Sorcerers are overpowered - Page 4 - Ragnarok 2 Community Chat - WarpPortal Community Forums

Photo

Sorcerers are overpowered

• Please log in to reply
381 replies to this topic

#76 HunkSurvivor

HunkSurvivor

Too Legit To Quit

• Members
  • 1433 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 16 July 2013 - 06:52 PM

20% def + 2x dmg = 7k per bolt, totally balanced

#77 Chizzmaks

Chizzmaks

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 221 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles CA
  • Server:NA

Posted 16 July 2013 - 07:10 PM

You are wrong, you should watch an assassin video on Colloseum pwning Sorcerers like mobs, plus if you take that 200% damage? no classes can resist that damage, neither priests with khara pots, Coluseo heal, nothing.

DPS(Rangers,Rogues,Assa) > Greater Damage(Wizards,Sorcs).

Vau!

I am a sorc and I really hate rouge and sin they are very painful especially when they crit

#78 4860130515113635440

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 194 posts

Posted 16 July 2013 - 07:21 PM

I am a sorc and I really hate rouge and sin they are very painful especially when they crit

There are times when we don't crit? >:3

#79 Oreot

Oreot

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 122 posts
  • Playing:Ragnarok Online 2
  • Server:Odin

Posted 16 July 2013 - 09:04 PM

20% def + 2x dmg = 7k per bolt, totally balanced

120% of their Base defense. Totally OP. 

Only level 49 so have no idea how high it goes... but.. 8.76 base defense now a whopping 10.52% after buff. Totally needs nerfing (sarcasm).

#80 4860130515113635440

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 194 posts

Posted 17 July 2013 - 03:57 AM

120% of their Base defense. Totally OP. 

Only level 49 so have no idea how high it goes... but.. 8.76 base defense now a whopping 10.52% after buff. Totally needs nerfing (sarcasm).

Def has nothing to do with WHAT needs to be nerfed. As a well geared Sin I'm sitting at 18% once you hit 50 you get a decent jump in everything and will probably end up having around 12% buffed(your self buff btw). You take a whopping 6% more damage than me while wearing cloth. What needs to be nerfed is the FD skill, it needs to be made so that it isn't a flat 200% increase but merely make it so that all lightning crits when under frozen effects. Either that or they could buff all melee stuns to be twice as long with 1/4 the cool down and give us double damage, because a skill like that totally isn't broken or op at all...

#81 StrawberriKiwi

StrawberriKiwi

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 485 posts

Posted 17 July 2013 - 04:15 AM

.... I think frost diver is pretty balanced 

U need that stupid casting time to cast it. Sometimes ur not even done casting and ur target has ran too far >.> 

Also, i'm not sure if its cuz i'm not colo geared or something, i miss half my castings on sins. 

Furthermore ... sorcs are just being targetted in colo cuz they usually have the least hp. Its basically like 5x as much people following u around. I literally had this sin stalk me the whole time before colo started ._.

#82 Greeds

Greeds

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 96 posts
  • LocationRune Midgard

Posted 17 July 2013 - 04:21 AM

Def has nothing to do with WHAT needs to be nerfed. As a well geared Sin I'm sitting at 18% once you hit 50 you get a decent jump in everything and will probably end up having around 12% buffed(your self buff btw). You take a whopping 6% more damage than me while wearing cloth. What needs to be nerfed is the FD skill, it needs to be made so that it isn't a flat 200% increase but merely make it so that all lightning crits when under frozen effects. Either that or they could buff all melee stuns to be twice as long with 1/4 the cool down and give us double damage, because a skill like that totally isn't broken or op at all...

^This.
Also being unable to use pots is a pain, which is understandable because you're supposed to be 'frozen'.

The fact that they're able to 1 or 2 shot people is what's broken, no other class can do that.

Edit: Didn't see someone posted in between. Added quote.

Edited by Greeds, 17 July 2013 - 08:16 AM.

#83 elvenne

elvenne

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 427 posts
  • Server:Chaos

Posted 17 July 2013 - 04:22 AM

That sin was stupid enough  to follow a sorc that could 2-shot him 4 seconds later instead of a wiz who wouldn't do sh..t to him... It happens sometimes :p_swt:

#84 5391130503175245443

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 107 posts

Posted 17 July 2013 - 07:10 AM

Nothing is overpowered in RO2, you just need to be sure you know how to take out your opponent with skill.

I truly wish that this was the case.  In PvP, Rangers are OP in both PvP ad PvE and Priests are OP in PvP.  They need to be nerfed is anything.  Sorcs are not OP.  It is one of the balanced characters compared to Priests and Rangers.

Really??? Are we QQing about Sorc when there are Priests and Rangers to complain about???

A healing class should not be able to kill multiple players and survive.  Difficult to kill? Definitely.  Be able to dmg to kill?  Of course so that priests can PvP as well.  Do more dmg than DPS classes?  Shouldn't be.  Come out as a champ in Colo more than any other classes (except Rangers)?  Speechless.

As for Rangers, let's just not get into this.......Even most Ranger players agree that they are OP.  Need I say more?

And we are QQing about Sorcs?  Yes, they can heal and be able to do some burst dmg.  But their healing DOES NOT negate all of the incoming damage unlik Priests.  They CAN'T withstand getting hurt by two DPS.  On the other hand, 4 DPS could be on a priest and their HP could be back to full in no time WHILE the priest is KILLING THEM.

Edited by 5391130503175245443, 17 July 2013 - 08:00 AM.

#85 Greeds

Greeds

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 96 posts
  • LocationRune Midgard

Posted 17 July 2013 - 07:32 AM

Sorcs are not OP.  It is one of the balanced characters.

:hmm:

#86 NuwaChan

NuwaChan

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 439 posts

Posted 17 July 2013 - 07:41 AM

Sins are balanced vs Sorcs. Sins have a knockdown where they get free hits, they can atk from their cloak from behind for double dmg, and they have much better hp and def than Sorcs.  For Sorcs 20% of 100 def is still just 20 def....

Sorcs do mostly burst Dmg anyway VS a good Priest. An average Sorc. can get a priest to 25%hp then the priest will heal themselfs, while the Sorc spams cold bolt, and eats DOT.

#87 CSTMS

CSTMS

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 232 posts
  • LocationArgentina
  • Playing:Nothing

Posted 17 July 2013 - 07:44 AM

Sorcs are not OP.  But it may be the most unbalanced class.

Fixed for you. Please rethink what a "balanced class" is, it's not always a matter of OP or UP.

#88 4860130515113635440

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 194 posts

Posted 17 July 2013 - 07:54 AM

.... I think frost diver is pretty balanced 

U need that stupid casting time to cast it. Sometimes ur not even done casting and ur target has ran too far >.> 

Also, i'm not sure if its cuz i'm not colo geared or something, i miss half my castings on sins. 

Furthermore ... sorcs are just being targetted in colo cuz they usually have the least hp. Its basically like 5x as much people following u around. I literally had this sin stalk me the whole time before colo started ._.

Don't even start talking about people gangbanging you, you'll get no sympathy here. You do realize what happens to Sins right? Sins are THE bane of all dps classes, and we're the second easiest class to pick out of a crowd. That means that every single Ranger/Sorc/Wiz/Priest and Rogue(but lol Rogue, you can finish whatever you're doing and kill them after) will take pot shots at you no matter what and nearly always as a highest priority. You may get attacked by melee looking for an easy kill but I am constantly the top target for every single ranged dps in colo especially those that can nearly one shot me. There are many times I've been FD'd before I can even activate SF again.

That sin was stupid enough  to follow a sorc that could 2-shot him 4 seconds later instead of a wiz who wouldn't do sh..t to him... It happens sometimes :p_swt:

Because wizards aren't a serious threat there isn't a ton of reason TO attack them. Unless they're ranked I nearly never go after them simply because they've got it harder than Sorc and can't do anything to me anyways. Making sure as few sorc make it to the finals as possible is priority 1 and you can't do that by targeting wiz. Not only that but sorc are easier to kill because they can't stall as long as a wiz can. I always target the best geared sorc I can find at the start of every round and make sure I drop everything to deal with them everytime I see them. Why wouldn't you attack the strongest class in colo?

I truly wish that this was the case.  In PvP, Rangers are OP in both PvP ad PvE and Priests are OP in PvP.  They need to be nerfed is anything.  Sorcs are not OP.  It is one of the balanced characters.

Ranger are not op. They can't even 5 shot someone, the only reason they seem as good as they do is because they're hard to find when they start attacking you and have fairly fast attacks they can use while moving(like sorc but stronger). The catch? the have nearly no defensive measures period. I'm not sure what you're thinking they're op at in pve but every other dps normally put them to shame unless they're seriously under geared. No nerf for ranger.

As for priests they can't do dick in colo if you don't let them. I don't think I've ever been killed by a priest who didn't KS me from someone. If they're FS they can't do crap to you, if they're dps they're screwed. Priests aren't OP just because you don't want to attack them.

Sorc are OP because in addition to being able to out heal most classes damage with HoTs they can then freeze and 1-3 shot you before you kill them. Wizard is the damage mage, sorc is the utility. I shouldn't be able to out damage a wiz in any sense. The fact that you can have a party with 1 tank and 4 sorc and have stuff be fine is proof they're op.

Sins are balanced vs Sorcs. Sins have a knockdown where they get free hits, they can atk from their cloak from behind for double dmg, and they have much better hp and def than Sorcs.  For Sorcs 20% of 100 def is still just 20 def....

Sorcs do mostly burst Dmg anyway VS a good Priest. An average Sorc. can get a priest to 25%hp then the priest will heal themselfs, while the Sorc spams cold bolt, and eats DOT.

Terribly wrong, Sin don't get 10 seconds of free hits or double damage on command and if they did we'd be the ones getting called for nerfs. Our stun isn't even really used as a stun by us, it is just used as a method to catch runners. We don't really have that great of defense when you take into account we can't heal outside of pots like sorc can. The only thing even slighty good about sin survival wise is that we get the most defense in the game for 10 seconds every 20 seconds. But even then why are primary target-er does around 4k base damage it becomes a necessity, other wise I'd think it needed to be toned down. But again better HP and Def doesn't matter when we can't heal and get hit for 4k constantly.

Edited by 4860130515113635440, 17 July 2013 - 08:41 AM.

#89 Greeds

Greeds

I made it Off Topic

• Members
  • 96 posts
  • LocationRune Midgard

Posted 17 July 2013 - 08:21 AM

I agree with you, also fixed my previous post (post #82). I'm still confused how no one mentioned the constant 40% movement speed reduction debuff from cold bolt which gets refreshed each cast?

Edited by Greeds, 17 July 2013 - 08:23 AM.

#90 Chizzmaks

Chizzmaks

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 221 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles CA

Posted 17 July 2013 - 08:32 AM

There are times when we don't crit? >:3

but they are too cute when they transform ^,,,,^

#91 4860130515113635440

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 194 posts

Posted 17 July 2013 - 08:47 AM

I agree with you, also fixed my previous post (post #82). I'm still confused how no one mentioned the constant 40% movement speed reduction debuff from cold bolt which gets refreshed each cast?

Edited mine as well, I thought it didn't make sense you were complaining about it and saying it was fine. No one complains about that because many never use it or assume its a ranger doing it. You should build resiliency to it like you do to FD.

but they are too cute when they transform ^,,,,^

IDK I like Sins wolficorn look, but I also wish gear had an affect on your look. For instance make the whit CoA turn you white with blue highlights or something similar. I hate how sin gear looks, I'm an assassin not a rap/hiphop back up dancer >.<

Edited by 4860130515113635440, 17 July 2013 - 08:48 AM.

#92 StrawberriKiwi

StrawberriKiwi

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 485 posts

Posted 17 July 2013 - 08:52 AM

LOL i don't know. I personally have seen the sorc dps before the nerfs from SEA and i think its pretty nerfed already. The 2x damage kills don't always happen + that stupid VS cooldown and the long ass casting time for jupitel thunder... unless sorcs proc its really hard to hit someone and kill them fast x_x I swear, sorcs are with the least hp and we're always the first to be targetted. Probably out of caution 

#93 OccultPriest

OccultPriest

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 361 posts
  • Server:Classic Loki

Posted 17 July 2013 - 08:57 AM

Your complaining about sorcs let me guess your a sin or a ranger XD

#94 Gluttannie

Gluttannie

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 432 posts

Posted 17 July 2013 - 10:43 AM

And we are QQing about Sorcs? Yes, they can heal and be able to do some burst dmg. But their healing DOES NOT negate all of the incoming damage unlik Priests. They CAN'T withstand getting hurt by two DPS. On the other hand, 4 DPS could be on a priest and their HP could be back to full in no time WHILE the priest is KILLING THEM.

Let me guess, you haven't actually played a priest. Once you can force them to use all their defensive spells (assumptio, full heal, inc agi) which can be used at most twice each round, they're as squishy as any other ranged classes.

The only reason they survive is because people don't understand the above so they avoid hitting priests. Granted, 1v1 with a priest is a waste of your time unless you're a sorc and the priest is out of assumptio+full heal, but with slide casting fixed, it really doesn't take all that much to kill one if you pick your moments.

Not to mention I've gotten KS'd plenty of times through my ray because it does separate hits (good feature in some situations, sadface in others) instead of one chunk of damage.

#95 4860130515113635440

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 194 posts

Posted 17 July 2013 - 10:47 AM

LOL i don't know. I personally have seen the sorc dps before the nerfs from SEA and i think its pretty nerfed already. The 2x damage kills don't always happen + that stupid VS cooldown and the long ass casting time for jupitel thunder... unless sorcs proc its really hard to hit someone and kill them fast x_x I swear, sorcs are with the least hp and we're always the first to be targetted. Probably out of caution 

I do know, I've seen a Sorc out threat both tanks and every other DPS in the raid AFTER the nerf. Even if they had been nerfed to 1% as effective as they used to be, even if they were 100 times better before, it doesn't change the fact that they are still the most unbalanced class. 2x damage always happens with FD and lightning skills its the 4x damage if it crits that people are mad about.

JT has a long cast time? You poor baby, maybe if you used cold bolt it'd proc instant cast more and don't give me that you have to stand still so it sucks bs. Ranagers SWEAR by Concentration Arrow and Ranger Main which is literally the exact same...Except for the fact that CA takes twice(nearly 4 times at base level) as long to cast and that FB has better damage AND slows others down. With CB procs JT is easily one of the best DPS attacks in the game. When you say CB, one of the best standard attacks(with the most special procs) in the entire game, isn't worth using it really brings into focus how OP Sorc are.

VS recast is too slow? I'll give you that its is slower than some being tied with Knight but still twice as fast as Monks. But then you must realize that while it is 10sec slower on the recast than most it is one of two ultimate's that can do up to 4x damage(the other being MD from Rogue), and it is one of two that can stun(the other being Monks AS). Did I mention that it is the only one that does both and can be used every 30s?

You're complaining that some of the best skills in the game aren't OP enough for you yet? I suppose if a sorc is all I had I'd think that too.

Edited by 4860130515113635440, 17 July 2013 - 10:48 AM.

#96 Chizzmaks

Chizzmaks

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 221 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles CA

Posted 17 July 2013 - 01:41 PM

I can say this is true I always made it to the finals in colo  but sometimes making it to the champ is way too hard for sorc esp. that anyone  around you can 1 hit your hp  just like that..... I hate the rogue and sin this melee is too painful for me to deal with esp if they are skilled and they can go around you and you cant cast your fd so you use the elect skill that at least will slows them down but  like I said all this skills need to be in front in order to cast them and a lot of players  watching out for sorc because they are easily to kill than any other class.....

Edited by 5323130618183626000, 17 July 2013 - 01:44 PM.

#97 Gluttannie

Gluttannie

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 432 posts

Posted 17 July 2013 - 01:58 PM

I can say this is true I always made it to the finals in colo  but sometimes making it to the champ is way too hard for sorc esp. that anyone  around you can 1 hit your hp  just like that..... I hate the rogue and sin this melee is too painful for me to deal with esp if they are skilled and they can go around you and you cant cast your fd so you use the elect skill that at least will slows them down but  like I said all this skills need to be in front in order to cast them and a lot of players  watching out for sorc because they are easily to kill than any other class.....

While you're casting, as long as you don't hold down your mouse button (whichever one you set to control your character's view), your character will always spin automatically to face your target. So as long as you can initiate the casting, it won't get cancelled unless they run out of range. Plus, all classes need to deal with this, so this feature alone in no way makes sorcs harder to play.

#98 Ryvian

Ryvian

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 419 posts

Posted 17 July 2013 - 02:01 PM

I'd be fine with a nerf to Rangers DPS, in exchange, I'd love to see buff to Ranger utility like traps, Sharpshooter damage enhance buff (as well as applies to everyone in your party rather than just other Rangers).

#99 Chizzmaks

Chizzmaks

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 221 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles CA

Posted 17 July 2013 - 02:22 PM

While you're casting, as long as you don't hold down your mouse button (whichever one you set to control your character's view), your character will always spin automatically to face your target. So as long as you can initiate the casting, it won't get cancelled unless they run out of range. Plus, all classes need to deal with this, so this feature alone in no way makes sorcs harder to play.

thanks I hope this works .

#100 StrawberriKiwi

StrawberriKiwi

Amateur Blogger

• Members
  • 485 posts

Posted 17 July 2013 - 04:08 PM

This doesnt work for me cuz i lag in Colo (probably laptop isnt the best thing to game on). Also if they run too far .... ur bound to be chasing them with interrupted cast times lol. By the time u get to them someone's probably killed them or maybe they've gotten to u XD

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users