 1on1 fight with no problem. there is always someone better skilled then me.

Edited by Faylon456, 09 August 2013 - 11:38 PM.

#344 maynoth

maynoth

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 34 posts

Posted 10 August 2013 - 09:18 AM

Wahhhhhh.... I don't like that sorcerers have good DPS and healing ability... and because I chose to play something else with it's own strengths and weaknesses and I don't like it you should nerf sorcerers...

Really...?  LOL

Did your homework on what? How to talk down to others and perfect your crap eating grin that you picked the most imba class in pvp? All he said is that sorc do an insane amount of damage to be able to just turn around and tank you till the cooldowns are off and do it again. 

Vulnerable to attacks and stuns, you mean like every other class? Dps classes don't have the stun options to do it unless you're very good or the sorc is bad. Any sorc worth a damn is going to isolate you and destroy you and there is nothing you can do about. Sorc is a utility class that does a little too good in some of them, they need to be toned back some or others need(serious) buffs.

Edited by maynoth, 10 August 2013 - 09:19 AM.

#345 maynoth

maynoth

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 34 posts

Posted 10 August 2013 - 09:21 AM

ROFLAO!

- Scissors

#346 4860130515113635440

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 194 posts

Posted 10 August 2013 - 01:59 PM

Wahhhhhh.... I don't like that sorcerers have good DPS and healing ability... and because I chose to play something else with it's own strengths and weaknesses and I don't like it you should nerf sorcerers...

Really...?  LOL

ROFLAO!

Did your homework on what? How to talk down to others and perfect your crap eating grin that you picked the most imba class in pvp?

I find this to still be relevant to your posts.

Also in attemtp to add something to the topic, lets take what melee can do against Mages in FFXI. Mages can one shot you here yes, but the casting times and recasting times are longer so you can react to them most of the time. To work around Mages have a ton of sleep/stun/slow spells at their disposal, but as a counter melee can use items to remove such statuses if they are prepared. This makes mages there rely on expert use of their shorter skills. There really isn't a lets wait till the lottery is up to get me a kill there, and that is more of what we'd like to see here.

There is no reason they can't add bandages to stop bleed, antidotes to stop poison, cold medicine to remove freeze, energy pills to remove slows, knife to remove snare or just panacea as a crafted to remove any thing. But they apparently refuse to cut back on their skills or add ways to deal with them when its obviously a problem.

Edited by 4860130515113635440, 10 August 2013 - 02:19 PM.

#347 maynoth

maynoth

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 34 posts

Posted 10 August 2013 - 02:55 PM

If you want the ability to heal and dps you should have chosen a Sorcerer, end of discussion.  Sounds like you made a bad choice, and want to handicap others because of your bad choices. 

I think it's awesome my friend has the ability to go invisible as a Rouge, but do you hear me whining non stop about how unfair it is he can just breeze through item collect quests and dungeons etc?

I chose sorcerer because I wanted to heal and dps, if that's what you wanted you should have chosen sorcerer as well. 

Quit whining.

Did your homework on what? How to talk down to others and perfect your crap eating grin that you picked the most imba class in pvp?

I find this to still be relevant to your posts.

Also in attemtp to add something to the topic, lets take what melee can do against Mages in FFXI. Mages can one shot you here yes, but the casting times and recasting times are longer so you can react to them most of the time. To work around Mages have a ton of sleep/stun/slow spells at their disposal, but as a counter melee can use items to remove such statuses if they are prepared. This makes mages there rely on expert use of their shorter skills. There really isn't a lets wait till the lottery is up to get me a kill there, and that is more of what we'd like to see here.

There is no reason they can't add bandages to stop bleed, antidotes to stop poison, cold medicine to remove freeze, energy pills to remove slows, knife to remove snare or just panacea as a crafted to remove any thing. But they apparently refuse to cut back on their skills or add ways to deal with them when its obviously a problem.

#348 4860130515113635440

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 194 posts

Posted 10 August 2013 - 03:41 PM

Reread what I posted last and show me where I said anything even about healing or dpsing in general and respond in a way that isn't trolling. A sorc in the game right now is like giving a shotgun and bear traps to a kid playing Duck,Duck,Goose. They have stuff in the game that just can't be dealt with and gave most of those options to sorc. Asking for the addition of status removing potions, more dps capability from tanks(who btw already seem to be meant to be able to looking at their skills), more healing options for tanks/dps(There are solid options but most are balanced around dungeons and not raid content) or just to add things to the other skills that are present elsewhere(Being frozen makes lightning do double damage, but I can't get any extra damage on someone out cold on the ground?).

I don't want to heal or dps and I don't want yours to take a hit, I want options where they should already exist and for all purposes seem to already exist in some form or another but not to their full potential. I want to like this game but if the developers aren't going to listen and all there is are self entitled brats for players who want things kept broken because they like it that way, then I have little choice. I'll take my money to a game where you can't afford to play because it isn't free and where developers have commented on and are fixing bugs and trivial issues such as class balance.

#349 maynoth

maynoth

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 34 posts

Posted 10 August 2013 - 03:48 PM

wahhh...

Next time do you homework before you create a character.

Start a new character as a sorcerer, and quit whining.

Reread what I posted last and show me where I said anything even about healing or dpsing in general and respond in a way that isn't trolling. A sorc in the game right now is like giving a shotgun and bear traps to a kid playing Duck,Duck,Goose. They have stuff in the game that just can't be dealt with and gave most of those options to sorc. Asking for the addition of status removing potions, more dps capability from tanks(who btw already seem to be meant to be able to looking at their skills), more healing options for tanks/dps(There are solid options but most are balanced around dungeons and not raid content) or just to add things to the other skills that are present elsewhere(Being frozen makes lightning do double damage, but I can't get any extra damage on someone out cold on the ground?).

I don't want to heal or dps and I don't want yours to take a hit, I want options where they should already exist and for all purposes seem to already exist in some form or another but not to their full potential. I want to like this game but if the developers aren't going to listen and all there is are self entitled brats for players who want things kept broken because they like it that way, then I have little choice. I'll take my money to a game where you can't afford to play because it isn't free and where developers have commented on and are fixing bugs and trivial issues such as class balance.

#350 4860130515113635440

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 194 posts

Posted 10 August 2013 - 03:55 PM

Except that creating another sorc doesn't fix the problems.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users